Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-13-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Not required for renewals.

I went through the application earlier since I saw igs?s post about initial requiring references.
It's on the renewal application now.
Old 01-13-2024, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuster View Post

LOL they are reading this forum.
Old 01-13-2024, 7:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuster View Post
I expected Barnes to be more pro-2A. Alas...
Old 01-15-2024, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
I expected Barnes to be more pro-2A. Alas...
26202(b)(2) In-person, virtual, or telephonic interviews with at least three character references, at least one of whom must be a person described in subdivision (b) of Section 273.5, if applicable, and at least one of whom must be the applicant?s cohabitant, if applicable. For renewal applications, the licensing authority may elect to forgo this requirement.

The references requirement only goes together with the interview requirement. OCSD doesn't require interviews for renewals but they require references for renewals? That's not even legal.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igs View Post
26202(b)(2) In-person, virtual, or telephonic interviews with at least three character references, at least one of whom must be a person described in subdivision (b) of Section 273.5, if applicable, and at least one of whom must be the applicant?s cohabitant, if applicable. For renewal applications, the licensing authority may elect to forgo this requirement.

The references requirement only goes together with the interview requirement. OCSD doesn't require interviews for renewals but they require references for renewals? That's not even legal.
You?re making sense of SB2?

SB2 is not even legal. So I doubt its implementation was well throughout.

iTrader
Old 01-15-2024, 2:35 PM
Supreme Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaIadin View Post
I sadly have to announce that FAST OC will be shutting their doors as of 2024.

I had the pleasure and privilege to have Lance Boland as my renewal instructor twice and it's a loss to the gun community to see him move on to other parts of him life and our country.

In the end, it was not SB 2 that did them in but the influx of new gun owners and their ignorance as well as attitude.

I wish Lance the best in his life's pursuits.
Really sad to hear this. I took many classes with Lance. Great guy, taught me a lot.
Old 02-13-2024, 6:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Friend of mine:
11/10/23: Added new gun (p320) using Permitium
2/3/24: received call to pay for it.
Close to 3 months. Of course this was through the BS2 period so they must have been overwhelmed.
Old 02-13-2024, 1:18 PM
Veteran Member

So what is the deal with the approved trainers now? The guy that did all of my renewals in the past is no longer qualified under the new requirements if I understand it correctly. Is there a list of trainers that are qualified? Thanks, Bob
Old 02-14-2024, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

My renewal is due in oct. I wanna add my hellcat to my permit but looks like its taking 3 months for an addendum as well as 3 months for a renewal. Doing an addendum appears to be the exact same process as a renewal with submitting all those documents again which is bizarre. Debating on now if i should just do a renewal instead 8 months early.

Rock out with your Glock out
Old 02-14-2024, 6:03 PM

I don't think the addendum will take 3 months at this point in time. The end of the year was a mess with parts of SB2 taking effect. I guess we will see. I added and dropped a gun about 2 weeks ago so I am in the cue. The only document I remember uploading was the training certificate for the added gun. The rest is filling out the online forms which is a little confusing the way they have it set up. You have to re-enter all firearms, calibers, and serial numbers of everything currently on your permit as well as add the new one. It's much cleaner to just do all this at the renewal.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
My renewal is due in oct. I wanna add my hellcat to my permit but looks like its taking 3 months for an addendum as well as 3 months for a renewal. Doing an addendum appears to be the exact same process as a renewal with submitting all those documents again which is bizarre. Debating on now if i should just do a renewal instead 8 months early.
Unless things have changed, I don?t think you can do a renewal 8 months prior to expiration. I think you can only renew 120 days prior to expiration at the earliest.
Old 02-16-2024, 1:49 PM
Supreme Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob76 View Post
So what is the deal with the approved trainers now? The guy that did all of my renewals in the past is no longer qualified under the new requirements if I understand it correctly. Is there a list of trainers that are qualified? Thanks, Bob
I'm kind of in the same boat. The USCCA website is actively accepting reservations for an 8 hour virtual class with range qualification at Evans, presumably that is compliant. I will probably end up doing that.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob76 View Post
This is the training providers list posted on their website. It appears to be last updated in June 2023.

https://www.ocsheriff.gov/sites/ocsd...0Providers.pdf
Old 02-23-2024, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecal4jaspreet@yahoo.com View Post
This is the training providers list posted on their website. It appears to be last updated in June 2023.

https://www.ocsheriff.gov/sites/ocsd...0Providers.pdf
Thanks very much!

Last edited by bigbob76; 02-23-2024 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: mistake
Old 02-24-2024, 10:16 AM

Has anyone applied for a RENEWAL since the new SB2 requirements took effect January 1st? Is OCSD requiring the three character references and psych evaluation for renewal apps?
Old 02-24-2024, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcasa View Post
Has anyone applied for a RENEWAL since the new SB2 requirements took effect January 1st? Is OCSD requiring the three character references and psych evaluation for renewal apps?
I have, character references yes, not heard anything about psych evaluation. My application is still in process.
Old 02-25-2024, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecal4jaspreet@yahoo.com View Post
I have, character references yes, not heard anything about psych evaluation. My application is still in process.
On the character references: is there a ?form? provided by OCSD or a list of requirements, or did you simply get three people (including your spouse if appropriate) to write a brief letter saying you are a responsible and law abiding person who is also mentally stable?
Old 02-25-2024, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcasa View Post
On the character references: is there a ?form? provided by OCSD or a list of requirements, or did you simply get three people (including your spouse if appropriate) to write a brief letter saying you are a responsible and law abiding person who is also mentally stable?
On the online application you have to provide name, Phone number and address of three references and one has to be your spouse. Did not ask for a letter.
Old 03-07-2024, 4:42 PM

Cool >>> Super Easy Renewal (Orange Co. CCW) <<<

I received my renewal CCW card in the mail recently. I've had my CCW since 2017 and this was by far the easiest renewal yet.

Besides the typical copies of utility bills (proof of residency), driver license, and photo, all that was left was a training course. I did that on a weekend day, shooting the three guns on my permit. I went home and submitted the certificate online and by Monday morning I received a phone call that my renewal was approved and was asked to pay the fee. Two days later, my card arrived in the mail.

Goodbye Good Cause statement!

Happy Carrying!

.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.

Last edited by Mag+1; 03-07-2024 at 9:00 PM..
Old 03-07-2024, 8:47 PM

My renewal also got approved.
Old 03-11-2024, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

The question came up previously, but it was never answered with a confirmation. But has anyone sold a firearm on their license without removing the firearm from the license with a license amendment before the sale?

Or has anyone sold a firearm on their license and never made an amendment after the sale?
Old 03-11-2024, 8:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
The question came up previously, but it was never answered with a confirmation. But has anyone sold a firearm on their license without removing the firearm from the license with a license amendment before the sale?

Or has anyone sold a firearm on their license and never made an amendment after the sale?

It was a few pages back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
Question regarding selling a gun currently on your permit?

I did the process for an amendment June 24th to drop that gun and add another. But I have a feeling it will take months. My question is: does the gun need to be off the permit to sell it?

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Nope. And you don?t really need to worry about an amendment to your license except to eventually keep records straight. If you don?t own the gun you can?t carry it so it doesn?t matter if it?s on your license.

The new buyer?s DROS will hit the Registry faster than the IAs notice of change.
I have sold guns on my permit. I will remove them when I renew. No need to amend unless you?re adding new ones.

iTrader
Old 03-12-2024, 9:24 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks 9cal! My seachfu is lacking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post

It was a few pages back:

I have sold guns on my permit. I will remove them when I renew. No need to amend unless you?re adding new ones.
Old 03-12-2024, 9:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
Yes.

What's the practical value of removing the sold gun from CCW? If the gun is used in a crime, the last record of sale is the proof of the ownership transfer. CCW is irrelevant.

Last edited by riderr; 03-12-2024 at 9:59 PM..
Old 03-16-2024, 5:52 PM
Veteran Member

Noted. Thanks all. Once again the brain trust has come through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2024, 2:37 PM

Question about adding a gun to an existing CCW. I understand I need to fill out the entire app again, but are there things that can be skipped when you're just adding a gun? Specifically, do I need to upload proof of residency documents, photo ID, head shot photo, etc.... or JUST the qualification certificate? Also, do I need to give references and if so will they be calling all of them?

I wish they had a separate app for adding a gun, seems silly to have to fill out everything again when I've already got a permit.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
I wish they had a separate app for adding a gun, seems silly to have to fill out everything again when I've already got a permit.
The last time I added a firearm to my CCW was in 2018. At that time, we just had to complete a short correction form. Of course, proof of proficiency with that firearm was required.

.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.
Old 03-18-2024, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Question about adding a gun to an existing CCW. I understand I need to fill out the entire app again, but are there things that can be skipped when you're just adding a gun? Specifically, do I need to upload proof of residency documents, photo ID, head shot photo, etc.... or JUST the qualification certificate? Also, do I need to give references and if so will they be calling all of them?

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Somewhere in the process of filling out that app again it asks you if you are adding firearms. From there it takes you in a different direction with the information you need to provide. You're not going to be uploading anything other than the training certificate for the added gun in the end when you submit it.
One major pitfall I was told to be aware of is that when adding that new firearm, you need to re-enter every single gun and serial number on your current permit as well as the new one. If you just give them the one gun, they make take everything else you previously qualified with off your permit.