Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 9:07 PM

Default Possible mistake on DROS?

On Saturday I PPT'd a Springfield XD45 at Turners in Corona.

Everything went pretty quick considering we were the first in line.

But upon double checking the DROS, it looks like there were two mistakes and I am wondering if this will cause a delay.

On e Turners invoice, the serial number is listed as XD######, which is correct.

On the DROS, it is listed as US######. The numbers are correct, but the letter prefix is wrong.

Also, on the DROS, it lists the model as XD40 and caliber as .40 when it is an XD45 and caliber of .45

Are these issues that NEED to be corrected before I can legally take possession?

I would be rather upset if, when I went to pick it up on day 10, I couldn't because of their error.

Thanks.

Last edited by Fixmy59bug; 08-25-2013 at 9:13 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Hmmmm. Have you tried calling them?

rhetorical question.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM

You'll need to redo the dros, only one correction can be made and it seems they made 3, you should get it redone ASAP as to only add another day and not another 10 days
Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
Hmmmm. Have you tried calling them?

rhetorical question.
I have not. They were already closed when I discovered the error. I will call them tomorrow while at work and if I have to go down there, I will have to do so after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_R3PR View Post
You'll need to redo the dros, only one correction can be made and it seems they made 3, you should get it redone ASAP as to only add another day and not another 10 days
Damn... Good thing I asked now instead of waiting until day 10.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Calguns Addict

When I bought a rifle at dicks, the guy handed me everything when it was sent. There was a mistake, he redid the dros and said the company pays for the second since he made the mistake. I don't know if this is law or company policy. One thing for sure, with those mistakes, it will have to be done again.
Old 08-26-2013, 3:13 PM

Well, I called first thing this morning and talked to Mike.

He said it would have to be corrected, but it could be corrected at pick up and there would be no additional wait time.

He then called me back an hour and a half later and told me he submitted the corrections and that the issue would be taken care of. And re-confirmed there would be no additional wait time.

Consider me a happy customer.
Old 08-26-2013, 5:19 PM

Last time I DROS something at turners they spelled my name wrong. I was lucky enought to catch it before i left the store. They just filled out a correction form and submit it to the doj and it didnt delay anything. Just remember to get a copy of the correction form for your records when you pick up your pistol. And post some pics
Old 08-27-2013, 8:34 AM

Weird, don't know how they could have corrected the dros with two mistakes. From what I understand it would have needed to be cancelled and redrosed, thus starting the 10 day over again. The DROS correction form clearly states only 1 change for a handgun.

http://ossh.com/firearms/caag.state....dlrfaqs.htm#26

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs#26G

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/...ction-Form.pdf

The last link is the actual form used to correct a DROS, although there are some fields which can be changed electronically. But it still references the fact that only one field may be changed with a handgun.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 PM

Damn...

Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I will take a trip there tomorrow after work and bring this up to the manager and see what he says.

If in fact it does need to be re-done, does that mean the seller will have to come back out and fill out the DROS paperwork again?
Old 09-05-2013, 7:09 AM

So how did it turn out?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:10 AM

Turned out fine...

I went in on Tuesday last week and talked to Gonzo since Mike wasn't there at the time, and he explained he saw the thread (Yeah, They are watching us... Hi Gonzo!!) and as Mike explained over the phone, he was able to electronically change the serial number on the DROS and would mail in a correction for the Model number. He showed me the paperwork for the electronic change as well as the mail in form.

When I went in yesterday to pick it up from Jail, Mike and Gonzo were there and Mike showed me the papers again and assured me there would be no issues.

They seem like they knew what they were doing so I am hoping it is a non-issue.

I was able to bring home the XD on the date promised, but I was out with family so I picked it up the next day.

All is good.
Old 09-05-2013, 2:24 PM

good to hear op