Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 9:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
Huh? Jealous much? What happened to the "everyone should get a CCW"? So, an HVAC worker who enters into a strangers home, with no hope of police support if something happened, shouldn't get a CCW because *YOU* can't get a CCW? Did I miss something?

Seriously, I hope I missed something...

Besides, since you're saying that you can't get a CCW.. Have you even TRIED to apply?
Seriously. Are you trying to make enemies on this board??
Old 05-06-2012, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

I was disappointed that I did not see the following approved GC statements, I bang high-profile chicks and all the guys on Cal-guns are jealousy of me and was stupid enough to post a video of myself on you tube talking smack to Cal-guns or I am part of a 3 man tactical security unit at South Coast Plaza and I need to carry a fully automatic assault rifle with grenade launcher and of course a Deagle (.50 cal of course).
Old 05-06-2012, 9:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Can we merge this thread with this thread, and this thread? It's getting confusing bouncing back and forth; having one place re: Orange County would be easier.

Last edited by Doheny; 05-06-2012 at 9:52 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 9:51 PM

First few denials seem to be cop-wannabe's.. "I need to defend myself and my clients". Or, the very first one admits to carrying even without a CCW.

Others are harder to understand.. The ophthalmologist probably should have been granted IMHO; I suspect it was the sentence at the end that said, "personal protection and protect my family". What he SHOULD HAVE said was to protect the business property and drugs that are stored on premises and transported between the home and business.

But, for a lot of them the reason for the denial makes no sense... A mortgage broker who visits clients homes? That to me is perfectly good cause.

So, I guess, yeah.. Seems a bit capricious why some get and some don't... Wonder if there were other factors at play?
Old 05-06-2012, 9:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

/\ Wanting to defend one's self if a perfectly good GC.
Old 05-06-2012, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
/\ Wanting to defend one's self if a perfectly good GC.
Agreed. But, currently in OC that's not going to get a permit. In the meantime, your GC should probably not say that. That's all I was saying.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Carson View Post
Seriously. Are you trying to make enemies on this board??
No, actually.. I'm not. I sincerely hope I'm not actually pissing people off, as opposed to just having a lively discussion/debate
Old 05-06-2012, 10:22 PM

pg 56 is interesting... someone at Saddleback is carrying now.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

/\ There were a couple of those. RW is well connected, I am sure that helped. However, someone on the security team at a smaller church in Fullerton got denied.
Old 05-07-2012, 5:38 AM

Quote:
. I sincerely hope I'm not actually pissing people off, as opposed to just having a lively discussion/debate
May I suggest a new tact? You've made some inflammatory statements that imply a failure of rudimentary comprehension by potential applicants.

Again, it went well for you and I'm happy for you - enjoy.

An aside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsY76EWmbWg

NO ISSUE / MAY ISSUE / SHALL ISSUE - LTC progress over time since 1986

Last edited by NoJoke; 05-07-2012 at 9:32 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
The denied good cause statements are available here
I'm willing to speculate that you could lay out a pile of "approved" applications and a pile of "denied" applications and nobody at all could distinguish the two piles. You would need to remove the obvious "retired LEO/judge" - I'm talking private citizen applications.

Why is one real estate agent approve and another denied?
Why is one guy fearing work in bad neighborhoods approve and another denied?

It's ridiculous.

Of course there's moral character - which, I hope in our new LTC world will simply be a non-prohibited class individual.

Old 05-07-2012, 7:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
I just want to be very clear here: HowardW56, Connor P Price, dantodd, obeygiant, and other have invested countless hours as volunteers in facilitating our Sunshine Initiative because they care enough to do what few like to do - work hard for your rights. No one involved wants anything other than - at minimum - a shall-issue system.

-Brandon

^^^ This!

We all should be extremely grateful that there are those who are smart enough and have the audacity to push back gun control laws. My hats off to all of them!

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-07-2012, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

As far as the HVAC contractor, being a contractor myself, I have been in some pretty shady neighborhoods with tools, equipment and material worth $10,000+ (500 lbs of copper is an easy target, $300 tool is worth $20 of crack). You travel every where and not to places you are familiar. Been in downtown LA to come out to the truck to find every latch pried out, been stared down by vatos who took exception to my presence in thier "hood", and was suppose to be in south central the night of the riots (only being aware of the verdict and common sense saved me from being there). You don't f... with a mans tools and livelihood! My GC statement would follow along those lines.

I would look for similar statements and time frames where 1 applicant was approved and the other denied. Goes to equal protection vs favoritism.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
As far as the HVAC contractor, being a contractor myself, I have been in some pretty shady neighborhoods with tools, equipment and material worth $10,000+ (500 lbs of copper is an easy target, $300 tool is worth $20 of crack). You travel every where and not to places you are familiar. Been in downtown LA to come out to the truck to find every latch pried out, been stared down by vatos who took exception to my presence in thier "hood", and was suppose to be in south central the night of the riots (only being aware of the verdict and common sense saved me from being there). You don't f... with a mans tools and livelihood! My GC statement would follow along those lines.

I would look for similar statements and time frames where 1 applicant was approved and the other denied. Goes to equal protection vs favoritism.
You might want to look through the Riverside LTC forum. Sounds like you might have a pretty good GC. Probably wouldn't include the part about f'ing with a man and his tools, though.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
You might want to look through the Riverside LTC forum. Sounds like you might have a pretty good GC. Probably wouldn't include the part about f'ing with a man and his tools, though.
+1. I'd say in Riverside, that a GC with those facts would get you an approval (assuming there's nothing that would disqualify, etc..).

It's not as hard to get a CCW as some would have you believe.

But, yeah, keep the GC statement free of profanity though.. LOL
Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermcoupe View Post
What’s a “Professional Services Responder? or ‘PSR’”?
OC Sheriff's dept name for someone who is a Sheriff's volunteer, but not a cadet nor a sworn reserve officer, who has some special skill, training, education that aids the departments with the special need.

For instance, geologist (degree'd) might be used in Search and Rescue due to his expertise in soils, which could help identify the age of tracks and clues for a missing person, etc. Or a Mechnical Engineer to help design a new Mobile Tac truck.

In the past many of these people were confused with and lumped in with the alleged "Carona" reseves, the ones that had badges and were lambasted in the press.

The PSR's help departments get things done and for free, the benefit to the person who is the PSR is some training about the Sheriff dept, gives back to the community and in some cases may result in helping those professions that have continuing education requirements.
"Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Would you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in Sac
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-07-2012, 2:52 PM

Quote:
+1. I wonder how many people who applied with even remotely reasonable GC's (i.e. you didn't write something crazy on the app) got denied? Are GC's in OC just an exercise to show you took the time to read up on what OC considers to be a reasonable GC?
My friend got his renewal denied. He has a check cashing place in a seedy part of town. He's been stuck up. The lea said "use a amour car service"

"personal security, personal liberty, and private property"--could not be maintained solely by law, for "in vain would these rights be declared, ascertained, and protected by the dead letter of the laws, if the constitution had provided no other method to secure their actual enjoyment." -
William Blackstone
Old 05-07-2012, 2:54 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTDIRT4U View Post
OC Sheriff's dept name for someone who is a Sheriff's volunteer, but not a cadet nor a sworn reserve officer, who has some special skill, training, education that aids the departments with the special need.

For instance, geologist (degree'd) might be used in Search and Rescue due to his expertise in soils, which could help identify the age of tracks and clues for a missing person, etc. Or a Mechnical Engineer to help design a new Mobile Tac truck.

In the past many of these people were confused with and lumped in with the alleged "Carona" reseves, the ones that had badges and were lambasted in the press.

The PSR's help departments get things done and for free, the benefit to the person who is the PSR is some training about the Sheriff dept, gives back to the community and in some cases may result in helping those professions that have continuing education requirements.

IGD,

Cool, Thanks for the detailed response.

-------
Old 05-07-2012, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreiter View Post
My friend got his renewal denied. He has a check cashing place in a seedy part of town. He's been stuck up. The lea said "use a amour car service"
Oceanside Police Chief second in command (forgot his name) told me, "...you can open carry" a few months back.

...maybe not.

Old 05-07-2012, 6:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Think I gave the wrong impression, I was going more along the lines of what could be the reasons the contractor got approved. You can't always choose where your customers are located. But my GC would be close to or similar, without the F... part of course.

What time period are the approval and denials in? Reading through them there doesn't seem to be that many. Is OC's reputation such that no one applies? Maybe they have been culled? Any idea about when the other batches will be released? Most have to do with LE, firearms, and jewelers it seems. Some of the denials are very similar to ones that were approved.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Old 05-07-2012, 9:13 PM

Quote:
So, I guess, yeah.. Seems a bit capricious why some get and some don't... Wonder if there were other factors at play?
*ding* *ding* *ding!*

No sh*t Sherlock, did you come to that conclusion all by yourself?

Quote:
No, actually.. I'm not. I sincerely hope I'm not actually pissing people off, as opposed to just having a lively discussion/debate
You're doing a fair job of it here. Your "analysis" of other peoples' situations are usually weak and shallow; sometimes baseless. You very much have the attitude of "I've got mine, don't care about you." tainting your posts regarding LTCs, especially, when you're trying to be "helpful" or persuade others to apply. Please sit back, and keep your thoughts to yourself for a little while, it would be appreciated.

Now, onto the important matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
I just want to be very clear here: HowardW56, Connor P Price, dantodd, obeygiant, and other have invested countless hours as volunteers in facilitating our Sunshine Initiative because they care enough to do what few like to do - work hard for your rights. No one involved wants anything other than - at minimum - a shall-issue system.

-Brandon
I want to reiterate Brandon's post, and thank each and every one of the volunteers at the CGF! Your hard work is appreciated; I know you all are working hard to lubricate the wheels of change (they've been stationary far too long). It's going to be great watching this state's laws being fixed one-by-one, and I patiently look forward to the day we are shall-issue. Thank you again!
Old 05-07-2012, 9:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJoke View Post
I'm willing to speculate that you could lay out a pile of "approved" applications and a pile of "denied" applications and nobody at all could distinguish the two piles. You would need to remove the obvious "retired LEO/judge" - I'm talking private citizen applications.

Why is one real estate agent approve and another denied?
Why is one guy fearing work in bad neighborhoods approve and another denied?

It's ridiculous.

Of course there's moral character - which, I hope in our new LTC world will simply be a non-prohibited class individual.
This is also what upsets me. The subjective and arbitrary decision process by one person.
Old 03-27-2015, 3:44 PM

Since Orange County looks like it's going back to requiring something more than self defense "good cause," I thought I'd bump this thread (and get it moved to the CCW subforum). The original link to the denied and approved good cause statements on the CGF website is now broken, so if anyone still has those PDFs, I think it would be great to be able to read them.

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 03-30-2015, 3:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
The first batch is here
batch not found.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 04-01-2015, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
batch not found.
I wonder if there's a reason for this. Between ~2012 when all of these good cause statements were posted and now, something must have happened for CGF to remove access to it. I understand that NBC v. Block allows some level of public access to CCW applications so I don't think what they did back then was illegal, but maybe it was a privacy matter?

The volunteers (HowardW56 in particular) did a good job redacting out a lot of the more specific information before publication.

Maybe the information is not as relevant anymore because it's a different Sheriff's discretion that the latest good cause statements must address, and nobody is really sure what qualifies and what doesn't. Nevertheless, some guidance from the past would be helpful.

ETA: Turns out it's just outdated information. Paladin provides an explanation here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post15436351

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.

Last edited by SamsDX; 04-01-2015 at 8:24 AM..
Closed Thread