Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-24-2018, 2:31 PM
Veteran Member

Default Advice needed!

I own a pickup in my driveway that I let the tags lapse on 5 months. The truck was not driven during this time. I own 3 other vehicles.

I didn't plan it that way. I was suppose to be out of the state (AZ.) then had some medical issues that hampered my plan.

Now that I'm stable, I need the pickup to make some dump runs before I move.

I sent in the funds along with penalties etc. to the DMV 2 weeks ago and have been patiently waiting to head to the dump.

My checking account shows the DMV cashed my check today.

Can I legally drive the truck now while my tags are in transit without fear of impound or should I wait. I have copies of the check and the account showing the monies have been received if I get stopped.

Also the vehicle is properly insured and I am licensed.

Will the officer have a way of checking that all is good with his computer or should I wait.

Thanks!

Jack
Old 08-24-2018, 3:18 PM

Quote:
(a) Except as provided by subdivisions (b) and (c), a tab shall indicate the year of expiration and a tab shall indicate the month of expiration. Current month and year tabs shall be attached to the rear license plate assigned to the vehicle for the last preceding registration year in which license plates were issued, and, when so attached, the license plate with the tabs shall, for the purposes of this code, be deemed to be the license plate, except that truck tractors, and commercial motor vehicles having a declared gross vehicle weight of 10,001 pounds or more, shall display the current month and year tabs upon the front license plate assigned to the truck tractor or commercial motor vehicle. Vehicles that fail to display current month and year tabs or display expired tabs are in violation of this section.

And

(c) Subdivision (a) does not apply when proper application for registration has been made pursuant to Section 4602 and the new indicia of current registration have not been received from the department.
Here you go.
Old 08-24-2018, 3:45 PM
Veteran Member

You're probably fine, however as mentioned 5204 would apply, but it's a fix it ticket. Registration will probably show as current in the system.
Old 08-24-2018, 3:52 PM

Buy them both.....oh. That's a different question
Old 08-24-2018, 5:24 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you all!

Woody ???
Old 08-24-2018, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodythedog View Post
Buy them both.....oh. That's a different question

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk