Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 09-11-2017, 8:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Are you boycotting camping world

Considering we NRA members and the National NRA institution has vigorously campaigned for and helped elect PROGUN President Donald Trump. Are any cal gunners who camp going to boycott Camping World over the comments by their CEO?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/20164/...cus-john-nolte

"Marcus Lemonis: There’s no doubt that there is [sic] probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple of days and if they are, quite frankly don’t shop at my business..."

Well done Mr Lemonis! I will NEVER shop at Camping World or the recently acquired Gander Mountain, per your request !

Last edited by ja308; 09-11-2017 at 8:53 AM..
Old 09-11-2017, 7:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I am not boycotting them, I just don't go there because they are too expensive, as well as not near men. Comes out to the same thing. If they lowered their prices and opened a location closer, then I might boycott them :-).

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-11-2017, 7:38 PM

Yes
Joshua 24:15.
Old 09-11-2017, 7:57 PM

I had bought from them in the past but will avoid now.
Old 09-11-2017, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

Yes.

Never been, or know where there is one
-bb

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759

Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for sale
Old 09-12-2017, 6:50 AM
Hooligan
CGN Contributor

Been to one, wasn't impressed. Went looking for camping supplies which is what I thought they sold, given their name. I quickly learned their name should be Overpriced RV Stuff With Rude Salespeople instead.

For the record, camping to me involves a tent and sleeping bag. RVs are cheating.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 09-12-2017, 6:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

pretty sure all of us arent going to be going to camping world or gander mountain (both own and run by lemonis). we had a thread on it awhile ago when those comments were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtx2001 View Post
Been to one, wasn't impressed. Went looking for camping supplies which is what I thought they sold, given their name. I quickly learned their name should be Overpriced RV Stuff With Rude Salespeople instead.

For the record, camping to me involves a tent and sleeping bag. RVs are cheating.
my ex's family thought "camping" was pulling their $2 million dollar bus into a spot and hitting the expansion button.

i will be honest though that i am a truck camper, i bring in a ton of stuff and sleep comfortably in a 6 person tent on an air mattress.
Old 09-12-2017, 7:00 AM

Yes.

I sent an email explaining why, and received a response attempting to explain the position away as taken out of context.

F 'em.
Just remember BAMN - there is no level too low for them to stoop!
COVID survivor - ain?t gonna get pricked!
Old 09-12-2017, 9:17 AM

I don't need this reason to boycott them. When I walked into the Suisun store about 20 years ago the crappy quality of their merchandise and the inflated prices put a boycott in place for me.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:43 AM

I hate camping world.Bought a new travel trailer from then a few years ago.The quality of the trailer was horrible from the start,which wasn't camping world fault.The icing on the cake was camping worlds service department,Service was horrible.My jayco had way to many major issues in the 2 years I owned it.It got to a point I was afraid to use it because I knew something else major would happen.Once warranty was up I cut my losses and traded it in at another dealer.My new unit has been great,a few minor issues but nothing major.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Are you kidding? I love Camping World.

This weekend we went there and man what a selection. We were putting everything you can imagine in our cart. Eventually our cart was so heavy it would hardly roll as we pushed it up to check out. Must have had about 3000 items in it.

Just as the Cashier asked me " Did you find everything OK"

I remembered "Oh wait, I voted for Trump, Guess I can't shop here, I'm sure you understand"

We laughed so hard my side still hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 09-12-2017, 11:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I have never shopped there. So yes I'm boycotting them.
Old 09-12-2017, 3:12 PM
Veteran Member

What's a Camping World?

Exactly.
Old 09-12-2017, 6:44 PM

So are you all boycotting the company because you agree with what Trump said about the Charlottesville incident or because the guy has simply said something negative about Trump?
Old 09-13-2017, 5:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefeezy View Post
So are you all boycotting the company because you agree with what Trump said about the Charlottesville incident or because the guy has simply said something negative about Trump?
Yes I agree with what I heard Trump say about Charlottesville as reported here.

"There was no way of making a correct statement that early,” the president said of his initial response to the attack, which many observers characterized as insufficient condemnation of white supremacy and extremism. “Unlike you and unlike the media, before I make a statement, I like to know the facts.”

The president also lashed out at the media for its “inaccurate” reporting surrounding the incident, and said that blame for the violence at the protest belonged to “both sides.”

I also will boycott them because he said negative things about President Trump and those who voted for him.
Another really strong reason for me to boycott them is that they no doubt support the democrat party and their gun grabbing agenda!
Old 09-14-2017, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Yes I agree with what I heard Trump say about Charlottesville as reported here.

"There was no way of making a correct statement that early,” the president said of his initial response to the attack, which many observers characterized as insufficient condemnation of white supremacy and extremism. “Unlike you and unlike the media, before I make a statement, I like to know the facts.”

The president also lashed out at the media for its “inaccurate” reporting surrounding the incident, and said that blame for the violence at the protest belonged to “both sides.”

I also will boycott them because he said negative things about President Trump and those who voted for him.
Another really strong reason for me to boycott them is that they no doubt support the democrat party and their gun grabbing agenda!
I'm sure that some forms of violence at the Charlottesville incident could be attributed to both sides. But Charlottesville made so much news because of one form of violence - murder. And that can be only attributed to one person who identified with only one side. And when you choose to ignore that, you are at the very least, being biased against one side.

So whether or not that CEO made a mistake in politicizing his business, I don't care. I have not been offended and I will not be boycotting.
Old 09-14-2017, 7:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I'm sure that some forms of violence at the Charlottesville incident could be attributed to both sides. But Charlottesville made so much news because of one form of violence - murder. And that can be only attributed to one person who identified with only one side. And when you choose to ignore that, you are at the very least, being biased against one side.
Really? It can only be one side?

So did you see the photo of a "peaceful" protester hitting the car with a club? This was before anything done by the driver.

Did you hear that other vehicles had been attacked?

Did you hear that the vehicle is not actually the one that ran over people? He hit another vehicle and pushed it, which is what hit people. That is not typical for those type of intentional acts as it is not as effective and most would not do it that way intentionally.

So no thought that the vehicle was attacked and the driver panicked? I don't know what happened, but the media silence is screaming that it is not what they want it to be, what they convinced you it was.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by kemasa; 09-14-2017 at 7:49 AM..
Old 09-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Banned

Location: Sage (eastern edge of Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County

Quote:
AntiFa & BLM = violent militant Marxists = good.
Trump = White = conservative Republican = Nazi = bad.
The Media said it, I believe it, and that settles it. Period. End of discussion.

So whether or not that CEO made a mistake in politicizing his business and telling you Bad White Conservative Republican Trump Nazis to go to hell, I don't care. I have not been offended and I will not be boycotting.
^^^ Translation into plain English (What he is really saying here).

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 09-19-2017 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-14-2017, 4:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Because the guy told me he doesn't want my business. He dismissed us as irrelevant, like so many have done before, so I'm more than willing to dismiss him and his company as well.

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 09-14-2017 at 4:29 AM..
Old 09-12-2017, 7:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Because the place sucks.

I am not a Trump fan, but he was right when he said there were problems on both sides, which is unacceptable to the liberals. When a CEO brings in politics, it shows exactly how stupid they are. The CEO of Starbucks got the boot, but they brought in another idiot.

Old 09-12-2017, 8:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes and all they own.
GS Inc = Good Sam which owns Good Sam Club, Good Sam Insurance, Camping World, Trailer Life and Motorhome magazine.
Old 09-13-2017, 7:18 AM
Extreme MAGA Republican
CGN Contributor

Yes, the CEO asked me to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterBoreGunner View Post
Kes is really just an errand boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...
Old 09-13-2017, 7:50 AM

Camping World is buying up a lot of mom and pop, local RV places, too. Not just big box retailers like Gander. A smaller, locally owned place just down the highway from me was recently bought out by CW. The old place did a crap-ton of RV rentals and sales, not sure how it'll fare now.

I won't go back.
Old 09-13-2017, 8:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yes

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 09-13-2017, 8:16 AM

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CWH/

Camping world hit a new 52 week high today. Wall Street loves him.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bool1tholz View Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CWH/

Camping world hit a new 52 week high today. Wall Street loves him.
Ive been watching it too!
My guess is that enough democrat money manager types are buying to prop up their pal!

Personally I wouldn't touch that stock would you ?
Old 09-13-2017, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Ive been watching it too!
My guess is that enough democrat money manager types are buying to prop up their pal!

Personally I wouldn't touch that stock would you ?
Short interest has increased since the lemonis anti Trump comments that accounts for some of the price increase but not all of it. Definitely I'm negative on cwh but not enough to short it myself.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

We used to love going there when we first got our RV. Then we found we could get everything we needed for cheaper elsewhere. Thus, been boycotting for years.
Old 09-13-2017, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

When we were younger we used too desert camp with 3 wheelers and a buggy,
never did any business with Camping World. Since we are older now and don't camp any longer, I guess I'll continue not to by from them. Have no need too!

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Old 09-13-2017, 5:22 PM
In Memoriam

Am I boycotting CW and its sister companies?

I would not call it a boycott. I just choose to shop for my RV and camping needs at other retailers. They are usually cheaper and have a wider selection.

Let's just say that since the CEO does not want my business. He won't be troubled with it or me.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Personally whenevever I hear of a business that supports that Democratic Party or bashes the the GOP I try to shop elsewhere !

My reason is the relentless never ending attack on gunowners and RKBA.
Fortunately this party of gun grabbing nut cases has lost lots of power in all but the dumbest states!

Camping World has identified itself as part of the Democratic Party. Just saying !

Last edited by ja308; 09-16-2017 at 10:31 PM..
Old 09-17-2017, 10:49 AM

Its not "1/2 his customers" its more like 110% of his customers are Trump supporters and opposed to AntiFa and BLM.

People that go Camping World style "camping" and RVing VS REI style camping are gonna be the same crowd that LIKES old statues.

First the Freedom Group ruins several major gun makers, now this.

Someone should start an online network/matrix list of non-Camping World outlets for same stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn9YdML8PPw
Old 09-17-2017, 10:52 AM
In Memoriam

I will honor the CEO's request.
-g
Old 09-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Considering we NRA members and the National NRA institution has vigorously campaigned for and helped elect PROGUN President Donald Trump. Are any cal gunners who camp going to boycott Camping World over the comments by their CEO?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/20164/...cus-john-nolte

"Marcus Lemonis: There’s no doubt that there is [sic] probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple of days and if they are, quite frankly don’t shop at my business..."

Well done Mr Lemonis! I will NEVER shop at Camping World or the recently acquired Gander Mountain, per your request !
It doesn't matter to many here what he said just look at all of posts with people still shopping at Dicks. it like the duck hunters supporting the "assault weapons ban"

Old 09-29-2017, 6:28 PM

You don't want me to shop there? Ok no problem
I'll take my business else where.
MAGA!
Old 09-30-2017, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

i have not been there ever since they teamed up with chase bank.

seeing as they are way too far from me,
prices are too high,
poor selection,
and mostly cheap comunist chinse made plastic crap.

i have not given them any of my money for decades.
i can buy or build better for less.

now the ceo wants to turn the company into a anti American polital statment. and states he does not want me shopping there. OK i will comply.

intersting, fill shopping cart to full weight. and say restock ���� what me ��

why do my icons of choice not show up??

Old 09-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Calguns Addict

I've never shopped there, so yes
Old 09-30-2017, 12:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Still not shopping or ever shopped there.