Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM

Default Completed my Remington 870 Blackhawk Gen 2 Stock. ATI heat shield. Mesa 4 shot holder

Remington 870 - Gen II blackhawk! knoxx stock. ATI heat shield. Mesa 4 shot shell holder.

Hello everybody i wanted to express how glad i am to finish the mods to my Remington 870.

I must say it was truly a pain in the neck to get my shotgun together... but im glad its done...

Looks like all the problems of the new 870's i read about in the forums was about my shotgun, from stuck shells, crazy stock bolt thats wayyy to tight, and ill fitting ATI universal heat shield...

First I took my shotgun to the gunsmith to hone and polish the chamber due to spent shells being stuck.

Then after i got my shotgun back it was time to add the Knoxx Gen II stock but the bolt for the factory remington stock was literally impossible to take out even with a heavy duty screwdriver (the screwdriver was bending!) What i had to do is saw off the stock and use a vice grip to turn the bolt loose at a 90 degree angle while my friend held the gun... crazy... it was just as tough to get Blackhawk stock bolt securely back in. I decided to skip the forend due to fitting issues i read about, i like the look of the stock forend more than the Blackhawk gen II forend anyways..

After reading about the issues of the ATI universal heat shield scratching up the barrel and being ill-fitting, i was kinda reluctant to put that on. My buddy did that for me, he used a rubber mallet to shape the metal to the correct size of the barrel (of course the shield was taken off first and set on top of wood pallet to shape the shield with the rubber mallet) and got the heat shield to line up perfectly, tight and snug, withOUT any scratches, made it Look like the factory heat shield on the moss persuader, definitely happy with that... by the way i bought the ATI heat shield with the stupid plastic ghost rings, I did NOT put those on, i just left them off...

The Mesa 4 shot shell holder was simply bolted on... the whole thing took my buddy about hour and a half to 2 hours to finish everything. For his time i gave him some smokes and a few pounds of beef jerkey, what a deal!

I recently bought 3" high velocity remington sluggers and the regular 2.75 remington slugs, I havent shot the gun at the range yet, i will update yall as soon as I do!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0184(1).jpg (92.1 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0186.jpg (88.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0188.jpg (84.4 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by 2nd; 03-14-2013 at 1:09 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 4:07 PM

looks great. now get out to the range and let us know how it performs.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM

Went to angeles shooting range yesterday, the shotgun was flawless. We shot mostly Remington High velocity slugs, and the blackhawk gen2 stock absorbed much of the recoil, loved it...

I may remove the ATI heat shield, It did not stay in place. After shooting about 80 rounds the shield crept up the barrel. Not sure what to use so the heat shield stays in the same position...
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM

how did u like the range up there? I have a free pass for me and a guest and have been wanting to check it out. I just need to stock up some ammo and get out there.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:24 PM

Sweet youre saving 13-15 bucks, use that on ammo, how did you get the free pass? I would say angeles will be my go to range, I only shot at the east side of the range but its great.. after shooting at Camp Pendleton's awesome clay range, the clay area at angeles felt a little cramped but its good enough for me.
Old 03-20-2013, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd View Post
Sweet youre saving 13-15 bucks, use that on ammo, how did you get the free pass? I would say angeles will be my go to range, I only shot at the east side of the range but its great.. after shooting at Camp Pendleton's awesome clay range, the clay area at angeles felt a little cramped but its good enough for me.
Great looking gun btw! Mine looks very similar, i have the gen 2 BH stock as well!

I love Angeles! best Outdoor range hands down around Socal in my opinion. Quick question what's the cost on camp pendletons clay range per clay?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Thanks I ended up taking the heat shield off... the prices are low and its open to civilians, check this out :

http://www.mccscp.com/shoot
Old 03-22-2013, 9:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dig it
Old 03-23-2013, 5:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

congrats.
Old 04-08-2013, 3:55 PM

Very nice your 870 looks bad ***.