Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Young Calgunners
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Young Calgunners This forum is for our younger members, the sons and daughters of Calgunners, younger guests and their parents.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Default Still nice people

Ok I have to share this story. I will not mention the store because it doesn't matter.

Son and I go into "said store" as it just opened for the day. He walks over to Ammo to check on 22lr. Shelf is cleared out in seconds and my son is standing there looking at all the adults acting like kids taking the ammo.

My sons walks up to me and says well dad that didn't go so well.... I ask him what happened as I walk up to the shelf. Oh, that happened I said to him. Turn around and start to walk out when a GENTLEMAN walks up to us and hands us a box of 22lr ammo. Tells me to have fun with my son and enjoy the day of shooting.

I can't tell you how happy this made both of us. Why is it that adults are taking advantage of this? 22 ammo was at one time the easiest to get and inexpensive.

My hat is tipped to this guy and I hope one day I can make someones day just like he did.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
NRA Recruiter
Field Staff Mtn Ops
Combat Iron Apparel ambassador
Old 07-07-2014, 3:56 PM

This...is one of the reasons I hardly get to shoot my .22lr that I bought when I turned 18. How does a young adult like me get to beat those retired folk who show up at gun shops hours before opening for the ammo? A couple ways I've found is by really getting out of my comfort zone, calling shops up, talking with their managers and logistics departments, and using the internet to locate when shipments will arrive...I don't think it used to be like this..so much effort to find and locate a brick of .22lr that the opportunity costs are way higher than the direct costs..

Glad to see someone found ammo.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM

It's sad how far it has gotten. A Walmart rep mentioned that their supply has yet to change. They get the same amount of 22 now that they did 2 years ago. The difference? People are lining up at 5 a.m to buy BOXES of the ammo. I haven't shot my .22 in so long.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:14 AM

I am glad to hear a story like this. Thanks for sharing. I wonder why 22LR is still scarce while I do not see many people shoot 22LR at the range . I am glad that I am not into shooting 22LR.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Well played sir
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 AM

My wife shoots up all the .22 when I find it haha. But glad she enjoys getting out and shooting with me. Same thing though, it's hard to find because all the old retired guys are in line waiting for the stores to open and snag it all up. Only times I'm able to be there early is on training holidays when I don't have to go to work. Otherwise there is no time between pt and work call to shower change and make it over to the store and back to work in time. Miss the days of walking in and buying a couple of bricks lol. Maybe one day again