Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:29 PM

New member here! I have read several threads and this looks like the place to be. So much good information!
A little about me: I'm the owner of www.mdtactical.com I sell tactical knives, gear and firearm parts. Been around for over 20 years. My other job is computer animation. I know a very strange combo, knives and animation. What ya gonna do? Well enough of me, back to the forums!

Eric
Old 09-09-2007, 1:33 AM

Well i've been here for about 10 days now, and I can truly say I have learned a heck of a lot from a lot of great people! I have been a firearms enthusiast since about the age of 13, but was never old enough to buy all the "cool guns" in cailfornia. By the time I was, all the ones I wanted were banned.
I really enjoy knowing now that if I wish, I could build an AR or AK legally configured for ca. Had it not been for this site, and all the nice people and great info, I still wouldn't know it! Hooray for CALGUNS.NET!

Other than the gun stuff I work in the insurance biz, have been a lifelong street skater(skateboarding), enjoy chillin with my girl, family, friends and pets. I also play waaaaaaaayyy too much HALO!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

I found this forum while looking for places to shoot after moving to Visalia. Lots of great info here; I've got lots of reading to do. My bank account will certainly suffer due to you all .

I'm a full time student right now, so I don't have a lot of disposable cash or free time between school and work. But I'm looking forward to sometime building up a CA legal OLL or three. I just don't know which style I want to approch first.

Thank you all for your efforts!

Jeff
Old 09-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Greetings and salutations. I just found the site and I think its pretty dam cool.
Well I'm going to browse around and have fun. Nice meeting you!
Old 09-11-2007, 3:36 PM

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for awhile but have need of your expert help, which I'll post about in the appropriate section. But mostly I'm here to learn.
Old 09-11-2007, 4:06 PM

Then again I can't seem to post a new thread. Oh well, just have to search for my answer then.
Old 09-11-2007, 9:07 PM

Good am/pm to you folks!!! I finally signed up and glad that I did. My main hobby is actually just like yours , been doing it for almost two decades and I think I'm in a slow moving train right now but this site might push me back on a faster track. THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATION......
Old 09-13-2007, 5:27 PM

Hello! Dave here from Southern California. I just signed up earlier today, and am already learning a heck of a lot!
Old 09-13-2007, 7:47 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome gentlemen.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 PM

Greetings,

I signed up a few weeks ago after a friend pointed this site to me. I currently live in Irvine, but I'm from the Bay Area.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

My nephew directed me to this site as he is a member. I joined a few minutes ago and thought it would be appropriate to say hi and introduce myself.

I have been involved with guns for about 31yrs. due to my career in le. As you can see by my name, I'm now retired (medically. If not, I'd still be doing it as 27yrs. wasn't enough.

I live in Riverside County and generally shoot at Lytle Creek.

I have already contacted one of your (I guess ours now) sponsors, Mad Ox, about a AK build.

I'm looking forward to learning from this site. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2007, 2:30 PM

New member from SB county. A lot of info here. I have been a lurker so far because I am a bit wary of firearm forums (due to comments like "rah rah you Californian liberal hippy commies. Move to a free state, pinkos can't buy real guns, bla bla. Hope your state breaks off and floats away so my property in AZ turns into prime beach front, you are destroying our fine all-American culture, bla bla, rant rant..."

But I like what you guys are doing here trying to put up a fight against the bull**** laws, so here I am.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 AM

A friend of mine at work told me to check this site out since Im wanting to build a CA legal AR. I figured after lurking for a few weeks I might as well join!
-Jesse
Old 09-19-2007, 7:39 PM

my name is ivan i recently moved here to kali i am always to meet and converse with you all....ivan
Old 09-23-2007, 8:01 PM

Hi my name is JOE and wanted to say hello and have learned alot lurking around for a couple weeks now I just signed up a few days ago. Cant wait to get my first build started. I have been trying to get ahold of someone at metroshot but no luck if any body can point him in my direction please do. BTW I am in the San Gabriel Valley area...JOE>>>>>
Old 09-24-2007, 3:49 PM

Default Howdy

Hi everyone.
I was recently introduced to this sight by a friend. I've been lurking and reading for a while and finally joined.
I'd like to give a big THANKS!! to everyone here for you're help and support in 2nd amendment rights here in Kalifornia.
I've been shooting off and on since I was 6yrs old.
Most of my guns are shotguns and hunting rifles I inhereted from my Dad.
I picked up a romanian sks at a gun show in the late 80's, bought an HK USP45 june of this year; and now, thanks to the lot of you, I'm picking up an off list wasr2 this friday. I've got a spot in the rifle case that already holds the cop memo on this sight; is there anything else I should consider/include in order to stay on the right side of the law and avoid confusion?

I've begun loading my own 45's on a Dillon square deal b borrowed from a friend until I can get the cash together for an rl550. I'm blessed to have a friend who's been loading his own for years now, my reloading Sensei, he's very knowledgable.

Now, once I get the rl550, which already went to the back burner once for the wasr2, I'm torn between a high power precision shooter, or an fn fal type.

Joe

Last edited by SchooBaka; 09-24-2007 at 3:53 PM..
Old 09-27-2007, 2:28 PM

I was referred to this site by a member of a similar look/feel/topic site. I currently have two CCW’s, NV and UT (Valid in 29 states at last count), but living in Alameda Co., I don’t think I’ll ever get one for CA. Weapons listed on my permits are a NAA .22 Mag, SP101 .38/.357, Walther PPKS and a Colt 1991A1 Compact .45. I need to get back to Reno and qualify with my Glock 27 and Berretta Tomcat 3032 so that I can have them added. And before you start ragging on me, I know that there are some Lady calibers listed, but they are reliable and compact (especially with out a CA CCW) and a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .45. I have a decent collection of weapons; last count was nine different calibers. Mostly hand guns, but I do have a couple of rifles.

I’m using the same handle on both sites, not sure if that’s kosher, but easier to keep track of.
Old 09-27-2007, 8:21 PM

i've been lurking off and on for a few months now, but decided to pop my cherry today.

it's great that this forum exists and i think it is serving a real need in the state and communities.
Old 09-28-2007, 9:28 PM

Greetings! Just joined the forum. I'm a first-year college student in Claremont, CA. Although the only weapon I own is a muzzle-loading black powder weapon, I am interested in gun rights and expanding my firearms collection in the future.
Old 09-29-2007, 2:54 PM

I'm new to the forum.

Hello
Old 09-29-2007, 9:15 PM

Default Newbie

Hi all,
A computer guy turned me on to this website this week and I think it's a good one. I've been a cop for over 20 yrs and I believe in the 2nd amendment. I believe, like most of everyone here, that only the honest people will suffer due to gun control laws because crooks won't obey the laws anyway. Case in point, our agency recently adopted a "no pursuit" policy. We've already had a few drivers take off on us when we tried to stop them, leaving us standing on the road shaking our fist at them. Meanwhile, the law abiding citizen will stop and usually end up with a citation. How's that for fair???
Old 10-01-2007, 1:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin` View Post
Hi all,
A computer guy turned me on to this website this week and I think it's a good one. I've been a cop for over 20 yrs and I believe in the 2nd amendment. I believe, like most of everyone here, that only the honest people will suffer due to gun control laws because crooks won't obey the laws anyway. Case in point, our agency recently adopted a "no pursuit" policy. We've already had a few drivers take off on us when we tried to stop them, leaving us standing on the road shaking our fist at them. Meanwhile, the law abiding citizen will stop and usually end up with a citation. How's that for fair???
Care to share what dept you work for?

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!
Old 10-01-2007, 1:39 PM
Banned

How's it going my fellow Californian's? I'm a 19 year old trying to have a carreer in law enforcement, I own a cmmg ar-15, yugo sks, ak-47 wasr10, and a winchester 1300.
Old 10-01-2007, 6:18 PM

hi this is my first post i've been lurking for quite some time. i am 24 and go to rio hondo college my major is administration of justice. i own many different types of guns. mostly older stuff.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

shooterdave, I know this admission will make me feel ancient, but I went to the same community college when they were known as junior colleges. That was 68-70.

At least you will be in good shape by the time you graduate. For those who don't know, this school is built on top of a hill and everything is uphill, even when you walk downhill.
Old 10-03-2007, 2:16 PM

Hey guys, (and acouple gals I see!)
New here, wanted to introduce myself - I'm a MinuteMan, w/ S.O.S. and C.C.I.R. Curio and Relic liscensed. Been shooting for years but have gotten very political over the past 3. Seems like protecting our gun rights falls right in line w/ defending the country from illegal invasion - just seems like you can't do one w/out the other!
I got to speak to a DOJ field agent the other day. According to him, the DOJ will not make a ruling now or in the forseeable future as tho the legality of whether or not an OLL is an assault rifle - assuming it has been completed. It is completely up to local law enf. and ultimately the court to determine a weapons status based on interpretation of the law - SO YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD LAWYER! "the capacity to accept" is again ambigous so the DOJ is leaving that up to local law enf.
Furthermore, there is no record kept of these OLL's. There is no way or desire for the DOJ at present to know what citizen purchased which lower or how many. As long as the finished rifle is configured properly(SB 23), we should be good. I just pieced my AR and am now working on an AK lower.
This is probably not news to you all and I apologize if you've all heard this before!
I'm actually tryin to find out if it is legal to carry a pistol in a thigh holster in public. I heard your goodtogo if it is not loaded, someone else said it CAN be loaded - Anybody know for sure???
Old 10-03-2007, 2:26 PM
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1174 View Post
Hey guys, (and acouple gals I see!)
New here, wanted to introduce myself - I'm a MinuteMan, w/ S.O.S. and C.C.I.R. Curio and Relic liscensed. Been shooting for years but have gotten very political over the past 3. Seems like protecting our gun rights falls right in line w/ defending the country from illegal invasion - just seems like you can't do one w/out the other!
I got to speak to a DOJ field agent the other day. According to him, the DOJ will not make a ruling now or in the forseeable future as tho the legality of whether or not an OLL is an assault rifle - assuming it has been completed. It is completely up to local law enf. and ultimately the court to determine a weapons status based on interpretation of the law - SO YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD LAWYER! "the capacity to accept" is again ambigous so the DOJ is leaving that up to local law enf.
Furthermore, there is no record kept of these OLL's. There is no way or desire for the DOJ at present to know what citizen purchased which lower or how many. As long as the finished rifle is configured properly(SB 23), we should be good. I just pieced my AR and am now working on an AK lower.
This is probably not news to you all and I apologize if you've all heard this before!
I'm actually tryin to find out if it is legal to carry a pistol in a thigh holster in public. I heard your goodtogo if it is not loaded, someone else said it CAN be loaded - Anybody know for sure???

Well i though i'd never speak to a minuteman but whatever, this is a gun forum. what do you need to carry a gun for? Oh and i'm pretty sure it's not legal your in commiefornia buddy!
Old 10-03-2007, 2:49 PM

Hello everyone new guy here. Great forum
Old 10-03-2007, 2:55 PM

Default I'm back..

Well after a few years of not logging back, my post count starts from 0 again. I'll try to stop by once in a while.
Old 10-04-2007, 9:00 PM

Default Wow, such hostility towards someone trying to save the country!

I believe "why" is not part of the Constitution. I'm assuming you aren't familiar enough w/ the law to answer the Q???
What exactly about the MinuteMen makes you ???
Old 10-05-2007, 8:46 PM

Droping in to say Hi. Name's Miguel but I perffer to go by Mike-O. I've been intrested in firearms for a couple years now, which lead me to pickup Airsoft as a hobby (Own a G&G RK103, member of Russian Federation Military airsoft group) and started really learning about guns these past 2 years. I'm deeply in love with both the AK and most H&K's (G3's, MP5's,416,HK33's, etc.) Hope to be here and learn more, specifically laws about owning AK's. Hope to build and have my first gun which will be an AK type CA legal of course. Im new to guns in general and hope to learn much from you all.

Live out here in the OC, so cal, the city of Santa Ana. I do believe I'm minutes away from J&J armory.
Old 10-07-2007, 7:21 PM

Default Hi from New York

Hi guys,
I retired from watchmaking and have some more free time to read the forums and learn even more about guns.

I may even do some post of my own.
I like to hunt whitetails and bears the most, but I have done some other hunting out west.

I will see you in the forums
All the best
Watchmaker
Old 10-07-2007, 7:57 PM

Default Hi from CA

New meat here. Long time THR/TFL member. Live in Bakersfield CA. Mid 50's single male. When not overworking myself, I shoot, hunt and go off-roading. Spend lots of time in deserts and mountains. I live in a county that is extremely liberal in issuing CCW's. Have had mine about 7 years.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Greetings

Hi,
My name is Richard. For a living I install telecommunications cables for high speed internet, building networks and wireless systems.
I have the Black Rifle Disease, 1911 Virus and all things Tactical Bug.
I'm here to learn...
Old 10-12-2007, 4:25 PM

Greetings,
I'm here to learn more than anything. I've had a couple built OLLs and now waiting for the Magpul Masada (fingers crossed).
Old 10-14-2007, 1:38 PM

hello everyone. CDJ here from Imperial County, CA. I shoot competition at my local club [I.V. Rifle and Pistol Assn., Inc]

I'll be looking for the shotgunners mostly, but have some questions on the gun laws. Mainly about the why's/how's of owning other than Bolt type competition rifles.

Thanks for having me. I'll pobably get more than I give--but I'll contibute all I can.

Cordially

CDJ
Old 10-15-2007, 3:02 PM

Default retired newb

Hey all, new here but not to black evil and got hooked on them from my previous command. I was referred by Chris from Lanworld I'm a new customer (XCR mod3.)Thanks for having me, now I'll stfu and start reading.
Old 10-16-2007, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkcpo View Post
Hey all, new here but not to black evil and got hooked on them from my previous command. I was referred by Chris from Lanworld I'm a new customer (XCR mod3.)Thanks for having me, now I'll stfu and start reading.
Welcome Chief
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 PM

Smile Hello All!!!!

Hello everyone!!
I stumbled upon this site from another gun forum. I have lately been wondering if there was a site for California gun owners and low and behold I found one. I have been following the controversy about the new AB1471 bill which now seems like it is full of holes.
Old 10-16-2007, 8:11 PM

Hi Everyone,

Newby joining up. I've always been interested in firearm-related issues (as a gun owner and shooter myself, finally getting around to joining! I found this place from a posting on the BARF (Bay Area Riders Forum) board, and am using the same name at both places. I am an attorney, but I specialize in patent litigation and intelectual property, so I am probably not much help when it comes to 2nd amendment and gun laws -- although I will contribute what I can!