Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-24-2013, 4:39 PM

Default Noveske Single Point end plate

I have a question I have searched and can't find an answer. Has any one installed a Noveske single point end plate on a Sig 556 PISTOL Any help is appreciated. If not what other end plate can you recommend (of course it would need to fit this pistol). I want a single point plate preferably centerd (I'm a left hand shooter). The stock setup is not cutting it and actually it's marring the receiver.

Last edited by Chief2Guns; 03-17-2013 at 8:13 AM..
Old 03-17-2013, 8:17 AM

Update. After 2 months of research I did not find any useful information anywhere about installing an end plate on a Sig 556 pistol. So I went ahead and experimented myself. Here is what I found. The Noveske end plate is not fitted perfectly to the end cap. However, it will fit if you file the tab down a bit. The best way to remove the end cap without damaging it is by having the correct tool. The holes on the end cap are 3/16 so, purchase a spanner wrench that has a 3/16 pin diameter up to 2 inch spread adjustable. I purchased a Williams spanner wrench made by Snap-On on Ebay for $25 dollars (you can find other brands cheaper). Before installing the end plate make the weapon safe. Then grab a buddy and have him hold the pistol between the legs with muzzle pointed down onto a couple rags as to not damage the muzzle break. Install the spanner wrench into the holes and put hand pressure on top and with the other turn counter clock wise to break loose (you can use a cheater bar to break). While unscrewing the end cap pay attention to a spring behind the end plate, the spring holds the receiver pin in place. Remove end cap plastic filler and save. Install new end plate in reverse order.
I had read that the end cap came with lock tight from factory but mine did not have any on it so, I did not put any on it when I reinstalled it. Something that I could have done to confirm the tightness of the end cap was to mark the cap to receiver and tighten passed the mark but at the time I did not think about it. Hopefully this information is useful to others. I have pictures but don’t know how to up load them.