Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 09-30-2012, 9:49 PM

Thumbs up Bakersfield, CA Appleseed

Just finished an Appleseed this weekend with my wife. We learned SO MUCH I'm still absorbing everything 5 hours after it was over and I have every expectation that I will still be absorbing for quite some time to come. Awesome instructors (Steve, David, Pete and Mark) and a great group of students that were a ton of fun to hang with. Looking forward to seeing some or all of them again come November's Appleseed (because we'll be back!)

If you haven't done one, I highly recommend it. If you frequent gun forums, like this one, at all you've heard people recommend Appleseed shoots. Now I know why. Besides learning tried and true fundamentals of shooting a rifle (even if you think you know them already) you will get some great American history and an awesome weekend of shooting. If you are in driving distance of Bakersfield, you would be crazy to miss out at the ones held at 5 Dogs. Just a wonderful time with a great crew.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM

Here's the AAR for our shoot:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=32193