Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2017, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

Default Heads up, Richmond R&G Club Rifle/pistol range closed May 8-12, 2017

The range is closed all week for berm repair. We hope to be open come Sat May 13th. Will try to update as I can.
Old 05-08-2017, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenv View Post
The range is closed all week for berm repair. We hope to be open come Sat May 13th. Will try to update as I can.

Will they improve the berm so that things can go back to the way they were? 50yrd center fire shooting. No ridiculous "tester" sticker on receivers. Standing and shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2017, 4:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning on going this weekend. By far my favorite range.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2017, 5:47 AM
Veteran Member

Action will be closed on Suturday for the annual President's day cleanup.. though if you want to see where all the props get built and you want to help out, come on out. I think they intend to have the range open on Sat/Sun but am not certain. I'll try to keep things updated.

Darthyogurt: Not sure, maybe.. Things were getting out of hand with so many people building rifles, slapping on a scope and then proceeding to hit the target besides theirs and try to figure out why their target stand collapsed... (true story, guy was so far off the mark they cut one of the target holders in half).
Old 05-09-2017, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Action will be closed on Suturday for the annual President's day cleanup.. though if you want to see where all the props get built and you want to help out, come on out. I think they intend to have the range open on Sat/Sun but am not certain. I'll try to keep things updated.

Darthyogurt: Not sure, maybe.. Things were getting out of hand with so many people building rifles, slapping on a scope and then proceeding to hit the target besides theirs and try to figure out why their target stand collapsed... (true story, guy was so far off the mark they cut one of the target holders in half).

Heya! Completely understand. Lot of knuckleheads out there. Not to mention someone getting killed at rahagues in so cal cause the berm behind a shooting bay deflected a round downwards. I remember at chabot they had a few 25 yard spots, where it would help ppl zero and the first timers go so they'd be able to get a better experience. AFAIK Military usually uses a 25 yard range to zero. I do miss being able to shoot standing, sitting. 25 yard target wouldn't bother me for those applications. Plus you'd be able to fit more rifle shooters which could increase revenues. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

The last I was under the impression was that the 50 yard line was approved for scoped 22 rifles who could print okay at 25 yards. I know they moved the bore sight station outside onto the 25 yard line and are no longer allowed to make adjustments (they have the owner do that). I was under the impression that firearms that could not bore sight were allowed to prove they were zero'd on the 25 yard line.. I don't usually work the 25/100 so I am going on what RO's have told me.. If I work that line, it's usually on an occasional basis if they need help.
Old 05-09-2017, 8:21 PM
Veteran Member

Question, do they still hang pistol target from the wire? If so, why not invest some time and money and fix that?

That's one of the reasons I won't go back there. One and only time I did go, there were so many stoppages to "fix the wire".
Old 05-10-2017, 5:29 AM
Veteran Member

No we do not.. We haven't used the wire in... it's been at least a year. They use replaceable wooden frames so that when someone is a bad shot, it only affects them and not the entire firing line.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No we do not.. We haven't used the wire in... it's been at least a year. They use replaceable wooden frames so that when someone is a bad shot, it only affects them and not the entire firing line.
Awesome!!! Thank you sir. I shall return..... (Wait, who said that?)
Old 05-12-2017, 5:15 AM
Veteran Member

as I understand it, the Pistol range will be open this weekend. The Rifle range is still sort of in flux at the moment and will only be partially open (limited shooting lanes, maybe 4-6). If you don't need to come out and sight in your rifle, you may want to avoid the 100 yard line this weekend. The work is going to continue next week and I'll post updates as I know them.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
as I understand it, the Pistol range will be open this weekend. The Rifle range is still sort of in flux at the moment and will only be partially open (limited shooting lanes, maybe 4-6). If you don't need to come out and sight in your rifle, you may want to avoid the 100 yard line this weekend. The work is going to continue next week and I'll post updates as I know them.
I hear there's a new rule coming that 9am-11am is for members only. Is that just the rifle range? And on weekends only? More info appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2017, 8:59 PM

Looks like everything's back to normal at rifle range. Thanks to the participating members who fixed the berm, new rules state we can stand, sit and prone shoot. Even all rifle calibers can shoot at 50 yards. Thanks so much!

Old 05-27-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthyogurt View Post
Looks like everything's back to normal at rifle range. Thanks to the participating members who fixed the berm, new rules state we can stand, sit and prone shoot. Even all rifle calibers can shoot at 50 yards. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the update 👏