Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 08-28-2019, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Someones retarded, and it isnt him....

In someones face, and talking, is not a green light to put your hands on someone. Unless you are receiving credible threats, you dont get to attack someone.

Starting a fight isn't a thing.
That's the think he was not talking he was yelling. He was in the right to push the other guy self defense just does not apply to one's self you can come to the defense of others in need an since this was a man yelling at a women violently. The guy use the correct amount of force, remember this was not a punch it was not a kick it was a shove.
Old 08-28-2019, 9:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rights View Post
That's the think he was not talking he was yelling. He was in the right to push the other guy self defense just does not apply to one's self you can come to the defense of others in need an since this was a man yelling at a women violently. The guy use the correct amount of force, remember this was not a punch it was not a kick it was a shove.
That IS the thing, yelling is still just talking.

He was NOT morally or legally “in the right”. It wasnt “self defense”, because he left the store and attacked when he wasn't in any danger. Neither was his woman.

You need to learn the law. You dont get to meet words with violence. The first to go to physical force started it.

Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-28-2019, 9:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Following are some of the arrests for Markeis McGlockton:
6/25/2008 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC, 784.045(1)(B)/F
6/25/2008 RESISTING ARREST WITH VIOLENCE, 843.01/F
6/25/2008 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, 877.03/M
5/05/2009 SALE OF COUNTERFEIT DRUGS, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/10/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBS COCAINE, 893.13(6)
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 SALE OR DELIVERY OF COCAINE, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, 893.13(6)(B)/M
9/21/2011 PETIT THEFT, 812.014(3)(A)/M
9/21/2011 DRIVING UNREGISTER VEHICLE *NCTC, 320.02(1)/M
9/21/2011 DWLSR *NCTC 1, 322.34(2)(A)/M
Calgunners take note Maurice McGlocton has been clean/sober and arrest free since August 13 2018 !

Last edited by ja308; 08-28-2019 at 9:54 PM..
Old 08-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You must be retarded the guy was in the face of the guys girl yelling irately he took the correct action bye pushing the guy away to create a safe space for his girl.
His girls wasn't in danger. There was no sign of an attempt of a physical attack from Drejka. There was no threat for her. Moreover, she aggressively refused to park her car in a normal spot.

Quote:
The coward on the ground pull a gun a shot a person who was not a threat after he started a fight with a woman.
Drejka didn't start a fight with the woman. McGlockton was the guy who went physical over verbal.
Quote:
No wonder why they are trying to take our guns look at the way yall are thinking saying it was self defense.
No wonder the thug is dead. This world became a better place to live at.

Quote:
Once again, you can invoke self-defense when your life or health is in danger. She wasn't in danger. McGlockton actions were not defensive. It was a clear assault. Drejka was defending himself.

Speaking of retarted...

Last edited by riderr; 08-28-2019 at 11:00 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
And that's what I was concerned about, too, during the initial conversation about the case - is it considered a one fluid incident, or is it two separate incidents with enough time to change the decision in between. The determination must be from the perspective of the participants, not the peanut gallery.

It reminds me of someone ducking at the last moment and getting shot in the side or the back. The fact that the round is in the back doesn't automatically mean it was a bad shot. It's the totality of the situation that matters.

In this case, there is indeed quite a bit of time, but there is also quite a bit of adrenaline and the inability to tell whether the person is retreating or not. I believe the attacker moved forward when the guy was on the ground, so he was continuing the attack until the moment he realized a gun was involved.
this may sound incredulous but i would've much rather seen Drejka hit the ground, pull his firearm and IMMEDIATELY fire - it definitely would've given me LESS to consider overall and i'd probably side 100% with his actions

it's the events that transpired between the time he pulled the firearm and actually pulled the trigger that most of us differ about

we get to watch a video, Drejka was ACTUALLY in a threatening situation and we don't get the opportunity to feel what he felt at that moment or comprehend what was going through his mind, at that moment

i see a problem in the video for Drejka but then again, im not the one who was shoved on his a** unexpectedly while having to worry about what was going to happen next
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerDog View Post
I hate you FalconLair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS
I hate you FalconLair! I double hate you if you get it before Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
They hate you FalconLair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greta
HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair

Last edited by FalconLair; 08-29-2019 at 10:06 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 6:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thing is a push like that could very well end someones life by hitting your head on the pavement.

I believe Mike was very lucky to have survived that attack and very lucky he was armed to stop the attack. This McGloctin character was a violent, angry, individual who's life became better when he had the opportunity to brutalize someone.

Many people in Florida are glad he'e dead and society is better off w/o this type in circulation.

I call it self defense. as an aside the youtube view most recently shown of the attack was probably showed down just enough to change the time frame.

Last edited by ja308; 08-29-2019 at 7:27 AM..
Old 08-29-2019, 8:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconLair View Post

we get to watch a video, Drejka was ACTUALLY in a threatening situation
Not true, as there was actually no further attack. That is not an element of the law at issue, but it is true.
Old 08-29-2019, 9:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless America View Post
Not true, as there was actually no further attack. That is not an element of the law at issue, but it is true.
read everything i posted not just one line and YES, the moment he was pushed an attack and threat did exist, even if only for a moment - the fact that there was no further attack doesn't erase what did happen

if i walk up to a LEO and push him then put my hands up how much do you want to bet i'll still be arrested for assault even though i do nothing else
Quote:
I hate you FalconLair!
Quote:
Quote:
They hate you FalconLair
Quote:

Last edited by FalconLair; 08-29-2019 at 9:15 AM..
Old 08-29-2019, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
read everything i posted not just one line and YES, the moment he was pushed an attack and threat did exist, even if only for a moment - the fact that there was no further attack doesn't erase what did happen

if i walk up to a LEO and push him then put my hands up how much do you want to bet i'll still be arrested for assault even though i do nothing else
Just so. You want to physically attack someone, you dont get to call “safe” and stop before they defend themselves. Thats not how it works. I dont need to be a mind reader, neither did this guy.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-29-2019, 9:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Right - you would be arrested for assault not shot to death (probably...).
For you to believe globalization can continue, you have to believe it doesn't require increased consumption and that the Americans will continue to bleed and die so that the Chinese can access energy. - Peter Zeihan
Old 08-29-2019, 9:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
Change it to push the leo to the ground, and do not stop attacking/do not disengage until you see the gun.

Still like your odds?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-29-2019, 1:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Don't try it in real life. I bet it will be your last moment alive
Old 08-29-2019, 1:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
From the video of the incident, the attack didn't stop.

Last edited by riderr; 08-29-2019 at 1:21 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 1:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Change it to push the leo to the ground, and do not stop attacking/do not disengage until you see the gun.

Still like your odds?
You know I thought about your post and then Ferguson popped into my head. Here was a police officer who ended up losing his job over a notorious shooting, yet when you corroborate all of the credible witnesses you realize he showed quite a bit of restraint.

So if it was that officer - Darren Wilson, I'd say yes I'd probably live to be arrested if I did what McGlockton had done.

Mohamed Noor (Minneapolis killer)...I'd be dead.
For you to believe globalization can continue, you have to believe it doesn't require increased consumption and that the Americans will continue to bleed and die so that the Chinese can access energy. - Peter Zeihan

Last edited by Sousuke; 08-29-2019 at 1:26 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 1:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You know I thought about your post and then Ferguson popped into my head. Here was a police officer who ended up losing his job over a notorious shooting, yet when you corroborate all of the credible witnesses you realize he showed quite a bit of restraint.

So if it was that officer - Darren Wilson, I'd say yes I'd probably live to be arrested if I did what McGlockton had done.

Mohamed Noor (Minneapolis killer)...I'd be dead.

Bu bu bu but Mike Brown was just walking down the street and put his hands up. Isn't that what the media reported and these 2 pyscho senators Harris and The fake Indian Elizabeth warren just recently called browns killing a murder!
https://www.westernjournal.com/left-...eath-ferguson/
“5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri,” Sen. Warren tweeted.

"Except that he wasn’t.

I guess getting paid over $400,000 to teach law at Harvard doesn’t mean Warren can be expected to tell the truth about law and justice.

Maybe the brilliant legal mind of former prosecutor Kamala Harris could get it right.

“Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America,” Sen. Harris tweeted.

Zero for 2..."

Thats Mohamed( Crack Shot ) Noor who showed lots of training, firing from the passenger side of his patrol car, missing his partner behind the wheel and nailing a 30 something blond woman who had reported a crime. Nice shot officer!
As an aside cops pretty much closed ranks on this amazing shot by Noor.

Last edited by ja308; 08-29-2019 at 1:39 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
When you watch it closely, several times, in slow motion, you may notice the retreat. However, in the heat of the situation, being assaulted, fearing for your life, I believe a reasonable person's conclusion and reaction most likely will be different. Unless I see a real retreat, probably I make the same decision as Drejka. Then again, it's just a theoretical observation.
This is why I said it's in the gray area. It would be clear to everyone as to what the verdict should be if one of the two following scenarios played out instead:

1) Drejka has a very slow and fumbling draw, McGlockton doesn't see the gun, kicks Drejka on the ground, straddles him and is about to commence a pounding when Drejka eventually presents the gun and shoots McGlockton.

2) Drejka has a very slow and fumbling draw, which McGlockton sees the gun and starts running away screaming "help me". 10 seconds and 50 yards later McGlockton is shot in the back.

The reality is in-between those scenarios and hard to make a solid argument either way. Personal experience and perspective will dominate an opinion on what was an appropriate response.
Old 08-29-2019, 6:46 PM
Veteran Member

What do you guys think....

Isn't this situation somewhat similar to the Costco shooting in SoCal recently?

Off duty cop get knocked down by unarmed man in Costco. Off duty cop shoots and kills assailant, including shooting and gravely injuring both parents whom where trying to protect him.

I wonder how that will play out in the legal system here.
Old 08-29-2019, 7:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliberetta View Post
What do you guys think....

Isn't this situation somewhat similar to the Costco shooting in SoCal recently?

Off duty cop get knocked down by unarmed man in Costco. Off duty cop shoots and kills assailant, including shooting and gravely injuring both parents whom where trying to protect him.

I wonder how that will play out in the legal system here.
I'm speculating that if we ever get to see the Costco video it will make this look like legitimate self defense in comparison. Regardless he will never be charged.
Old 08-29-2019, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Yelling is not violence. Yelling = violence is BS that the snowflake generation has come up with.

"News stories and the truth are a bit like fraternal twins. They are related but only vaguely resemble each other."

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 08-29-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Thing is a push like that could very well end someones life by hitting your head on the pavement.

I believe Mike was very lucky to have survived that attack and very lucky he was armed to stop the attack. This McGloctin character was a violent, angry, individual who's life became better when he had the opportunity to brutalize someone.

Many people in Florida are glad he'e dead and society is better off w/o this type in circulation.

I call it self defense. as an aside the youtube view most recently shown of the attack was probably showed down just enough to change the time frame.
Not only is society better off without McGlockton, his son is also better off not being raised by him. After seeing what happened, when he gets older, he may re-think being a thug.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
that's something im not willing to test in order to get a conclusion
Quote:
I hate you FalconLair!
Quote:
Quote:
They hate you FalconLair
Quote:
Old 08-29-2019, 10:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca View Post
I'm speculating that if we ever get to see the Costco video it will make this look like legitimate self defense in comparison. Regardless he will never be charged.
Costco is notorious for either, not taping, faulty cameras, or not releasing video when ever a cops shooting is questionable. Or wrong in the case of West Point grad, former army officer Eric Scott, shot to death after a costco employee called 911-- Oh the 911 tape was not released either.

Not surprising Costco donates exclusively to gun grabbing democrats !