Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-12-2013, 2:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7m8jg View Post
This law will go nowhere. Thought up by those ignorant of the Constitution and precedent - covers most of those in Sacratomato.
This proposed L.A. City ordinance doesn't have to go anywhere.

The same provisions are already in place in state law.

We've had some lively discussion in other threads concerning Nuisance Magazines and the legal status of the state statute authorizing seizure and destruction.
Old 03-16-2013, 2:59 AM

First reaction is this is another example of why one should not live in Los Angeles. Second reaction is this is a prime example of what is wrong with California these days.
I love this state. I think it the most beautiful place in the world. But it drives me bananas that it has become populated by people who care not for freedom.
Old 03-16-2013, 7:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdd View Post
This has been discussed before. A nuisance is a civil action. You can't get arrested for it.
If one of us stole a citizen's legally owned private property and had it destroyed just because we didn't like it, we would be held liable and probably be criminally charged. This should be no different if a government agent did the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 03-16-2013, 7:41 AM

I just want to throw out to all of those that continue to say don't live in LA or move out of California or move to a better neighborhood.

Each of us does what ever it takes to feed our families and make a better life for our children. When we swear the oath and go to other countries to fight it is for the United States as a whole not excluding California or LA etc. If a family has spent a life building equity in a home and rising within a company the option of moving is not always real.

I lived in a lot of places not so good while climbing the corporate ladder location was not a choice.

I can't understand how you decide where a person lives is their fault and they should move to fix a problem.

It is what it is folks I guess people could own nothing and look to the government for their income and move anytime they want.

Rant Off.
Old 03-16-2013, 9:01 AM

They dont care if it's legal or not. They just want results and if they can confiscate as much as they can knowing that this is just an excuse to get into the doors to remove firearms or magazines they will come up with laws as much as possible in order to get rid of arms from law abiding citizens not caring if they have them arrested or not.

They are "caring" for the law abiding by taking away their dangerous weaponry and they fill that they are doing them a favor.
Old 03-16-2013, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

We will fight them all the way but we really need to remember these things come election day. VOTE THEM ALL OUT OF OFFICE!

Former Front Sight Commander Member
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer
Old 03-16-2013, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
I was advised at CCW class to NOT carry mags over ten rounds, even if you have legal ones that are larger. Why? Because of this.

YES it is illegal. But....
YES you will get arrested;
YES you can lose your CCW;
YES you may get cleared in court, but
YES it will cost you time, money, and heartache to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdd View Post
This has been discussed before. A nuisance is a civil action. You can't get arrested for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
If one of us stole a citizen's legally owned private property and had it destroyed just because we didn't like it, we would be held liable and probably be criminally charged. This should be no different if a government agent did the same.
What a non-sequitur. I was responding to the idea that the person who possessed the standard mags could not be arrested for simple possession. The state law allows confiscation as a civil action brought by the state or local government.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I was advised at CCW class...
Why does this kind of sentence always end in FUD?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettoPhilosopher View Post
No ****.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM

OK I need concrete confirmation... this 'public nuisance stuff is BS.....

Basically I have used up all my 10 mags for a certain rifle due to me wanting to keep them more original and since there are no real viable 'bullet buttons' for them, I have had to make them 'fixed' .... So all I have left are preban mags of STD 20 rd capacity ,most with clearly worn finishes and some dents.... So the couple rifles I have made 'featureless' now have to use these since I believe 10rd mags are either not being made any more OR are STUPID $$$$$$. Since I have kept them as original as possible, they are too long to fit in my vehicle where I have to have them.... otherwise they are in cases on the floor behind the front seats... kind of pisses off the back seaters

I also have to say that when I found out about this , I was floored... just 'love' the way crap get s instituted and you find out the 'hard way'....

Frikkin DOUCHE BAGS every single one of the turds running this place... public servants huh??? Thin they need like 10 lashes each to remind them WHO they ACTUALLLY work for...

Thank you guys, I have read all the posts and links, just want extra confirmation....

'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM

Wow, we r sacked here in LA. both leading city attorney candidates are ANTI GUN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-19-2013, 9:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettoPhilosopher View Post
No, the entire issue ends in FUD, but the cops can still haul you in. It is the COPS who teach the class and the COPS who tell you what they will haul you in for. The fact that you are right and they are wrong does NOT mean your day will not be ruined just the same.
Old 03-21-2013, 9:33 AM

CCW class usually ends up in FUD, that's true. But it is good to know the perspective (however wrong it might be) of people who would be enforcing the "law" on you.

Also, can someone catch me up to speed on Trutanich? Is he anti-gun now or something? I thought he was the Savior of the 2nd Amendment in CA a few years ago...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Old 03-21-2013, 4:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Man View Post
It is time to deflate completely. Our governing powers no longer have any credibility.
But they get away with all they do.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

COPS are not lawyers. COPS regularly violate peoples' rights. COPS may haul you in, but THEY will go for a ride (as long as you really didn't break the law).

If you want to avoid risk, carry unicorn horns and glitter. Otherwise, know the law better than the cops - and when to STFU. Oh, and this.

-Brandon

Quote:
No, the entire issue ends in FUD, but the cops can still haul you in. It is the COPS who teach the class and the COPS who tell you what they will haul you in for. The fact that you are right and they are wrong does NOT mean your day will not be ruined just the same.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:00 PM

Quote:
I was advised at CCW class to NOT carry mags over ten rounds, even if you have legal ones that are larger. Why? Because of this.

YES it is illegal. But....
YES you will get arrested;
YES you can lose your CCW;
YES you may get cleared in court, but
YES it will cost you time, money, and heartache to do it.
NO if pre-ban it is not illegal to posses
YES you might get arrested, however a DA would be unable to issue based on lack of corpus
NO you would not loose CCW unless charged and convicted (go back to previous YES
YES you would be cleared in court if it gets that far
YES it may cost time and money
BUT it will cost only if you fail to pursue the false arrest and or wrongful prosecution.
Bottom line know the laws and stick up for yourself.
PS: CCW classes are supposed to inform you as to the state of the law, the state of the law is no deep dark secret read it yourself.

Bought an M&P 15-22 last month and they tried to make me sign a statement verifying that I was aware that a bullet button was required. Kind of tired of so-called experts in these gun laws not knowing squat.
Old 03-26-2013, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Man View Post
Lordy cakes! The government is truly out of control. With all their problems, they want to confiscate magazines, and Carmen Trutanich, a politician we were told to support, spearheads the movement? I thought when you became a lawyer you took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States?

Listen to this. Advance it to 10:15. Its an interview of Dr. Paul Craig Roberts former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration.
Old 03-28-2013, 8:00 PM
Calguns Addict

The 20 and 30 round magazines are the normal standard capacity magazine for the AR. The normal standard capacity magazine for the AK is the 30 round.
Old 03-28-2013, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I was reading a "standard magazine" thread on Officer.com and it seems to be the case that most of the Officers there seem to think possesion of a + 10 round magazine is unlawful. Its insane how many LEO's don't seem to know the law. We seem to be dammed no matter what we do.