Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-26-2017, 4:41 PM

Can you sign up for a renewal appointment prior to taking the renewal class and having all the paperwork? From the website, you can only sign up for a renewal at 30 days prior to expiration. Is that true too? From what I see about the delays, I'd like to get everything in as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,

T
Old 02-26-2017, 5:07 PM

I am getting mixed answers but how long does the renewal course qualification certificate/class good for? 60? 90? 180 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2017, 8:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyralius View Post
I am getting mixed answers but how long does the renewal course qualification certificate/class good for? 60? 90? 180 days?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/ccw/start
Quote:
Training Required:

If applying for a RENEWAL Concealed Carry Weapon license completion of a 4-hour firearms training course must be completed within 180 days prior to issuance.
Old 02-26-2017, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
Can you sign up for a renewal appointment prior to taking the renewal class and having all the paperwork? From the website, you can only sign up for a renewal at 30 days prior to expiration. Is that true too? From what I see about the delays, I'd like to get everything in as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,

T
https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/ccw/start (Just above "pricing").
Quote:
If the applicant is RENEWING a Concealed Carry Weapon license in Sacramento County, they may not apply until 30 days before the expiration date.
or,

https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/c...ittype=renewal (bottom block):
Quote:
RENEWALS – We recommend that you renew your permit 45 days in advance of your current expiration date to ensure no lapse in your CCW coverage.
Old 02-27-2017, 8:03 AM

The wallet thing bugged me too. I like a thin no fold wallet, so the permit was too large. My wife got me this one for Christmas. The permit fits in with the cash perfectly. It's so thin that I can put it in my front pocket. I do consider it too big to fit securely in my back pocket (that's where my knife and flashlight go anyway).

http://www.bigskinny.net/rfid-leathe...ny-bifold.html
Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Thanks Dvrjon - that 30 vs 45 was (and is) confusing and contradictory - I wasn't sure the system would even let you in for a renewal until 30 days out but it sounds like it will
Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM

I have a feeling this permitium.com site mirrored another counties CCW page for Sacramento because of this discrepancy and because of the no SSE pistols on the permit (language since removed from the site). Probably best to go by the actual Sac. County page until both sites are the same.
Old 02-27-2017, 1:38 PM

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

I had my initial apt this afternoon, the issuing officer said I can go ahead and start my livescan today but under the circumstance that I am not guaranteed approval. So I went ahead and started my livescan which will cut some time off of my wait, once approved.

& for what it's worth, I left the list of firearms desired to be on app blank. Which turned out o be just fine. Once approved, I go qualify with my desired firearms and upload it to the website.

&& the sheriff mentioned to list only 3 firearms as of right now. They intend to extend the limit to 5. But as of 2/27/17 it's only 3 firearms.

Last edited by MGK; 02-27-2017 at 1:44 PM..
Old 02-27-2017, 6:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWaves View Post
I don't know if Trump got anything to do with this, but 2 Months and a Week for an DOJ approval. I'll call that a win!

Interview: 10/25/2016
Approval: 11/29/2016
Live Scan: 12/8/2016
CCW Training: 01/14 +15/2017
Live Scan Approval: 02/15/2017
Final Appointment: 03/17/2017

Orange Cheeto has nothing whatsoever to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-27-2017, 6:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Great. You just gave OBG a coronary.

Just seeing this. Took an aspirin just in case.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:58 PM

It's been 36 days since my interview and I haven't received any approval/denial letter. How long does it usually take? Thank you.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db3 View Post
It's been 36 days since my interview and I haven't received any approval/denial letter. How long does it usually take? Thank you.

Welcome to CG. I was told to expect to hear back within 3-4 weeks. You should be hearing back soon! Be sure to check your spam folder as well.

The new system has some bugs to be worked out. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 PM

My original appointment to turn in my application was January 26th, I was told 2-4 weeks before I get email confirmation from Sheriff that my application has been approved, tomorrow is 5 weeks, is there any negative consequences to starting my livescan prior to notification of approval, other than being out the money for the livescan of my application is somehow denied?

Thank you.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysmith925 View Post
My original appointment to turn in my application was January 26th, I was told 2-4 weeks before I get email confirmation from Sheriff that my application has been approved, tomorrow is 5 weeks, is there any negative consequences to starting my livescan prior to notification of approval, other than being out the money for the livescan of my application is somehow denied?

Thank you.
The Sheriff sends you a partially pre-filled form to be filled out by the livescan employees, so I'm not sure it's possible. Hope someone else can chime in on this definitively.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysmith925 View Post

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin15w View Post
The Sheriff sends you a partially pre-filled form to be filled out by the livescan employees, so I'm not sure it's possible. Hope someone else can chime in on this definitively.
The Sheriff's authorization contains identification information so the results get returned to the Sheriff. Plus, the only places you can have the scans done for Sacramento are at Sheriff facilities. I doubt they will do it without the formal approval.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM

I'll have to look at the papers they gave me that day, they said I had to bring them with me to the livescan appointment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 2:17 PM

I had my appointment on 1/26. After the interview I was given the pre-filled out Live Scan paper. I was told that it should only take about 10 days to receive approval so I should just wait to do the Live Scan since it is non-refundable. He did say I could do it before it I wanted to risk the $$$. After 30 days of waiting I decided to just go ahead and get it done to get that ball rolling and hope for the best. I am assuming they are going through the backlog of renewals before getting to new apps which is delaying the approval email.
Old 03-01-2017, 4:51 PM

I double checked my paperwork, and it is also the prefilled "Request for Live Scan Service" you received. Looks like I'll attempt to go start the live scan Friday. :/

Old 03-01-2017, 5:38 PM

Start the live scan ahead of schedule at your own risk.

If money is tight and you have doubts about an approval, wait. A few weeks longer isn't that big of a deal.
as mentioned above, I was handed the live scan papers at my initial interview and was told I can go start my live scan right away at my own risk. So I went ahead and started it right after my interview to get the ball rolling.
Old 03-02-2017, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGK View Post
Start the live scan ahead of schedule at your own risk.

If money is tight and you have doubts about an approval, wait. A few weeks longer isn't that big of a deal.
as mentioned above, I was handed the live scan papers at my initial interview and was told I can go start my live scan right away at my own risk. So I went ahead and started it right after my interview to get the ball rolling.
I wish my rep would have mentioned that, because I would have started the live scan immediately after as well. Today is 5 weeks since initial meeting, hopefully approval is coming soon.

Old 03-02-2017, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
Thanks Dvrjon - that 30 vs 45 was (and is) confusing and contradictory - I wasn't sure the system would even let you in for a renewal until 30 days out but it sounds like it will
I had called prior to submitting my renewel to verify due to changes and prior to the 45 days appearing though I was roughly 60 days or so out. I was told OK to submit. I submitted online @ 59 days ahead and it went thru. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound&Style View Post
I have a feeling this permitium.com site mirrored another counties CCW page for Sacramento because of this discrepancy and because of the no SSE pistols on the permit (language since removed from the site)...
During the call above, I was told that it was a default left by the vendor and it was never Sac County's intent to have the SSE language, so it would appear you're right on.

As of 2/23 I was advised they are working renewals in as of 1/2/17. Catching up.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
You can log on to the Order Tracker at https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/order_tracker

This has an option of uploading additional information.

You can (separately) create a Word document outlining the changes needed. Go through your application, identify each area you need to augment by section/page/question, etc., and detail what you want to say, then scan and save any supporting documents. Save all files.

Then go to the Order Tracker at https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/order_tracker, and upload the document(s) you saved. That puts them with the other documents in your application.

The screen will say:

Although the intent is to add DLs, DD214s, etc. after the fact, and upon request, it works to "push" your input into the file.
This was a great tip and appreciated. I did add a pdf to update an error as suggested. The progress bar after hitting upload went all the way to the left, but did not give any confirmation that it was completed or submitted though. It does not appear to show the document names updated, including the first updated document for the re-qualification certificates originally submitted.

Is there a way we can confirm attached documents, or is that not something the tracking tool supports?
Old 03-06-2017, 2:48 PM

I won't have range certificates until around 40 days prior to expiration. Should I apply now, without range certs, then add them later? Anyone's thoughts?
Old 03-06-2017, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallshot13 View Post
I won't have range certificates until around 40 days prior to expiration. Should I apply now, without range certs, then add them later? Anyone's thoughts?
You can't apply for renewal until 45 days out, so I don't understand the problem.

Anyway, if you read this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post19687987

You'll learn how to add docs after application submittal.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 03-06-2017 at 3:18 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 10:14 PM

Anyone who has added docs post submission. Did you get any kind of feedback or confirmation that the doc was successfully attached and completed?

Cant see any indication in the submission they are docs attached that I found. Is that the same for those of you that did submit?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:39 PM

I just renew this evening and added all docs in 1 PDF attachment. After submission I see no indication of attached/submitted files.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erichp View Post
Anyone who has added docs post submission. Did you get any kind of feedback or confirmation that the doc was successfully attached and completed?

Cant see any indication in the submission they are docs attached that I found. Is that the same for those of you that did submit?

I uploaded multiple docs and wasn't able see anything indicating that they uploaded. It must be a bug in the new system.
Old 03-07-2017, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGK View Post
I uploaded multiple docs and wasn't able see anything indicating that they uploaded. It must be a bug in the new system.
^^^Same with me.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 PM

All we know is what we know.

When I submitted the renewal application, I uploaded documents, and copied the pages which showed successful upload.

When I received acknowledgement of the submittal, the email stated:
Quote:
Date

ORDER NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

NAME: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ADDRESS:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX United States
DOB: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please do not respond to this email as this address is not checked.

We have received your application for a concealed-carry weapon license!

Please read the following:

RENEWALS - Please submit the following documents online* prior to pickling up your CCW:

4-hour Firearms Training Certificate listing each weapon that will appear on your license
Copies of two (2) utility or other bills showing license holder’s name and address
Valid CA driver’s license, CA identification card or military ID
*You can upload documents or access your printable Application Packet via the Order Tracker. To access the Order Tracker, use this link - https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/order_tracker - you will need your order number (order number), email address used during the application process (email address), and the password you created during the application process.

NEXT STEPS:

Once your application has been processed and approved, you will receive a notification that your CCW license is ready
After you are notified that your CCW is ready, please contact the Sheriff’s Department at 916-874-8450 to arrange a pick-up appointment
When picking up your CCW, please bring your valid CA driver’s license, identification card or military ID.
For all Renewals, your Printed Packet from your Online Application.
All processing and convenience fees are non-refundable.

Sincerely,

Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
Clearly, the system is built to support uploads during, and after, application submission. But it doesn't reflect any of the submissions.

When I review the file available online, it is only the application. There is no indication that I submitted documentation when I submitted the application, nor is there any indication that I submitted documentation afterwards.

I suspect this is a part of privacy/security interventions in the system.

Regardless, I've been unarmed for two weeks.

Best.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:52 PM

Thanks very much gents for the confirmation.
Old 03-08-2017, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Orange Cheeto has nothing whatsoever to do with that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Typical Dem repetitious, over-kill redundancy.

Cheetos are inherently Orange.
Old 03-08-2017, 8:18 AM

Just an update on renewals.

Submitted renewal paperwork : January 13
Permit Expired : February 8
Approval email received and permit ready for pickup : March 7

I received an email from their office just before completion that "the permit they currently use only allows for 3 weapons" and I would need to drop 1. For giggles I had qualified with my Springfield 1911 just because of the recent change to allow 5 weapons. Guess that's null and void until the get the new plastic cards going.

Just glad to be able to carry again.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Calls from Live Scan ??? Anyone gotten one?

My wife said I got a call from Live Scan at my home #. She gave them my cell number. I have not heard anything.

Im thinking it may have been "Life Scan" an ultrasound screening service I used a few years back. Seems like they could be easily confused.
Old 03-08-2017, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Typical Dem repetitious, over-kill redundancy.

Cheetos are inherently Orange.

I was trying to be more polite. I edited it from my usual name for him (Orange Adolf).

Old 03-09-2017, 2:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quick update since my last post on 2/26

Still says assigned to processor - processing. 48 days total so far.

Funny - I used the whole "we can go to 5 guns now" as an excuse to go buy a new carry pistol and qualify with it. Left the other 3 on my permit.

Haven't heard anything from the gun unit - sounds like I'll have to drop one to get myself back down to 3. Which one will it be??? Since I have one that I attached a light to for night time home defense use that one may be the one....kinda hard to get in a IWB rig now

Last edited by Drivedabizness; 03-09-2017 at 2:59 PM..
Old 03-09-2017, 3:22 PM

OK. I think I just successfully did a modification to my permit here in Sacramento County. It seemed like a lot of data input which they already have such as address, phone numbers etc. But I think it is because of the new system they are having us do the data input for the new data base. I think this because it had me create a password. I added one gun, but i filled it out also showing the one already on my permit because I did not know if system would drop one. I paid $10.00 plus a $4.00 fee. I uploaded my new gun range qualification forms and the ones for my original gun, plus copy of drivers license. I immediately got a text (you can request it) telling me it was a good submission and then a few minutes later got an email from auto@permitium.com saying my data and request for a ccw modification had been submitted. Info did say I will need to pick up in person.
Old 03-09-2017, 3:25 PM

BTW...doing my ccw mod, it said online 3 guns total. so i do not know if it will allow a 5 gun total as we have been told.
Old 03-09-2017, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeidmann View Post
OK. I think I just successfully did a modification to my permit here in Sacramento County. It seemed like a lot of data input which they already have such as address, phone numbers etc. But I think it is because of the new system they are having us do the data input for the new data base. I think this because it had me create a password. I added one gun, but i filled it out also showing the one already on my permit because I did not know if system would drop one. I paid $10.00 plus a $4.00 fee. I uploaded my new gun range qualification forms and the ones for my original gun, plus copy of drivers license. I immediately got a text (you can request it) telling me it was a good submission and then a few minutes later got an email from auto@permitium.com saying my data and request for a ccw modification had been submitted. Info did say I will need to pick up in person.
Let us know how the process goes, please? Did you have to specify which gun you were dropping off the permit...am to lazy to look ��
Old 03-09-2017, 3:55 PM

Default Just Came Back From SSD Renewal

Just came back from renewal.

Jan 22: Submitted Application
Feb 22: License Expired
Mar 9 (Today):
-11:31 -- Received email from Sac CCW reviewer stating they were finalizing review, but, because they were still using paper licenses, only three guns were allowed. Which of the five I submitted did I want to omit?
-12:29 -- Was able to respond with email and identified guns to be removed.
-12:45 -- Received confirmation email that license would be ready for pick up between 1:30 and 4, today.
-1:25 -- Appeared at the offices for issuance.
-1:45 -- Walked out with new license (The Permitium system wasn't printing, so the deputy typed it on the old system and printed it out).

What I learned:

1. New Licensing System. The Permitium system is almost completely FUBAB. (Fouled Up Beyond All Belief).

2. The ability to add documents after submittal WORKS!!! When I submitted my application, I printed out the submitted copy. None of the background items were recorded on the form, and some of the questions had the wrong answer. Using the upload feature on the Order Tracker, I submitted a statement with itemized corrective information, and it appears to have worked.

Also, using the same Order Tracker process, I added two guns after initial submission bringing my total to 5. SSD's contact with me requiring me to drop two proves the information got through and was applied to the application after submittal.

3. System Glitches. As a part of the review, the deputy entered into the Permitium system that I needed to drop two guns, and the application would pend until I provided the information.

The Permitium system sent me an e-mail stating that my background investigation had revealed I had a, "pending charge that requires additional investigation." I needed to go the Clerk of Courts to get a disposition and bring it to the SSD office in a sealed Clerk of Court envelope.

The Permitium notice stated the "offense" was, "We've completed processing ...You need to decide which two guns to drop."

Essentially, the system is buggy and takes any recorded point of delay or request for information as an outstanding court charge.

I contacted the deputy by email, and she asked that I forward the email to her, as Permitium has been telling them that this issue was fixed.

4. When to disclose. Talked briefly about the "when to disclose" issue, and the deputies told me that Sac Sheriff enters our names into the "known persons" file (right along with the other criminals). The DL search doesn't automatically interface with this, but any law enforcement agency that searches you in the file will return a CCW license. I asked, "CHP, too?", and was told (with eyes rolling), "Yes, if they even bother to check."

So, armed or not, if you are stopped, there is a probability that running your name through the system will disclose your license to the officer. If you haven't previously told the officer that you have a license, but no gun, they may have some concerns. Proceed at your own risk.

5. Lamination. The license lamination material is designed to be used to cover ID badges, and has a slit in it to accommodate a clip (NOT a magazine...).

The clip slit runs across the edge of the license, so the paper is exposed to the elements. Trimming the license to fit wallets may cut through in a way which could de-laminate the document. (First World Problems)

6. 3 guns, not 5. As noted above, I was contacted to drop two of the five guns on the application. The paper license only carries 3.

7. Staff The staff continue to be positive and supportive. They are making the system work in spite of its shortcomings.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 03-09-2017 at 3:58 PM..
Old 03-09-2017, 4:28 PM

In light of the delays, is it worthwhile - or even workable - to submit the application without any of the supporting documents? As in, without the qualifications or proof of residency? Seems like that might get the application in line for earlier processing. Or maybe it would condemn it to some electronic hell.