Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned

Default Fresno: clean shoot - attempted robbery

1 perp dead and 2 suspects at large. 3 armed robbers forced their way into a video game store at closing time, brandishing handguns, when they made their way to the store owner, he began shooting them. 1 perp was critically wounded and died later(body found in the street wherever his buddies rolled him out of the car on their escape).

The store owner is not being charged, clear case of self defense and an obvious upside of CCW issuance. Glad he's okay and will live to see another day with his family and friends!!

Video with article/story:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...cal&id=7838981

Initial news release video:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/video?id...dicate&section

Last edited by greasemonkey; 12-13-2010 at 12:54 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Good guys win again! I hope those other two perps rot in hell!

ETA: One shot, he must have been using .45 ACP

Last edited by Turo; 12-13-2010 at 12:54 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 1:15 AM

Thanks for sharing this.
Old 12-13-2010, 5:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo View Post
I sure hope you don't believe that, but merely forgot to use a smilie.

If you do believe that, ck out:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2010112104787 where a BG w/a single shot from a .380 stopped and killed a LEO.

Per my post at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=368887
the priorities are: (1) bullet placement; (2) bullet penetration; and (3) bullet diameter: (a) original caliber (bullets may expand, but they don't contract), and (b) potential expanded diameter.
Old 12-13-2010, 8:01 AM

Need more coverage of incidents like this. Violent criminals will start fearing the armed citizen.

Nuff Said....!
Old 12-13-2010, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Need more coverage of incidents like this. Violent criminals will start fearing the armed citizen.
Agreed.

Also I'd be down for CA to have a Castle doctrine something closer to Texas or Arizona.

Want to carry in the woods? Click here.
Old 12-13-2010, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

He better carry every single day from now on, the bad guys might follow him to get some revenge
Old 12-13-2010, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
when they made their way to the store owner, he began shooting them.
Like the wording, like it's expected of him.
Old 12-13-2010, 9:00 AM
Veteran Member

"A teenager is dead after a Fresno business-owner opened fire during a late-night robbery attempt"

Journalism is supposed to be a pure science! It's a noble charge, a level of public servitude unattainable in any other career and fulfilled by no one else. Aarg... /rant off

It is tragic that those teenagers decided to be criminals. It's tragic that one died. But for the love of humanity it's a wonderful thing for society when armed robbery runs the risk of death.

Deer Hunting Rifles? "Let's get rid of those too" - Adam Keigwin, Chief of Staff for Senator Leland Yee
Old 12-13-2010, 9:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk556 View Post
He better carry every single day from now on, the bad guys might follow him to get some revenge
That's a pretty big downside to this particular deal, that it was the store owner and not an employee who could more easily find another place to work. That place isn't in the greatest location, hopefully he doesn't have a price on his head now.

I guess I need to go contact him and get him involved in the next AK build party to make sure he's got enough of the proper tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewalker View Post
"A teenager is dead after a Fresno business-owner opened fire during a late-night robbery attempt"
No kidding, ABC 30 is a flipping joke, they try so hard to be as biased as the "big fish", so does the Fresno Bee. ABC30's typically the one to find the gang-bangers mom and play a continuous loop of her crying and saying "he was such a good boy, everyone loved him, he'd never actually hurt anyone, he was just trying to turn his life around", oh puh-lease.

I don't even know how many times those two companies "covered" an Agricultural Aircraft wreck and literally just made their own story up. I mean, it's my customer, an aircraft I normally work on, with chemicals that are not really a big deal as long as you're not pouring them in your wheaties, we often know the cause of the crash right away(typically pilot error/force of nature); often we'll even speak with the press a bit...then I go read the news report the next day and I could swear it was a completely different incident than the wreck that I recovered. 'Journalistic integrity' apparently means something completely different than what we'd all like it to be!

Last edited by greasemonkey; 12-13-2010 at 9:29 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 9:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

It wasn't an instant fatality. Must have been a .40 S&W
Old 12-13-2010, 9:37 AM

I like stories like this. My sympathies to the store owner for having to go through this, but good job.

Hope they catch the other 2 dirtbags so they can be charged with murder since their dirtbag buddy died.
Old 12-13-2010, 9:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post
It wasn't an instant fatality. Must have been a .40 S&W
It's because the store owner didn't turn it sideways for a kill-shot, this was just an upright warning shot to the head

Or maybe he was using tupperware, because we all know that $500 tupperware isn't as effective in self defense as a $2k 1911 (1911's instill fairy dust in the bullets, making them more deadly).
Old 12-13-2010, 9:39 AM
I need a LIFE!!

THANK YOU MIMS!

If he did turn the gun sideways, the recoil would of swept horizontally killing all three suspect instead of one.

He needs to go back to qualify.

jk.

Last edited by mif_slim; 12-13-2010 at 9:43 AM.. Reason: added
Old 12-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Its a good thing this didn't happen at a gamestop. They have a strict absolutely no firearms for employees and comply with all robber demands policy. I shudder to think how that would go with three armed attackers.

WTB: AMD 65 parts kit with original barrel

Interested in a Front Sight Diamond membership? PM me.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 AM

Good for the shop owner, it's too bad they know where he works, and spends a majority of his time. I would probably be scrambling to find a way to relocate.

Also...
Quote:
1911's instill fairy dust in the bullets, making them more deadly.
Sig'd
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM

Fresno has a pretty good track record of standing by business owners after a shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif_slim View Post
THANK YOU MIMS!
I hope that's not directed at Sheriff Mims. She was in a constant battle with the city counsel over the SO's budget. They knew if they cut the budget her only recourse was to either cut patrol deputies or close part of the jail.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2010112104787 where a BG w/a single shot from a .380 stopped and killed a LEO.
I personally worked on a case in which a LEO was shot and killed during a traffic stop with a single shot from a .22LR. And yes, he was wearing a vest...

the question here is not whether the carrying of arms is a good idea—the question is
whether carrying arms is constitutionally protected. Objective standards and due process—not
Defendants’ philosophy or personal beliefs about the value of this activity—must carry the day-Alan Gura
Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is clearly a good example of Nurture versus Nature. IOW if the parents do not teach their kids to not be violent thugs, they will naturally be shot by their intended victim. Lesson learned.

Quote:
Journalism is supposed to be a pure science! It's a noble charge, a level of public servitude unattainable in any other career and fulfilled by no one else. Aarg... /rant off
From what I've seen, it's no longer simply a matter of objectively reporting the news. Instead, journalists fancy themselves more as commentators who must be part of the report and tell people what they must think of the incident.

Quote:
It is tragic that those teenagers decided to be criminals. It's tragic that one died. But for the love of humanity it's a wonderful thing for society when armed robbery runs the risk of death.
It would have been even more tragic if the victim had been killed instead. People must learn that there are consequences to their decisions, and bad decisions will render bad consequences.
Old 12-13-2010, 1:05 PM

This is my store! I go by there almost weekly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt5811 View Post
Glocks are like Darth Vader dressed as Hello Kitty. They sit there looking all plasticky and harmless and when it's time to use the force, the Evil Dark Lord comes out and rules the galaxy.
Old 12-13-2010, 1:07 PM

Quote:

And of course the media will interview his mother and family, and the family will go on camera and talk about how their son who goes by the alias "Mr. Big Dollar Hollar" was an angel and that he would never hurt a fly, he was an upstanding citizen, straight A's in school, captain of the football team, worked at the homeless shelter, yada yada yada

Last edited by Recession; 12-13-2010 at 1:11 PM..
Old 12-13-2010, 1:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Hehe, yeah I forgot the smilie OOPS!

I just wanted to start crap .

Besides, everyone knows that the .45ACP is so slow it usually bounces off of most people .
Old 12-13-2010, 1:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Hot Lead: The cure for the common criminal.

Directions: apply as needed in as large a dose as you feel necessary. Not possible to overdose. Can be delivered directly to the heart or lungs, but for best results deliver directly to the head. After application, contact a lawyer immediately and do not speak to the police. Best if used within seconds after contact with criminal.

Brought to you buy Smith and Wesson....a family company

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 12-13-2010, 1:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
1 perp dead and 2 suspects at large. 3 armed robbers forced their way into a video game store at closing time, brandishing handguns, when they made their way to the store owner, he began shooting them. 1 perp was critically wounded and died later(body found in the street wherever his buddies rolled him out of the car on their escape).

The store owner is not being charged, clear case of self defense and an obvious upside of CCW issuance. Glad he's okay and will live to see another day with his family and friends!!

Video with article/story:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...cal&id=7838981

Initial news release video:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/video?id...dicate&section
The report that I saw stated that the owner didn't draw until the perps started to violently shove the employees to the ground. It sounded like he excercised a lot of restraint.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 12-13-2010, 1:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Wasn't the dead man found at least a block away? I thought that .45 vaporized the target?

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 12-13-2010, 2:14 PM

Default Easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
Wasn't the dead man found at least a block away? I thought that .45 vaporized the target?
Too easy.
That's where he landed....
Old 12-13-2010, 2:14 PM

Quote:

"Jeter [perp] went to the opposite side of the police car from [officer] Patrick.

He pulled the .380 and fired twice over the car's hood at Patrick. The trooper returned fire, hitting Jeter, Dickel [trucker witness] said.

One shot hit Patrick in the shoulder and pierced his heart."

WHAT??? The bullet must have ricocheted off his arm/shoulder bone!
Old 12-13-2010, 2:18 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
Hot Lead: The cure for the common criminal.

Directions: apply as needed in as large a dose as you feel necessary. Not possible to overdose. Can be delivered directly to the heart or lungs, but for best results deliver directly to the head. After application, contact a lawyer immediately and do not speak to the police. Best if used within seconds after contact with criminal.

Brought to you buy Smith and Wesson....a family company
AWESOME!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.Allen View Post
I personally worked on a case in which a LEO was shot and killed during a traffic stop with a single shot from a .22LR. And yes, he was wearing a vest...
So, was it a head shot, or did the .22 go thru his vest?
Old 12-13-2010, 3:14 PM

I just heard a interview with the owner on KMJ. SHE is a women! Good job

www.kentsandhagen.mygofoods.com

Cowboy Fast Draw World Championships
alias, "The Undertaker"
Fastest Shot 2009 .356
Old 12-13-2010, 6:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Fresno has a pretty good track record of standing by business owners after a shooting.

Originally Posted by mif_slim
THANK YOU MIMS!
I hope that's not directed at Sheriff Mims. She was in a constant battle with the city counsel over the SO's budget. They knew if they cut the budget her only recourse was to either cut patrol deputies or close part of the jail.
It's praising her for supporting CCW. I love her work!
Old 12-13-2010, 7:27 PM

YAAAAYY ! One for the Good Guys !
JB
Old 12-13-2010, 8:32 PM

Good thing she was packing, or she could be the one in the morge. Chaulk one up for the good guys.Hope she is alright after having to use deadly force.
Old 12-13-2010, 8:43 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: San Diego, National Socialist Democratic Republic of Facistfornia

3 perps ...one dead. Someone needs more range time.

-Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
=======================================
"Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
- Benjamin Franklin -1775
=======================================
Old 12-13-2010, 9:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by $P-Ritch$ View Post
Its a good thing this didn't happen at a gamestop. They have a strict absolutely no firearms for employees and comply with all robber demands policy. I shudder to think how that would go with three armed attackers.
Proof that one of the first requirements of being a common criminal is that you have to be stupid.

There's a privately owned coin shop down the street from my house... the kind with bars on all the windows and steel storm shutters with a door the owner has to buzz you in on, you know, the kind of place where there's a 100% chance that the guy behind the counter is armed? Anyway, some morons try to rob him at gunpoint and one ends up dead on the sidewalk out front and the other runs away (no employees hurt).

Same goes here... why not rob a Gamestop, McDonalds, Zales Jewelers, or even a freaking bank for that matter? No, out of all the places out there to rob, you choose the privately owned shop that doesn't have rules in the franchise agreement prohibiting employees from carrying.
Old 12-13-2010, 9:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Proof that one of the first requirements of being a common criminal is that you have to be stupid.

There's a privately owned coin shop down the street from my house... the kind with bars on all the windows and steel storm shutters with a door the owner has to buzz you in on, you know, the kind of place where there's a 100% chance that the guy behind the counter is armed? Anyway, some morons try to rob him at gunpoint and one ends up dead on the sidewalk out front and the other runs away (no employees hurt).

Same goes here... why not rob a Gamestop, McDonalds, Zales Jewelers, or even a freaking bank for that matter? No, out of all the places out there to rob, you choose the privately owned shop that doesn't have rules in the franchise agreement prohibiting employees from carrying.
I'm an advocate of survival of the fittest
Old 12-13-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif_slim View Post
It's praising her for supporting CCW. I love her work!
Okay then .My bad.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Автомат Калашникова
CGN Contributor

Perp got what he deserved. There is no respawn in real life, maybe these kids took Black Ops too seriously.