Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Here are the brave volunteers who showed up to do the cleaning today (note - one Calgunner's fake identity has been suppressed and replaced with his TRUE identity upon request):

Tommygunr's crazy clown target he made:

One of the pumpkin targets, graciously provided by Tommygunr - with a bonus insect already attempting to feast on the innards:

Another pumpkin target, exit wound from .308 soft point:

Brake rotor target challenge (we took this home with us, of course):

Photo showing the exit holes:

Turby

Last edited by Turbinator; 05-03-2010 at 8:08 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Man I went there today but the ranger had no idea where you guys were what time did you guys leave?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollep3 View Post
Man I went there today but the ranger had no idea where you guys were what time did you guys leave?
We left around 5PM I think. What time did you arrive?

Turby
Old 10-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

2 where were you guys we ended up shooting at the first lower level to the right after the green gate
Old 10-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

I think some of you guys drove past me I was driving a white Acura rl and a silver ram drove past me and a white Sebring
Old 10-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Yup - those guys left early as they had to get outta there. We went a little further in, found a nice expanse for longer range shooting, and set up shop there. It would have been difficult to find us unless you knew to drive further in to look for us. Sorry we couldn't meet up...!

Turby
Old 10-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Looks like you guys did a good job cleaning up some stuff

Also looks like the playtime was worth it afterwards I wish I could of gone, had things to do and I decided to tighty up my room today as well

-Gio
Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

some pictures from our shoot

my buddy shooting the 50

Old 10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

the equipment

The Scenery

Last edited by evollep3; 10-17-2009 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

me breaking my collar bone

damn dust

Last edited by evollep3; 10-17-2009 at 11:33 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
I raked at least 75+ pounds of cases today and didn't even put a dent in the amount that is there. I agree with Mike we need a few more fall cleanings of the cases. If we all took a bag or two home with us it will help out. It's the scum bags that go and leave a fricken mess up there that will spoil it for all. Oh yeah Tommygunr had a really good idea and brought up a home made sled which he filled up down in the canyon and pulled it out with his truck. All was going good till one of the $3.00 ropes he bought broke. Luckly I just told David (doughboy334) to get away from the rope. It missed him by inches. But the sled idea worked good and we hauled a crap load of stuff out of the canyon. Heck we even got the Korean rocket and nose cone out that we launched at the last Pinata Shoot..... Later in the day the sled was a target at the 200 yard range we set up in the back.

ohhhh yea that was some good advice bob!

It was my first panoche trip, thanks for all the great directions I found it no problems. I'll get my pictures up in a bit, but I didn't take very many since I left early (3pm). It was great to meet you guys though, next time I'll make sure to have a more free Saturday. Sorry we didn't get to run into you envelop, that .50 looks like a blast. Hope you guys enjoyed shooting the M1 Garand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
Here are the brave volunteers who showed up to do the cleaning today:

Turby
Can you send me a high res version? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

Last edited by Turbinator; 10-19-2009 at 9:41 AM..
Old 10-18-2009, 8:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I think some of you guys drove past me I was driving a white Acura rl and a silver ram drove past me and a white Sebring
Hah, that was me coming down the access road and it's not a Sebring it's a Concorde. Yeah had to pull out early since my grandson was coming over. only got to shoot one round of shooting. But it was good to get out and do the clean up that was badly needed. Damn I missed the group photo...... Hey Turby can you photo shop me in?.... lol
Oh David, thanks a ton for letting me shoot your Garand, that is one neat rifle. Maybe some day I'll get one.

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan

Last edited by BroncoBob; 10-18-2009 at 8:43 AM..
Old 10-18-2009, 9:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Hah, that was me coming down the access road and it's not a Sebring it's a Concorde. Yeah had to pull out early since my grandson was coming over. only got to shoot one round of shooting. But it was good to get out and do the clean up that was badly needed. Damn I missed the group photo...... Hey Turby can you photo shop me in?.... lol
Oh David, thanks a ton for letting me shoot your Garand, that is one neat rifle. Maybe some day I'll get one.
That's really too bad you had to leave early but family is everything, so none of us blame you. Yeah, I can photoshop you in, I can just get your picture from the last shoot.

By the way, do your kids shoot at all? You planning on passing this along to your grandkids?

Turby
Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That's really too bad you had to leave early but family is everything, so none of us blame you. Yeah, I can photoshop you in, I can just get your picture from the last shoot.

By the way, do your kids shoot at all? You planning on passing this along to your grandkids?

Turby
Yeah my son who is in the army gets more then his share of shooting time...lol
He lets me know each time he gets to let off a three round burst just to piss me off.. He has joined us several times up at Panoche. Back just before the OLL thing took off I bought him a Bushmaster Carbon 15 top loader. He was taken back when I gave it to him. We still have it in my safe.
I have every intention to pass it on to my grandson. My whole collection goes to my son when I'm done.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
o well guys wish we could of meet up next time i brought a new member with me too
Old 10-18-2009, 12:18 PM

Damn... I wish I had read CalGuns Friday instead of today... I would have loved to join you guys. Drats!!!

-Chris
Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
Damn... I wish I had read CalGuns Friday instead of today... I would have loved to join you guys. Drats!!!

-Chris
Hey Chris, there was talk about you and your dragon car that you where building.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-18-2009, 1:33 PM

My pics. I didn't take any until I finished my shooting, I left the party kinda early at 3pm

Quote:
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

Last edited by Turbinator; 10-18-2009 at 9:01 PM..
Old 10-18-2009, 1:34 PM

Quote:

Last edited by doughboy334; 05-04-2010 at 1:05 PM..
Old 10-18-2009, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Old 10-18-2009, 1:40 PM

Wow those are some cool photos. I'll be able to make the halloween shoot in a few weeks so that should be fun. Maybe pick up some old pumpkins before they get smashed.

Looks like it's pretty easy to drive around out there. Must have saved Tommy from having to hike like he did at the last shoot.
Old 10-18-2009, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Hey Chris, there was talk about you and your dragon car that you where building.
Sadly, the PlayaLizard did not make it to Burning Man this year. The material I chose for the skin started breaking down in the heat, and it would have contaminated the playa with handful after handful of plastic fibers. We've started working on PlayaLizard 2.0, which will have a canvas skin; though I probably won't be able to take it out next year due to having a newborn and all.

-Chris
Old 10-18-2009, 4:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sadly, the PlayaLizard did not make it to Burning Man this year. The material I chose for the skin started breaking down in the heat, and it would have contaminated the playa with handful after handful of plastic fibers. We've started working on PlayaLizard 2.0, which will have a canvas skin; though I probably won't be able to take it out next year due to having a newborn and all.

-Chris
Wow, congrats dad! Hope all is going well with the new baby and mom.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-18-2009, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Wow, congrats dad! Hope all is going well with the new baby and mom.
Tristan isn't due until February, which will make him six months old when the next Burning Man hits. He'll be just young enough that we don't want to take him out, and not old enough that I can get away with taking off to party for a week.

But... I still have several months to shoot pinatas out at Panoche.

-Chris
Old 10-18-2009, 5:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Tristan isn't due until February, which will make him six months old when the next Burning Man hits. He'll be just young enough that we don't want to take him out, and not old enough that I can get away with taking off to party for a week.

But... I still have several months to shoot pinatas out at Panoche.

-Chris

Hey Chris, congrats anyway to you and mom. Time to start all the planning and purchases now as is always is the time flys by. Heck before you know it you'll taking him to Panoche and blasting those evil pinatas...lol
Check out the Nov. 7 zombie shoot at Panoche. Sounds like a blast, bummer I can't make that one. Oh I think those party weeks are in your past.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-18-2009, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

What? No buckin' Bronco at the Zombie shoot? What the buck? Sorry I missed the cleanup, The OT was too tempting. Now I may be able to afford the next shoot. I was thinking of you guys having fun every time I pulled the trigger on my nailgun. For 8 flippin' hours! If I don't get to shoot soon, I'll blow a gasket. Thanks for the pics.

What is that 50 cal doing to that AK anyways? Making 30-06's?

Last edited by diginit; 10-18-2009 at 8:10 PM.. Reason: almost 50 and stil can't spel
Old 10-18-2009, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
What? No buckin' Bronco at the Zombie shoot? What the buck? Sorry I missed the cleanup, The OT was too tempting. Now I may be able to afford the next shoot. I was thinking of you guys having fun every time I pulled the trigger on my nailgun. For 8 flippin' hours! If I don't get to shoot soon, I'll blow a gasket. Thanks for the pics.

Bummer I know! The up coming zombie shoot sounds totally insane. I was surprised you didn't make it to the clean up, but heck 8 hours of OT does make a difference.
Yeah Tommy could have used your help with his sled and I sure didn't see anyone bumpfiring either. It's kinda like your trademark for all shoots.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-19-2009, 9:41 AM
Administrator

By the way, Dough, it's time to clean your sensor

Turby
Old 10-19-2009, 9:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Can this dragon car handle potholes better than the Civic? hah hah

Turby
Old 10-19-2009, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Can this dragon car handle potholes better than the Civic? hah hah

Turby
Absolutely. I built it out of a Jeep.
Old 10-19-2009, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post

its not a ak really close tho its a Saiga 12 so i dunno even know what that offspring would be? 3" slug mating a .510 dtc.... hmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 10-19-2009, 3:18 PM
Calguns Addict

OK I finally got around to down loading my pics from Saturdays clean up.

Tommygunr's junk sled. Note the fuselage and nose cone of the Korean Rocket launched earlier last month. This sled idea was really great which cut a lot of time hauling junk out by hand from the canyon. Just to make it clear Tom used his truck to pull the sled up and out of the canyon.

Tom and David hauling the sled the last couple of feet to the pile of junk.

Tommygunr's clown target. Oh yeah I put a shot right through the left ear which exited out the right ear. Look to the left in the background is my set up of my active clay targets. Sure beats trying to see little fricken holes in paper. Hit a clay out it goes.

Tom and Greg unloading their vehicles as we get the firing line set
(picture deleted at request)

My set up for the 1 hour of shooting time.

Looking back at the firing line during lunch break. Hope I get everyones name correct. L to R; Steve, Chris, Ken and David.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan

Last edited by BroncoBob; 05-03-2010 at 7:49 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 5:23 PM

Hey Bob Cabela's has clays for $9 bucks for a box of 90. Want to trade some work for a box? I'm thinking of one of those stands you make for Panoche.
Old 10-19-2009, 5:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn556 View Post
Hey Bob Cabela's has clays for $9 bucks for a box of 90. Want to trade some work for a box? I'm thinking of one of those stands you make for Panoche.
Heck Scott, there is no way that I could accept a box of clays for a few minutes of cutting holes in a plastic sheet. I'll fab one up for you. Just have to figure how to get it to you. You'll have to get your own poles and nylon zip ties. Home depot has the poles in the garden dept.

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-19-2009, 5:38 PM
Veteran Member

i'll take abox
Old 10-19-2009, 5:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Heck Scott, there is no way that I could accept a box of clays for a few minutes of cutting holes in a plastic sheet. I'll fab one up for you. Just have to figure how to get it to you. You'll have to get your own poles and nylon zip ties. Home depot has the poles in the garden dept.
hey bob if you do make more i will pay you for your time to make one for me too for when i go to panoche
Old 10-19-2009, 6:11 PM
Veteran Member

some of you might not have seen this http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=232461
Old 10-19-2009, 7:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
hey bob if you do make more i will pay you for your time to make one for me too for when i go to panoche
PM sent

NRA MEMBER

Michael Reagan
Old 10-19-2009, 7:51 PM

ill pick a couple up. figure the next shoot we can bring everything out. Poles won't be a problem. I've got the zip ties.

I'll be driving through God's country shortly so I'll keep you updated.
Old 10-19-2009, 8:10 PM

Anyone have any action shots of me?

Quote: