Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > EBR Works
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

EBR Works Hosted by EBRWorks.com

Old 06-08-2011, 2:05 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Greetings!

Welcome to the EBR Works sub-forum!

Having been an individual Calguns member for almost 4 years, my company EBR Works was formed to offer CalGuns members outstanding service as our #1 goal in assisting with their firearms needs. I personally have over 25 years of experience in providing a pleasant and professional experience for my clients. EBR Works is a licensed FFL07 with a class 2 SOT.

We will offer some very exciting California legal NFA firearms including an AOW design that is completely new to the market. Additional information on these will be forthcoming soon. We will also be happy to assist CalGunners with their custom AOW builds. As we already have a line of AR pistols, we will be offering these as AOWs as well.

For your convenience, we have made arrangements to have an outside professional available to assist you in creating a valid NFA trust for under $250. This will make ownership of AOW firearms a more financially realistic undertaking.

Our extensive experience with California legal big bore and belt fed firearms will also allow us to assist CalGunners in acquisition of firearms like the Browning M2HB and Browning 1919 along with California legal .50 caliber bolt and semi-auto variants.

You can also count on us for courteous, professional and reasonable transfer services for dealer to dealer sales, CalGuns marketplace sales and auctions. We can do custom firearm and accessory orders from many wholesalers with whom we have a relationship.

Additionally, we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Pelican Armory USA. Pelican Armory USA is an authorized Pelican Products distributer that specializes in custom cut foam inserts for Pelican Products line of firearms cases. Pelican Armory USA are experts in creating complex custom cut foam inserts for firearms of all kinds. We will be an authorized Pelican reseller with the capability to offer our clients Pelican cases with custom foam inserts for our AOWs and your other valuable firearms.

Please watch this forum and the Commercial Sales and Good Deals forum for upcoming promotions and specials.

We look forward to serving your needs, so please contact me with any questions that you may have. We are located in Southern Ventura County in the Thousand Oaks area and are by appointment only.

Michael
EBR Works - Type 07 FFL/ Class 2 SOT
877-905-2673 Voice
805-435-8009 Fax
info@ebrworks.com
www.ebrworks.com

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Now serving you from Prescott, AZ

Last edited by EBR Works; 07-04-2011 at 3:08 PM..
Old 06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

< $250 for a NFA trust! There goes my piggy bank. I'll have to talk to you about this soon.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yep, our motto will be "An AOW in every CalGunner's safe"

www.ebrworks.com

Old 07-11-2011, 9:21 AM

Thumbs up

Great to see a VERY LOCAL dealer with the FUN toys! I will check in with you guys for my next purchase!
Old 07-11-2011, 9:27 AM
Calguns Addict

"valid NFA trust for under $250. This will make ownership of AOW firearms a more financially realistic undertaking."

I know I could Google, but could you explain here, in a nutshell for myself and others, what this means or what the gist of it is?

WTS: Gun stuff & things | WTB Chiappa Rhino 9mm 4"
Old 07-11-2011, 9:43 AM

ANY OTHER WEAPON.....usually a $5 dollar stamp fee

"An A.O.W. is a weapon classification utilized by the B.A.T.F. to categorize and restrict those weapons that are not considered to be a rifle, pistol, or machinegun. An example of an A.O.W. is a short-barreled shotgun or a pen-gun. They are class III (NFA) items, and must be approved for transfer to individuals at the federal level (with a "form-4")."
Old 07-11-2011, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
"valid NFA trust for under $250. This will make ownership of AOW firearms a more financially realistic undertaking."

I know I could Google, but could you explain here, in a nutshell for myself and others, what this means or what the gist of it is?
Once you have a trust established, it allows for you to get AOW's such as: Serbu Shorty Shot Guns, Saiga 12 AOW's, AR Pistols with VERTICAL Pistol grips, etc. Though, you have to be patient. Once the gun comes in, the paperwork takes upwards of 4 months (personal experience) before approved.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmettlejac View Post
ANY OTHER WEAPON.....usually a $5 dollar stamp fee

"An A.O.W. is a weapon classification utilized by the B.A.T.F. to categorize and restrict those weapons that are not considered to be a rifle, pistol, or machinegun. An example of an A.O.W. is a short-barreled shotgun or a pen-gun. They are class III (NFA) items, and must be approved for transfer to individuals at the federal level (with a "form-4")."
yes, I do know what an AOW is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modimo View Post
Once you have a trust established, it allows for you to get AOW's such as: Serbu Shorty Shot Guns, Saiga 12 AOW's, AR Pistols with VERTICAL Pistol grips, etc. Though, you have to be patient. Once the gun comes in, the paperwork takes upwards of 4 months (personal experience) before approved.
Okay, this starts the explanation I seek. But I am curious, how does a trust actually allow this? Some loophole? Is there some specific wording built into the law that says a trust can allow you to acquire a AOW? And, is the trust that allows this different than some other type of trust - that is, is it a specific type of trust?

WTS: Gun stuff & things | WTB Chiappa Rhino 9mm 4"
Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Vendor/Retailer

The trust allows you to acquire NFA firearms (AOWs in this case) without the requirement of fingerprints and local LE approval of the application (form 1 or 4). Most LE agencies in California will not approve NFA transfers. This is just a legal loophole in the NFA process that benefits us here.

This same loophole applies in free states in acquisition of NFA items like MG, SBR, suppressors, etc.

If you have a multi-state trust drawn up, you can keep ANY NFA firearm or device in the trust. Anything not legal in Calfornia would have to stay in a free state like AZ, NV, OR, etc.

www.ebrworks.com

Last edited by EBR Works; 07-11-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Old 07-13-2011, 1:13 PM

Thumbs up

Just went over to start the ball rolling on an AOW. It was a pleasure doing business with Michael! Now time to play the waiting game.