Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 01-06-2014, 8:50 PM

So I take the cheesy Bushnell scope off tonight and the allen bolts weren't tight, nor were they torqued with locktite. This might have an impact on the scope breaking!

I loosen the rings off of the base (which are picatany rails on top of the action) and those were somewhat tight. The base wasn't fully tight and the small allen screws also weren't torqued with locktite.

It appears they threw this thing together at the factory. Lesson learned to completely go over everything...

I took everything off and cleaned the action & barrel. I think I will be looking at a new base and rings along with the scope purchase.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-08-2014, 11:04 AM

For a new base, I'd recommend the EGW 0 or 20 MOA base (p/n: 41800 or 41802)
For a one-piece base/rings solution, take a look at the DNZ high or medium (p/n: 51200 or 52200)
Old 01-08-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ghtw1ng View Post
For a new base, I'd recommend the EGW 0 or 20 MOA base (p/n: 41800 or 41802)
For a one-piece base/rings solution, take a look at the DNZ high or medium (p/n: 51200 or 52200)
Thanks.

I ended up purchasing the following:
  • EGW 20 MOA base (p/n 41802)
  • Vortex PMR 30mm Medium Rings
  • Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Scope

Thank you everyone for your PM's and posts on this thread with the helpful information and advice.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -Albert Einstein