Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-10-2010, 8:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

This one allows it too: http://suttersheriff.org/docs/ccw_app.pdf

Old 01-12-2011, 5:33 AM

The links to the DOJ Application (within this thread) are coming up 404 this morning. FYI....

Thanks.

Last edited by sacto929; 01-12-2011 at 8:52 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto929 View Post
The links to the DOJ Application (within this thread) are coming up 404 this morning. FYI....

Thanks.
Sorry, we're doing some maintenance. For now, try: http://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw_app.pdf

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM

istr it being mentioned that parts of the form are themselves illegal or unconstitutional. What is needed to clean up the form? Consider me volunteering, assuming I don't have to be a lawyer, to do research and/or make the new form. I don't tend to make things _pretty_ but they tend to be functional.
x7
Old 01-12-2011, 1:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrisnet View Post
istr it being mentioned that parts of the form are themselves illegal or unconstitutional. What is needed to clean up the form? Consider me volunteering, assuming I don't have to be a lawyer, to do research and/or make the new form. I don't tend to make things _pretty_ but they tend to be functional.
We need someone to make a candidate form with specific elements; someone can then make it "pretty".

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-15-2011, 3:46 PM

I am seriously considering getting this process rolling.

Any word on when the DOJ fillable form will be accessible again?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillaFunk View Post

See Brandon's post #43 where he's got a link to another version of the fillable form.

It seems that all of the county ccw initiative pages have bad links due to the maintenance issue Brandon mentioned. That's causing some confusion so I hope it gets fixed before long. Maybe Brandon has made a New Year's resolution of getting more sleep???
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillaFunk View Post

Finalizing legal review, should be soon.

Old 01-25-2011, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
You can't legally operate a vehicle while under the influence of legally prescribed Vicoden either. So you could go to the pharmacy and get your perscription, but just dont take one till you get home.
Where do you see that? I've been prescribed all kinds of pain killers and the information packet and warning labels on the bottle always say something like "use caution when operating a motor vehicle/heavy equipment" I mean, obviously, if you fail a field sobriety test, you're up ****'s creek, but you can fail a field sobriety test on account of being really tired.
Billy
Old 02-01-2011, 3:47 PM

Where is it required that section 7 exist? If self defense=good cause and the applicant has already listed any convictions why have an interview? LiveScan will reveal any legal problems.
Old 02-01-2011, 3:57 PM
Gun Runner to The Stars
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb7706 View Post
Where is it required that section 7 exist? If self defense=good cause and the applicant has already listed any convictions why have an interview? LiveScan will reveal any legal problems.
It isn't required by 12051 which lists out the requirements for the application. But it does say this:

Quote:
Applications for amendments to licenses, applications for
licenses, amendments to licenses, and licenses shall be uniform
throughout the state, upon forms to be prescribed by the Attorney
General. The Attorney General shall convene a committee composed of
one representative of the California State Sheriffs' Association, one
representative of the California Police Chiefs' Association, and one
representative of the Department of Justice to review, and as deemed
appropriate, revise the standard application form for licenses. The
committee shall meet for this purpose if two of the committee's
members deem that necessary.
If that committee could be convinced to drop section 7, it seems like it could go away.

Old 02-10-2011, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Lots of issues in there... let's get to work!

We'd like to:

a) analyze the form for errors, redundancies and illegal requirements, and
b) create an alternative which complies with the law.

Fillable PDF here.
This link is no longer working...I think it is the same link that is in the El Dorado thread I inquired about also...Does anyone have a working link to a fillable form? Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 9:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeferd View Post
This link is no longer working...I think it is the same link that is in the El Dorado thread I inquired about also...Does anyone have a working link to a fillable form? Thanks
This has already been discussed in this thread. Just a little ways up (post 47) I suggested to someone else that they go to Brandon's post #43) where he has a link to another version that can be used until they get the fillable one refined.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
This has already been discussed in this thread. Just a little ways up (post 47) I suggested to someone else that they go to Brandon's post #43) where he has a link to another version that can be used until they get the fillable one refined.
Found the new one...sorry for the repost!!
Old 02-15-2011, 4:26 PM

I've been poking around making a new form.

So far, I'm having trouble finding a decent (free) PDF authoring tool for this, and am considering copping out and making it a webform.
Old 02-15-2011, 5:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

PrimoPDF seems to work okay for me but I haven't used it extensively. They've had this form done but I think they are pursuing some legal matters on it before releasing a new version.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

FYI, all links should be back up with the improved document.

-Brandon

Old 02-25-2011, 7:52 AM

Improved? :-D How Improved ?
x7
Old 02-25-2011, 9:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Brandon, has there been any experience yet with someone using the sample responses? I'm just curious what kind of reaction a Sheriff might have.

My own situation last year was easy since I could just easily answer "no" though, obviously, I've had countless "incidents" with firearms where animals, tin cans, and paper targets perished.
Old 02-25-2011, 3:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
Brandon, has there been any experience yet with someone using the sample responses? I'm just curious what kind of reaction a Sheriff might have.

My own situation last year was easy since I could just easily answer "no" though, obviously, I've had countless "incidents" with firearms where animals, tin cans, and paper targets perished.
I have not heard of any circumstances where similar application responses were challenged by a licensing authority.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Something just occurred to me. The verbage on the standard form, i.e. Section 7 Good Cause Statement part:

Quote:
If the CCW license is desired for self-protection, the protection of others, or for the protection of large sums of money or valuable property, you are required to explain and provide good cause for issuance of the license.

So, does this mean if you want a CCW for some reason other than what they outline above, you should not have to provide any type of explanation?

Old 05-25-2011, 9:59 PM

all the fill-able forms have mispellings on section 7 question 3...... addicted is spelled addcited Illegal is spelled illgal.
Old 05-28-2011, 9:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Alex, those are part of the official form. I suppose Cal. State Sheriff's Association and Cal. Police Chief's Association didn't think many people would see this form and notice the mis-spellings.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM

make sure you folks have the right application. i was turned away today because the application i downloaded from calguns was not acceptable!

the gentleman at the sheriff's office told me to make sure to get it from DOJ or Sac County Sheriff's website.

i have to wait now another year before my initial interview, and this after already waiting 6 months.

while i was there another guy brought only his written statement....i am sure he was misinformed (not on calguns mind you) so do your research!

hope my misfortune will help out anyone reading this....these guys are booked out quite a ways so make sure your paperwork is in order.
Old 10-20-2011, 1:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We need to nail Sacto on this, totally unacceptable. Our form *is* the standard DOJ form.

PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holiday View Post
make sure you folks have the right application. i was turned away today because the application i downloaded from calguns was not acceptable!

the gentleman at the sheriff's office told me to make sure to get it from DOJ or Sac County Sheriff's website.

i have to wait now another year before my initial interview, and this after already waiting 6 months.

while i was there another guy brought only his written statement....i am sure he was misinformed (not on calguns mind you) so do your research!

hope my misfortune will help out anyone reading this....these guys are booked out quite a ways so make sure your paperwork is in order.

Last edited by wildhawker; 10-20-2011 at 1:36 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 1:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holiday View Post

Please PM wildhawker back with specific details of what happened.