Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-19-2018, 6:02 AM
FlyingShooter FlyingShooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 348
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

My Juggarnaut install is pretty decent, I’d rate it a solid 7-8 out of 10. My main issues with it are that every time I takedown the rifle for cleaning, etc. the small pin jumps the track on the juggernaut detent and I end up basically having to reinstall the kit all over again....frustrating. Also I have had to cut a notch and file smooth the backend of the followers on Hexmag mags, otherwise the BCG would hang up on it.

Other than that, it works great and I am overall happy with it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-19-2018, 10:16 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I had a quick & simple idea. Somehow, I am trying to improvise Gen 2 Maglock and attaching to a regular magazine release. So when upper is closed, it will lock the magazine release. But when the upper has even a tiny opening, the release will allow to magazine drop freely like normal. Simple, ain't it?

The reason for not using the original parts from Maglock is because assembled parts don't work reliably and somewhat flimsy especially the magazine catch part. I would rather attached to regular magazine release parts.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM
apbrian112's Avatar
apbrian112 apbrian112 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dodgertown
Posts: 3,136
iTrader: 86 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
I feel the same. Reload is almost same as regular reload only one extra step to take, closing the upper which is a breeze.

I also get to keep other features as well.
LOLOLOLOL... I'll race you; first to dump 30 rounds legally wins the other guys rifle. #standardcaps #no10roundlimit #youlose

I'm just playing around; I understand that not everyone has legally owned standard capacity magazines.
I have a couple of maglocked firearms and went with the FC Hook + Bear Flag/Mean Arms loader method.
I didn't want to unpin/weld and pin/weld new muzzle brakes on my 14.5" rifles with flash hiders and I also have AR Pistols. The rest of em are featureless.

Last edited by apbrian112; 06-19-2018 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: added text to stay on topic
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,269
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
I had a quick & simple idea. Somehow, I am trying to improvise Gen 2 Maglock and attaching to a regular magazine release. So when upper is closed, it will lock the magazine release. But when the upper has even a tiny opening, the release will allow to magazine drop freely like normal. Simple, ain't it?

The reason for not using the original parts from Maglock is because assembled parts don't work reliably and somewhat flimsy especially the magazine catch part. I would rather attached to regular magazine release parts.
I'm curious as to what is flimsy.

If the part is installed correctly it will be very rigid and not flimsy.

if you're leaving the screw loose to allow it to 'function' then its not properly installed.

If its properly installed and the tab prevents the upper from closing you may have to file back ever so slightly.

Please elaborate. There should be nothing flimsy about the installation at all.

You can PM me if you want so we dont flood this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-19-2018, 1:53 PM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protohyp View Post
I'm curious as to what is flimsy.

If the part is installed correctly it will be very rigid and not flimsy.

if you're leaving the screw loose to allow it to 'function' then its not properly installed.

If its properly installed and the tab prevents the upper from closing you may have to file back ever so slightly.

Please elaborate. There should be nothing flimsy about the installation at all.

You can PM me if you want so we dont flood this thread.
Majority part that I was getting little frustrated was the parts where I had to screw the magazine catch. The hole and the catch leg does not screw tight enough and wiggles which prevent a solid magazine release. Tried twig the screw in and out little by little, but just could not find the sweet spot where solid magazine release occurs and maglock goes back to the position where I can close it. Plus I was not happy with the spring it came with. It just could be me, but I did not feel that pressure that used to I felt on my index finger. I think I will adjust the maglock parts where it hit the frame by sanding it down very tiny bit.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-19-2018, 1:55 PM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Does any body actually has experience with Battle Arms BAD-MRB or HOGUE Freedom Fighter?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-19-2018, 5:37 PM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,269
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Majority part that I was getting little frustrated was the parts where I had to screw the magazine catch. The hole and the catch leg does not screw tight enough and wiggles which prevent a solid magazine release. Tried twig the screw in and out little by little, but just could not find the sweet spot where solid magazine release occurs and maglock goes back to the position where I can close it. Plus I was not happy with the spring it came with. It just could be me, but I did not feel that pressure that used to I felt on my index finger. I think I will adjust the maglock parts where it hit the frame by sanding it down very tiny bit.
the screw should be tight and nothing should wiggle at all.

Try a standard mag release spring and again make sure that the maglock is 90 degrees to the receiver.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protohyp View Post
the screw should be tight and nothing should wiggle at all.

Try a standard mag release spring and again make sure that the maglock is 90 degrees to the receiver.
What the heck. We will give it another try just for you. I was thinking of applying some locktite and sanding down the lock anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-20-2018, 10:28 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just finishing ordering the Hogue Freedom Fighter and some other stuffs for installation.

I will post the result with Freedom Fighter and KingPin combination.

If this combination actually works, it will be the BOMB!!!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-20-2018, 10:30 AM
Mendo223's Avatar
Mendo223 Mendo223 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,259
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70runner View Post
Newscum will come for the SA, then bolt action, then handguns, bet on it. He'll gain immediate leftist deity (next to Barack Hussein O) when he approves firearm confiscation to make PRK a gun free sanctuary state, aka socialist utopia. This will evolve into his primary presidential platform.

Cox is the only antidote.
Newsom is gonna really try to ban all guns in California...

im sure that will really stop all the gangbangers in SF and Oakland from owning weapons though.

thank god my local sheriff issued a press release saying he will not follow any gun control orders. most of the Jefferson state is still pro 2nd and the sheriffs issue carry permits.

i grew up in the bay area and used to love that place, now the thought of wasting an entire day in traffic to visit that cesspool gives me anxiety.

long live the north state! time to secede from these liberal cucks...
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-21-2018, 9:16 AM
4GLOCK30 4GLOCK30 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

FWIW I bought and installed the ARMaglock2 with Kingpin. Yeah it adds another keystroke to releasing the magazine but easily done with thumb to push kingpin before finger releases magazine

My friend just bought a Daniels Defense AR used at a local gun store that had one installed (the Daniels had all features)

There is no permanent altercation to the gun, it can easily be restored with a mil spec mag release and take down pin when one moves out of CA.


Other than the extra keystroke of thumb pressing kingpin first there is no change in gun operation. The rear upper rises about 1/16" and no further allowing the mag release button to eject the magazine and then you push back the lower/upper to lock them together. Very easy. The Kingpin can be removed for any gun cleaning and easily re-installed. You replace the spring and take down pin with the ones that come in the kit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARMaglock 1.jpg (96.8 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by 4GLOCK30; 07-02-2018 at 9:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-21-2018, 9:20 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,269
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLOCK30 View Post
FWIW I bought and installed the ARMaglock2 with Kingpin. Yeah it adds another keystroke to releasing the magazine but easily done with thumb to push kingpin before finger releases magazine

My friend just bought a Daniels Defense AR used at a local gun store that had one installed (the Daniels had all features)

There is no permanent altercation to the gun, it can easily be restored with a mil spec mag release and take down pin when one moves out of CA.


Other than the extra keystroke of thumb pressing kingpin first there is no change in gun operation. The rear upper rises about 1/16" and no further allowing the mag release button to eject the magazine and then you push back the lower/upper to lock them together. Very easy


Push both the Kingpin and AR Maglock at the same time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
GET YOUR SOLO KINGPINS!!! While Supplies Last!

https://armaglock.com/product/ar-mag...-5-56-kingpin/


Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-21-2018, 9:22 AM
Strykeback Strykeback is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,290
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLOCK30 View Post
FWIW I bought and installed the ARMaglock2 with Kingpin. Yeah it adds another keystroke to releasing the magazine but easily done with thumb to push kingpin before finger releases magazine

My friend just bought a Daniels Defense AR used at a local gun store that had one installed (the Daniels had all features)

There is no permanent altercation to the gun, it can easily be restored with a mil spec mag release and take down pin when one moves out of CA.


Other than the extra keystroke of thumb pressing kingpin first there is no change in gun operation. The rear upper rises about 1/16" and no further allowing the mag release button to eject the magazine and then you push back the lower/upper to lock them together. Very easy
Thats a really slick setup. I had gone the hellfightwr route and one of my pistols is a new frontier billet lower. Had to do some modification to ensure the parts actually worked. For the bolt catch replacement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-21-2018, 9:30 AM
4GLOCK30 4GLOCK30 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

yeah you can basically push the kingpin and mag release simultaneously. Once you use it a few times it just becomes "normal"


Unlike several other "CA Compliant Mag Release" devices on the market, this one does not eliminate the forward slide release lock or require any "dermal" use. It is very plug & play

By definition the gun now has a "fixed magazine"...

I downloaded the DOJ filing ARMaglock posts on their site.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-21-2018, 3:53 PM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLOCK30 View Post
yeah you can basically push the kingpin and mag release simultaneously. Once you use it a few times it just becomes "normal"


Unlike several other "CA Compliant Mag Release" devices on the market, this one does not eliminate the forward slide release lock or require any "dermal" use. It is very plug & play

By definition the gun now has a "fixed magazine"...

I downloaded the DOJ filing ARMaglock posts on their site.
If you don't mind, let me ask for a tip. For me I am having a tiny problem with magazine catch. Before I do another try, I was wonder if similar thing is happening to you.

Basically, I am having a minor problem getting the magazine catch screwed in with it's leg or stick or whatever. I just can't get to the sweet spot where magazine drops/ejects freely and have upper closed without maglock blocking it. If I back up the screw then maglock interference goes away but magazine does not drop/eject freely. I hope I am being cleared.

I am planning to file down the maglock block ledge a bit to see if I can tweek around it. Any advise you can give me or yours just worked 100% perfectly?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-21-2018, 4:15 PM
Snapplefacts Snapplefacts is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 64
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I have nothing important to add nor is this directed at anyone here and whatever choice y'all choose is up to each individual, but....

anyone else find it ironic the names of some of these compliance devices: freedom fighter, Patriot pin, etc.

Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-21-2018, 6:29 PM
ACfixer's Avatar
ACfixer ACfixer is online now
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KAPV-L35 SoCal
Posts: 2,088
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70runner View Post
Newscum will come for the SA, then bolt action, then handguns, bet on it. He'll gain immediate leftist deity (next to Barack Hussein O) when he approves firearm confiscation to make PRK a gun free sanctuary state, aka socialist utopia. This will evolve into his primary presidential platform.

Cox is the only antidote.
I agree 99%, I'm just not sure Cox is the antidote. Chicago swamp rat. He's got my vote, but I don't like him or trust him.
__________________


Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:12 AM
4GLOCK30 4GLOCK30 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
If you don't mind, let me ask for a tip. For me I am having a tiny problem with magazine catch. Before I do another try, I was wonder if similar thing is happening to you.

Basically, I am having a minor problem getting the magazine catch screwed in with it's leg or stick or whatever. I just can't get to the sweet spot where magazine drops/ejects freely and have upper closed without maglock blocking it. If I back up the screw then maglock interference goes away but magazine does not drop/eject freely. I hope I am being cleared.

I am planning to file down the maglock block ledge a bit to see if I can tweek around it. Any advise you can give me or yours just worked 100% perfectly?
If I understand you right...the magazine does not "freely" drop when the ARMaglock (gen 2 with Kingpin) mag release button is pushed with the upper slightly separated unless you have the small alan screw slightly lose. Right?

If so then "slightly" filing the tab on the lever that goes against the magazine should resolve...assuming I understand your ?

FWIW my install was plug & play on my S&W M&P. Works flawlessly. I have fired 100's of rounds and magazine release was flawless every time. I use the Magpul 10 round magazines but have also auditioned the gun with various brands of 30 round magazines. All freely drop
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:20 AM
SauerGrapes SauerGrapes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 42
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRTY DOG View Post
Hogue Freedom Fighter plus KingPin (once the KingPin is sold individually, doesn't need to be installed bey the deadline).
I have the Hogue kit pair with the Juggernaut Tactical Hellfighter pin. Next build is definitely getting the Gen 2 MagLock kit. The ability to reload with an open bolt is a huge difference-maker in my opinion. With the bolt back, the receivers will not separate far enough to disengage the Hogue Freedom Fighter pin.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:24 AM
SauerGrapes SauerGrapes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 42
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Have you tried this combo, yet? I was reluctant of those two only because I was not sure of opening of the upper with the KingPin is wide enough for the Freedom Fighter pin to operate.
I have this setup, and it works with the bolt closed, but with the bolt open there isn't enough separation between the receivers.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:27 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLOCK30 View Post
If I understand you right...the magazine does not "freely" drop when the ARMaglock (gen 2 with Kingpin) mag release button is pushed with the upper slightly separated unless you have the small alan screw slightly lose. Right?

If so then "slightly" filing the tab on the lever that goes against the magazine should resolve...assuming I understand your ?

FWIW my install was plug & play on my S&W M&P. Works flawlessly. I have fired 100's of rounds and magazine release was flawless every time. I use the Magpul 10 round magazines but have also auditioned the gun with various brands of 30 round magazines. All freely drop
Thank. That's what I've been guessing what I should try.

Next project. Attaching regular mil spec magazine release button to ARMaglock. In that case I can use regular mil spec magazine catch, release button, and release. Shouldn't be that hard. I just need to figure out how I will attach them. Maybe tap and thread them together or something similar.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:35 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 425
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
I agree 99%, I'm just not sure Cox is the antidote. Chicago swamp rat. He's got my vote, but I don't like him or trust him.
I don't believe he's the antidote either, BUT him winning would sure send a sign to all California politicians to stop treading on the inland population.

That CAN happen if we encourage every gun owner (left or right) to vote for pro-2A candidates. If they don't vote, or they vote for the other guy, they will be responsible for a gunmageddon or gunpocalypse like we've never seen.

Yesterday I became much more concerned about how much of an uphill battle this will be when I spoke with a gun owner who wasn't totally sure who the current governor was and said we needed to recall him. Also, he'd never heard of Newsom when I told him what was coming in November. So, clearly this will be an uphill battle, but not an impossible one. Please everyone who reads this, VOTE and encourage others to do the same from today up to the General election on November 4th. If they are ignorant, don't tell them they are stupid, just strongly encourage them to how important this is.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:46 AM
4GLOCK30 4GLOCK30 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Thank. That's what I've been guessing what I should try.

Next project. Attaching regular mil spec magazine release button to ARMaglock. In that case I can use regular mil spec magazine catch, release button, and release. Shouldn't be that hard. I just need to figure out how I will attach them. Maybe tap and thread them together or something similar.
???

a mil spec mag release button by itself will not make the gun "CA compliant" as a mil spec mag release button will just release the mag without separating upper from lower.

The ARMaglock release button prevents the mag release "until" you separate the upper & lower with the Kingpin (or regular take down pin you pull out)

IDK what gun brand you have but my M&P & Daniel Defense AR the ARMaglock mag release button using their included spring and release tab bar held on with the alan screw work flawlessly on both guns

I have the stock mil spec release buttons, spring and "L" bars to restore the guns back to "normal" when I move from CA. Will only take a few minutes to restore the guns to regular mag release

There is a note in install instructions you "may" have to file the thin flat edge of the release button "slightly" if your guns upper does not release far enough so the mag release buttons upper edge does not fit in the small gap of the upper & lower (allowing the mag release button to be pushed in far enough to release mag). On both my AR's this was not a problem and again both work very well. YMMV
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-22-2018, 9:52 AM
4GLOCK30 4GLOCK30 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Regarding anything to do with 2A rights....Newsom is the anti-Christ for 2A rights.

Cox is the only option but in a state as blue as CA...going to take every gun owner (D or R) to vote to make sure Newsom does not get elected.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM
Arms Room California Arms Room California is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthippus View Post
Featureless. The ability to quickly change the magazine and reload is paramount and in tandem with the right to bear arms. I've heard the arguments for AW-registration, the continuous appeal for desirable features "if only you do this...", and from each advocate of this position is also an unhealthy and dangerous amount of faith and co-dependence in the state and its various political whims. They have more faith than I do, and I am myself a Christian who believes in a God separate from my five senses.

Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.
This.
__________________
Dan



Leviathan Featureless Grip
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:39 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLOCK30 View Post
???

a mil spec mag release button by itself will not make the gun "CA compliant" as a mil spec mag release button will just release the mag without separating upper from lower.

The ARMaglock release button prevents the mag release "until" you separate the upper & lower with the Kingpin (or regular take down pin you pull out)
Just imagine release button and ARMaglock (the body part) attached (screwed) together.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:26 AM
W.R.Buchanan's Avatar
W.R.Buchanan W.R.Buchanan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ojai CA
Posts: 597
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The key to Cox winning is flipping the Hispanic Vote.

They are not liberals! They are as conservative as it gets! They vote the way they vote because teh democrats promise them free everything and yet deliver nothing.

The Democrats don't give a ship about any one other than themselves. All they need Hispanics for is ,,,Votes!

We need to convince Hispanics they are being used. And that shouldn't be too hard because it would take a complete moron to not see it. Not everyone is completely stupid, and if presented correctly it will change this election.

I personally prefer the in your face billboards around all the big cities.

How about this. Big picture of Nancy with "Hey Nancy what about DACA?" Maybe if they vote you back in you'll get to it after you Impeach Trump!"

But where's the RNC? They are doing nothing here because they are willing to conceed CA. WTF. This is winnable.

Randy
__________________
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:33 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,269
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Just imagine release button and ARMaglock (the body part) attached (screwed) together.


Canít do it. The arm will move too much because the mag release and thread interaction wonít hold it at 90Deg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
GET YOUR SOLO KINGPINS!!! While Supplies Last!

https://armaglock.com/product/ar-mag...-5-56-kingpin/


Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:40 AM
enorbit3's Avatar
enorbit3 enorbit3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SFV
Posts: 177
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShooter View Post
I think Juggernaut designed the kit for the more common roll pin(mil-spec) setup than the screw in allen head style. Probably going to have to go with something else...
weird cuz the Juggernaut lowers dont have the roll pin for the mag catch.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:52 AM
4GLOCK30 4GLOCK30 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Just imagine release button and ARMaglock (the body part) attached (screwed) together.
the mounting of a mil spec button (how it attaches to the bar) is completely different on the ARMaglock one

Not seeing how you mate a mil spec button to the ARMaglock bar......without fabricating and attaching a mid bar like the ARMaglock has that then screws onto the left side bar on the AR

There are other "mag lock" aka "CA compliant" magazine release devices that do use a standard mil spec button. Those devices lock the movement of the mag release on the left side of the gun. Typically installed where the bolt lock is which needs to be removed....a HUGE issue on any AR IMHO as you want to be able to lock the bolt back.

This device, called CalCatch uses a mil spec release button.....but seems WAY more cumbersome to use than just the ARMaglock Gen2 with Kingpin IMHO

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9396&FORM=VIRE

I know someone who uses the CalCatch and the ARMaglock "kingpin". Not what I would do but another example of piecing parts from various kits to get what one may prefer. In the case of this person he felt the ARMaglock mag release scratches his exploding wallet Daniel Defense upper.....I needed a magnifying glass to see wtf he was talking about. Maybe his finish on his Daniel upper is different than my M&P....which I have no problem with nor do I on "my" DD AR15. But again each to their own
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Rhyyke's Avatar
Rhyyke Rhyyke is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Empire of the Inland
Posts: 2,451
iTrader: 39 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
The key to Cox winning is flipping the Hispanic Vote.

They are not liberals! They are as conservative as it gets! They vote the way they vote because teh democrats promise them free everything and yet deliver nothing.

The Democrats don't give a ship about any one other than themselves. All they need Hispanics for is ,,,Votes!

We need to convince Hispanics they are being used. And that shouldn't be too hard because it would take a complete moron to not see it. Not everyone is completely stupid, and if presented correctly it will change this election.

I personally prefer the in your face billboards around all the big cities.

How about this. Big picture of Nancy with "Hey Nancy what about DACA?" Maybe if they vote you back in you'll get to it after you Impeach Trump!"

But where's the RNC? They are doing nothing here because they are willing to conceed CA. WTF. This is winnable.

Randy
This point really should be emphasized. Hispanics, along with Asians are not natural Democrats or Liberals. In terms of their values, minorities often align much more with the Republican party. But the Left has injected the message of "Republicans are for white people" into politics and we have not successfully countered their point. I say this as a Republican-voting Asian American.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-22-2018, 2:03 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 425
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
This point really should be emphasized. Hispanics, along with Asians are not natural Democrats or Liberals. In terms of their values, minorities often align much more with the Republican party. But the Left has injected the message of "Republicans are for white people" into politics and we have not successfully countered their point. I say this as a Republican-voting Asian American.
Excellent point and observation. Thanks for not falling for their false narrative. Freedom, conservative values, and the Constitution are for everyone, not just old straight white men!!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-22-2018, 3:25 PM
enorbit3's Avatar
enorbit3 enorbit3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SFV
Posts: 177
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

And just like that, the thread is way off topic.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-25-2018, 8:15 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Another interesting maglock came out. Supertool made Compliant Rifle Lock. It's looks like the AR Maglock first gen. But it does not really show how to install it where you actually install or just stick it with magnetic.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-25-2018, 11:48 AM
code_blue's Avatar
code_blue code_blue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moscow, Democratic People's Republik of Kaliforniazakstan
Posts: 2,821
iTrader: 102 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Another interesting maglock came out. Supertool made Compliant Rifle Lock. It's looks like the AR Maglock first gen. But it does not really show how to install it where you actually install or just stick it with magnetic.
That's exactly what it is; a magnet. It uses a magnet that removes the locking pin when the action is open to convert for free-state use. Otherwise, the pin is in place and prevents the mag release from working with the action closed. Still, without the specific details, it is sketchy for sure.

Last edited by code_blue; 06-25-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-25-2018, 3:57 PM
hyperrex8 hyperrex8 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 172
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykeback View Post
I feel like since we are discussing a few mag locks and bolt catch options this would be a good place to ask. Anyone ran into a lower that wouldnt work with juggernauts hellfighter kit? The maglock portion doesnt fit in my new frontier armory lower due to hit having a allewrench screw instead of a rollpin for the boltcatch?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I got a Seekins lower with the Allen key and it works fine, just have to play with it a lil bit!!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-25-2018, 4:12 PM
code_blue's Avatar
code_blue code_blue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moscow, Democratic People's Republik of Kaliforniazakstan
Posts: 2,821
iTrader: 102 / 100%
Default

Most of these kits require some form of fitting to your receiver set. I have found that the JT's mag locking device requires a bit of shaping to function correctly.

The ARMagLock Gen2 requires shaping for the bolt lock back/mag release combination to work for your particular receiver sets.

When we get into non-traditional designs like the AR10 patterns or AR9 patterns or billet designs, more fitting is required.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-26-2018, 1:43 PM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

As I am pretty happy with MagLock Gen2 & KingPin option, I want to explorer more options, like CalCatch Unmodified with KingPin.

Does any one have experience CalCatch Unmodified with KingPin?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-02-2018, 9:41 AM
gpark09's Avatar
gpark09 gpark09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

For the reference... I would like to report back that KingPin & Freedom Fighter combo did work flawless.

This would be the option for those who would like to stick with mil spec magazine release parts.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM
FlyingShooter FlyingShooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 348
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
For the reference... I would like to report back that KingPin & Freedom Fighter combo did work flawless.

This would be the option for those who would like to stick with mil spec magazine release parts.
Awesome. I am really curious about the CalCatch Unmodified with Kingpin though...Let us know if you try that one too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:07 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.