Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Siskiyou

Siskiyou County CCW Policy, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here

Last edited by obeygiant; 01-06-2011 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: missing link to cgf
Old 01-06-2011, 9:32 PM

No info?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4strngr View Post
No info?
fixed.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 PM

We have an awesome sheriff up here in Mr. Lopey. He is everything one should expect from a sheriff.

No interview like some other counties. Took roughly 3 weeks to get my ccw.

Although, "self defense" still isn't a good cause up here, there are still very valid GCs that one could use to restore their 2A rights.

mike
Old 04-10-2014, 7:14 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

After a court appearance, I walked across the street with a client who wanted to submit an application. According to the receptionist, if the applicant is a resident of an incorporated area that hasn't declared "G," the application must be submitted to the local chief of police.

Given the relatively friendly environment at both the local PD and the SO, it didn't seem worth doing much more than casually pointing out the state law while leaving for the local PD. I was also pleasantly surprised that the receptionists at both the SO and my client's local PD were very familiar with their agency's application process.

Unfortunately, I was told that the process can take up to 12 weeks for the process to be completed. That seems like a really long time. Does anyone have recent experience with the actual turnaround time (either with the SO, or any local PD in Siskiyou)?

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peņa v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 04-05-2016, 6:04 PM

I just received LTC from the City of Yreka. Here's my story.

11/17/15 having taken my training course from "Distinguished Firearms" I submitted my application to the local PD. Per their instructions I only completed half of the application.
12/17/15 Not wanting to be a pest I waited a month before following up. The lady handling all of the apps was very helpful and said I must have followed their directions because I hadn't completed my app and I needed to come down and do that.
12/18/15 I completed my app. For my good cause I stated that I was a supervisor and manager at a local company and over the last 11 years I had terminated and laid off a number of people and some of them can hold a grudge. I was then told I had to get my Live Scan done which I did at a local mailbox rental place.
Late February I found out I could check up on my live scan via phone. The scan cleared in mid January and was now at the DOJ.
Early March I called the local PD and she said she would check on it.
Late March everything was good now time for a local background check.
A couple days later I got a call from an officer and he said everything was good and he would submit my app to the Chief.
Today I met with the Chief. He was very pleasant. He asked how my training was and how the application process was. He read me a few things and told me a few other things and that was it. No questions about my good cause, I didn't have to bring my weapons or ammo in. The whole process took 10 minutes and I had a license in hand.
I have a couple of friends going to the Sheriff's office. I will report back on their experiences.