Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Default fix it ticket question.

So my neighbor got a fix it ticket for his tail lights in LA county. He said the officer told him he had to get an LASD deputy or CHP to sign off on it, and they may require a fee to inspect the lights were repaired. The ticket has instructions that say "any law enforcement...something, something"

And we live in simi valley, ventura county. So who can he actually go to, and does anyone know about the fees? I just ask because he has a jacked up work schedule, and will have a hard time getting out there to get it signed off. Also, do you think he would have to make some kind of appointment?

Thanks. I was going to post this in off topic, but.....well, you know.
"Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
"Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Banned

go fix the tail lights, and go to ANY police station or sherriff station, and tell them you need something signed off, and they will go do it right then.

but when you go to the court, thats the fee there talking about, itll be like $25 bucks.

happy camping

Last edited by Kestryll; 08-19-2013 at 8:30 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Ok. Thanks. So would he still have to go to court if it gets it signed off before the date? I really didn't understand, or rather I don't think he understood what the officer was telling him. There is a little bit of a language barrier with the guy.

And the only reason I am involved is because i fixed it for him.
"Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM

I had a fix it ticket for my tires sticking out past the fenders of my Jeep. I had a SO out here returning some stolen property of mine and he signed it off. Mailed it in and had no charge of any kind.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
I had a fix it ticket for my tires sticking out past the fenders of my Jeep. I had a SO out here returning some stolen property of mine and he signed it off. Mailed it in and had no charge of any kind.
Thanks. Venturing off topic, but are you in California? I thought Arizona had a rule like that, but I didn't think CA did. My tires don't stick out of my truck much, but they do stick out.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Get it signed off anywhere, some places if you don't live there may charge you a couple bucks. Make a copy of both sides (in case gets lost the USPS system) and mail the original to the address on for the court. There should be instructions on the back of the ticket on what to do.

And yes Ca does have a law that your tires can not extend past your fender wells, without mud flaps, 27600 CVC.
Old 08-19-2013, 1:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Lots of uninformed fail in this thread.

Los Angeles County Courts require a "certificate of correction" issued by a law enforcement agency. They will not accept just having the tickets signed on the back by any random police officer. This is because of numerous incidents of forging LE info on the back and lack of means to verify.

LASD facilities charge $15 for the certificate. Last I heard, CHP still does them for free. That certificate is then taken to the court with the citation where the court charges $25 per violation to process.

Without the certificate of correction, the court will not process the citation.

Other counties are different.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor

Last edited by Ron-Solo; 08-19-2013 at 1:42 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post

Los Angeles County Courts require a "certificate of correction" issued by a law enforcement agency. They will not accept just having the tickets signed on the back by any random police officer. This is because of numerous incidents of forging LE info on the back and lack of means to verify.

LASD facilities charge $15 for the certificate. Last I heard, CHP still does them for free. That certificate is then taken to the court with the citation where the court charges $25 per violation to process.

I have gone to the CHP office by the 110/10 fwy interchange by downtown los Angeles, on two occasions, with the most recent being last year. Both were written off, with no fee by the CHP office. I did have to go to the court house and present the tickets to the clerk and pay the court fee.
Old 08-21-2013, 8:41 AM

Quote:

Thank you sir.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Hmmmmmm, don't know where that came from Ron. Maybe one particular court you dealt with prior to retirement perhaps. Fix-its have been signed off as recently as two weeks ago were accepted. Just a simple rubber stamp with the Sheriff's station, emp number and name sufficed.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 PM

Don't forget that LAPD is not allowed to sign off fix-it tickets.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Hmmmmmm, don't know where that came from Ron. Maybe one particular court you dealt with prior to retirement perhaps. Fix-its have been signed off as recently as two weeks ago were accepted. Just a simple rubber stamp with the Sheriff's station, emp number and name sufficed.
All of Court Services charges. The stations are supposed to charge. Some courts will accept the rubber stamp as being official, but Metro Court in LA will not. Just a signature and employee number won't cut it.

Before retirement, I supervised the following courts, all of which had the same policy: Metro, Hollywood, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, D95, Edleman, West Covina, El Monte, Alhambra, Pomona North, Pomona South. CCH, CCB, CCW, and CJAC didn't do inspections, they were all referred to Metro, which has a dedicated vehicle inspection area and deputy. All the courts in East Bureau also charged for inspections. We never used to charge until we absorbed the Marshals Department.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor

Last edited by Ron-Solo; 08-28-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
All of Court Services charges. The stations are supposed to charge. Some courts will accept the rubber stamp as being official, but Metro Court in LA will not. Just a signature and employee number won't cut it.

Before retirement, I supervised the following courts, all of which had the same policy: Metro, Hollywood, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, D95, Edleman, West Covina, El Monte, Alhambra, Pomona North, Pomona South. CCH, CCB, CCW, and CJAC didn't do inspections, they were all referred to Metro, which has a dedicated vehicle inspection area and deputy. All the courts in East Bureau also charged for inspections. We never used to charge until we absorbed the Marshals Department.
Never seen a fix-it ticket get rejected yet. Maybe just luck.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 PM

It seems like it sometimes comes down to which person is working at those particular windows/counters when you request someone for a correction and/or submit your completed paperwork. I've signed off cites in the field before but have told them that the court may require a stamp in addition to my signature/employee number and they might have to go into the station and possibly pay a fee to get that stamp. If they were cool and had made the effort to fix the problem(s), I didn't mind verifying the correction for their hopes of being allowed to process it without a stamp.

Last edited by Samuelx; 08-28-2013 at 1:03 PM..