Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM

I'm hoping my items get to me before jan 1. Looks like it is taking +/- 15 days to get to delivered
Old 12-15-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman08 View Post
Yossi has not responded to one of my emails all last week..but he has my money
That's his home address and phone number. I wouldn't sweat it. He's just swamped. I've dealt with him many times prior to the rush and he's always been professional.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Well we need better communication between the buyers and seller
Old 12-15-2013, 12:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The cry baby factor in this thread is amazing. The volume he is doing is not different from waiting for an order from Palmetto State Armory.

How many of you guys are first time buyers?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Calguns Addict

hes a good guy running an honest company he will make it right

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Old 12-15-2013, 1:09 PM

I think the reason for the worrying is the 1-1-14 deadline. It's a justifiable reason to worry.
Old 12-15-2013, 1:52 PM

Pmag for my Ar came fine, but shipping take along time..
Old 12-15-2013, 2:27 PM
Veteran Member

No luck on contacting them.

Placed an ordered a week ago. Tracking is generated but never shipped. No idea whats going on, on their end.

They must be making a killing over there.
Old 12-15-2013, 2:35 PM

Just take a deep breath and relax. In through the nose, out through the mouth.
Stay frosty gents!
Old 12-15-2013, 3:11 PM

dont hold your breath mine has been sitting since 11-29-13 still no word..paid with a credit card so when it goes bad i might have a chance to get my money back..
Old 12-15-2013, 3:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
I placed an order with Funk on the 6th. After reading about the issues they're having I decided to split the items that I ordered with Funk between two other suppliers and placed the order on the morning of the 10th. I've received both those orders. I have not received tracking or status communication from Funk.
Not quite sure that I understand this post.
Old 12-15-2013, 3:41 PM

I have bought from them before and everything arrived just as I ordered. It did take a while though so just hold on. I just placed another order as well.
Old 12-15-2013, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifilef View Post
Not quite sure that I understand this post.
It means Funk is absolutely Funking slow.
Old 12-15-2013, 3:59 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Funk oversold their inventory and is using the excuse of too many orders to stall until a new shipment comes in to fulfill the orders that was oversold. It doesn't take that long to make a rebuild. I ordered from Hartatac and they just cut a small slit on the side of the Pmag plastic bag, slide out the base and it was good to go.
Old 12-15-2013, 4:12 PM

My last order for pmags shipped on the 2nd, rec'd on the 12th. Everything packaged well and organized into well disassembled parts. I have zero issues with their time frame. The 10 days it spent in transit isn't their deal. Would order again.
Old 12-15-2013, 4:32 PM
Calguns Addict

I've ordered from Funk before and they are GTG. Yes, he is a little slow getting shipments out the door, but he does deliver what you purchase. My take is that it's a very small operation, perhaps just a one-man-business.

I've spoken to him on the phone once. He's a very nice guy.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 12-15-2013, 4:41 PM

Being slow is fine when you have months before a deadline, but its down to about two and half weeks left. I understand this is a one man operation, but when you are up against a deadline, you need to bring in temporary help to speed things up.

I'm ok if its just a week for it to ship, but at least give notice on your web page that you're a week or two behind to let the customers know. I think most others are in the same boat. If they had to order again, they would have gone to Hartatac or another firm who can deliver quickly since the price was the same. I hope he delivers on time before the deadline.
Old 12-15-2013, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPTYITOUT View Post
My last order for pmags shipped on the 2nd, rec'd on the 12th. Everything packaged well and organized into well disassembled parts. I have zero issues with their time frame. The 10 days it spent in transit isn't their deal. Would order again.
Your order shipped on the 2nd, but for the people who ordered in the past two weeks, it hasn't even shipped yet. Huge difference to ship a week away from deadline and have to wait 10 more days for delivery.
I think that is part of the reason why he is so slow. He is taking everything apart and separating it. Other firms just cut a slit on the bag, yank the baseplate and all the parts are disassembled and in one bag. This operation can literally take 10 seconds per Pmag rebuild kit. It takes much less time than to take it out of the bag, separate the parts, rebag them and recount to make sure you didn't lose a part.

Last edited by ShadowX; 12-15-2013 at 4:47 PM..
Old 12-15-2013, 4:45 PM

And when your post has been deleted, it doesn't mean you post it again.

Last edited by retired; 12-15-2013 at 6:51 PM..
Old 12-15-2013, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
Being slow is fine when you have months before a deadline, but its down to about two and half weeks left. I understand this is a one man operation, but when you are up against a deadline, you need to bring in temporary help to speed things up.

I'm ok if its just a week for it to ship, but at least give notice on your web page that you're a week or two behind to let the customers know. I think most others are in the same boat. If they had to order again, they would have gone to Hartatac or another firm who can deliver quickly since the price was the same. I hope he delivers on time before the deadline.
My thoughts exactly. They really need to stop new orders and fulfill the orders that were made
Old 12-15-2013, 4:55 PM

I wish I never saw this thread, it's making want to panic buy in case my order is too late, cancelled or whatever. I'm not worried about fraud, ive dealt with yossi several times, receiving a refund in one instance, no problems. I am a little concerned he's overwhelmed and won't get em out on time. My order is for future rifles, so not that big of a deal if it's late
Old 12-15-2013, 4:58 PM

If Yossi can't fulfill the orders, please let us know so we could cancel the order and order from another vendor before the deadline
Old 12-15-2013, 5:27 PM

dont hold your breath
Old 12-15-2013, 6:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Silverhawk View Post
Guys, whatever you do, please do not panic buy at this time.

Some of your orders are clearly very delayed. You have good reason to be concerned.

Aside from being swamped with lots of last-minute orders (their deadline is this Monday), it is a possibility that FunkAmmo may not have received inventory due to the storms (Hartatac mentioned a similar problem). Or it could be another issue entirely but FunkAmmo may not be admitting to it for fear of losing customers to other vendors (its just business).

Do not panic buy. It will only swamp other vendors which means it will affect their customers. That is a serious domino effect considering the situation.

If you must, call and cancel your orders. I strongly suggest giving this vendor until Tuesday, one day past his deadline, to get back to you.

For those of you who do call or email and get in touch with Yossi, please let the others know in this thread.

His inventory seems to be live ( Add 100 of something , and it kicks down to what is actually in stock ), so him waiting for items should not be an issue.

And since he is aware of the CA deadline, and even provides a countdown on his homepage...he should be giving CA orders priority for shipping as the countdown means he is aware of the timeline involved.
Old 12-15-2013, 6:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Silverhawk View Post
Agreed on all points.

The deadline definitely leaves alot to be desired. The counter on his website for the number of days left to be able to order is never updated regularly and it left everyone guessing as to the last day. He finally set the deadline this past Thursday by saying how many days are left, as opposed to what the actual last day is. I even sent a PM about it and never got a response.

Lets just hope the reality isn't like Peggy answering phones for that CC company commercial....

And the magazine/ammo/gun parts are all stored here.....

Old 12-15-2013, 6:33 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post
I think the reason for the worrying is the 1-1-14 deadline. It's a justifiable reason to worry.
I'm not worried. I purchased before the deadline.
In my mind, if they ship before or arrive after Jan1...BFD!
Will anyone be waiting on your doorstep so slap the cuffs on you.
No, I'd stop worrying.
Keep calm and carry on
-g
Old 12-15-2013, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
I'm not worried. I purchased before the deadline.
In my mind, if they ship before or arrive after Jan1...BFD!
Will anyone be waiting on your doorstep so slap the cuffs on you.
No, I'd stop worrying.
Keep calm and carry on
-g
Yea isn't the law regarding purchases AFTER Jan 1? So as long as the order was placed before the deadline then theres nothing to worry about. If they are on the way and haven't arrived after Jan 1, I don't think that's against the law either.
Old 12-15-2013, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

I scratch my head wondering why everyone was panic buying at the last minute. If it was THAT important to you, you would have ordered month ahead like I did.
Old 12-16-2013, 9:48 AM

Ordered DEC 9 email this morning shipped via fedex,, tracking doesnt work yet, but I am not to worried about it. Funk has always come threw in the past.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:01 AM

I ordered on the 9th and got my shipping notification today. I will have to wait and see if it actually gets into Fed Ex's tracking system today or not, but I see progress. I'm sure they are just busy with all the "crunch time" orders.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
The cry baby factor in this thread is amazing. The volume he is doing is not different from waiting for an order from Palmetto State Armory.

How many of you guys are first time buyers?
amen!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:34 AM

I've done two orders with Funk within the past 30 days. One order was perfect and the other was missing some things. I called him and he sent the missing items out no problem. I have nothing but good opinion about them right now.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I ordered on December 2nd, looks like the fedex has it on route for delievery for Thursday 12/19/13. 2 1/2 weeks from when ordered. I don't really mind about the delay as long as I get it before the deadline and this should be expected, I know there are concerns but try to take it easy on the guy.

Last edited by Checkk; 12-16-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 AM

I've emailed and called multiple times with no avail. I ordered during Thanksgiving week, got a fedex tracking code that I should be receiving my package on the 12/12/13. I never receive my package which prompt me to call fedex. Fedex stated that funkammo did not ship the package as of yet.
This is frustrating as I could have ordered my mags from other vendors.
If I don't hear from FA via email today, I'm just going to cancel my order.

Lead4bfast=I eat lead for breakfast...
Old 12-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Banned

I am sure its just a huge wait now on the orders. backed up. I ordered from them several times. not one single problem. never. I called about my order and just to see what the news was. he answered everytime. all the time. even called back....im sure they are just super swamped right now. as for the single body, who knows prob just a big mistake
Old 12-16-2013, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkk View Post
I ordered on December 2nd, looks like the fedex has it on route for delievery for Thursday 12/19/13. 2 1/2 weeks from when ordered. I don't really mind about the delay as long as I get it before the deadline and this should be expected, I know there are concerns but try to take it easy on the guy.
Hrmmm.. I ordered Dec 3rd, fedex still does not have the package. Anxiety level: 4--->5.
Old 12-16-2013, 5:18 PM
Banned

Ordered Dec 9th here....guess I'm never getting my kits? lol
Old 12-16-2013, 5:22 PM

To all of those that say don't worry you'll get your stuff.. Not the case in my experience. I got half the stuff I ordered... So theres definitely reasons why to worry a little and try to contact them. I've order'd from other companys such as MagCommander the same time and recieved in just a few days compared to funk ammo few weeks and only half of what I order.. I won't be ordering from them again..
Old 12-16-2013, 5:22 PM

I ordered on dec 5th. Just got confirmation of the shipment this afternoon.
Old 12-16-2013, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_ninja View Post
I ordered on dec 5th. Just got confirmation of the shipment this afternoon.
Now check on their website to make sure it says "fufilled" not "partially fufilled"