Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 5:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks95134 View Post
As long as you don't get hurt at work, just hand over the money, and don't try to be a hero.

Your boss obviously does not trust you, nor does he/she want to pay the additional insurance for allowing anyone to be armed at work.

Too bad. A business decision, I suppose.
Yeah because we can rely on the bad guy not to be violent :<(...It's not a boss decision it's a corporate CYOA move. They would rather you die than risk a lawsuit by some ambulance chasing lawyer. This is the reason I left the retail work and entered the Security field LOL it's safer..

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoDoug View Post
Use of deadly force is not only for protecting your own life. It applies to others too. You can legally use deadly force to protect another person from death or grave bodily injury. In such a case, you would "fear" for their life.
Read this....

The Law of Self Defense: The Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen, 2nd EditionPaperback

by Andrew F. Branca

http://www.amazon.com/Law-Self-Defen...f+Self+Defense

This will have you reconsidering shooting to save others lives....

Some situations are very clear... some aren't

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Old 04-08-2014, 5:24 PM

Keep it hidden. **** corporate. Back in January if anyone remembers a OReillys employee in Antelope being killed during a robbery, yeah that's a relative of mine. That location was robbed 4 times in the recent years, their cameras didnt work, and they didnt bother repairing them. The location had very little security and employees would bring knifes and leave them behind counters. Its not worth it, quit the job if you must.
Old 04-26-2014, 8:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
Read this....

The Law of Self Defense: The Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen, 2nd EditionPaperback

by Andrew F. Branca

http://www.amazon.com/Law-Self-Defen...f+Self+Defense

This will have you reconsidering shooting to save others lives....

Some situations are very clear... some aren't
Do you have cause to believe that in the incident described by the OP that it would not be considered self defense and therefor actionable by police?
Old 04-26-2014, 8:43 PM

Company policy is your policy as an employee. No guns/handover is commonplace in most corporate policies and violation will cost you your job. Nothing is worth your life.
Old 04-26-2014, 9:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
A few thoughts:

On one hand, the passive "don't be a hero" logic fails when a simple robbery turns into a "leave no witnesses" execution.

On the other hand, if you were armed and it was evident they were going to take the money and leave, give them what they want and get them out. No point in getting fired by a company that would rather have dead employees than a dead robber.

I would not advocate violating company policy, but if I was getting walked back to the cooler to be executed, I wouldn't be worried about my job at that point.
We'll said, I agree 100%. FWIW, an LCP or similar in a pocket holster disappears in a front pocket. I carry one a lot, sat right next to cops in the coffee shop and had hour long conversations. Grocery store, church, restaurants, everywhere. NO ONE EVER NOTICES IT.
Old 04-26-2014, 9:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDonnelly View Post
And no.. it's not as easy as drawing up a release of liability. The company "release of liability" would not apply if ANY other employee was hurt or killed. Their attorney's can still sue the company for damages resulting from your action. Think about it, why would they try to sue only you, when it is likely that the company has more money to pay in a suit?
The criminal can also sue the company. Aint America great, the takers keep on taking. The funny thing too is, if he had shot the criminal, the criminal would be reported in the press as a shooting VICTIM.