Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-16-2010, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

sorry to ask, but what do you mean "sponsored Orange?" Are people sponsoring other OCers to apply for the CCW permit?

I got my DMV driving record months ago. This morning I called HB police department to get a police report of a home invasion and called the OC sheriffs station this morning and spoke to Daisy (very friendly and helpful)....thought of 3 people to write me a letter...writing up a rough draft of my good cause letter...just getting all the paper work done to submit my CCW application in OC by end of Dec 2010 or early Jan 2011.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:17 AM

I have a question since I would really like to get a ccw, back in 1991 when I was 18 I was arrested and convicted on 2 misdemeanor counts.
1: Carrying a concealed weapon.
2: Carrying a loaded weapon in public.

I was sentenced to 20 days with no probation after time served and have not been in trouble with the law other than a few speeding tickets in the last 20 years. Would this prevent me from getting a CCW?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet4lifeOC View Post
sorry to ask, but what do you mean "sponsored Orange?" Are people sponsoring other OCers to apply for the CCW permit?
People are sponsoring their counties for pending legal action. In this case, the goal is the issuing counties compliance with the law, and just issuance. The Peruta decision hurt us, but the fight presses forward. Many people have signed up as stand by volunteers. As volunteers we are basically on stand by, waiting for the GO word to apply in mass. I encourage you to donate to the cause as well as sign up as a volunteer. Both can be done through the Calguns Foundation website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrolsguy View Post
I have a question since I would really like to get a ccw, back in 1991 when I was 18 I was arrested and convicted on 2 misdemeanor counts.
1: Carrying a concealed weapon.
2: Carrying a loaded weapon in public.

I was sentenced to 20 days with no probation after time served and have not been in trouble with the law other than a few speeding tickets in the last 20 years. Would this prevent me from getting a CCW?
I'm not sure if you are a prohibited person. It really depends on exactly what you were charged with. A good description of prohibiting convictions can be found at http://calgunsfoundation.org/downloa...angeCounty.pdf Page 16 begins prohibitions. There is also a ton of general information at http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...ccw-initiative
Best of Luck-
Brandon
Old 12-18-2010, 6:24 PM
Veteran Member

The big 21 is coming up for me, (in about 2 weeks) applying for a ccw is pretty high on my list. Should I apply or wait awhile?
Old 12-19-2010, 1:11 PM
Veteran Member

So flooding the OC sheriff department with CCW application is suppose to help? Personally, I think it would piss them off. Either way...should we apply or just wait for a set date to submit our application?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Wait until you see the list of known good-cause statements published. If your “good cause” is acceptable based on these standards, then you can apply. A subsequent denial would be grounds for an equal-protection lawsuit (see Team Billy Jack).

Otherwise, sign up as a volunteer with CGF and wait for your marching orders.
Old 12-20-2010, 2:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet4lifeOC View Post
So flooding the OC sheriff department with CCW application is suppose to help? Personally, I think it would piss them off. Either way...should we apply or just wait for a set date to submit our application?
M. D. Van Norman is correct, wait until we publish the known GC statements.

In terms of "pissing them off", this is about reforming the system. I'm not really concerned with how they feel about following the law.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

roger, OC standing by.
Old 12-21-2010, 9:39 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Same Time He Lets Me Back In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
So, GS, when are you going to let me and Brandon back on the CalCCW forum without being muzzled?
I saved my screen shot from the time he bounced me out. I show it proudly to any and all interested parties. At this time I know they don't want anyone but their own saying anything contrary to their opinion - afterall, unless you have partaken of the koolaid you are not one of them.

I just posted the following on the CCW donation page:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=353894&page=7

I am still waiting for the rest of OC CCW supporters to step up and put their money and time out here where we can all see it. For far toooo long there has been this collection of CCW holders and Instructors lurking here and spouting off on another site about what a "great" job they are doing and how they are leading the way.

No More!!

CALGUNS is doing it. I firmly believe that at this time CalGuns owns the CCW effort for the State and everyone should look to them for the experience and proper guidance from this time forward. Anyone else claiming to be in support of CCW rights and NOT supporting this effort loudly and CLEARLY, are in my opinion, full of hot air.

I may get a message from the Head Janitor on this, but I am tired of being the ONLY Vendor for OC. There are other Businesses, Gun Stores and Ranges, that need to be informed of their serious lack of support for this effort. I would hope that all those CalGun members in OC will stop by their locations, or send them emails, to let them know we, the business owners, have an obligation to you, our customers, to make sure ALL of your rights are protected and that you can exercise them to the fullest.

Gregg

NRA Supporter & Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 12-22-2010, 6:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Would donating more help move this along more quickly or is it the number of people who have volunteered that is holding things up? Is there a minimum number of volunteers needed to proceed?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:25 AM

ok i'M READY FOR THIS
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harris
Old 12-30-2010, 3:12 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I am still waiting for the rest of OC CCW supporters to step up

Gregg

CRPA Life Member
Old 12-30-2010, 8:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The holdup is currently OC Sheriff.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-01-2011, 5:46 PM
Veteran Member

I’m shocked.
Old 01-02-2011, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontargetrange View Post

On Target got it right! Come on OC. I'm broke as a joke, but managed to put aside $100. Everyone complained when Hutchins won election this last go around on the basis that she would not issue CCW's. NOW is your time to step up instead of just talking. These things are EXPENSIVE for the CGF to pursue. Put your money where your mouth is! I know you are shopping new guns, and ammo. Take a bit of that and invest in our right to self protection.
I'll get off of my soap box now, so you may all make your donations.
-Brandon
Old 01-02-2011, 3:18 PM

I am in and on board, but I am concerned that all the statements of cause from other counties seem to be from leos, or retired leos, or supreme court justices, a rancher with a thousand acres of land, ffl owners, etc. Respectfully, how are any of us regular people going to benefit from any of these "good" cause statements?
Old 01-02-2011, 6:49 PM
Veteran Member

We may or may not benefit from this information, depending on the specific county. It’s just one more piece of the puzzle, but it won’t complete the process for all of us.

Essentially, we will all know what the minimum “good cause” is for each county.
Old 01-07-2011, 1:12 AM

I donated my money - but never got my cool "sponsor" badge thingy.

More importantly - would like to know what's really going on with the CCW's in OC. We need more information. What is the status currently?
Old 01-07-2011, 8:46 AM
Veteran Member

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/ima...ies/Orange.jpg
Old 01-10-2011, 10:41 PM

I sponsored in December. Would gladly volunteer when the time comes.....two weeks?
Old 01-11-2011, 9:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I know this page is far into the interior of the blog, but this is a load of #@*& for ONLY one Vendor supporter so far.

Anyone reading this please talk with your regular store or range in OC and ask why they have not stepped up to the plate on this subject.

All of you CCW holders ask your past/current/future instructors why they are not listed?? I guess they really only care about this when you are standing front of them with dollar bills and they are the only ones that can sign you off.

Gregg

CRPA Life Member
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubz View Post
I recently received my CCW; submitted to OCSD in Dec. Gunslut's post earlier in this thread has the numbers.
BTW, +1 for On Target Range, excellent folks and resources there, just bought an annual membership there to support them.
link?
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harris
Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM

I posted this in another thread somewhere...

A doctor friend of mine recently received his CCW from the OC Sheriff. He is a resident of OC, and works in Riverside. His clinic was broken into several times and people have walked in off the street seeking drugs and threatening staff. So he had "good cause". In fact, I wrote him a "good moral character" letter late last year in support of his application.

The 2nd Amendment - The Original Homeland Security

WTB Colt Woodsman's, WWI/II 1911's, Walthers: P4 or P38 / IV (German or French), PP Super .380, PPK (German or French), TP, TPH (German only), S&W 547 9mm, Any DA .22 Magnum revolver. Colt .22 Diamondbacks, Courier, Banker's Spl.

FREE NRA FREEDOM ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - CLICK BELOW
https://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp
Old 01-26-2011, 8:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemaze View Post
A doctor friend of mine recently received his CCW from the OC Sheriff. He is a resident of OC, and works in Riverside. His clinic was broken into several times and people have walked in off the street seeking drugs and threatening staff. So he had "good cause". In fact, I wrote him a "good moral character" letter late last year in support of his application.
That's not exactly what we're trying to fight for here.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
--Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"
Old 01-27-2011, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
That's not exactly what we're trying to fight for here.
Yes, I totally agree that "shall issue" is the ultimate goal.

For now, this is what is happening in Orange County at least, and it's a heck of alot better than what is happening in Los Angeles County. Clearly, Orange County "will issue" given "good cause." There clearly should be uniformity within the law as for what "good cause" is defined as, and should be applied equally throughout all Counties of the state. Hopefully, one day soon, "self defense" alone will be enough to satisfy "good cause" throughout all counties.

The 2nd Amendment - The Original Homeland Security

WTB Colt Woodsman's, WWI/II 1911's, Walthers: P4 or P38 / IV (German or French), PP Super .380, PPK (German or French), TP, TPH (German only), S&W 547 9mm, Any DA .22 Magnum revolver. Colt .22 Diamondbacks, Courier, Banker's Spl.

FREE NRA FREEDOM ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - CLICK BELOW
https://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp
Old 01-31-2011, 9:30 PM

can anyone in here from orange county review my "good cause" letter and let me know if i have a chance.... i also have 3 letters from LEOs stating they feel i should be issued a ccw...thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 9:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
I recently received my CCW; submitted to OCSD in Dec. Gunslut's post earlier in this thread has the numbers.
BTW, +1 for On Target Range, excellent folks and resources there, just bought an annual membership there to support them.
It would help others to know what "GC" statement you used and background? (Citizen, Military, etc...)
Old 02-04-2011, 7:51 AM

Quote:
I'm a civilian.
It's not a matter of what good cause statement I used since it wasn't 'boiler-plate,' rather my GC was specific for me and my justifications for a CCW.

I imagine if you web search deep enough, you might be able to find good cause statements of others that were accepted/approved for a CCW, but then again, those statements were specific for the individuals applying.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the 'theme' of your good cause. Just wondering what OCSD might be looking for.

For me personally, I'm 27, with a wife and 2 kids, who I would like to protect. I am also a photographer, and regularly carry around $4k+ worth of equipment in a relatively small, easy to carry bag.

I'm assuming that OCSD doesn't accept self defense alone yet, but would something like carrying $4k+ of equipment on a regular basis be enough? And if it were, would it only be for while I'd be working, or could it be at all times?
“See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.” - Colossians 2:8
Old 02-04-2011, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRacer View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what was the 'theme' of your good cause. Just wondering what OCSD might be looking for.

For me personally, I'm 27, with a wife and 2 kids, who I would like to protect. I am also a photographer, and regularly carry around $4k+ worth of equipment in a relatively small, easy to carry bag.

I'm assuming that OCSD doesn't accept self defense alone yet, but would something like carrying $4k+ of equipment on a regular basis be enough? And if it were, would it only be for while I'd be working, or could it be at all times?
Just to point out how crazy Hutchen's CCW policy is, carrying 4k work of photography equipment might fly...but because you want to protect your wife and kids who are priceless that wouldn't. Just amazes me that there is more emphasis on personal property than lives. It's similar to people who carry large amounts of cash and get a CCW. Yet, if someone is stealing a 2k stereo out of a car you can't shoot them.
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigPea View Post
Just to point out how crazy Hutchen's CCW policy is, carrying 4k work of photography equipment might fly...but because you want to protect your wife and kids who are priceless that wouldn't. Just amazes me that there is more emphasis on personal property than lives. It's similar to people who carry large amounts of cash and get a CCW. Yet, if someone is stealing a 2k stereo out of a car you can't shoot them.
Exactly. That's one thing about our CCW policy that most people just don't seem to get.

In CA CCW's are issued in the vast majority in order to protect PROPERTY, not LIVES.

Then again.... Maybe you could bust out some old-school biblical stuff showing that your wife and/or daughter(s) are in fact property, and priceless, and maybe get away with it?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
--Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"
Old 02-07-2011, 9:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
Maybe you could bust out some old-school biblical stuff showing that your wife and/or daughter(s) are in fact property, and priceless, and maybe get away with it?
I lol'd haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigPea View Post
What about regularly carrying around a $4,000 handgun?
Will that fly? I wouldn't want someone stealing it while I'm transporting it

(No, I don't have a handgun worth that much haha).
Old 02-09-2011, 5:25 PM
Veteran Member

Are we mass applying to OCSD yet? Did you guys see the story about the woman that was almost raped in Laguna Hills a couple weeks ago? That was right by my house! I occasionally go for a walk late at night and there are some weirdos out here.

There are only 2 deputies assigned to Laguna Hills and half the time they're at 7-11 or a park chatting up all the other area units.
Old 02-10-2011, 7:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianguy View Post
Are we mass applying to OCSD yet? Did you guys see the story about the woman that was almost raped in Laguna Hills a couple weeks ago? That was right by my house! I occasionally go for a walk late at night and there are some weirdos out here.

There are only 2 deputies assigned to Laguna Hills and half the time they're at 7-11 or a park chatting up all the other area units.
Unfortunately I have not heard anything yet. I'm pretty sure it's going to be quite a while yet, for the OC. I'm expecting us to be one of the last holdouts. Probably not as much as LA, but probably pretty close.

I have a feeling that Hutchens is trying to get back at those who did not vote for her. The other two that ran for sheriff, ran primarily on a shall issue platform, and that pissed her off. So to get back at everyone who voted the other way, she's won't issue for as long as she can get away with it. This is just a guess, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.
“See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.” - Colossians 2:8
Old 02-10-2011, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontargetrange View Post
I know this page is far into the interior of the blog, but this is a load of #@*& for ONLY one Vendor supporter so far.

Anyone reading this please talk with your regular store or range in OC and ask why they have not stepped up to the plate on this subject.

All of you CCW holders ask your past/current/future instructors why they are not listed?? I guess they really only care about this when you are standing front of them with dollar bills and they are the only ones that can sign you off.
Hi Gregg,

I might be late to the party, but rest assured I will remember which businesses supported the effort and will conduct my next purchases accordingly. To my utter surprise I just found out that OnTarget is the only vendor sponsor in Orange County (and has been for quite a while, what are the others doing???). I guess that means an easy decision for me where to take my business to.
PS: Please let your staff know that they do an awesome job, always polite, knowledgeable, helpful and no FUD.

Best Regards,
RSC
Niven's law #4:
F x S = k. The product of Freedom and Security is a constant. To gain more freedom of thought and/or action, you must give up some security, and vice versa.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianguy View Post

the next day she was arrested for admitting her story was fake.

I would also like to know when we are flooding them or whatever the plan is. im in.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
the next day she was arrested for admitting her story was fake.

I would also like to know when we are flooding them or whatever the plan is. im in.
All that would do is drive up revenue for OC and we would still get a big NO.

I am really bummed.

I bet we won't get CCW until shall-issue is a state requirement via courts.
Old 02-11-2011, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnchors View Post

I am really bummed.

That's right. From what I gather among the other counties, this won't be a 'flood them until they cave' scenario. That will get us no where, fast. What the initiative is doing, is pressuring the counties to abide by the law, by approving applications with the same good cause as previously approved applications.

If they approve an application for self defense, then they can't deny someone who has self defense as their good cause, only on 'not sufficient good cause'. That person would have to be denied on the grounds of moral character, or prohibited person. Both of which are a little harder than good cause to have personal discretion over.

If they deny people like this, then that is grounds for lawsuits, and most counties don't want to get mixed up in that. However, ours probably will, unfortunately.

Be patient. If you've lived in Orange County your entire life (like I have), then you are somewhat used to the way things are. It shouldn't be much longer. But I would still guess at the very minimum, another 6 months. More likely a lot longer than that.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnchors View Post

I am really bummed.

from what I have put together is the OCSD and hutchens value property more than life.

Quote:
That's right. From what I gather among the other counties, this won't be a 'flood them until they cave' scenario. That will get us no where, fast. What the initiative is doing, is pressuring the counties to abide by the law, by approving applications with the same good cause as previously approved applications.

If they approve an application for self defense, then they can't deny someone who has self defense as their good cause, only on 'not sufficient good cause'. That person would have to be denied on the grounds of moral character, or prohibited person. Both of which are a little harder than good cause to have personal discretion over.

If they deny people like this, then that is grounds for lawsuits, and most counties don't want to get mixed up in that. However, ours probably will, unfortunately.

Be patient. If you've lived in Orange County your entire life (like I have), then you are somewhat used to the way things are. It shouldn't be much longer. But I would still guess at the very minimum, another 6 months. More likely a lot longer than that.
how is hutchens sheriff? I have not met a single deputy that likes her and half those guys refer to her as "the *****"
Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
how is hutchens sheriff? I have not met a single deputy that likes her and half those guys refer to her as "the *****"
Because sheeple blindly vote for the incombant. Doesn't matter that she was appointed. She didn't kill any puppies, so she's fine.
Old 02-11-2011, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Because sheeple blindly vote for the incombant. Doesn't matter that she was appointed. She didn't kill any puppies, so she's fine.
I loled, hard