Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 04-17-2020, 11:23 PM

Default Japanese Airsoft

Is there still a used market for japanese airsoft? It's been a while since I went airsofting after I got married and had a kid, and with the recent stay at home situation in CA I was able to clean out some of my airsoft guns.

Looking at EBAY there seems to be a market for a few things, but I thought I'd check here as well if anyone has had luck selling in the non firearms forums. Hoping someone here would make better use of them before going to craigslist, ebay or facebook.

I have 2 western arms 1911 pistols. One is a Prokiller Mark II and the second one is a WA Custom Hi Cap 45 (series 80 slide and SV competition frame) with extended mag release. When I look at these, it's amazing how advance airsoft was since these look just like the current 2011. The Prokiller Mark II is fully auto, while the WA Custom is semi auto.

I also have a Tokyo Marui MC51, which was converted with Classic Army G3 metal parts and with an extended fake silencer for more of a G3 look. No pictures yet, but will have some later.

Now that I have a child, I realized how expensive it is to raise a kid so these will have to go. Let me know if you have had any experience selling on either forum.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg combo.jpg (90.4 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg infinity 2.jpg (87.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg prokiller 1.jpg (89.5 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg rifle2.jpg (100.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg rifle1.jpg (100.8 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Sp0ngerb0y; 04-19-2020 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: updated photos
Old 04-22-2020, 2:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

technology has improved with newer guns... I don't see a premium for the older japanese guns that were upgraded to metal parts

“Sacrificial is now Essential Employee”
“We can’t call people Sacrificial... they can’t hear the truth” Gov Newsom

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 04-25-2020, 7:39 PM
Veteran Member

Western Arms are without any doubt are the gold standard of quality. So many unique aspects of their design. From their unique gas valves, supported inner barrels with a spring along with the over all quality.
Having been massively involved with airsoft in my area you have 2 well regarded GBBs. Unfortunately nothing interchanges as far as I know and no one copied the design.
Most of what TM produced has been copied.
I still have my Marui Glock 18 electric non-blowback. This was a game changer for skirmishing. I converted mine to external battery and never looked back.

You have 2 very much so collectable gas blow backs. I went to Gun Broker and sold my WA.

Heck I even still have my shell ejecting MP5K and 1911 offered by Daisy but manufactured in Japan.

If I could look back on my sales history for GB I would tell you what I got. I can not go back that far without paying a fee. I want to think something like a couple hundred for one back in 2017.
Old 04-25-2020, 8:19 PM

Your going to have a hard time finding a buyer for the western arms pistols since you have the gen 1 gas systems in them and that there are not many parts available to service them. I used to collect and use them at pistol games. About 10-15 years back you can get about 200 for a new one. Maybe 120-150 on eBay but it would definitely be a collector buying I picked up my last WA para HRT from eBay for 100

The TM MC51 is definitely a collector for the right person. Nowadays everyone is into m4`s. Not much parts left anymore for the G3 series.

At least you have the metal body kit. what were you thinking of selling the MC51 for?

Last edited by snacks; 04-25-2020 at 8:21 PM..
Old 04-26-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacks View Post
Your going to have a hard time finding a buyer for the western arms pistols since you have the gen 1 gas systems in them and that there are not many parts available to service them. I used to collect and use them at pistol games. About 10-15 years back you can get about 200 for a new one. Maybe 120-150 on eBay but it would definitely be a collector buying I picked up my last WA para HRT from eBay for 100

The TM MC51 is definitely a collector for the right person. Nowadays everyone is into m4`s. Not much parts left anymore for the G3 series.

At least you have the metal body kit. what were you thinking of selling the MC51 for?
Thanks Snacks! I appreciate the information.

I guess I'll try Craigslist and Ebay to see if I can sell the airsoft guns. I saw a posting for a single mag for a WA go for 70 so I was hoping I could get 150-200 for each pistol, but I guess I should start lower.

The TM MC51 i was hoping for 300-350, but you're probably right about finding a collector for the gun, so your information will make me reconsider offers now. Airsoft was definitely fun and like normal guns all the add-on and accessories definitely added up. I was still surprised that I had the boxes for the metal pieces and still have the plastic too. Let me know if your interested.

I was going to post here to see if there was any possibility of a trade too.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
Western Arms are without any doubt are the gold standard of quality. So many unique aspects of their design. From their unique gas valves, supported inner barrels with a spring along with the over all quality.
Having been massively involved with airsoft in my area you have 2 well regarded GBBs. Unfortunately nothing interchanges as far as I know and no one copied the design.
Most of what TM produced has been copied.
I still have my Marui Glock 18 electric non-blowback. This was a game changer for skirmishing. I converted mine to external battery and never looked back.

You have 2 very much so collectable gas blow backs. I went to Gun Broker and sold my WA.

Heck I even still have my shell ejecting MP5K and 1911 offered by Daisy but manufactured in Japan.

If I could look back on my sales history for GB I would tell you what I got. I can not go back that far without paying a fee. I want to think something like a couple hundred for one back in 2017.
Thanks Matt! Appreciate the information. I remember when I first bought the WA it was definitely a game changer. I remember even going into skirmishes with just the two pistols. With the Prokiller being auto it was perfect for cqb. I still look at them and can't believe how close they resemble the 2011. I'll have to check out gunbroker.

Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:27 AM

It’s a niche market nowadays. I eventually just used them for dry fire practice or gave them away. I mostly had TM
Old 04-27-2020, 12:35 AM

Try HopUp. It's just a mobile app but it's all airsoft stuff.
Airsoft dork
How Useful Is Airsoft As A Training Tool?
Old 04-27-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamez View Post
Try HopUp. It's just a mobile app but it's all airsoft stuff.
Thanks. Will look into it
Old 04-27-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0ngerb0y View Post
Thanks Snacks! I appreciate the information.

I guess I'll try Craigslist and Ebay to see if I can sell the airsoft guns. I saw a posting for a single mag for a WA go for 70 so I was hoping I could get 150-200 for each pistol, but I guess I should start lower.

The TM MC51 i was hoping for 300-350, but you're probably right about finding a collector for the gun, so your information will make me reconsider offers now. Airsoft was definitely fun and like normal guns all the add-on and accessories definitely added up. I was still surprised that I had the boxes for the metal pieces and still have the plastic too. Let me know if your interested.

I was going to post here to see if there was any possibility of a trade too.

I remember back in the day it wasn’t unheard of to spend over 1k to pimp our an airsoft rifle. I know I’ve been there as well. Especially when TM rifles can start from 300-450$ for a base gun not including upgrades extra mags or batteries and chargers. Metal body kits depending on maker would be 150-300. Unless your buying one of the expensive prime kits or limited edition offerings.

For some reason I remember it being more fun back in the day where originality and pride of ownership meant something. Nowadays it feels like paintball. Everyone using the same rifles that pretty much look the same.

It’s still cool when you bring an old gun and people think it’s the newest out there but it’s actually an old school airsoft rifle.

In regards to the mc51. I just wanted the mbk to retrofit my sg1.

I know the last sg1 with a CA mbk sold for 200 on eBay. Best wishes for your sale. I no longer play. Would still tech for some of my friends but with the mentality of newer players just replacing a gun it’s not worth teching a gun. Hey just don’t care for the longevity of their rifles anymore. Well sorry for the rant

With the WA. I have seen the mags go for that high especially the 50 round mags
Biggest issue with the prokillers and any WA SVtype pistol is that the o ring on the feeding nozzle wears out too fast and he nozzle cracks. They no longer make replacement nozzles hence repairing one is difficult.

Most people have moved on to the TM hicapa due to its reliability but the parts don’t work like an SV which is so similar to a real 1911 in regards to tuning the trigger

I used to have a stock pile of parts. Used it up fixing my WA’s and buddies WA’s
Old 05-04-2020, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0ngerb0y View Post
Is there still a used market for japanese airsoft? It's been a while since I went airsofting after I got married and had a kid, and with the recent stay at home situation in CA I was able to clean out some of my airsoft guns.

Looking at EBAY there seems to be a market for a few things, but I thought I'd check here as well if anyone has had luck selling in the non firearms forums. Hoping someone here would make better use of them before going to craigslist, ebay or facebook.

I have 2 western arms 1911 pistols. One is a Prokiller Mark II and the second one is a WA Custom Hi Cap 45 (series 80 slide and SV competition frame) with extended mag release. When I look at these, it's amazing how advance airsoft was since these look just like the current 2011. The Prokiller Mark II is fully auto, while the WA Custom is semi auto.

I also have a Tokyo Marui MC51, which was converted with Classic Army G3 metal parts and with an extended fake silencer for more of a G3 look. No pictures yet, but will have some later.

Now that I have a child, I realized how expensive it is to raise a kid so these will have to go. Let me know if you have had any experience selling on either forum.

Thanks
I have 3 brand new GLOCK 19 Gen 3 gas blow back airsoft semi/auto pistols made by Stark Arms Vega Force Company (VFC) now Umarex, same manufacturer of the Elite Force Glock. The Stark Arms pistols have metal slide and barrel and are 100% exact replica of the real thing, all the way down to the Made in Austria Glock Inc. Smyrna, GA marks on the handle. Umarex manufactured them only to be sold in Japan before being licensed by Glock but now people prefer the new Elite Force because it say Officially Licensed by Glock on the handle. Go figure!

Last edited by SalfromCal; 05-16-2020 at 2:10 PM..