Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-11-2013, 6:54 AM

Default HS 11590 Registrant

Ive been asking around my dept and no one understands what this does. I understand you have to register upon moving into the county or city but what else happens? Ive heard it can affect receiving state aid but what specifically does it do in terms of negative repercussions? Can I arrest for violating the terms the same as a PC 290 being out of registration? Is it a yearly registration thing like PC 290 or a once in a life time thing? Does it apply per residence you move to or just the county or city? Im curious because I see it all the time but theres little info on it and barely nothing on Google other than the definition. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2013, 8:03 AM

The applicable sections are H&S11590-11595. Registration is within 30 days of taking up initial residence and 10 days for a change. Reg involves prints and photos at the local LE dept. Reg is requirement terminiates 5 years after discharge (i.e. parole/probation). Failure to comply with registration is a misd under H&S11594.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Thanks! Any other negative repercussions?
Old 08-12-2013, 1:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

yes...

you'll come up in the local RMS and all the department Big Game hunters will start picking dopers off the house as they leave.

but, that's it.
Old 08-12-2013, 3:04 PM

The public assistance issues don't involve 11590, they relate to drug related felony convictions. Any conviction involving sales, transport, distribution, manufacture, cultivatation or using a minor for drug trade is a disqualifier for both food stamps and CalWorks cash aid (old AFDC). Arrest AND conviction has to be after 08/26/1996 for stamps, conviction only for CalWorks cash after 12/31/1997. A "simple possession" conviction is still a disqualifier for CalWorks cash but they can get stamps if they "pinky swear" they don't use dope any more.

Last edited by 1-M-42; 08-12-2013 at 8:28 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM

Thanks 1-M-42. So simple possession of say meth is not enough for 11590? Just curious, I hear these things through dispatch and no one questions them and their meaning other than thinking "tweeker". there has to be more to the registration than giving cops the heads up there dealing with a doper.
Old 08-13-2013, 3:08 PM

Oh no, you can get 11590 requirements for any drug related conviction if I'm not mistaken. I was trying to clear up what you mentioned about state aid, that has no connection to the 11590 status, only to actual drug related felony convictions. In Sac County they must register but as far as I know there is no one that tracks them as one would for a 290.