Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-17-2017, 12:08 PM

Default CCW in Orange County

Could you all advise me if this would be an appropriate "good cause" requirement for my CCW in Orange County?

1. I carry thousands of dollars of expensive camera equipment on a daily basis for my work as a videographer. It is not my primary occupation, however I have several years of documented 1099 income from it. My work leaves me no choice but to expose myself to high-crime areas where I risk being victimized for my equipment.

2. I go hiking at dawn and dusk

3. I am highly active politically (locally and nationally) and may be a target for my activism. I do not have any documented threats to support this at this time.

Any other suggestions on good cause requirements? Planning to reword this all for the actual application, so any tips on that would be great!
Old 04-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Start here: http://213ajq29v6vk19b76q3534cx.wpen...tion-Guide.pdf

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-17-2017, 6:01 PM

Thank You and Thank You.. I'm going for Utah or Arizona non resident CCW in June and Requested Appointment with OCSD..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 6:10 PM

Not good enough
Old 04-19-2017, 12:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

That's a good start. We've had people approved for less. Be advised they'll likely want proof to your claims, such as your 1099 and documentation of where you hike.
Old 04-26-2017, 8:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Moved

Last edited by JimGenz76; 04-28-2017 at 3:51 AM..
Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKINGRAT View Post
Not good enough
Not true. Source: Me

OP, Your first GC reason was enough for me to obtain mine. I am a hobby photographer that carries around $3,000+ worth of equipment on any given day.
In my case, I emphasized that I usually take my photographs at night, by myself, in secluded/high crime areas where Police response times are slow.

OCSD will want you to provide a list of equipment and Photos documenting your gear, plus any other supporting documents such as receipts for your work, and receipts for your gear(if you have them).

Good Luck!
Old 06-26-2017, 7:18 AM

If you have 1099's showing you do work as a photographer, and can provide a picture of all your equipment, you will be fine. No other GC or supporting documents will be necessary.
Old 08-05-2017, 1:21 PM

Is that "good cause" (a photographer in high crime areas) in other counties?

Last edited by GlockUnCut; 08-07-2017 at 7:50 AM..
Old 08-12-2017, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnCut View Post
Is that "good cause" (a photographer in high crime areas) in other counties?
Let's think about it:

Someone is freelancing and goes to an area that has high crime and not so nice people, to get a few photos for a story of a big incident that just happened. This person, walking around with multiple cameras around their neck worth $1000s of dollars, definitely makes them more susceptible of being a victim of a crime than the other spectators in the area. I definitely feel this is good cause to have a CCW and as long as the person can provide supporting documents that they actually do this type of photography, they will be approved for sure.

My personal opinion:

Good cause is nonsense. Everyone living in California now has good cause thanks to Jerry Brown and the thousands of dumbass voters who passed AB109, Props 47 and 57. More criminals than ever are now on our streets and they know if they get caught, they won't do much time for their crimes. Let's use a robbery (taking someone else's property from them using force or fear). The suspect of this violent crime won't be convicted of the violent charge because the DA will allow the case to be plead down to a Misdemeanor grand theft from a person for an easy and fast conviction (not the DA's fault, the DA is overwhelmed with cases due to crime rates being up through the roof). This violent crime is now reclassified and statistically shown as a non-violent crime. Governor Brown now boasts how his program reduces violent crime when in fact, it's higher than anyone of could ever imagine.

One more thing, just because you live in a very affluent area, please don't think you don't have good cause for doing nightly walks. Thugs don't go to poor areas to rob and steal, They go to target enriched environments. The wealthy folks neighborhood.

Now to piss off all my wealthy calgun friends. I'm a blue-collared hard working, just getting by, family man. When I go to an ATM and get jacked for $300 (50% of my $600 life savings I was taking out to repair my car so I can go to work), and the gentleman at the other ATM beside mine, who is very very wealthy, gets jacked for the same $300 he just took out (.0001% of his $3,000,000 savings). Who suffered the greater loss? I know IA think the poor guys don't need a CCW, but losing 50% of my wealth has a huge impact on me and my family. The whole point is, give the licenses to people of good moral character. We all have good cause and have the right to protect ourselves. People of good moral character don't commit crimes. You can drop money in front of them, they can find a wallet loaded with money, and they will make sure it gets back to the owner. People of good moral character won't go out looking for trouble, the have shown they turn away from it. Good cause is BS! Everyone has it, especially in California.

Sorry for the long response but it's been built up in me for too long.
Old 08-12-2017, 8:57 AM
Veteran Member

While I agree that GC is a ridiculous and immoral impediment to a constitutional right, let's not make this a discussion of class/wealth.

We are much more powerful, when we are united against this tyranny...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 08-12-2017, 1:56 PM

I agree, and it was never meant to divide us. The IA needs to know we all are harmed when we become a victim of a crime.

United we stand, divided we fall.