Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 11-15-2016, 2:15 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk3 View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I have Utah and am waiting on Arizona. I tend not to bring my piece when I fly,
Why not? Flying with a gun isn't particularly difficult or challenging. I travel a lot to the east coast and bring my EDC with me regularly to carry in places such as VA, NC, GA, AL, FL and so on...
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 11-16-2016, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace1138 View Post
I mailed mine 07 SEP 2016 with my DD214. They received it 12 SEP. The status page still shows it as processing. Mailed AZ at the same time and it's already here. I really expected FL to be much faster. I was just in FL for three weeks. I expected it to arrive either right before I went there or while I was there. Oh well, I'm going back in February.
So, as of today the status page shows the "Inconclusive" message. Doesn't really make sense to me. I've never been convicted of anything. I haven't been arrested for anything my entire adult life. I've never had trouble purchasing a firearm. I got my AZ ccw with no problem and I mailed in both AZ and FL ccw applications at the same time. Frustrating.
Old 12-08-2016, 9:55 AM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawgJJ View Post
Mailed mine today 11/4. We'll see how fast they expedite veterans
My License was issued on 12/6. It's in the mail! That WAS fast! My AZ app is still floating around USPS La-la land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.

Last edited by DevilDawgJJ; 12-08-2016 at 9:58 AM.. Reason: correct date
Old 12-12-2016, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace1138 View Post
So, as of today the status page shows the "Inconclusive" message. Doesn't really make sense to me. I've never been convicted of anything. I haven't been arrested for anything my entire adult life. I've never had trouble purchasing a firearm. I got my AZ ccw with no problem and I mailed in both AZ and FL ccw applications at the same time. Frustrating.
UPDATE: Issued 09 DEC 2016!!!

Now just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
Old 01-14-2017, 2:39 PM

Can someone confirm that notary is not longer required. My application doesn't have a place for a notary to sign and I read from one source that it is no liver required.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2017, 4:10 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysyxx View Post
Can someone confirm that notary is not longer required. My application doesn't have a place for a notary to sign and I read from one source that it is no liver required.
It was required a year ago. Section III on the last page.

California uses a different form... my notary actually lined through the FL form, stamped it to see attached, and attached her own.

She was chatting with us the whole time and almost seemed to be on auto-pilot. This was an Auto Club notary, she did the passport photo as well.

I really got the feeling that it was far from the first time she had processed a Florida app.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg flapp.jpg (104.7 KB, 192 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

Last edited by Cokebottle; 01-14-2017 at 4:14 PM..
Old 01-14-2017, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
It was required a year ago.

It is a separate form, and California uses a different form... my notary actually lined through the FL form, stamped it to see attached, and attached her own.

She was chatting with us the whole time and almost seemed to be on auto-pilot. This was an Auto Club notary, she did the passport photo as well.

I really got the feeling that it was far from the first time she had processed a Florida app.
So California uses a different form? What form would that be? The AAA notary just attached a separate form?

Old 01-14-2017, 4:22 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
So California uses a different form? What form would that be? The AAA notary just attached a separate form?
Ya... She marked the app to see her attachment, put a line through the section, and printed her own form.
I guess California has some kind of form required for ID verification... dunno, I didn't encounter that for my San Bernardino CCW app.

I kinda freaked a little when she stamped it and drew the line through it!

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-14-2017, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Ya... She marked the app to see her attachment, put a line through the section, and printed her own form.
I guess California has some kind of form required for ID verification... dunno, I didn't encounter that for my San Bernardino CCW app.

I kinda freaked a little when she stamped it and drew the line through it!
Awesome thanks. On a different note, did you get your San Bernardino CCW? Sad to say I'm stuck in LA County for the next 3 years. By then I hope SCOTUS reverses the 9th Circuit. I'm glad that President Trump plans to stack the 9th with constitutionalist.

Old 01-14-2017, 5:12 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Awesome thanks. On a different note, did you get your San Bernardino CCW? Sad to say I'm stuck in LA County for the next 3 years. By then I hope SCOTUS reverses the 9th Circuit. I'm glad that President Trump plans to stack the 9th with constitutionalist.
Ya, it's still not quite "shall issue" out here, but it's pretty reasonable.

There are currently only 4 vacancies on the 9th.
Total of 29 positions, only 6 are filled by Bush appointments. One is a Reagan appointee, but he was just replaced as Chief in 2014 by a Clinton appointee. Reinhardt is the oldest, a Carter appointment, at 86.

I would hardly call 12 seats out of 29 "stacked"... and sadly, all but one of Obamas appointments are younger than 56, with two being in their mid 40s.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2017, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Ya, it's still not quite "shall issue" out here, but it's pretty reasonable.

There are currently only 4 vacancies on the 9th.
Total of 29 positions, only 6 are filled by Bush appointments. One is a Reagan appointee, but he was just replaced as Chief in 2014 by a Clinton appointee. Reinhardt is the oldest, a Carter appointment, at 86.

I would hardly call 12 seats out of 29 "stacked"... and sadly, all but one of Obamas appointments are younger than 56, with two being in their mid 40s.
Looks like our hope will be in SCOTUS. I'm hoping they hear Peruta vs. San Diego. Sad that the 9th is so anti 2A

Old 03-19-2017, 3:51 PM
VETERAN
CGN Contributor

I just received my FL CCW! All I needed was a copy of my DD214, the application completed & notarized, rolled prints from Glendora PD, check for payment amount & a passport phote. The whole process was less than a month. About 3 weeks!!!!
Old 03-29-2017, 5:03 PM

Question for the folks who used their DD214 for the training documentation.

In Florida statute 790.06(2)(h)(5), in reference to demonstrating competence with a firearm, it states:

"Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;"

So did you have military qualification(s) for handgun(s) listed on your DD214? Cuz I'm thinking any other qualification wouldn't be "equivalent experience".

I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds
Old 03-30-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrange View Post
Question for the folks who used their DD214 for the training documentation.

In Florida statute 790.06(2)(h)(5), in reference to demonstrating competence with a firearm, it states:

"Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;"

So did you have military qualification(s) for handgun(s) listed on your DD214? Cuz I'm thinking any other qualification wouldn't be "equivalent experience".
You're thinking too hard.

If you have a DD-214, just send it to them.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:42 AM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by E__WOK View Post

THIS^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.
Old 03-30-2017, 4:31 PM

Default Plain old DD-214 works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E__WOK View Post

Just got my CCW from Florida issued and I sent them a DD-214 with no mention of small arms training...just the fact you were in the service and got a DD-214 is good enough.
Old 03-30-2017, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayej View Post
Just got my CCW from Florida issued and I sent them a DD-214 with no mention of small arms training...just the fact you were in the service and got a DD-214 is good enough.
That's rather disturbing.

But thanks to all for the info.

Old 03-30-2017, 7:11 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
That's rather disturbing.
Why?

A person shouldn't NEED a permit.
If the government is going to require one, then it should be issued to anyone who can truthfully complete a 4473 with the correct answers.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Why?

A person shouldn't NEED a permit.
If the government is going to require one, then it should be issued to anyone who can truthfully complete a 4473 with the correct answers.
It's disturbing because having been in the military doesn't mean you've received any training on handguns, or even any safety training at all. I don't think a hunter's safety course should be good for a CCW either, but at least you've probably got some basic safety training.

Needing a permit is another discussion.

Old 03-31-2017, 6:00 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
It's disturbing because having been in the military doesn't mean you've received any training on handguns, or even any safety training at all. I don't think a hunter's safety course should be good for a CCW either, but at least you've probably got some basic safety training.

Needing a permit is another discussion.
San Bernardino CCW class is barely "training"
The instructor said right up front... My job is not to teach you how to shoot and handle a gun safely. My job is to verify that you can, and to make sure that you are aware of the laws regarding CCW.

Yes, I feel that training is an absolute requirement for someone who is going to carry a handgun in public... but if specific "training" becomes a requirement for carrying, we run the risk of getting into a situation similar to the literacy tests at the polls when Black people were granted the right to vote.... the right can be denied simply because a different standard is applied to a different class of people (the situation in many counties in CA), or the right can be denied to all by simply elevating the requirements beyond a level attainable by a reasonable person.

Training is something that the CCW holder should seek out before, and continue to train after they begin carrying.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 6:38 PM
Spent $299 for this text!

^ Placer CCW was the same. He basically said at the beginning of the class, "If you're here to learn how to shoot and handle a gun safely, you shouldn't be here."

Anyways, we sort of do have mandatory training here. When you buy a handgun, you have to pass a FSC test, and demonstrate safe handling. You also have to demonstrate some level of accuracy and safety during your CCW weapons qualifications, and while that's not technically "training", you can't really pass unless you've had some sort of training or at least a fair amount of practice.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
San Bernardino CCW class is barely "training"
The instructor said right up front... My job is not to teach you how to shoot and handle a gun safely. My job is to verify that you can, and to make sure that you are aware of the laws regarding CCW.

Yes, I feel that training is an absolute requirement for someone who is going to carry a handgun in public... but if specific "training" becomes a requirement for carrying, we run the risk of getting into a situation similar to the literacy tests at the polls when Black people were granted the right to vote.... the right can be denied simply because a different standard is applied to a different class of people (the situation in many counties in CA), or the right can be denied to all by simply elevating the requirements beyond a level attainable by a reasonable person.

Training is something that the CCW holder should seek out before, and continue to train after they begin carrying.
Uh... okay.

Don't know why you quoted me in there, but good for you for stating your personal preferences on the training issue.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Default Florida CCW

Anyone from Santa Clara county know of a LEA where I can get my fingerprints done? Also, I've read the application instruction about three times now. Nowhere does it say that I need to get the application notarized. Where are you guys getting that information?
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS

Last edited by phdo; 04-11-2017 at 10:32 AM..
Old 04-11-2017, 2:36 PM

Smile Florida CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Anyone from Santa Clara county know of a LEA where I can get my fingerprints done? Also, I've read the application instruction about three times now. Nowhere does it say that I need to get the application notarized. Where are you guys getting that information?
I received my FL CCW in about 3 weeks (used the retired military expedite option) Did not require notary, in fact I called FL and they said no longer required. I asked for the CCW package from them which included a fingerprint card (my local PD said they would print me but did not provide the card.) I am from CA so I hope the national reciprocity bill passes. CA will probably find a way around it so we will still be unarmed. Hope this helps. As a point of interest (perhaps) my card says "Concealed Weapons or Firearm License State Of Florida" is does not say anything about non-resident and does not have my address on the card.

Last edited by kayej; 04-11-2017 at 2:45 PM..
Old 04-11-2017, 3:35 PM

Wife and I just received our Florida State CCW. It cost me $90 and is good for 8 years. Allows me to carry in 36 STATES !!

Took us 30 days from application time to receipt. I used the EXPEDITED MILITARY VETERAN option, my wife was processed under the same timeline.

Go get a passport Photo, Request a Florida Finger Print card and have local LEO finger print you. If you are a VETERAN send in your DD214 with a check and your sit back and wait for your CCW card!
Now with our California and Oregon CCW's we can carry almost anywhere.
Old 04-11-2017, 3:56 PM
Spent $299 for this text!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
Wife and I just received our Florida State CCW. It cost me $90 and is good for 8 years. Allows me to carry in 36 STATES !!
32 states, by my count. (31, plus Maine wish has constitutional carry now)

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

With the addition of your CA and OR permits, that does bring the total to 36.

Old 04-12-2017, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
call the sheriff, they will do it without much trouble, no need to tell them what it is for. they are used to doing it for day care/security guards/etc.

they did away with the notarization requirement a year or so ago.

i applied for florida on 2/14/2017, received it 4/10/2017, so just short of 2 months. Not bad at all.

We also live in Santa Clara County, and will never get a ccw here unless the feds pass something. My town chief told me the last permit issued here was more than 3 years ago. I dont think the county is much better.

Last edited by markgca; 04-12-2017 at 8:08 AM..
Old 04-12-2017, 8:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgca View Post
call the sheriff, they will do it without much trouble, no need to tell them what it is for. they are used to doing it for day care/security guards/etc.

they did away with the notarization requirement a year or so ago.

Thank you, sir!!!
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 04-12-2017, 4:34 PM

Heres the info from their web site:

you can walk-in at our Sheriff's Office Headquarters location at 55 W. Younger Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110. When you enter the building, go to the Records Division on the right. This location is open 24/7 for ink fingerprint cards. The fee is $20.00 per card.
Old 04-14-2017, 4:37 PM

If you have renewed, how long did it take? The check was cashed within days of sending it out. This was about 2 weeks ago. (I'm not in a rush to have the permit sent to me).