Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-23-2019, 7:15 PM

Anyone do training and qualifying at Riverside Indoor shooting range? If so what did you think about theyíre program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2019, 9:44 PM

Default qualification at Ben Clark

My class on February 16th went like this:
Arrive at ??? I forgot what time but I know it was early I think it was 8:45am or was it 7:45? dang getting old!!!
Remember to bring a check, no cash.
Talked about scenarios, watched some videos, talked about carry insurance. Nothing you probably don't already know.
Class until 12pm
Break for lunch
Arrive at range at 1pm
I parked right next to the handicap spot.
Have everything lined up in order or in your range bag
Guns you want to qualify with, ammo, and if you have three mags for each gun, and your holsters if you have them-you're not taking everything inside yet. But have everything ready so when instructed to get your guns you can just grab them and go back in.
at 1pm
Get in line to go in-bring one gun-no mag-holster okay
Everyone was let in as they eye checked to make sure you didn't have a mag inserted into your gun
You are given a paper with your roster of guns that you are going to qualify with
Everyone lined up five feet from the wall dry firing and practicing aiming, how to grip etc
Deputies walk around giving some pointers.
If you don't go all the way down range and are closer to the exit the better.
As soon as that is done, they tell you to go get your guns out of your car to qualify. Everyone makes a mad dash to get their guns.
Because I parked close I was able to grab the rest of my mags and my guns that I had already neatly packed and was back at the entrance where they checked your weapons using the paper that had the list of guns you were going to use. I was the first group to shoot. They had vests there for you to use, I put one on but then after the first group shot they told us not to put the vests on.
I was able to qualify with my first gun before they were even done checking everyone at the door.
I had two guns to qualify with, shot, waited for one group to go and shot again with my second gun in the third group. It was quick and I was out of there at around 2:30ish
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=psm9398;23133730]Does anyone know the schedule for the training at Ben Clark, And is qualifying on the same schedule?

Thank you

Last edited by raidersofthenight; 06-23-2019 at 9:54 PM..
Old 06-23-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochoo View Post
What was the online process you used to add a gun?
Thanks

yes.. all online..
Old 06-24-2019, 5:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersofthenight View Post
My class on February 16th went like this:
Arrive at ??? I forgot what time but I know it was early I think it was 8:45am or was it 7:45? dang getting old!!!
Remember to bring a check, no cash.
Talked about scenarios, watched some videos, talked about carry insurance. Nothing you probably don't already know.
Class until 12pm
Break for lunch
Arrive at range at 1pm
I parked right next to the handicap spot.
Have everything lined up in order or in your range bag
Guns you want to qualify with, ammo, and if you have three mags for each gun, and your holsters if you have them-you're not taking everything inside yet. But have everything ready so when instructed to get your guns you can just grab them and go back in.
at 1pm
Get in line to go in-bring one gun-no mag-holster okay
Everyone was let in as they eye checked to make sure you didn't have a mag inserted into your gun
You are given a paper with your roster of guns that you are going to qualify with
Everyone lined up five feet from the wall dry firing and practicing aiming, how to grip etc
Deputies walk around giving some pointers.
If you don't go all the way down range and are closer to the exit the better.
As soon as that is done, they tell you to go get your guns out of your car to qualify. Everyone makes a mad dash to get their guns.
Because I parked close I was able to grab the rest of my mags and my guns that I had already neatly packed and was back at the entrance where they checked your weapons using the paper that had the list of guns you were going to use. I was the first group to shoot. They had vests there for you to use, I put one on but then after the first group shot they told us not to put the vests on.
I was able to qualify with my first gun before they were even done checking everyone at the door.
I had two guns to qualify with, shot, waited for one group to go and shot again with my second gun in the third group. It was quick and I was out of there at around 2:30ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm9398 View Post
Does anyone know the schedule for the training at Ben Clark, And is qualifying on the same schedule?

Thank you

Thank you for the response, do you know if itís set days , every third Saturday each month or every other Saturday they do this ?

Old 06-24-2019, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Anyone do training and qualifying at Riverside Indoor shooting range? If so what did you think about theyíre program?

I did my training there. They are absolutely awesome and professional. Robert Sandoval has a lot of knowledge...you won't be sorry. Tell them I sent you Michael Choo.

Good luck!
Old 06-24-2019, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Anyone do training and qualifying at Riverside Indoor shooting range? If so what did you think about they’re program?

Also an approved Range for Riverside CCW. After my class at Riverside Indoor Shooting Range, I uploaded the info with the app. I received my permit no problem.

Last edited by mochoo; 06-24-2019 at 9:36 AM..
Old 06-24-2019, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa p View Post
Just curious but has anyone been approved for a firearm with a RMR? I have a couple of glocks with them and was just curious if these could be identified on the application or not?

Also, just starting the online process. If you don't have bills in your name (due to them being in the wife's name) can you use car bills to demonstrate residency?
you can use vehicle reg.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:48 PM

Have few questions

Good holster for qual?

What is the live scan ?

What is the price for online new applications?

Good cause question? The more I think about this the more I think it’s sorta tough that if I just say well I want to protect myself and my family. That isn’t good enough and I’d be denied for some reason.

What do the 3 letters of recommendations need to say from person ?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:03 PM

Default Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by soakedntorment View Post
Have few questions

Good holster for qual?

What is the live scan ?

Good cause question? The more I think about this the more I think itís sorta tough that if I just say well I want to protect myself and my family. That isnít good enough and Iíd be denied for some reason.

Live scan is a finger printing process that runs your prints with the DOJ , FBI and I believe the ATF . It also inputs your prints permanently into the ď system ď.

Price for initial app is about 120 then another 80 or so due at permit approval/ pickup ( this does not include your training/ qualifications fee which depends on where you go do it )

You need to elaborate your good cause , think of things / activities that might put you at risk etc ( hiking in remote areas / camping ) . Certain laws / measures that have been passed in the past years , crime reports . Etc .research online and this forum . Thereís plenty of useful info . The investigators will also help , they almost want to approve you . They will tell you if needs work or not . They are very helpful.

I believe they did away w the 3 letter requirement but Iím not 100 percent sure .

As far as holsters go I used what i planned to carry . But some were using basic holsters , even saw some universal types for the people qualifying w multiple pistols . As long as there is trigger protection and retention I think you will be fine . ( at least at Ben Clark I think you will be )

Others here Iím sure will chime in here in a bit w more info.

Good luck

Old 06-24-2019, 11:59 PM

OWB holster-doesnít have to be specific to your gun but get one that allows you to be able to reholster.

Live scan runs your prints with the FBI

Good cause. If you sit and think about all the bad crap that happens on this planet you will come up with a great good cause. Just watch the first five minutes of the evening news and youíll have good ideas. If you have kids use them. Think outside the box. We can all carry. But why? And remember what you wrote so you can discuss it during your interview.

Letters
Yourpeople who write your letters must acknowledge in the letter they know youíre applying for a PERMIT with the RIverside sheriff Dept. Have them mention your character. How long youíve known each other and why you should be allowed to carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soakedntorment View Post
Have few questions

Good holster for qual?

What is the live scan ?

Good cause question? The more I think about this the more I think itís sorta tough that if I just say well I want to protect myself and my family. That isnít good enough and Iíd be denied for some reason.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:35 AM

Okay got the live scan Iíve done one in the past before just wanted to know exactly thanks.

Thatís good to hear there willing to help with the good cause I thought maybe they sorta hammer down on that question and denied on the spot.

Read briefly on the website saying 3 letters still these have to be non relatives as it says.

The holster has to have thumb snap?? Iíve found some holsters but no thumb snap other then the hogue duty but I plan on IWB thatís an OWB holster.

Another Q my glock I plan on using to qual has a gold take down lever and slide release is that something that wonít pass? Pistol came like that from the ppt other then that itís stock.

Thanks for the responses lads