Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 04-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Default Rebuilding an HW55 Air Rifle

I had previously rebuilt this rifle installing a new plastic seal, made an seal adapter, lightened piston, honed cylinder, but reused old spring, cleanup of dirty trigger, and general cleanup,
deburr/polish.

I had bought all parts from Maccari (including new spring, moly, light tar, seal) but did not attempt fitting new spring.

Today I decided to do it right, scagged (set/stress)the new spring overnight, reground the spring ends square.

I then decided to make delrin spring guides and spring rotation washer replacing undersized steel spring guide.

Polished piston, straightedged piston rod to inside diameter and repolished piston rod sear surface as it was rough with machining marks.

One thing I noticed was record trigger sear and drop lever surfaces were not square and perpendicular to related surface (hardened cast part orig. hand ground) so put it on the mill and squared up all surfaces with carbide end mill.

Lubed with moly and assembled.

Much smoother rifle, no twang, scratchy Ratchet operation, or creepy trigger.

Though spring was 3/8" shorter it appear heavier cocking.

Will have to take out and see how it does.

Last edited by 6mmintl; 04-27-2017 at 12:58 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 6:40 PM

some chrony numbers woould be cool to see. These rifles generally would shoot in the mid five hundreds with 7-8 gr match pellets. Im thinking you might get low to mid 6's with the polish and lube tune. The build quality on the old HW's is hard to beat nowdays.

"Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers