Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-03-2015, 5:06 PM

UPS on their list day after interview
Old 04-04-2015, 12:02 PM

California Sheriffs' Association Sponsors Anti-CCW Bill AB 1134
Yesterday, sources confirmed that California's elected sheriffs, through their California State Sheriffs' Association, are the sponsors behind the anti-CCW Assembly Bill 1134 (Asm. Stone - D, Santa Cruz).

AB 1134 is an outright attack on the carry license ("CCW") application process, a new burden on applicants, and a blatant attempt to overturn the Los Angeles Superior Court's decision in Lu v. Baca (currently on appeal) and the longstanding precedent of Salute v. Pitchess.

AB 1134 would legislatively remove the duty of sheriffs to accept and process applications.

Under AB 1134, any sheriff could -- by nothing more than a wink-nod agreement with a police chief of a city in their county -- institute a system by which all carry license applicants would have to apply with that police chief -- and that police chief only.

AB 1134 is a direct assault on California's carry license system....and it's scheduled to be heard on April 7!

Sent from my SM-G386T1
Old 04-04-2015, 1:57 PM

No bueno
Old 04-04-2015, 4:59 PM

There is an article in the Register today(factually wrong btw) saying the same thing. She did not have to reverse her decision due to the En Banc hearing! Like any Sheriff in any county, she can be shall issue if she wants. She is just being pressured to fall in line with the other anti-issue counties(LA, SD, AL) The article says they are changing position due to the ruling. THERE WAS NO CHANGE IN RULING due to the en banc request! It's a total bull **** answer that just sounds reasonable. Now she has flip flopped and again, self defense is no longer good cause.

IMO this is BS, and is due to pressure from the CA AG. They put the squeeze on her because she is the only outlier on the issue. FU Kamala! They are doing everything they can to be in lock step because they KNOW they are behind the 8 ball and will loose the en banc hearing.

Don't give up if you are still in process, imo Peruta will be upheld and will stand. They will all eat their policies in the end.

Hang tough!

Last edited by DoubleCab; 04-04-2015 at 5:06 PM..
Old 04-05-2015, 8:31 PM

For the folks who had there interview before the ninth circuit decision to re-hear the case, if your interviewer told you to go ahead with your livescan and training. That was a verbal contract that cost a lot of people a lot of money. If they then say "oh we changed our mind" they are in breach of that contract and are going to get the pants sued off of them. Class action and otherwise
Old 04-05-2015, 8:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraley View Post
For the folks who had there interview before the ninth circuit decision to re-hear the case, if your interviewer told you to go ahead with your livescan and training. That was a verbal contract that cost a lot of people a lot of money. If they then say "oh we changed our mind" they are in breach of that contract and are going to get the pants sued off of them. Class action and otherwise

Nah.

Saying "go ahead and do your training and LiveScan" to beat the crowd isn't the same as requiring an applicant to get it or ordering them to. Besides, the PC says an applicant can't be made to pay for training prior to approval.

Plus, a lot of people did the LiveScan and training on their own, just based on suggestions they saw here.

A lawsuit would go nowhere.

Last edited by Doheny; 04-06-2015 at 8:32 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 AM

Are there working links for the good cause statements referenced in post #1?
Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraley View Post
No, it isn't. Of course, I'm just a guy who works with contracts and defends class action lawsuits.

They aren't saying ANYTHING like oh, we changed out mind", they are saying the ninth circuit CHANGED THE LAW.

No lawsuits, no class action. Not on any contract or quasi contract basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-06-2015, 4:18 PM

Default upcoming CCW appointment

Gentlemen,
I have an upcoming appointment this Friday. I cannot meet the good cause threshold with the new ruling. should I bother going to the appointment? I waited several months to get this. Please advise.

JDLC
Old 04-06-2015, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlc View Post
Gentlemen,
I have an upcoming appointment this Friday. I cannot meet the good cause threshold with the new ruling. should I bother going to the appointment? I waited several months to get this. Please advise.

JDLC
Yes, because no one knows whether they meet the threshold at this time. It may be business as usual, or it may be a low threshold.
Old 04-10-2015, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlc View Post
Gentlemen,

JDLC
Did you go?
Old 04-16-2015, 5:58 PM

Just posting to let all you know if you have a GC send it in. I sent mine in and got approved for pick up!!
Old 05-09-2015, 8:34 AM

My appointment just got bumped up to June 16th! Bummer! Never thought I would say that! Lol. Was hoping Peruta case would be decided in our favor before I went for my interview. Not worried though. Any feed back on how the interviews are going would be appreciated.
Old 05-09-2015, 9:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Man View Post
My appointment just got bumped up to June 16th! Bummer! Never thought I would say that! Lol. Was hoping Peruta case would be decided in our favor before I went for my interview. Not worried though. Any feed back on how the interviews are going would be appreciated.
You can bump it back due to personal scheduling conflicts.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:22 PM

Dvrjon - thought about doing that but not sure if there is a compelling reason to do so. Just curious what others experiences have been this far? I also have a friend going in before me and thought I would wait for his feed back.

Has anyone heard any negative experiences?
Old 05-10-2015, 10:27 PM

Does anyone know when in june this will be heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior40er View Post
LOL, fist me bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSir510 View Post
so I massage him and ask if its is the real thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssr. Eleganté View Post
You'll get a faster response if you massage him. Ask me how I know.
Old 05-11-2015, 8:24 AM

I think June 15 or 16th
Old 05-11-2015, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

The 9th Circuit has voted to rehear the case en banc. Oral arguments consolidated with Richards v. Prieto will take place at 3:30 pm on June 16, 2015 in Courtroom 1, 3rd Floor Rm 338, James R. Browning U.S. Courthouse, San Francisco – 30 minutes per side – Peruta and Richards to split 30 minutes.

Note: Oral arguments have been combined but at this point the two cases have not been combined leaving a theoretical possibility of two separate decisions as a result of the en banc hearing.
Old 05-11-2015, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

My impression is that you’re still good with self-defense as “good cause” until Peruta is reversed en banc … if you’ve already applied.
Old 05-12-2015, 9:48 PM

Default OC CCW Update

There is a positive (but not ideal) update on Sheriff Hutchens' position on her new CCW policy:

http://www.crpa.org/update-on-oc-sheriff-ccw-policy/

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1071521
Old 05-12-2015, 10:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
There is a positive (but not ideal) update on Sheriff Hutchens' position on her new CCW policy:

http://www.crpa.org/update-on-oc-sheriff-ccw-policy/

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1071521

What would be your guess as to why she went from liberally issuing over the past year to her current policy? Does she really think she's following the law, is she posturing for another legal matter she may be involved in, etc?

Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 AM

Sorry, but I never pretend to know what is in someone else's head, especially a politician. Whatever her reasoning, at least we know she is willing to engage. We will see where this takes us and react accordingly.
Old 05-14-2015, 6:20 PM

I just got my appointment date a few weeks ago for the 25th of June. Should I even go? I had a OC CCW before few years back but that was with my business and such for my "good cause". I don't think I will be able to reuse that one.
Old 05-18-2015, 5:48 AM

CCW finalization email received from OC today. Just got approved to pick-up. My interview was 3/6. Got the email asking for additional good cause statement in early April. Submitted that. I called a few weeks ago in late April having not heard anything. They said they were still waiting on my DOJ lifescan results. I went in to do my lifescan on 3/9. Started my training some time in March as well.
Old 05-18-2015, 5:49 AM

Livescan*
Old 05-18-2015, 12:13 PM

Anyone know the maximum number of guns you can have on your permit? I have heard 3 and 5, and am not sure whether or not to pick up another pistol before I do training...
Old 05-18-2015, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soginator View Post
Anyone know the maximum number of guns you can have on your permit? I have heard 3 and 5, and am not sure whether or not to pick up another pistol before I do training...
Currently 3 is the maximum allowed. There are rumors that it may go to 5 but those are still just rumors.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Default My experience

Figured I would post what is happening to me for people wondering if they will be required to provide a supplemented good cause statement based on their interview date.

I interviewed on 2/20 and was recently requested to supplement my initial good cause statement of "personal protection".

Currently trying to figure out what I can provide to finish this off as I have already paid for livescan and the training course but unfortunately don't really fall under any of the newly required "good cause" reasons.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klops View Post
Figured I would post what is happening to me for people wondering if they will be required to provide a supplemented good cause statement based on their interview date.

I interviewed on 2/20 and was recently requested to supplement my initial good cause statement of "personal protection".

Currently trying to figure out what I can provide to finish this off as I have already paid for livescan and the training course but unfortunately don't really fall under any of the newly required "good cause" reasons.
There is no specific list of required reasons... Everyone's situation is unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Old 05-20-2015, 9:23 AM

Have any current ccw holders been able to make modifications to there permit such as address? I may be moving in September and dont want to lose my permit a year early because they wont print a new one
Old 05-20-2015, 9:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey9mm View Post
Have any current ccw holders been able to make modifications to there permit such as address? I may be moving in September and dont want to lose my permit a year early because they wont print a new one

Are you staying in OC? If so it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:47 AM

Yes i would be staying in Orange county
Old 06-02-2015, 5:54 PM

Just to clarify since a lot of people seem to be repeating the same question, you get an e-mail from them stating self defense is no longer good cause. You then get a list of things that do qualify for good cause (you're a lawyer, you transport money, victim of stalking, things like that).

I was one of the last people cleared before the policy changed, and I STILL have not received my license. I sent in my completed training certificate last week (live scan cleared about a month ago), and I still have not been contacted. I think this means there is a lot of confusion over what to do at OCSD. I would save your time and money if you haven't started the process yet. It could be a while before we see a new ruling on Peruta.
Old 06-02-2015, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soginator View Post
Just to clarify since a lot of people seem to be repeating the same question, you get an e-mail from them stating self defense is no longer good cause. You then get a list of things that do qualify for good cause (you're a lawyer, you transport money, victim of stalking, things like that).

I was one of the last people cleared before the policy changed, and I STILL have not received my license. I sent in my completed training certificate last week (live scan cleared about a month ago), and I still have not been contacted. I think this means there is a lot of confusion over what to do at OCSD. I would save your time and money if you haven't started the process yet. It could be a while before we see a new ruling on Peruta.
By being cleared do you mean you received a conditional approval letter to move on with training prior to 3/26? You said you sent in your training certs last week, so either you lagged it or they just cleared you recently.

Note: After I sent in my training certs, I didn't email them back nor contact them. 2 weeks later I got an email to pick up my card. So.. emailing them one week after you sent in your certs to me is a bit early as they're already bombarded with more than they can probably handle. Patience....

Last edited by Albs; 06-02-2015 at 7:22 PM..
Old 06-05-2015, 9:05 AM

Just heard back from a friend who just went through final phase and was approved. He asked about the "good cause" vs. " "shall issue" position and the sherif is issuing. Just need to state other reason than a blanket "self defense" statement. I feel optimistic as my friend said I should have no problem getting certificate. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:03 PM

Just picked up my CCW this morning! They're definitely issuing.
01/20/15 - Live Scan @ OC Sheriffs Office
02/09/15 - CCW Appointment rescheduled to 6/30/15
03/12/15 - CCW Appointment rescheduled to 5/8/2015
05/08/15 - CCW Interview.
05/09/15 - Residence Check.
05/18/15 - Finalization Appointment set for 6/5/15
06/05/15 - CCW Picked up!
Old 06-17-2015, 9:23 AM

Received approval today via email!

3/3 requested interview
3/24 initial interview ( got lucky I guess)
3/25 livescan
4/3 updated GC requested and submitted
4/4 residence check
4/15 GC received
6/4 received phone call from investigator. File submitted to Lt. For approval.
6/17 email approval, just need to complete training and fax cert.

OCSD is issuing. Everyone in process stay positive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 9:34 AM

That's good to know. My appointment is coming up and I'm worried that I might be just wasting my time and getting excited for nothing.
Old 06-17-2015, 9:14 PM

Had my first interview today. Looks like green lights for now. Didn't get any indication there was push back. Saw several people coming in for final interviews. Heard some coming in to pick up license. I'm encouraged from what I saw and heard.
Old 06-18-2015, 7:24 AM

2/3/15 - Submitted for interview via website
2/4/15 - Interview scheduled for 10/29/15
2/26/15 - Interview changed to 4/21/15
4/21/15 - Interview
4/22/15 -Live scan complete/Submitted updated Good Cause letter
5/4/15 - Residence check
Approval???

Hey everyone seems like my timeline is a big elongated compared to some and , I havent heard back from the CCW unit so i was wondering if i should give them a call or if i should just sit on my hands and wait. any insight would be great!