Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 2:09 PM
Calguns Addict

You're not really a loyal customer if it takes $50 to lose you.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 AM

Get over it.
Old 08-29-2012, 5:29 AM

Im not saying whats right or wrong in this situation.

But plain and simple. Good customer service is good for business.

Refunding that 50$ to the customer would not really cost them anything, but it would make the customer more comfortable in ordering.

The more Comfortable the customer is the more hes likely to buy more products even when they dont need them,
and blah blah blah blah all over the interweb about how great of company they are " I even bought an Upper receiver and they refunded 50$ when it went on sale" blah blah blah

Good Reviews + Good Prices = More business So why not??

Write this down it will increase business.

Last edited by darkcrave; 08-29-2012 at 5:45 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 5:40 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

The OP is 100% in the right, any worthy retailer would be happy to extend the refund. In fact some retailers will honor the price drop for 30 days or more...PA made the wrong call on this one.

For the guys tellin him to "get over it" etc, be sure to pool up amd send him 50.00. If it were me the upper would probably be on its way back to PA.

ETA: I'd send it back because somebody from CS said NO to a perfectly legitimate request. Customer service is HUGELY important when I do business with somebody, as such I am just as much a stickler when it comes to our own CS department. We have policies in place to ensure our customers are satisfied when they hang up the phone. They(the customer) will get either a detailed explanation as to why we cannot meet their request coupled with a way to make it up to them or we will happily(emphasis on happily) fulfill their request...either way they hang up in a better mood.

It is my belief that this policy has helped us grow from a one man show(my father making deliveries around town in his Ford Probe) to a 500 employee operation covering the whole of CA. We have grown all these years via word of mouth alone. We've never had to advertise because our quality of service and customer care sells the business for us. I frequently put calls into the CS department to listen to how they answer the phone, check their tone and correct/praise as required.

Last edited by guns4life; 08-29-2012 at 9:14 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 6:22 AM

PSA this would be a good time to comment also
Old 08-29-2012, 6:30 AM

All of you talking crap about the op would be pissed also if you were in his shoes.

Last edited by socal44; 08-29-2012 at 7:15 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 7:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Sorry, but it isn't my decision to refund his money. There isn't anything I can do here, and you can't expect to get a refund (from any company in any industry) just because they had a sale after you placed your order.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 08-29-2012, 7:24 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
Sorry, but it isn't my decision to refund his money. There isn't anything I can do here, and you can't expect to get a refund (from any company in any industry) just because they had a sale after you placed your order.

You most certainly can, it's called a "price adjustment" and just about every retailer does it.

Old 08-29-2012, 8:59 AM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
You most certainly can, it's called a "price adjustment" and just about every retailer does it.
He liked the price when he bought, I don't get what the big deal is. Also all companies don't give a price adjustment.
Old 08-29-2012, 9:02 AM

Quote:

Copes Placed an order two days before a sale, saw they had the sale. I called them and they refunded me the difference.

One Source Purchased a small small trigger spring, flat rate shipping was 10.00. I called and they adjusted the shipping to the actual cost 1.99

You can always do "something" even if its sending him a 10% off his next purchase. Saying you cant do "anything" is just ridiculous.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 PM
CGN Contributor

it was still a different product from what the OP bought.
Old 09-03-2012, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

USA, Russia, China can put a man on the moon, 50$ can be refunded or even credited towards a future purchase.

Anyways, If I ran the store, id send back 50$ or partial or give a credit to keep a customer that will end up spending thousands if not more in the future.

1000$'s greater than 50$.
Old 09-03-2012, 9:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have never had much luck with PSA's CS so I tend to use other options before them.
Old 09-04-2012, 5:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
Anyways, If I ran the store, id send back 50$ or partial or give a credit to keep a customer that will end up spending thousands if not more in the future.
The item he ordered is different than the one that was on sale. It's like refunding someone for buying Tide because the generic brand detergent is on sale.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The item he ordered is different than the one that was on sale. It's like refunding someone for buying Tide because the generic brand detergent is on sale.
Well this wasnt pointed out. That changes the story then
Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:

I'd be damned. You mean the mall ninjas are wrong again?

When it comes to Calguns, 99.9% of the time the customers are wrong. lol.
Old 09-07-2012, 7:55 AM

Quote:
That's bull! I ordered something from http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com and the item went on sale the next day. The company refunded the difference no questions asked. I wouldn't pawn your company's ethics on the rest of the industry regardless if the OP is wrong. Don't lose customers over a thread.
Old 09-07-2012, 8:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1984 View Post
That's bull! I ordered something from http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com and the item went on sale the next day. The company refunded the difference no questions asked. I wouldn't pawn your company's ethics on the rest of the industry regardless if the OP is wrong. Don't lose customers over a thread.
If you'd bothered to read the entire thread, what went on sale wasn't the the fact same item.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: I cant wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
If you'd bothered to read the entire thread, what went on sale wasn't the the fact same item.
If you bothered to read what I posted you clearly would noticed I addressed that point.....that's if you did read it before you started assuming.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If you bothered to read what I posted you clearly would noticed I addressed that point.....that's if you did read it before you started assuming.
Lets examine the facts:

PSA:

Quote:
You:

Quote:
So, no you didn't even mention it. You had the SAME ITEM go on sale. Read your own posts.

You managing to get what you wanted on the same object you ordered is a completely different situation trhan the OP's pissing and moaning.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Lets examine the facts:

PSA:

You:

So, no you didn't even mention it. You had the SAME ITEM go on sale. Read your own posts.

You managing to get what you wanted on the same object you ordered is a completely different situation trhan the OP's pissing and moaning.
Ok before this gets any more childish....let me clarify my post(s).

First off I clearly stated that the OP was wrong...which he was for not stating crucial facts to his complaints.

Second off and this is my main issue which I don't think your comprehending is PSA statement before, regardless if the OP was wrong. PSA stated "There isn't anything I can do here, and you can't expect to get a refund (from any company in any industry) just because they had a sale after you placed your order."
That's when I proceeded to point out that PSA should not talk for others when it can barley handle its own CS. I mean I do not work in the retail work force, I work for uncle sam but how does this sound.

PSA- I'm sorry to hear about your recent unpleasant buying experience with us. Hear at Palmetto State Armory we are determined to bring nothing but the best customer service to our dedicated customers. Unfortunately due to our competitive prices and everyday lows we are unable to adjust the price of your recent order. We hope that you can understand this and we look forward to doing business in the feature. Here is a 5% off promo code for your next purchase. Thank you for being a valued costumer.

How easy was that?!?! Too easy! Don't say "there is nothing I can do." that is not customer service, that's a polite I don't care and we got your money.
It's 2012 not 1996....customer service is everything. I'm in the Army and I know that..."Hearts and Minds."

Now do you understand my viewpoint?...the OP was wrong but so was PSA...Check?

Last edited by Matt1984; 09-07-2012 at 1:00 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-07-2012, 3:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ok before this gets any more childish....let me clarify my post(s).

First off I clearly stated that the OP was wrong...which he was for not stating crucial facts to his complaints.

Second off and this is my main issue which I don't think your comprehending is PSA statement before, regardless if the OP was wrong. PSA stated "There isn't anything I can do here, and you can't expect to get a refund (from any company in any industry) just because they had a sale after you placed your order."
That's when I proceeded to point out that PSA should not talk for others when it can barley handle its own CS. I mean I do not work in the retail work force, I work for uncle sam but how does this sound.

PSA- I'm sorry to hear about your recent unpleasant buying experience with us. Hear at Palmetto State Armory we are determined to bring nothing but the best customer service to our dedicated customers. Unfortunately due to our competitive prices and everyday lows we are unable to adjust the price of your recent order. We hope that you can understand this and we look forward to doing business in the feature. Here is a 5% off promo code for your next purchase. Thank you for being a valued costumer.

How easy was that?!?! Too easy! Don't say "there is nothing I can do." that is not customer service, that's a polite I don't care and we got your money.
It's 2012 not 1996....customer service is everything. I'm in the Army and I know that..."Hearts and Minds."

Now do you understand my viewpoint?...the OP was wrong but so was PSA...Check?
I see your point, I simply agree to disagree. The OP came on here and acted like a spoiled brat. Simply put, he did nothing I can see to warrant anything other than "take your business elsewhere" from PSA. When my child acts like that, I blister his rear end.

Old 09-07-2012, 4:13 PM

Quote:
I see your point, I simply agree to disagree. The OP came on here and acted like a spoiled brat. Simply put, he did nothing I can see to warrant anything other than "take your business elsewhere" from PSA. When my child acts like that, I blister his rear end.
I totally see your viewpoint about the OP and his/her faults. At least we can agree to that I don't want us to get into lol
Old 09-07-2012, 4:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I totally see your viewpoint about the OP and his/her faults. At least we can agree to that I don't want us to get into lol
True enough

Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
Darn, they didn't honor their new price. I can recommend you order from Botach Tactical next. They'll definitely treat you right.
^--- this. I hear great things about Botach ;-)
Old 09-16-2012, 3:58 AM

Botach is great.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Calguns Addict

My son bought a $1800.guitar and a $1200 amp at Musicians friend and the amp went on sale 2 weeks after he received the order and a call to Musicians friend got the difference in price credited . They do the price guarantee to keep their loyal customers. Most gun buyers are not the best consumers.