Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 02-24-2014, 7:11 PM
King- Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
Well lets see, I got $62 million for shareholders of a company by dialoguing on the internet, so pretty damn good.

What else you got?

Pump and dump?
Old 02-25-2014, 7:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripon83 View Post
I'll be honest and say I did not expect it to go from 19.2 to $22, but I will reiterate that I would never invest in PMs. I will hold the PMs I need for SHTF and recommend that to all. I still don't see it as a shinny year for shinny things.
I hear ya. I wouldn't invest everything in anything.

I was expecting this to go up a bit faster but it's interesting how PM's are just kinda standing pat (with nominal adjustments here and there).
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 02-25-2014, 8:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'll be honest and say I did not expect it to go from 19.2 to $22, but I will reiterate that I would never invest in PMs. I will hold the PMs I need for SHTF and recommend that to all. I still don't see it as a shinny year for shinny things.
http://www.finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=GC&p=d1

I think you're going to be shocked that we hit that $1,550 zone where the hammer of manipulation sucked all the physical out of the weak hands last year. $1,500 May and mid $1,600's should be no problemo imo holding mid year once a few traders take their small gains. It's then on to over $2,000, maybe even this year for the Chinese holiday season?

Without central banks selling their stash they have left, demand now is much more than supply. Also you can feel the beginnings of major inflation and a shift to dispose of FRN's.

I have a target of $2,400 at any time given the state of global finances. It will hold................

You can't print the kind of funny money we have and not expect REAL money to gain price and popularity.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Silver is a great hedge...
Gold is better if you can afford the gap!
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 02-25-2014, 1:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Those gambling on the printing should realize the printing is going down; and with it will go commodities. (stocks first though)
Old 02-26-2014, 6:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Correction? Silver down .70 cents an ounce in one day?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Correction? Silver down .70 cents an ounce in one day?
With JP Morgan holding more silver than anyone ever, I would think it prudent to be very careful in that metal if your looking for price appreciation. One of the reason I believe we see 1 to 100 Gold/Silver ratio someday. I will probably be a seller of my Sterling Silver for scrap price should we ever hit $30 and buy more Gold.

I bet they could drive it down pretty far over a few months if they wanted.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article44278.html
Old 02-26-2014, 12:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

money never becomes more valuable over time its just the way money works

loans work because you are getting money now and are paying back later with money worth slightly less to make up for the interest

but with record low interest rates the tail may be wagging the dog and making money stronger but over time this trend cannot last
Old 02-26-2014, 4:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Don't have a link, but was intrigued by a radio report on Gold in the financial reports today. Only 7 of the world's 40 largest central banks added more gold to their holdings last year and of those only Russia was a large one. The amount of gold purchased by central banks in 2013 was 10 or 15% less than in 2012.

It would seem as America finally stops its printing (metaphoric) press of new money into the system that deflation realities are about to come up us; and if that truly is happens - commodities won't fare well at all.
Old 02-26-2014, 5:04 PM

Commodities won't fare well? In relation to what? A fiat paper currency? Probably not. But who cares if you hold the right commodities. A pound of rice will still have value to its holder and if I have enough to share, I'll bet most people will be more than willing to part with significant quantities of gold or silver or precious stones to get it.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 02-26-2014, 6:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't have a link, but was intrigued by a radio report on Gold in the financial reports today. Only 7 of the world's 40 largest central banks added more gold to their holdings last year and of those only Russia was a large one. The amount of gold purchased by central banks in 2013 was 10 or 15% less than in 2012.

It would seem as America finally stops its printing (metaphoric) press of new money into the system that deflation realities are about to come up us; and if that truly is happens - commodities won't fare well at all.
I think we both know, the Feds will never let deflation (even though there is good and bad deflation) happen. They simply print. Deflation is the end all and recovery would be decades.

The trillions was printed and given to the banks which caused stocks to rise, interest rates to lower and housing to recover. Had the money gone to every tom dick and harry we would be looking at some major inflation right now.

The problem now is the destruction of the dollar because of the printing. We see a shift of all players getting their rightful share of the worlds true currency (gold) in the ushering in of a NWO global currency. The Jack Boots and our loss of freedoms is the mighty hand that will guide us into this new era. We see smart money (or big money) buying physical assets and stocks while the little guy is further burdened with escalating costs to big brother for his acquisition of those boots and the robots that wear them.

The writing is on the wall, there really is no denying it, the middle class has and will be decimated to being debt slaves.

Gold may not be the answer but it sure is funny they ain't giving it away and never have. I would much rather bury it where they never find it and flip them the bird when they come a calling to tell me "that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." I hope I die of old age before that happens because I might just go out in a blaze of glory, which could be a tough sell to Christ?

Last edited by sixoclockhold; 02-26-2014 at 6:48 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 8:25 PM
Banned

John B Wells show Caravan to Midnight now that he was canned from Coast to Coast has former banker "V" on for an hour. He did say buy lead, heh heh

Good informative interview:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CTMDaily?feature=watch

episode 13
Old 03-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Calguns Addict

I would have to think that Russias antics and obummers incompetence should lead to a spike for metals / oil tomorrow? I will watch and see if that's true. I guess some could expect the opposite but usually turmoil causes commodities to rise.
Old 03-02-2014, 1:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
I would have to think that Russias antics and obummers incompetence should lead to a spike for metals / oil tomorrow? I will watch and see if that's true. I guess some could expect the opposite but usually turmoil causes commodities to rise.
I wouldn't bet on it. When the Russian invasion hit the wires the S&P sank like a rock only to be brought up by HFT desks and the plunge protection team. They also hit Gold hard, can't have the lemmings think Gold is money, but the dollar sank which won't be to bad for all our exports, lmao DEBT.
Old 03-02-2014, 2:17 PM
Veteran Member

I think it will be gold up and stocks down tmw. Gold is simply a fear trade.
Old 03-02-2014, 3:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post
You sure like to sweat the small price movements, the trend is (rightfully) down and that downtrend remains intact. Everything else is just noise.
Up $100 since this comment. So I guess the world is fearful the Dollar has lost it's status?

$1,500 May............................................... ...............
Coming to a Gold Buffalo near me !
Old 03-02-2014, 7:42 PM
King- Lifetime

Quote:
Up $100 since this comment. So I guess the world is fearful the Dollar has lost it's status?

$1,500 May............................................... ...............

Coming to a Gold Buffalo near me !

So be honest. You work for people that sell gold right?

Or was I correct about the pump and dump guess previously?
Old 03-03-2014, 6:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
So be honest. You work for people that sell gold right?

Or was I correct about the pump and dump guess previously?
Nick I have no reason to lie, I'm a maintenance contractor of 36 years and I'm stacking PM's because I think the Dollar has run its course and I want to cuddle with them in my old age. I DCA every month with left over money. I got completely out of debt and downsized for my retirement in 39 months.

See that? Gold is up $24 bucks....nice, before long we will be at the price this thread started at. I'll still be a buyer.

1 day after this thread started Gold was at $1350, we are at that today and can just as easily hit $1480 in one day like they crushed Gold in a day.

Last edited by sixoclockhold; 03-03-2014 at 6:53 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 10:23 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Please explain how DCA works to your advantage while riding the price of Gold from $1800 down to $1200.

Dollar Cost Averaging is a Myth perpetrated by those who make a living from commissions on your multitude of periodic transactions.
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php
Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
Please explain how DCA works to your advantage while riding the price of Gold from $1800 down to $1200.

Dollar Cost Averaging is a Myth perpetrated by those who make a living from commissions on your multitude of periodic transactions.
You sound like sour grapes. I wouldn't buy gold when it was $1,800's, thought it risky. I began this time after the first lows rebound $1,180 and actually purchased as high as $1,425. My average is below todays price and dealers will always expect the vig, just like I expect to get paid for my work.

But what goes down, like Gold, usually goes back up, so an average price of say $1,400 under your scenario is better than $1,800 if your a long term holder. See you can buy more when it's cheap with discretionary income, so you do if your into Gold. It didn't stay at $1,900 long so if you shot all your wad there....bummer for you.
Old 03-03-2014, 3:14 PM

Might hop into SLV or GLD this week. Play the fear short term.

Deterrence, Not Disarmament, Ended the Cold War.
Old 03-03-2014, 6:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Too late

Obazma will get this off the agenda quickly, and there will be no fear long term. The bounce on Monday was most mild. I don't see the Ukraine holding up PMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYMOUNTAIN View Post
Might hop into SLV or GLD this week. Play the fear short term.
Old 03-03-2014, 8:21 PM
King- Lifetime

Quote:
Nick I have no reason to lie, I'm a maintenance contractor of 36 years and I'm stacking PM's because I think the Dollar has run its course and I want to cuddle with them in my old age. I DCA every month with left over money. I got completely out of debt and downsized for my retirement in 39 months.

See that? Gold is up $24 bucks....nice, before long we will be at the price this thread started at. I'll still be a buyer.

1 day after this thread started Gold was at $1350, we are at that today and can just as easily hit $1480 in one day like they crushed Gold in a day.

So, your dollars are buying less and less gold every day?

Why not buy rental home after rental home and borrow the money to do so?

The tenants pay your loan off.

The rent goes up as dollars are worth less.

Your loan principle goes down twice as fast.

When the loan is paid, you have a greatly appreciated asset that continues to provide cash flow.

And how did a maintenance contractor make millions for his company posting online?
Old 03-04-2014, 8:27 AM
Calguns Addict

I'm definitely buying a couple hundred more silver for the stash. Best pricing in months. Might wait for it to just a bit lower...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Old 03-06-2014, 9:55 PM

I believe that we should see metals starting to go a lot higher in the second quarter. The public can't keep blaming the cold weather for the bad economic data that's been coming out. I like how everyone said that the "unexpected" bad data is because of the bad weather, but don't they expect it to be cold in the winter months? Anyways, those who understand, keep doing what you're doing. Don't follow the crowd, as they are all walking towards a slaughterhouse.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Calguns Addict

If you follow the curve PM's never go down...
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-07-2014, 7:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Farmland Rules

My favorite is farmland. Just hard to come buy

Quote:
So, your dollars are buying less and less gold every day?

Why not buy rental home after rental home and borrow the money to do so?

The tenants pay your loan off.

The rent goes up as dollars are worth less.

Your loan principle goes down twice as fast.

When the loan is paid, you have a greatly appreciated asset that continues to provide cash flow.

And how did a maintenance contractor make millions for his company posting online?
Old 03-11-2014, 6:15 PM
Banned

Gold had a nice little jump tonight almost hitting $1,360, falling back some now but the Golden Cross event is coming rapidly which I hope will give it enough go go juice to hit $1,400. Golden Cross is where the 50 dma crosses the 200 dma to the up side, signaling strength for now.

$1,350 has been the barrier to beat and if this can hold tomorrow, it's dance party USA.

Come on Silver, we ain't gonna totally leave ya.

Last edited by sixoclockhold; 03-11-2014 at 6:17 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 7:05 PM
King- Lifetime

Ooooh, pretty metal precious...
Old 03-12-2014, 5:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ooooh, pretty metal precious...
Exactly, add a little more thank you, $1,368
Old 03-15-2014, 7:28 AM
Banned

I'll just place this here:

$1,383
Old 03-15-2014, 7:46 AM
King- Lifetime

Did you win yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2014, 8:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think it will be gold up and stocks down tmw. Gold is simply a fear trade.
Who did the Romans fear? They used gold everyday.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
Who did the Romans fear? They used gold everyday.
Too funny.

How'd using gold work out for them?
Old 03-20-2014, 9:34 AM
King- Lifetime

3 week low. Interest rates are going up. Ruh RO!
Old 03-20-2014, 9:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Too funny.

How'd using gold work out for them?
From about 250BC through AD453, pretty good.

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
3 week low. Interest rates are going up. Ruh RO!
Certainly not a good week for the metals, than again, higher rates would kill the already sagging RE market and that bubble popping sends us into maybe Harry Dents so called deflation?

Metals today are much easier to liquidate for Green even at depressed prices than a home nobody wants.

Trouble may be brewing all across the board.

I'm not going to be fooled here in that the dollar is rising. Many before have speculated that is what you would see as global assets are dumped in dollars. Wall of worry ????

Last edited by sixoclockhold; 03-20-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 12:27 PM
King- Lifetime

My Crystal ball sucks. But having a variety of assets seems to work pretty well.

Yet IMO, income generating assets will trump everything else long term. The reason is simple. Those assets won't really care what is the currency du jour. You will still get paid and keep said asset.

If you need to sell something to profit, it's not the best investment IMO. It's just inventory.
Old 03-20-2014, 5:03 PM

Yes. Up and down. In 20 years it will be up for good
Maybe sooner.
Old 03-21-2014, 7:37 AM

Any tips on where the best place to buy online is? Between minimum orders, shipping and what not the prices over spot are often misleading.

Mostly interested in gold / silver.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.