Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-13-2017, 4:34 AM

Default San Bernardino CCW HELP!

Hi,

I have a few questions in regards to the CCW application in SB.

I've noticed on their form that they want specific information for "good cause". It seems odd that they are asking that after hearing SB Sheriff on a video saying that "personal protection" is counted as good cause.

On the form also they are asking about driving record, employment history and they are going to do a credit check. Now my only concern about these 3 that my record is not the best for credit, employment history, and driving record. Will they consider these for "good moral character" and cause the application to be denied?

If someone could shed some light for me on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Also if you have any suggestions and tips for getting a CCW in SB, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks

Last edited by BigGuns!; 07-13-2017 at 4:36 AM.. Reason: Adding extra question
Old 07-13-2017, 4:47 AM

Check here, everything in the world you could possibly think to ask is in there.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352781
Old 07-13-2017, 2:28 PM

Thanks, i'll dig in to see if i can find something related to my questions.
Old 09-30-2017, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

"Now my only concern about these 3 that my record is not the best for credit, employment history, and driving record. Will they consider these for "good moral character" and cause the application to be denied? "

I suspect you already know the answer....IMHO, one should not put in until they are confident they will be granted approval. Otherwise, the next time you apply, you will have to add an explanation about the prior denial. It will be hard to explain that you could not manage money or keep a job, or drive within the law, but you still want the Sheriff to give you a permit.

My suggestion would be to hold off until you can show that you can manage normal life within societal bounds for 5 or 10 years.

Last edited by Jeepergeo; 09-30-2017 at 6:34 PM..