Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 08-30-2012, 4:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default "Do-It-Yourself" Dueling Tree Target Kit! AR500 PLATE!!

I have received several PM's about dueling trees. Though I do not assemble/ship dueling tree targets because they are large and heavy (very expensive to ship), I do offer a kit for the "do-it-yourselfer". This is a Target Man ORIGINAL!

Your dueling tree is extremely easy to make with the use of my kit. Simply fabricate a simple base, use 1.5" angle iron for the riser, and weld on the pivot tubes. Insert the paddles in to the pivot tubes and you have a nice kit for 1/3 the cost of most manufacturers.

This kit comes with 6 paddles and 6 tubes. Each paddle is 5" in diameter. You supply the angle iron and base material!

***Recommendation: Use 1/4" angle iron (1.5" angle). When welding on the riser, always have the top of the riser slightly leaned towards the shooter (approx 10-15 degrees). This will ensure the paddles positively stay to the left or right side during your duel and they will NOT get stuck. It also helps deflect frag toward the ground.

I sell these online for $129.99. I am offering (exclusively through Calguns) them here for $110. That is the price TO YOUR DOOR. Remember, this is coming from AZ, so sales tax does not apply! If you would like to make this an 8 target kit, figure $150 to your door!

Here are some of the pics. Let me know what you think. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will send you out an invoice.

Thanks!!!

Below is a customers DIY tree he made... He made the riser adjustable. Price nice design...

Old 08-30-2012, 6:20 AM

Is the steel AR500?
American stormed the beaches of Normandy, not Europeans. Americans invented the airplane, personal computer, telephone, radio, TV, GPS, the DVR, automatic transmission, laser, and f'ing bubble gum. EUROPEANS DIDN"T. So until you asshats start providing the world with more innovation than Americans do how about you STFU about us?
Old 08-30-2012, 8:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypr View Post
Is the steel AR500?
Yes, it is 3/8" AR500. Perfect for any high caliber centerfile rifle. I will also soon be making some 1/4" mild steel paddles, which will hold up pretty well for most light caliber pistols.

Already sold a couple here on the forum. Thanks for your interest.

Jeremy
Old 09-21-2012, 2:40 PM

Just got it done

Old 09-21-2012, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

great idea ! tag
Old 09-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

That came out great! Nice work!!

TTM
Old 10-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Great idea!
You could also angle cut the tubes and you wont have to lean the tree!

Dillon reloading basics Vids here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=190727
Old 11-08-2012, 6:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpatriot View Post
Great idea!
You could also angle cut the tubes and you wont have to lean the tree!
I have tried this and though in theory it sounds like it will work really good, I have found it best to still lean the tree. Leaning also has one other great advantage, which is the deflect the frag downward. Usually when we shoot at the tree a lot, you can almost see a perfectly straight line of frag on the floor at the base of the tree.

Cutting the tubes at an angle does work, but I have also noticed that after some hits of the paddles, there was not enough inertia to get the paddle to climb over the angle and drop back down. Usually not a real issue, but we have experienced this more with the angled version.

Thanks again for the orders guys!

TTM

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

"LIKE" us on Facebook! (we will post coupons and unadvertised specials on FB!)

View our Calguns Subforum!