Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 05-23-2018, 7:13 PM

Default Kydex Holster suggestion

Apparently my Bianchi leather holster is no bueno for firearms training at Frontsite...they told me to get a Kydex OWB for my Glock 22 but there are several. How do ya select the best one? Price is not a concern, just want one that'll work well for training and maybe in the backcountry as well (although I may stick with my Bianchi there. Make & model recommendations appreciated.
Thanks!
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Last edited by BC9696; 05-23-2018 at 9:18 PM..
Old 05-23-2018, 7:31 PM

Check out the ‘$40’ holster from the Glockstore.com
Old 05-23-2018, 7:36 PM

Bladetech or safariland have been good to me
Old 05-23-2018, 9:51 PM
In Memoriam

+1 on the Bladetech and Safariland. I use both in IDPA and USPSA.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:21 PM

Another vote for Bladetech. Always my first choice for OWB if they make a model for your gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2018, 12:23 AM
Calguns Addict

I highly recommend these guys located in Oceanside, California. Great custom work. Made custom Kydex for my both P226mk25's, my HKVP9's back when no one else had anything for those guns. I also use them for several other guns. Great customer service , lifetime guarantee, customization features like mounting system, cant etc... They have made all my kydex holsters and mag carriers. They made custom sheaths for several knives for my tactical weapons instructor as well.

USMC veteran owned and a dog lover too.

http://www.zzzcustomholsters.com/

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 05-24-2018, 4:56 AM
Veteran Member

The $40 holster from the glock store and it rocks. It rides very nice on the hip and the mention is great.
I have a blade tech also and I won't be using it anymore
Old 05-24-2018, 7:09 AM

blade tech is a great choice. However if you want something that will last forever and much stiffer, check out red hill tactical. Every holster is custom made and you can get double thickness kydex.
Old 05-24-2018, 8:32 AM
Veteran Member

There are a number of reasons to encourage students to have simple holsters that allow easy un-holstering and re-holstering.
I suggest the Uncle Mikes Kydex that comes with either a paddle attachment or belt slide. Typically around $20.00

Uncle Mikes Holster-Press Me

Dont let the inexpensive price fool you. I routinely encourage students to purchase this brand since it is very secure and easy to use. The low cost allows you to use it effectively for that class and have a much better idea of alternatives that you may or may not viewed others using in class.
They are secure and capture the trigger guard area like most do.

If you are like most firearm owners who enjoy drawing from a holster you will most certainly acquire a number of different holsters as you develop your own needs.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:48 PM

comp tac is another good choice

their international holster is compatible with most belt and attachment systems.
i.e. PLM, ELS, etc..
Also comes with a slip-on, pass through, and drop down attachments

just keep in mind, if you order directly from them,
it's about a 2 week lead time.
- all their holsters are built to order
Old 05-28-2018, 11:01 PM

I use the Safariland ACS with my Glock 19's and 17's, belt not paddle, and I like it.

NRA MEMBERSHIP

GOA MEMBERSHIP

Old 05-29-2018, 9:55 AM

Safariland als holster owb. You can get them for $45 and them come with belt and paddle attachments
Old 06-19-2018, 8:11 AM

Ended up using Bravo Concealment...very comfortable and light. Thanks guys.
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.
Old 06-19-2018, 9:47 AM

Default Raven Concealment Systems

I have been a big fan of the RCS kydex holsters for quite some time. I have several for my railed and non railed frames. Believe they were the Phantom line.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Waiting to get my G26 out of jail so I can take an advanced class with it.

I have IWB holsters for CCW, but needed an OWB for a class....went with the most simple Glock Sport Combat holster for $13 on Ebay. It gets good reviews for such a simple cheap holster. I figure I'll only use it maybe once a year anyway....

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020
Old 06-20-2018, 5:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I highly recommend these guys located in Oceanside, California. Great custom work. Made custom Kydex for my both P226mk25's, my HKVP9's back when no one else had anything for those guns. I also use them for several other guns. Great customer service , lifetime guarantee, customization features like mounting system, cant etc... They have made all my kydex holsters and mag carriers. They made custom sheaths for several knives for my tactical weapons instructor as well.

USMC veteran owned and a dog lover too.

http://www.zzzcustomholsters.com/

+1 on ZZZ great guys, have made several custom rigs for me.