Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 07-02-2014, 7:35 AM
CGSSA Leader

4 more days!!!

Old 07-02-2014, 7:36 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Hi purer00r!

Got your texts about this...

If I might make a suggestion, the 3rd Saturday of the month is free dump day at many Riverside county dumps. Agua Mansa for sure!

That might be a better day to do the cleanup?

Either way you know I'm up for it! I'll bring two trash cans, bags, rakes, grain shovel, and my magnet pick up tool for those pesky Russian cases!
Really appreciate the help. Maybe the 3rd sat I'll go up for another clean up. Get whoever doesn't make it to Sundays hopefully...

Old 07-02-2014, 9:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Has anyone been there lately and know whether the area is closed or not?

I can tell you first hand that doing a cleanup while careless idiots let loose isn't fun. Ricochets flying around you while your downrange cleaning on the backside of SP is a little freaky! Just ask anyone from the cleanup last fall!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 07-03-2014, 7:21 AM

Im in and I have a friend that is coming to. We will be bringing his truck.

1.....purer00r truck, leaf rake, hard rake, shovel, trash bags, ice chest w/ water n ice.
2.....sean714
3.....AdamB330 tahoe, trash bags, a hard rake and a distaste for litterers!
4.....saD Guy
5.....Maligator truck, shovels, rakes, heavy duty trash bags
6.....Rivercityshooter +1 Truck,Rake, bags

"From the deadly sword deliver me; rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful." - Psalms 144:11

"I haven't seen my morals in a LONG time! When I threw out stupid morals I felt that it allowed me to really love people and look past perceived flaws and downfalls" - FremontJames
Old 07-03-2014, 7:24 AM

Where are we meeting anyway

"From the deadly sword deliver me; rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful." - Psalms 144:11

"I haven't seen my morals in a LONG time! When I threw out stupid morals I felt that it allowed me to really love people and look past perceived flaws and downfalls" - FremontJames
Old 07-03-2014, 9:37 AM
CGSSA Leader

We can meet at the entrance at the bottom of the hill, 7am. I plan on cleaning the back side, near or past the mine shaft, where we won't have to worry as much about other shooters and their ricochet (hopefully fingers crossed). Also if we start in the back there less mess and we can get an entire area clean maybe 2 of em.

Old 07-04-2014, 7:40 AM
CGSSA Leader

Happy Independence day!!! Everyone, God bless and have a safe, fun day!!!

Old 07-04-2014, 8:09 AM

Happy Independence Day, see you guys Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Oh, maybe, that makes it better.

We'll redo your title to 'Possibly Reformed Child Molester' so we can say 'well I said 'possibly''.

Last edited by Maligator; 07-04-2014 at 8:20 AM..
Old 07-04-2014, 9:50 PM
CGSSA Leader

See everyone one Sunday 7am at the entrance.

Old 07-05-2014, 9:22 PM

Sorry gents, I will not be able to help out tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2014, 1:59 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaD Guy View Post
Sorry gents, I will not be able to help out tomorrow.
No worries, next time.

Old 07-06-2014, 2:10 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default 7.6.14 Clean up

Thank you everyone who made it out, I couldn't have done it without you guys. Glad we were able to clean up as much as we did. Thank you again. Here a a few pics from today.

Cleaning a section that's marked off no shooting!!! Before moving across to where some fine citizen decided to dump their water heater....DAMN SAVAGES!!!

Love how the guy shooting across appreciated it we were cleaning....as he left all his targets there for us to pick up, what a nice guy.

Loaded up!!!

Old 07-06-2014, 3:52 PM

Great pics! Thanks for having us, always a pleasure to meet up with fellow calgunners

Quote:

We'll redo your title to 'Possibly Reformed Child Molester' so we can say 'well I said 'possibly''.
Old 07-06-2014, 6:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

The long weekend coupled with a very late Saturday night left me too tired to get up that early! Sorry I missed the fun!

Nice job!

Since there was somebody there shooting this morning, I take it that there were no signs indicating a fire closure?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 07-06-2014, 7:54 PM

Quote:
The long weekend coupled with a very late Saturday night left me too tired to get up that early! Sorry I missed the fun!

Nice job!

Since there was somebody there shooting this morning, I take it that there were no signs indicating a fire closure?
Bingo, no signs stating it was closed.

Quote:

Old 07-06-2014, 9:41 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:

Nice job!

No worries man, no signs yet. But I did talk to Ranger Tracey today he showed up around 11 informing people about the fire restriction. Got to chat with him for a few, he stated like we've all heard its closed till fire seasons over. Not sure when sign are going up due to budget constraints he also said. So expect to meet with a ranger at SP, especially if no signs are up.

Old 07-06-2014, 9:46 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligator View Post
Great pics! Thanks for having us, always a pleasure to meet up with fellow calgunners
Ya she usually takes nice photos! Again thank you for coming up and helping out, especially over this busy weekend. Hope to hang out w/ you guys again.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Bingo, no signs stating it was closed.
Thank you! It was nice meeting everyone today. Hopefully we can have a range day soon.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:18 PM

Oops quoted the wrong one...sorry noob here ha 😀😁
Old 07-07-2014, 9:03 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanPrincesa View Post
Oops quoted the wrong one...sorry noob here ha 😀😁
Lol, it's all good. It was wonderful meeting you. Thanks for all the cool pics!

Quote:

Old 07-08-2014, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Was out there yesterday , tested some ammo ( bad .22) and did some target shooting with the new hk. There were a couple of other people out there as well . I did what I've been doing and brought out a trash bag and a 5 gal bucket of 12 ga. And hauled it home .
Went back today around 3 and it's closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140708_155450.jpg (98.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 20140708_155406.jpg (88.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 07-08-2014, 8:17 PM
CGSSA Leader

Ok, I'm starting a new list for August. I know it only gonna be hotter than the first one, so maybe an earlier start time like 6am? I like the idea of cleaning the sections that have been marked off no shooting since the March clean up. Or maybe getting some of the spots in the back near the mine shaft. All suggestions welcome.

1..... Purer00r Truck, rakes, shovels, trash bags, ice chest w/ water
2.....MayanPrincesa

Old 07-08-2014, 8:31 PM

Where will it be? North or South of Maligator Hill?

Quote:

Old 07-08-2014, 8:42 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Where will it be? North or South of Maligator Hill?
If we decided to venture, then it would be south of Maligator hill...LoL. But probably stay north of it just to bge safe.

Old 07-08-2014, 9:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I hope you are all correct in that it is a temporary closure due to fire season because today IT WAS CLOSED. There were two Asshats that don't give a damn or can not read parked near the VERY front that were shooting a pistol at a target about 7 feet away despite the signs that were up that stated NO SHOOTING BEYOND THIS POINT at the entrance and at the top of the initial hill and all through the place...

It DID look cleaner. My friend and I were there and we drove through hoping to find a ranger for clarification on WHY there was no shooting, but anyways, we were the ONLY ones there cept for the asshats at the entrance on the way out. Sucks too cause I was gonna use my nut wizard to pick up brass and all...

For the record, I DO NOT LIKE when they close things like this. They did this to Route 1N09 in Big Bear and now we lost all those great shooting spots up there. It started with a "FIRE" and then they never bothered to reopen it and every time we drive by it is CLOSED. We need to not let them get to comfortable with this closure IF it is for fire and I WISH it would say it was closed for fire. The stakes just say NO SHOOTING BEYOND THIS POINT...

Yeah anyways. We did happen to find a bottle of green stinky stuff and ended up smoking it down the road heading out to help "ease the pain" of not being able to shoot after a 16 minute drive...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
I hope you are all correct in that it is a temporary closure due to fire season because today IT WAS CLOSED. There were two Asshats that don't give a damn or can not read parked near the VERY front that were shooting a pistol at a target about 7 feet away despite the signs that were up that stated NO SHOOTING BEYOND THIS POINT at the entrance and at the top of the initial hill and all through the place...

It DID look cleaner. My friend and I were there and we drove through hoping to find a ranger for clarification on WHY there was no shooting, but anyways, we were the ONLY ones there cept for the asshats at the entrance on the way out. Sucks too cause I was gonna use my nut wizard to pick up brass and all...

For the record, I DO NOT LIKE when they close things like this. They did this to Route 1N09 in Big Bear and now we lost all those great shooting spots up there. It started with a "FIRE" and then they never bothered to reopen it and every time we drive by it is CLOSED. We need to not let them get to comfortable with this closure IF it is for fire and I WISH it would say it was closed for fire. The stakes just say NO SHOOTING BEYOND THIS POINT...

Yeah anyways. We did happen to find a bottle of green stinky stuff and ended up smoking it down the road heading out to help "ease the pain" of not being able to shoot after a 16 minute drive...
1N09 is open depending on the moisture content in the plants, there is a usfs website that gives out that info. I grew up near there and shot there often as a young man.

Stilly, were the stakes all across the road into SP, or?
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 07-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
1N09 is open depending on the moisture content in the plants, there is a usfs website that gives out that info. I grew up near there and shot there often as a young man.

Stilly, were the stakes all across the road into SP, or?
They were RIGHT by the entrance and they said NO SHOOTING BEYOND THIS POINT. Then at the TOP of the first hill, you know which hill it is, there was ANOTHER stake in the middle of the road that said NO SHOOTING BEYOND THIS POINT, then there were stakes that were just all over the place at different spots. One even had an arrow pointing left and right stating these routes were closed (we ignored it and went right hoping to find a ranger to explain all of the brown posts...) Never found one. We should have shot, but then we would have been the asshats... These stakes looked new. and NOBODY was at the range all lined up like they usually are. Not even on the BACK of the mountain. We were the only ones balls deep. Not even the br*******s...

Signs looked like they did up in post #61.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

Last edited by stilly; 07-09-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purer00r View Post
If we decided to venture, then it would be south of Maligator hill...LoL. But probably stay north of it just to bge safe.
Good to know, put me down on the most likely attending list please

Quote:

Old 07-10-2014, 1:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's closed indefinitely for target and sport shooting due to the high fire danger and the low rainfall this year. The BLM office where very nice on the phone and also said it depends on the fire danger in the area when it will be open to sport and target shooting again. It's still open for camping hiking and what ever but no campfires or bbq's.
Anyone can call for updates for the area at (760) 833-7100
Old 07-10-2014, 7:28 PM
CGSSA Leader

Hopefully it stays clean then, I'm going to try to get up there atleast once a month to clean up

Old 07-10-2014, 9:25 PM

Let me know when you guys are going back, I'll try to make it out...
Old 07-10-2014, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Let me know when you guys are going back, I'll try to make it out...
We sure will 😊👍
Old 07-11-2014, 6:20 AM

Count me in for the August clean up, sorry that I couldn't make it to the last one, but this is a perfect opportunity to really get the area cleaned with it being restricted.
Old 07-11-2014, 7:15 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbeans88 View Post
Count me in for the August clean up, sorry that I couldn't make it to the last one, but this is a perfect opportunity to really get the area cleaned with it being restricted.

Right on beans, ya that's what I'm thinking. And hopefully it shows that even though its closed for shooting, we still care and are responsible.

1..... Purer00r Truck, rakes, shovels, trash bags, ice chest w/ water
2.....MayanPrincesa
3.....Maligator
4.....madbeans88

Old 07-11-2014, 8:09 PM
CGSSA Leader

How's Saturday the 23rd sound? The 30th does not work for me.

Old 07-12-2014, 9:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm in , plus my 2 son's.
Old 07-12-2014, 2:26 PM

The water heater from post #52 got dropped off at my friend's shop along with a note of explanation. He loves it for 2 reasons- first, he is an appliance disposal business and dropping off stoves, A/C's, refrigerators and such. A shot-up water heater represents a $5 bill. He says "thanks!" Second, he thought a bullet-riddled water heater is just plain cool, and says "thanks!"

I don't know how to post pics but if someone PM's me their number, I'll be glad to text them a couple of pics of the thing at his shop and the note with it.
Old 07-12-2014, 5:51 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsDad View Post
The water heater from post #52 got dropped off at my friend's shop along with a note of explanation. He loves it for 2 reasons- first, he is an appliance disposal business and dropping off stoves, A/C's, refrigerators and such. A shot-up water heater represents a $5 bill. He says "thanks!" Second, he thought a bullet-riddled water heater is just plain cool, and says "thanks!"

I don't know how to post pics but if someone PM's me their number, I'll be glad to text them a couple of pics of the thing at his shop and the note with it.
Well I'm glad he was ok with it, I was leary about dropping it off. Hence the note with explanation. The early drop off was not part of it, just dropping it off before heading to the desert. Tell your friend thanks for having his shop and service.

Old 07-12-2014, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purer00r View Post
How's Saturday the 23rd sound? The 30th does not work for me.
The 23 is gtg for me
Old 07-12-2014, 8:27 PM

I'm in for the 23rd