Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Blades, Bows and Tools
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blades, Bows and Tools Discussion of non-firearm weapons and camping/survival tools.

Old 02-16-2019, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Default Buck fixed blade two knife set

I've had this for 20+ years but was checking around and can't find another set like it. Knives are Buck 470 and 475.

Old 02-21-2019, 6:19 PM
Veteran Member

Heard from Buck today actually took maybe two hours after I emailed them.
These arenít really rare they had a bunch of the knives both sizes and when the sets were built you could end up with a 1988 & 2000 dated knife as a set.

Old 02-21-2019, 7:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Nice set, that's a keeper. I've always been on the fence with Bucks. I remember my Grandfather switching from Case to Buck pocket knives in the early 70s. I've owned a 119 since the mid 70s, it still looks brand new. For a few years I kind of stopped buying them because they didn't hold an edge and seemed cheap. I bought a 110 auto last year, it's my EDC now. It holds an edge and sharpens easy. I love this knife.

MLC________________________________

Happiness is a warm gun
Old 02-22-2019, 6:49 AM
Veteran Member

Remember the Buck ad showing a knife cutting a bolt in half? When I was on active duty I worked for a Cdr. that bought a 110 and tried to cut a grade 8 bolt in half, the blade bought so he went out to Buck in El Cajon showed them and they replaced it but explained the difference between grade 8 and a carriage bolt.
My EDC is usually a Case or a Buck small stockman.

Old 02-22-2019, 5:59 PM
Calguns Addict

I do remember that ad, seems like it ran for a long time. When I mentioned my Grandfather, the knives that he bought were always Stockmans. I like Tarppers myself but he was a Stockman man.

I recall him giving me my first knife when we lived in Georgetown Ca. I think I was about 5. Pretty sure I cut my thumb up the first day I had it.

Happiness is a warm gun
Old 02-26-2019, 4:13 PM

I have a Buck "cadet" stockman that was given to me on Christmas 1973. It has the knife and bolt logo embedded in the handle. I still use it. I used to spend a lot of time in Georgetown. I love that area. I saw pictures of Stumpy Meadows after the fire a couple of years ago. What a shame. That place will never return to what it was in my lifetime.
Old 02-26-2019, 8:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorn5150 View Post
I have a Buck "cadet" stockman that was given to me on Christmas 1973. It has the knife and bolt logo embedded in the handle. I still use it. I used to spend a lot of time in Georgetown. I love that area. I saw pictures of Stumpy Meadows after the fire a couple of years ago. What a shame. That place will never return to what it was in my lifetime.
My mom and dad built the house right behind the hardware store just outside of town (ACE ) Must of been 1962-63. Back then it was the airport road. My mom was diagnosed with MS a few years later, my dad lost everything, including my mom. It would have been cool to have grown up there, that little open water line was right behind the house.
I took my kids up there a couple years ago, spoke a little to the guy who lived there.

Happiness is a warm gun
Old 02-28-2019, 1:54 PM

The water ditch was unbelievable. Every time it rained the sink taps would run brown with mud. One of my sisters married into a family up there. Her husband showed me some real nice fishing streams.