Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 12-31-2013, 6:15 PM

I'm really happy to see all of the responses in this thread. I hoped to open up a good title for discussion and it worked. There has been allot of information dispersed and outside of indirectly being called an a-hole and an idiot for simply posing a question (never said this is how I would do things), I'm glad to see it garnered some decent interest. There are tons of examples of guys actually behaving this way on youtube. My point was to see what it was like from an Officer's point of view and learn from it. I was not disappointed.
The title of this thread was used to hook you and peak your interest into submitting a valid comment. Never said it was how I operate. Fwiw
Old 01-03-2014, 7:57 AM
Veteran Member

If I had a CCW I would hand it with my paperwork and let the officer know right away that I had a concealed weapon. Logic would dictate that an officer would feel more comfortable working with such an individual because he knows of the rigorous loops that need to be jumped through to get such a license. I could be wrong of course.
Old 01-03-2014, 7:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotshotgun? View Post
If I had a CCW I would hand it with my paperwork and let the officer know right away that I had a concealed weapon. Logic would dictate that an officer would feel more comfortable working with such an individual because he knows of the rigorous loops that need to be jumped through to get such a license. I could be wrong of course.
Or he can se it ats a threat. Their attitude many times depends on the car that went before you!
Old 01-03-2014, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
Me neither
Nor I... I've received 8 tickets in my lifetime (beaten 7 in court). Despite never catching a break from a LEO, I would never be anything else but polite and respectful. I accept that LEO's have a crappy job a lot of the time, and that me being an arsehat certainly won't help the situtation. I know my rights, and often times know the laws better than the LEO I am talking to, but I just don't see where the one-inch cracked window and "Am I being detained?" with a video camera rolling makes any sense at all. You have the right to remain silent, at most, exercise that, but only in the most unusual of circumstances (or if you've just committed a crime and got caught). Take your ticket like a man and fight it in court if you believe you were wronged.
Old 01-03-2014, 8:11 AM
Banned

Don't go out of your way to be an oddball. You don't need a printed statement and you don't need pre-prepared verbal blanket verbal statements.
You will be asked for DL, registration and proof of insurance. Present them, don't volunteer any information, and answer any questions politely and honestly.

That is all.
Old 01-03-2014, 8:19 AM
Calguns Addict

You'd think so, wouldn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotshotgun? View Post
With the (hated by so many) police of Metro and NLV I've never had a problem. They have always been civil and easy to deal with in my experience. When I give them my license and permit they ask where the handgun is then tell me to leave it there.

NHP is different. One officer was like above but proceeded to lecture me about why 'mere citizens' should not have guns and wrote me a ticket for something I didn't do, thereby proving he is a lying Sack of S...

Years later I get a ticket for speeding while passing -- the (had to be somebody's nephew - totally inept clown) Keystone NHP officer disarmed me and left my unloaded pistol in the bed of my pickup. Then I got a lecture that the speed limit applies when passing in the left lane. Last words to me after handing me the signed ticket were to speed up a when passing so I don't spend too much time facing incoming traffic and to wait for him to get down the road before retrieving my handgun.

Yeah -- I will never again give the NHP my permit.

Last edited by Kestryll; 01-03-2014 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: not land -- lane
Old 01-03-2014, 8:30 AM

Edit: I am deleting my post. I did not intend to violate the rules of this thread or this forum. If anyone took offense from my statements, I apologize. I'm here to participate, not to offend or start arguments.

Cheers.

Last edited by Mister Coffee; 01-04-2014 at 6:35 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
In Memoriam

How about some people read the rules of this forum before chiming in with their nonsense?

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 01-03-2014, 2:01 PM

Deleted by author.

Last edited by Mister Coffee; 01-04-2014 at 6:32 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 12:20 AM
In Memoriam

Check out the sticky at the top of the forum, or here is a link:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=171278

It can save you from a ban.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor