Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbside16 View Post
Just did a ppt at sc guns (the old scgt). I was charged $25 for the dros + $10 fee for my rifle. I believe it is the same for pistols. Best deal I found. Great deal.
Two different types of transfers:

Maximum fee for Private Party Transfers are mandated by California. Also, the DOJ requires dealers to do PPTs. They are not supposed to refuse to do them or send you to another dealer.

Fees for transfers originating from another FFL are not mandated
Old 11-29-2016, 3:40 PM

The closest LGS near me just shut down not that long ago and I wanted to purchase a complete lower online. any suggestions on a reasonable FFL I could use for the transfer in San Francisco/Sausalito area? I found Collectible Coins & Jwlry in Mill Valley and gave them a ring to find out what they charge and they want $110+tax. I don't even know if the actual DROS fee is included in that as well.
Old 12-01-2016, 2:29 PM

Update* I double checked with Collectible Coins & Jwlry in Mill Valley and it's $110 total with dros+ CA sales tax and I guess that seems to be reasonable to me. LMK if anybody finds anything better in SF and north bay area.
Old 12-02-2016, 2:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBEE24 View Post
MPA is worth the drive IMO, not only because his prices are reasonable, but also due to the fact that he's been great to deal with.
I'll second Mount Pleasant Arms. Peter is really nice to deal with, and his rates were low compared to others (2013 was the last time I did a transfer). I've done all of my transfers through him since discovering him, even though he's about an hour drive for me. Unfortunately, he's not accepting any transfers for the rest of the year. I just went there a couple of days ago to inquire and saw the notice on his web site.

Just remember him in the future. This is a second job for him and he does it during the week 1900-2100, with the exception of Tuesday, and 0900-1200 on Saturdays.
Old 12-02-2016, 3:43 PM

Survival Instinct in Sacramento is $25 xfer + DROS & tax.
Old 12-09-2016, 8:17 PM

livermore has a city ordinance not accepting the safe exemption for locks. if you provide a lock with your ppt there is no issue. if you don't have it at time of tranfser you have to purchase one or provide an approved lock with a receipt dated within 30 days of the ppt as each firearm must have its own lock and the one that they sell for 8 bucks is the most common CA approved lock.
Old 12-09-2016, 8:27 PM

I've been using Fairfield Pawn. $45 for transfer and DROS. However, I think he's closing down shop by the end of the month.
Old 12-09-2016, 8:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus28 View Post
I've been using Fairfield Pawn. $45 for transfer and DROS. However, I think he's closing down shop by the end of the month.
And that seriously sucks as Matt is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:30 AM

Setterarms does PPT for $35. Standard transfers are $50.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:01 PM

+1 for Setter Arms in Walnut Creek, used to have a shop in Daly City but got caught in legal battle with the City, support small family business and stand up man.
Old 01-24-2017, 4:03 AM

Thought I'd share these with you guys for the updated FFL transfer fees

Diven @ Victory Firearms in Sunnyvale :
$40 FFL transfer fee + sales tax + DROS

Dave @ Farwest photography in Santa Clara:

South City Pawn AKA Cash loan Inc :
Quoted me Dec. 2016 $110 ( FFL transfer fee+DROS)+ sales tax
Old 08-15-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharemechicks View Post
Thought I'd share these with you guys for the updated FFL transfer fees

Diven @ Victory Firearms in Sunnyvale :

Dave @ Farwest photography in Santa Clara:
just a heads up, victory firearms is $70 now + sales tax + DROS, and diven refuses to perform PPTs or accept firearms from private parties, so he should get no business in my opinion.

farwest photography is now $50 + sales tax + DROS.
Old 10-09-2017, 4:09 PM

Hey all,

Setterarms has updated there hours again.

We are open
Wednesday 12-7
Thursday 12-7
Saturday 10-4

We take lunch in the middle.

We changed the hours because of the lack of customers coming on the other days that we use to be open on.

Also we are currently looking to permanently close on December 31m which means we will be be no longer accepting any sales or transfers after the first week of December. Summer was horrible for us and sales have not been there. Our location doesn't help either because our landlord won't let us put up any advertising on the street. So depending on sales we will possibly be closing. This saddens and angers me at the same time. If we do have enough business we are trying to move to a much bigger place so we can gunsmith again in Walnut Creek, unless we can find a location in Colma.

If you are having a hard time finding me we are on 2065 North Broadway. Across the street from the Post Office above Tulio's resturant on the second floor in suite 202. You can park in the back of the building for free.

Our Transfer fee is $80 (which includes DROS)
PPT $35

Hope to see you in the shop.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 PM

Does Rob Blank have a website? Or does anyone know his current transfer fee?
Old 12-08-2017, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowsza View Post
just a heads up, victory firearms is $70 now + sales tax + DROS, and diven refuses to perform PPTs or accept firearms from private parties, so he should get no business in my opinion.

farwest photography is now $50 + sales tax + DROS.
Agreed on Diven. But for different reasons. Had the worst experience with an FFL ever with him on an online transfer. Guy has a temper and gets mad if you don't write in a certain way. I literally was a bit scared because his "shop" is his living room table, in a house full of guns. He got mad because I wrote the date like 12/8/17 but he wanted 12/8/2017. He threw me attitude and I threw it back, then he threatened to refuse delivering the gun. Maybe he was having a bad day, because he also screwed up the paperwork. Never in my life have I experienced this lack of professionalism.
Old 12-08-2017, 8:18 PM

Farwest photography in Santa Clara. Ffl transfer is 50 ,state requires tax unless it's been paid at original purchase point in CA. Basic ppt fee. He is a decent guy!
Facebook page.

Last edited by denpython; 12-08-2017 at 8:24 PM..
Old 12-08-2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsette View Post
Hey all,

Setterarms has updated there hours again.

We are open
Wednesday 12-7
Thursday 12-7
Saturday 10-4

We take lunch in the middle.

We changed the hours because of the lack of customers coming on the other days that we use to be open on.

Also we are currently looking to permanently close on December 31m which means we will be be no longer accepting any sales or transfers after the first week of December. Summer was horrible for us and sales have not been there. Our location doesn't help either because our landlord won't let us put up any advertising on the street. So depending on sales we will possibly be closing. This saddens and angers me at the same time. If we do have enough business we are trying to move to a much bigger place so we can gunsmith again in Walnut Creek, unless we can find a location in Colma.

If you are having a hard time finding me we are on 2065 North Broadway. Across the street from the Post Office above Tulio's resturant on the second floor in suite 202. You can park in the back of the building for free.

PPT $35

Good luck to ya dude! Hope you find a good location!
Old 12-12-2017, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsette View Post
Hey all,

PPT $35

Sorry to hear you're closing down. I just heard about your shop today, and was happy to hear we had a gunsmith back in the East Bay and your FFL fees seem very reasonable... then I get to the end of the thread and see this.

Good luck with your new shop wherever you set up.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:30 PM

Hope you find a new location in Colma.
Old 12-20-2017, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy75 View Post
The gun range in Sacramento only charges $25, and you can shoot while its in jail. It's a little more than an hour, unless you drive like me lol.
Haven't bought or transferred anything there, but that place is excellent. Super clean, professional, friendly, no pointless "safety" rules that have little or nothing to do with safety.
Old 01-05-2018, 9:53 AM
Basically Clean
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky21 View Post
Two different types of transfers:

Maximum fee for Private Party Transfers are mandated by California. Also, the DOJ requires dealers to do PPTs. They are not supposed to refuse to do them or send you to another dealer.

Fees for transfers originating from another FFL are not mandated
How does that work for Dicks? I asked them about PPTs and they said while they are legally supposed to handle PPTs, they skirt around the law by having a store policy that the district manager is the only person who can actually conduct the PPT. Good luck finding the district manager in any Dick's stores.
Old 04-04-2018, 7:14 PM

Fairfield pawn is closed

Nearest cheapest alternative?
Old 04-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Primo Tactical in Walnut Creek will do it for $50 I believe