Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-27-2013, 5:24 PM

Almost a year since ordering and still no receipt of product...

But I do get 3-4 emails per day on all the great deals you can get at Ares...

These A-holes are beyond POS...
Old 12-27-2013, 7:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian64 View Post
Almost a year since ordering and still no receipt of product...

But I do get 3-4 emails per day on all the great deals you can get at Ares...

These A-holes are beyond POS...
It's just their anodized product. Upgrade to the billet and you'll have a lower immediately; That's what I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
12050[CCW] licenses will be shall issue soon.

-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse……..except for police.
Old 01-15-2014, 4:09 PM

Sorry for the thread necro but I thought it was pertinent.

333 days..........
That's how long it took Ares to send me my forged anodized 80% lowers. I just got them today.

Thank God! Now I can finally mark their daily Email @#%T as spam and never have to deal with them again.
Old 01-15-2014, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

Been trying to get a refund for two months, all I get are excuses, they have had my money for over a year!

Former: Knight of Front Sight &
Gold Star Member
Old 01-15-2014, 10:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

And yet word is, they are up at SHOT with a booth taking orders on 80% 1911 frames, AR15 and AR10 lowers.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
Sorry for the thread necro but I thought it was pertinent.

333 days..........
That's how long it took Ares to send me my forged anodized 80% lowers. I just got them today.

Thank God! Now I can finally mark their daily Email @#%T as spam and never have to deal with them again.
Not spam if you signed up. You could just unsubscribe.
Old 02-06-2014, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
And yet word is, they are up at SHOT with a booth taking orders on 80% 1911 frames, AR15 and AR10 lowers.
As I said, the only thing they screwed the pooch on was 80% anodized AR15 lowers... everything else was going out on time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
12050[CCW] licenses will be shall issue soon.

-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse……..except for police.
Old 02-06-2014, 9:35 AM

I'm new to building an AR, and have absolutely no experience with their website. That being said, I picked up a firearm from Quantico the other day and decided to stop by the shop since it was right around the corner. Ended up picking up 2 blemished lowers for 55 a piece and an auto BCG for 85. From what I've been seeing these were both great prices and they good to me! The guy working there was nice and even talked to me about various other manufactures for uppers and LPK's, not trying to push any of their stuff onto me. Apparently a good review isn't the norm on this place, but I have no complaints with my experience...
Old 02-14-2014, 8:53 PM

Finally - after 1 year - I got my 80% lowers...

Average quality...

These guys really suck - will never ever do business with them again...

GFYS!!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 9:23 PM

I ordered an anodized lower when the panic hit in 2012..they said it will be at least 6 months...I said ok...6 months later it showed up...then I ordered 2 blem lowers for 55 each..and had them in my hand in under 4 days...you can bash them all you want but being a small business and having the gun world in a panic for almost a year probably took them by surprise and their suppliers could not keep up...but so far I have no problem with them...
Old 03-18-2014, 8:17 PM

Has their service improved?
Old 03-18-2014, 8:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E__WOK View Post
Old 03-19-2014, 6:07 AM

Stop beeching!
Old 03-19-2014, 6:18 AM
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.
Old 03-19-2014, 6:37 AM

Every time I am at Camp Pendleton for business I stop by Ares to pick up some lowers and parts, (better than paying by card via mail order and ending up on someone's raid list) I have never experienced these problems, sorry for your luck, I know it's not much of an excuse for them but they are a young company give them some time.
Old 03-19-2014, 8:07 AM
Calguns Addict

This is the company in the news? The ones on their website charging 143$ For a 80%!!!

Ya good luck with that
Old 05-03-2014, 10:02 AM

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to post what I just found out.

I purchased one of the Harpe uppers a couple months ago now from Ares when it was at $495 and since it was my first purchase for an item like this I didn't think much of the fact that I was being charged right then when the product had a 90 day lead time. From what I read, what I could get from them for $500 was much better than what would be able to get anywhere else for even close to that price. Again I'm new to the build process and there's so many companies out there I could be mistaken on that.

It was only now that I really started looking more in depth at things and came across your site with all the stories about guys who have yet to get their orders. Then I looked them up on the BBB and saw the same issues so I thought I might be screwed. So I called Capital One and asked them what options I have just in case I don't get what I paid for. It was explained to me that if you pay for something that has a lead time of "X" before you are supposed to receive the product or service and it was understood that was the case when you paid for it, the 60 day window for the dispute starts AFTER the expected date of receipt.

This eased my mind and thank god I didn't pay for it with a debit card or I could end up being screwed. I'll update when/if I get the upper and if anyone has a recommendation for companies with high quality full uppers that won't cost me $800 that would be great.

Semper Fi
Old 05-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBri68 View Post
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to post what I just found out.

I purchased one of the Harpe uppers a couple months ago now from Ares when it was at $495 and since it was my first purchase for an item like this I didn't think much of the fact that I was being charged right then when the product had a 90 day lead time. From what I read, what I could get from them for $500 was much better than what would be able to get anywhere else for even close to that price. Again I'm new to the build process and there's so many companies out there I could be mistaken on that.

It was only now that I really started looking more in depth at things and came across your site with all the stories about guys who have yet to get their orders. Then I looked them up on the BBB and saw the same issues so I thought I might be screwed. So I called Capital One and asked them what options I have just in case I don't get what I paid for. It was explained to me that if you pay for something that has a lead time of "X" before you are supposed to receive the product or service and it was understood that was the case when you paid for it, the 60 day window for the dispute starts AFTER the expected date of receipt.

This eased my mind and thank god I didn't pay for it with a debit card or I could end up being screwed. I'll update when/if I get the upper and if anyone has a recommendation for companies with high quality full uppers that won't cost me $800 that would be great.

Semper Fi
Screw Ares Armor. This could be at your house in a couple days along with a bunch of free gear. (They usually send dvds, a hat, slip ewl lube, stickers etc) There are more on the site i just grabbed the first mid length.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...d-16%20bfh.htm

EDIT. i just went to the website to see the upper you are waiting on. Nice deal but look at all the red flags on that page.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/aa_BAupper

Quote:
If you do not want to pre-order this item and would prefer to spend the extra money for an in-stock item you may sign up for notification.
Inform me when available. I will risk it and buy at the higher price.
Sounds like an interest free loan.

Then All those check box acknowledgments......screw that. No company does that but them. You do know they are in a legal trouble as well right?

Last edited by pitbull30; 05-03-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 7:32 AM

Yea I got caught up in looking at the upper and paid for it before I saw the links for the issues with the ATF.

I actually sent them an email asking about it and was assured that the issues with the polymer lowers wouldn't be affecting my order at all.

At this point all I can do is wait and see what happens since I'm already 60 days in. Thanks for the links and I'll definitely be keeping them in mind if I don't get what I ordered.

I actually shot them an email expressing my concerns so we'll see what their response is if/when they get back to me.

Last edited by MarineBri68; 05-04-2014 at 7:34 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 7:43 AM

the 500 price was not even that great for the upper, you can get a similar one for <500 everyday price at PSA and you don't have to be advertising multiple Ares logo on your rifle.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:46 AM

wow, whats up with the phony reviews...

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/aa_BAupper
Old 05-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm sure their "Lip Service" is outstanding....for THEM!
Old 05-04-2014, 3:27 PM

Have they improved since the 2013 80% lower fiasco?
Old 05-04-2014, 4:47 PM

As PSA was already mentioned... Their "long" wait times are 2-3 weeks average... not months and months. Ares probably paid this months rent on their new Oceanside place with your free money.
Old 05-04-2014, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider04 View Post
As PSA was already mentioned... Their "long" wait times are 2-3 weeks average... not months and months. Ares probably paid this months rent on their new Oceanside place with your free money.
Yep. Many members on this board are very happy with PSA. I don't see many Ares enthusiasts.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html
Old 05-24-2014, 7:10 AM

Default So an update on my order

I posted a couple weeks ago about my Harpe Upper order from Ares and I have an update. I ordered this on March 6th and I just got my shipping notification yesterday. It's going thru USPS so it might still be up to a week for it to get to me, but even with that it's still under the 90 day lead time they stated.

After reading the posts on here I shot them an email with my concerns but didn't get a response, however I called an talked to someone a couple days later and he let me know at that time they were getting shipments in and they would be fulfilling the orders for the 6th in a week or 2.

I know many of you guys have a bad taste in your mouth with the company but maybe they are actually trying to turn things around now. Either that or I was just lucky.

The PSA upper that was listed http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html isn't too bad but the price doesn't include the BCG and charging handle so that being the case it would be just as much if not more than I paid.........plus I like the rail system on this one.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.

Semper Fi
Old 05-24-2014, 7:30 AM

i guess it wasn't as bad back when i got mine a year or two ago. just walked in. bought my lowers walked out... went to the shop and i used their cnc machine. super easy... if you can just go see them. i bet they hook up walk ins much better than internet customers, just how it goes with a brick and mortar shop.
Old 05-30-2014, 9:26 AM

Well since I'm about 3000 miles from there at the moment it'd be kinda hard to walk in lol

Oh and my upper is waiting for me when I get home. So it was about a week for shipping.
Old 06-02-2014, 8:32 PM

No love from Northwest Custom Precision. Ordered 6 month ago. Still nothing.
Old 06-05-2014, 6:17 PM

Add me to the list of disappointed Ares Armor customers. They truly suck!

Last edited by BoneyJive; 06-05-2014 at 6:50 PM..
Old 06-14-2014, 9:31 AM

Well I've dealt with Ares and PSA and maybe I've just been lucky but they've both worked out well for me. I had a couple of delays in shipping from PSA but the parts have always been fine. I've had more problems with gun show parts than anything. Anyway I got my Ares upper a couple weeks ago and put 200 rounds through it. Not a single issue. It's probably the tightest fitting upper lower combo I have. Sorry to hear about so many problems for others. I'm glad I didn't read them before I ordered or I probably would have skipped the buy.

Guns are like chips, you can't stop at just one!
Old 06-14-2014, 9:35 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^ not to dismiss your good fortune... but it seems like most (if not all) the positive Ares posts are from new members...

not sure if that means current purchases are non issues or if there's something else going on...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^ not to dismiss your good fortune... but it seems like most (if not all) the positive Ares posts are from new members...

not sure if that means current purchases are non issues or if there's something else going on...
Ya I can understand that. I just got into all of this last year. I built another one with other parts and a different lower and it sucked balls. Hopefully I learn what I've got wrong on it. Seems like it might have to do with the ejector on the BCG. I probably shouldn't have been so cheap at the gun show! lol Any how I was just excited how the build turned out and while looking for other Ares builds found this thread. Thought I would post.
thanks.
Loving Calguns, getting tired of California's bad laws.
Old 06-15-2014, 9:02 AM

My Harpe upper arrived yesterday. Took 8 weeks as they stated it would.

Last edited by Trout_fear_me; 06-16-2014 at 5:51 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niviticus View Post
Have they improved since the 2013 80% lower fiasco?

Yes they have. I order a NiB BCG and got it within 4 days (ordered on a Friday got it on a Tuesday) although I am in LA County. Quality seems good a few markings up top, but for the price it can't be beat. We will find out how she holds up. Just my .02!
Old 09-01-2014, 8:41 AM
Veteran Member

Ares Armor BCG for $80...

http://www.slickguns.com/product/are...up-bcg-auto-79

hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbos17 View Post
Yes they have. I order a NiB BCG and got it within 4 days (ordered on a Friday got it on a Tuesday) although I am in LA County. Quality seems good a few markings up top, but for the price it can't be beat. We will find out how she holds up. Just my .02!
And how's that holding up BTW?

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing
Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyincali View Post
1. First of all, they billed me MONTHS ago for a product I still haven't received.

2. They are hard to reach, and do not reply to emails

3. If they do reply to emails, its a short, generic reply.

4. They do NOT keep customers updated on products already paid for.

Now, I'm sure there's going to be tons of guys on here saying "they are great guys!" "they are ex military" "they are supporting our gun rights!" For those reasons I waited this long to bash them......but I'm done. A poorly run company is a poorly run company, and they are one if I've ever seen it. If a company is SO busy that they are working around the clock for months on end, they are making money hand over fist. When making money hand over fist, you should hire as many phone/email people as it takes to reply to every email promptly. So...end of rant....

So reason for this thread.....
Has anyone received their products ordered late December?

I just walked in there a few weeks ago. They had a few items on sale. The fully machined 80% lowers from forgings were about $60, and they also had some BCG's on sale. I saw a couple of people buying full packages, complete uppers, 80% lowers with all the hardware. They didn't seem to be lacking anything.
Old 09-01-2014, 1:33 PM

Near as I can tell they have fixed many of their inventory issues.