Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 05-23-2018, 2:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr View Post
Thank you. It is apprecited.
Very much so!
Old 05-23-2018, 5:55 PM

thanks PA good to go!
Old 05-23-2018, 10:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How can we verify military status without sending a copy of the federal ID?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:54 PM

I've been quite pleased with all my transactions and customer service interactions with PA. I do wish they offer free shipping from time to time. Shipping kills most of the deals they have.
Old 05-24-2018, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh1 View Post
Please email me directly with the details. If we have CS reps making **** up that won't fly!!
I was told that anyone with a CA billing address could not order 11+ round magazines regardless where the SHIPPING address was. Myself and many others often order mags and have them sent to a Bad Element CO LLC for blocking to 10 rounds and legal importation to CA. I sometimes do the blocking myself if I am out of state on business. Reasons include cost, function, and lack of 10 round mags on many types of firearms.

All perfectly legal according to the currently established CA law.

I was told by PA reps that your company will not do this as it is against CA law and PA policy. I asked for a specific citation of California law that refers to billing address restrictions. I was told that there is no law, but some anonymous rep at CA DOJ said so. I challenged this assertion as most CA DOJ reps are not legal experts, nor are they consistent in the info they give out. Ironically I was told the same thing about people claiming to be attorneys on a message board.

Overall CA DOJ reps typically has no idea what is going on with regard to firearm law, and you can get 3 answers from 3 reps on any given day. A lot of opinions get throw around.

I cited the draft magazine regulations and the mention of legal mag blocking options.

I vote with my wallet, and these business get none of my money when they make up restrictions beyond even our insane laws.

I placed my order elsewhere, and will be selling my 2 4-14 FFP ACSS HUD DMR scopes, 3 PA advanced red dots, and 5 2.5x and 3x ACSS optics.

If there is a specific law prohibiting this activity please make us aware as many people in CA do this regularly.
Old 05-24-2018, 6:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
How can we verify military status without sending a copy of the federal ID?
Send a email to info@primaryarms.com from your military email address
Old 05-24-2018, 6:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam6955 View Post
I was told that anyone with a CA billing address could not order 11+ round magazines regardless where the SHIPPING address was. Myself and many others often order mags and have them sent to a Bad Element CO LLC for blocking to 10 rounds and legal importation to CA. I sometimes do the blocking myself if I am out of state on business. Reasons include cost, function, and lack of 10 round mags on many types of firearms.

All perfectly legal according to the currently established CA law.

I was told by PA reps that your company will not do this as it is against CA law and PA policy. I asked for a specific citation of California law that refers to billing address restrictions. I was told that there is no law, but some anonymous rep at CA DOJ said so. I challenged this assertion as most CA DOJ reps are not legal experts, nor are they consistent in the info they give out. Ironically I was told the same thing about people claiming to be attorneys on a message board.

Overall CA DOJ reps typically has no idea what is going on with regard to firearm law, and you can get 3 answers from 3 reps on any given day. A lot of opinions get throw around.

I cited the draft magazine regulations and the mention of legal mag blocking options.

I vote with my wallet, and these business get none of my money when they make up restrictions beyond even our insane laws.

I placed my order elsewhere, and will be selling my 2 4-14 FFP ACSS HUD DMR scopes, 3 PA advanced red dots, and 5 2.5x and 3x ACSS optics.

If there is a specific law prohibiting this activity please make us aware as many people in CA do this regularly.
I am checking on this now and will come back with a update. In the past the interpretation was that we are selling to a CA resident we are at risk no matter where it was shipped. Our FFL ATF compliance person is digging in on it.
Old 05-24-2018, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
http://www.primaryarms.com/military-and-le-pricing

Here's our page regarding military and LEO pricing. There's a form you can fill out right there.

Some of you may not realize that the sales emails we send to California are special, we put extra effort in on them. It stinks to get an advertisement full of products that you can't buy. The sales emails for California are carefully checked for legality and they include Cali-specific products that we carry just for you guys.

I know California shooters feel abandoned by a lot of the industry, but we haven't abandoned you, in fact we put in extra effort to cater to you guys specifically.
FYI, there's no form on this page. That's why we asked.
Old 05-24-2018, 6:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneeasy View Post
FYI, there's no form on this page. That's why we asked.
Scroll to the bottom of this page

http://www.primaryarms.com/military-...rcement_signup
Old 05-24-2018, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Heartthrob View Post
I Love PA I just wish they would do free shipping site wide from time to time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
They're calculated shipping prices are already super low and accurate as it is. They just lose money if they don't charge shipping on their already low prices.
Old 05-24-2018, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock3ralex View Post
They're calculated shipping prices are already super low and accurate as it is. They just lose money if they don't charge shipping on their already low prices.
Thanks! I ordered plenty of times with shipping included. It was just a suggestion "from time to time"..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bob_Heartthrob; 05-24-2018 at 7:11 AM..
Old 05-24-2018, 7:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I call bs too. PA has always been extremely supportive of ca. I believe the owner mentioned that he lived in ca previously and Understands how ridiculous our state is. As far as 10+ capacity magazines, that is nothing new.. ca has been extremely aggressive with magazines and magazine parts in the not so distant past and took legal action against some companies including some vendors here. It was an expensive witch hunt for many so I can understand the sensitivity. Optics planet has been a bit excessive in their policies but pa has been extremely supportive to us in these dark times. Pa will continue to get my dollars.
Kevin
Old 05-24-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit that I'm blind, a little deaf too, but I'm not seeing it. help me out?

Are you showing something different on your screen? I see the get connected part where I can sign up with my email address, but nothing else. Under programs I see the link for military and LE pricing. When I click that, it brings me to the same page again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (12.9 KB, 304 views)

Last edited by someoneeasy; 05-24-2018 at 11:04 AM..
Old 05-24-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit that I'm blind, a little deaf too, but I'm not seeing it. help me out?

Are you showing something different on your screen? I see the get connected part where I can sign up with my email address, but nothing else. Under programs I see the link for military and LE pricing. When I click that, it brings me to the same page again.
You can also just contact them. Then they'll connect the discount to your account on there.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:

Shoot us a email to info@primaryarms.com but this is what I see at the bottom after clicking the we salute you banner at the bottom of the home page

Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Shoot us a email to info@primaryarms.com but this is what I see at the bottom after clicking the we salute you banner at the bottom of the home page

will do. I definitely don't see that at the bottom of the page. I even copied the link you gave and it redirected.

Even clicking on the banner on your homepage sends me to the same page I've been getting.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2018, 12:15 PM

i got the same thing that PA posted. I get there from the link you quoted and from going to the home page and clicking the "we salute you" banner.

weird. Maybe clear your cache?
Old 05-24-2018, 2:27 PM

Never had a problem with PA. they ship fast and to me the shipping is very reasonable
Old 05-29-2018, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbo80 View Post
But you can sign up with them as a veteran, active duty or LE/fire/emt, and you get blanket 10% off on most non-sale items and free shipping every order.
Does PA still offer free shipping with mil/LE accounts?

I noticed that when I go to checkout (but before hitting submit order), the only free shipping option is local pickup in Houston and the cheapest option is FedEx SmartPost.
Old 05-29-2018, 4:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_DC View Post
Does PA still offer free shipping with mil/LE accounts?

I noticed that when I go to checkout (but before hitting submit order), the only free shipping option is local pickup in Houston and the cheapest option is FedEx SmartPost.
LE discount does not included free shipping.
Old 05-29-2018, 1:05 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I am checking on this now and will come back with a update. In the past the interpretation was that we are selling to a CA resident we are at risk no matter where it was shipped. Our FFL ATF compliance person is digging in on it.
Update. Our National Shooting Sports Foundation rep has connected us to their contact at CA DOJ. We are waiting for her response to the mag question.
Old 05-30-2018, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Update. Our National Shooting Sports Foundation rep has connected us to their contact at CA DOJ. We are waiting for her response to the mag question.

FYI: I had the same issue just today with GrabaGun being initially *shy* in regards to sending a 30 round magazine to a California addressee but after I explained it will be permanently altered to 10 rounds prior by a FFL in Arizona they succumbed to reason and shipped the item to me.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
The CA DOJ response is consistent with our last inquiry. if we sell to a CA resident and they do something wrong with them, they will go after us as the source.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:34 AM

Using that logic nobody anywhere, could sell anything, to anyone. Sorry still not buying it. PA is the first business to claim CA DOJ input on the topic, and I just DO NOT BELIEVE YOU. Any day of the week you can call CA DOJ 5 times and receive 5 different answers. They do not LEGISLATE the law, nor are their customer service reps trained to give legal advice.

But feel free to make up whatever bull **** excuses you want. At least other companies man up and say “no the law is vague and we won’t risk it sorry.” Until there are some actual DOJ contacts posted that we can verify with, this is to be considered a big load of crap.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Using that logic nobody anywhere, could sell anything, to anyone. Sorry still not buying it. PA is the first business to claim CA DOJ input on the topic, and I just DO NOT BELIEVE YOU. Any day of the week you can call CA DOJ 5 times and receive 5 different answers. They do not LEGISLATE the law, nor are their customer service reps trained to give legal advice.

But feel free to make up whatever bull **** excuses you want. At least other companies man up and say “no the law is vague and we won’t risk it sorry.” Until there are some actual DOJ contacts posted that we can verify with, this is to be considered a big load of crap.
I do not lie. I don't like turning away business. We used the NSSF to get us in contact with CA DOJ and got a response.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Amrs, LLC
Old 06-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Responding again from my personal login. As I stated above I do not lie and have always gone out of my way to give straight answers on the boards. We went out of our way to clarify and my answer is accurate. This was from a NSSF contact not a casual phone call. If they have an investigation that involves illegal mags entering CA and we are the source by selling to a CA resident even if shipped somewhere else we will be held accountable.
Contact me at: Marshall@Primaryarms.com

Last edited by marsh1; 06-04-2018 at 11:46 AM..
Old 06-04-2018, 12:03 PM

Well you may not have lied specifically, but you confirmed that your reps did. They asserted that CA DOJ told PA the action in question is NOT LEGAL. I can forward the emails if you would like. No discussion of “holding the selling party accountable.”

Also, nobody is discussing illegal importation of standard capacity magazines. So I assume you are referring to magazines ILLEGALLY converted back to full capacity? This is assuming this is even possibly as many vendors use epoxy or JB Weld to ensure the dloorplate cannot be removed without destruction. If this is such a concern to CA DOJ, then why have they been silent for so long on the topic of “permanently modified?”

I will answer for you: Because criminals are not buying magazines online, spending the time and money to have them blocked, and then imported to CA.

This whole argument is very weak, especially considering you sell all kinds of firearm parts that could EASILY be used for a CA illegal firearm, or even an altogether illegal firearm in the USA. Are we to believe the DOJ will only come after you for LEGALLY blocked mags?

If what you claim is true then again, no vendor anywhere will sell anything to anyone in CA.
Old 06-04-2018, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Well you may not have lied specifically, but you confirmed that your reps did. They asserted that CA DOJ told PA the action in question is NOT LEGAL. I can forward the emails if you would like. No discussion of “holding the selling party accountable.”

Also, nobody is discussing illegal importation of standard capacity magazines. So I assume you are referring to magazines ILLEGALLY converted back to full capacity? This is assuming this is even possibly as many vendors use epoxy or JB Weld to ensure the dloorplate cannot be removed without destruction. If this is such a concern to CA DOJ, then why have they been silent for so long on the topic of “permanently modified?”

I will answer for you: Because criminals are not buying magazines online, spending the time and money to have them blocked, and then imported to CA.

This whole argument is very weak, especially considering you sell all kinds of firearm parts that could EASILY be used for a CA illegal firearm, or even an altogether illegal firearm in the USA. Are we to believe the DOJ will only come after you for LEGALLY blocked mags?

If what you claim is true then again, no vendor anywhere will sell anything to anyone in CA.
N

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2018, 7:51 PM

Default **IGNORE: OVER** - Primary Arms: Memorial Day Sale

Quote:
The CA DOJ response is consistent with our last inquiry. if we sell to a CA resident and they do something wrong with them, they will go after us as the source.

Please define “ ...do something wrong”.

So your logic dictates, come January 1, 2019, if someone purchased a simple AR 15 trigger (or even one of your popular red dots from your establishment) and installed on a rifle that included a 80% lower that has no serial number - the CADOJ will also go after you since are the source of parts that made it a functional rifle?!

Careful, as your argument you just provided is a slippery slope, that will leave you no other choice but to stop selling to California customers for fear of being sued !

If that is the case then, the CA anti 2a crowd has won! This is a sad and disappointing but not totally unexpected response ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by supernachos; 06-04-2018 at 7:56 PM..
Old 06-04-2018, 8:11 PM
Banned

@PrimaryArms/Marsh1. Will you have
ETS Glock 18 9mm 31-Round Transparent Red Magazines in stock anytime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2018, 3:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We ship thousands of orders into CA. We produce separate ads every week for CA highlighting CA specific items that our buyers source.
This has always been our direction relating to shipping hi cap mags purchased by a CC with a CA billing address and shipped out of CA. Our recent inquiry reinforced that. We will continue to support CA and ship anything we can into your state.
Contact me at: Marshall@Primaryarms.com

Last edited by marsh1; 06-05-2018 at 9:30 AM..