Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 03-30-2014, 9:49 AM

Default The process

I sure wish we had a sticky with details of the entire process of applying for a LTC in Orange County.
A complete "How To".

I know they dropped the firearm inspection requirement.

Can someone please correct the following -

1. Request an appointment to submit the application.

2. Attend the appointment with entire application filled out but not sign anywhere, 2 copies of DL, 2 copies birth cert or passport and the originals, 2 passport sized photos, 2 proofs of residency (utility bills, mortgage, rental agreement) and DMV print out? Make sure you give them an e-mail address.

3. Answer the interview questions, sign the application when asked to, get finger printed and photographed.

4. Wait for processing, expect your neighbors to be questioned to identify you. This the residence check.

5. Expect a preliminary approval to get a Livescan done. Pay you about $125 Take the 16hour taining now.

6. You will be notified when to come get your license.

"A free society asks not why people want or need their freedom. It asks why government would restrict it."

Last edited by TheWoodCrafter; 07-18-2014 at 6:28 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 9:54 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This is another 'it depends on the issuing agency'.

You can count only on the existence of the steps in the Penal Code; everything else is local 'trim'.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-30-2014, 9:54 AM

The process varies (a lot) depending on your issuing agency
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
Old 03-30-2014, 9:58 AM

Sorry.
I didn't qualify this with the county.
You are right, I'm sure it varies.

I am located in Orange county.

"A free society asks not why people want or need their freedom. It asks why government would restrict it."
Old 03-30-2014, 10:01 AM

It even varies in the same county. For example Fresno PD's requirements are different from Fresno county Sheriff.

The best place to get the process is to check your issuing agencies web site or call them.
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
Old 03-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

Check my post in the "share your experience" thread
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=912905
Old 03-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Calguns Addict

For these kinds of questions, everyone should put their IA in the title. There are so many generic questions that a lot of people start ignoring them. If they see the county, those with specific experience will often answer.