Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-14-2011, 8:40 AM

Tried to download / open the "Good Cause Statements" pdf file...

But Acrobat reader said the file was "Corrupted / Bad encrypt dictionary"....

Anyone else have problems opening it?
Old 01-17-2011, 1:59 PM

Worked fine for me. I just downloaded it. Try again.
Old 01-17-2011, 4:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default 404 not found

I keep getting 404 not found.
but I think its the same form for other counties to and doesn't even say the county right?
i googled bcia 4012
maybe even bcia 4012 (6/99) but that might be an old version of the document as reflected by 6/99.

the flowchart pdf worked tho
Old 01-17-2011, 6:18 PM
Veteran Member

The good cause statements for SJC are specific to SJC. The ccw application is a standardized state form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 8:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692 View Post
Tried to download / open the "Good Cause Statements" pdf file...

But Acrobat reader said the file was "Corrupted / Bad encrypt dictionary"....

Anyone else have problems opening it?
You will need to upgrade your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncVoid View Post
I keep getting 404 not found.
but I think its the same form for other counties to and doesn't even say the county right?
i googled bcia 4012
maybe even bcia 4012 (6/99) but that might be an old version of the document as reflected by 6/99.

the flowchart pdf worked tho

Here
is an alternate link for the CCW APP from the Sutter County Sheriff

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 01-21-2011, 2:01 AM
Veteran Member

very nice
Old 01-21-2011, 5:45 PM

45 days and counting...

This...
Is...
Killing...
Me...
Old 01-21-2011, 6:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I have been advised that there is movement at the SO on apps. Let me know the outcome.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-22-2011, 8:53 AM

That's great news Brandon. I'm hoping to receive a favorable response soon...although I do have my doubts.
Old 01-22-2011, 6:45 PM
Veteran Member

How will the notifications be made?
IDPA Member
Old 01-22-2011, 10:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I have heard of a few approvals, and a couple of denials so far. Notification is by letter if denied, telephone for interview requests and approvals.

I hear the Sheriff wants to "meet personally" with some to discuss their Good Cause. I'd tell him to pound sand and make a decision based on what was provided on the application (given it was "self defense").

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-23-2011, 9:14 AM

I have my appointment on Tuesday to drop off my app. I have my packet filled out and ready to go but am wondering about the cover letter. I have the cover letter that came from here and I'm wondering if its a little challenging? Is this the cover letter that everyone is using?
Also looked at the good cause's and see quite a few. In the first couple of post on this thread someone said the "two known" causes that work. What are the two?
Old 01-23-2011, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

I was the third CGer to apply and have heard nothing. Over 60 days and counting. Curious why I haven't.
IDPA Member
Old 01-23-2011, 9:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
I have my appointment on Tuesday to drop off my app. I have my packet filled out and ready to go but am wondering about the cover letter. I have the cover letter that came from here and I'm wondering if its a little challenging? Is this the cover letter that everyone is using?
Also looked at the good cause's and see quite a few. In the first couple of post on this thread someone said the "two known" causes that work. What are the two?
That is the point.

Old 01-25-2011, 2:23 PM

I just walked in from dropping off my application with Sgt. Palmer. I thought it was great how he was very helpful and did not just sign and say good by. We went over the entire packet and made sure everything looked correct and was written in the proper way. Hopefully the rest of the process went as well as today.

I need your email Brandon. I have all my paperwork scanned and ready to send.
Old 01-26-2011, 8:17 AM

Day 55 and waiting. I did get a few phone call from Sgt. Palmer about my business and needing other papers to support my "Good Cause". I can only wonder, is it good or bad?
Old 01-26-2011, 9:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Is it true that the sheriff can only issue so many(limited number) of permits per year?

Was uoc'ing(yeah yeah) in stockton and got pulled over, said "a bunch of guys from calguns.net put in for ccw's any idea if the majority got denied or approved", and he said something about only being able to issue so many a year, and I heard criteria and policy.
I'm wondering if thats the sheriffs or doj's? oh well.

Looking back I don't see why some deputy-s would know if permits were issued or not, kind of a stupid question to be asking random s.j. sheriff deps.

But they were very friendly and cool about it. I'm anxious to see if most people get theirs or not.

I'm sure it isn't something somebody broadcasts tho' .

Last edited by IncVoid; 01-26-2011 at 9:25 PM.. Reason: more post
Old 01-26-2011, 9:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncVoid View Post
Is it true that the sheriff can only issue so many(limited number) of permits per year?

Was uoc'ing(yeah yeah) in stockton and got pulled over, said "a bunch of guys from calguns.net put in for ccw's any idea if the majority got denied or approved", and he said something about only being able to issue so many a year, and I heard criteria and policy.
I'm wondering if thats the sheriffs or doj's? oh well.

Looking back I don't see why some deputy-s would know if permits were issued or not, kind of a stupid question to be asking random s.j. sheriff deps.

But they were very friendly and cool about it. I'm anxious to see if most people get theirs or not.

I'm sure it isn't something somebody broadcasts tho' .
Sheriff Pazin of Merced County limited CCW new applications to a certain amount of people.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Jam View Post
Day 55 and waiting. I did get a few phone call from Sgt. Palmer about my business and needing other papers to support my "Good Cause". I can only wonder, is it good or bad?
Hard to say, but I am slightly concerned. My impression is that people with more than "self defense" are going to be put through the mill.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Hard to say, but I am slightly concerned. My impression is that people with more than "self defense" are going to be put through the mill.
At least that would be some progress. I'm still stuck in the silo.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 8:07 PM

i met with sjso and recieved a application in early 2010' before this thread, never turned it back in. my question is :now persuing my permit, should i use the app i have with a county seal on it or should i download one from this site? and what is this coversheet your refering to? my app dose not have a coversheet. also if i use the app i have can i just walk in and turn it in or do i have to call and make an appointment(i had to interview with a sgt. for approval before i was given a app)thanks for your support. oh yeh i cant download your app for some reason
Old 01-27-2011, 8:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japjeep View Post
i met with sjso and recieved a application in early 2010' before this thread, never turned it back in. my question is :now persuing my permit, should i use the app i have with a county seal on it or should i download one from this site? and what is this coversheet your refering to? my app dose not have a coversheet. also if i use the app i have can i just walk in and turn it in or do i have to call and make an appointment(i had to interview with a sgt. for approval before i was given a app)thanks for your support. oh yeh i cant download your app for some reason
Look at post #1 of this thread. It is located at the bottom. 1 of the 2 attachments.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM

THANKS MAN, so do i download both attachments and turn them in with the app?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

One is the cover sheet, the other is your "receipt" (basically). 2 copies of the receipt... 1 for you, 1 for them. This is documentation of when your 90 days starts, so it's important.

Just read through the thread (1st post in general) and follow the instructions. You'll make it through When in doubt, ask. It's hard to "take back" something that's in writing, so if you're unsure about something, don't submit it. Get clarification first. All that said, for me, the process so far has been fairly straight forward.

Complete app(DO NOT SIGN YET), make appointment, submit app, pay the man, get receipts, livescan, review app, handshake, then wait.... and wait....

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-28-2011, 5:33 PM

Default San Joaquin CCW Response

Quote:
Hello Brandon,

I received a reply from SJSO, I have been trying to get in contact with you. I have emailed you some information and was woundering if you could call me. My number is attached to my email.

Thanks, Steve
Old 01-28-2011, 8:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

All, I'm out of state and will be back early Feb. Please remain patient, we've not forgotten about anything.

Old 01-30-2011, 9:39 PM

Anyone know where a working copy of the fillable PDF application can be found?
Old 01-30-2011, 9:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post

Here
is an alternate link for the CCW APP from the Sutter County Sheriff

It's the same one. The standard Ca DOJ application

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

Just got a call from the sheriff's office. Sheriff Moore wants to meet 1 on 1. Scheduled for 2/11.

Wish me luck boys... I'm going in.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 2:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
Just got a call from the sheriff's office. Sheriff Moore wants to meet 1 on 1. Scheduled for 2/11.

Wish me luck boys... I'm going in.
My understanding is that he's going to prod for holes in your GC (likely a more-than-self defense, based on the interview request) or attempt to embellish to provide cover for the determination (including the tact that your supplemental GC in the interview is not identical, therefore your testimony via application is false). People need to be very careful.

Myself, I would tell him that my application and background check is all he needs to make a determination, and that to take time away from work and drive into the station would impose an additional cost burden, which he is prohibited from doing.

Old 01-31-2011, 2:48 PM

Brandon, Email inbound!
Old 01-31-2011, 2:58 PM

Quote:
My understanding is that he's going to prod for holes in your GC (likely a more-than-self defense, based on the interview request) or attempt to embellish to provide cover for the determination (including the tact that your supplemental GC in the interview is not identical, therefore your testimony via application is false). People need to be very careful.

Myself, I would tell him that my application and background check is all he needs to make a determination, and that to take time away from work and drive into the station would impose an additional cost burden, which he is prohibited from doing.
I wish I'd have seen this before I got the call...

Going in on 2/11 as well.
Old 01-31-2011, 3:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
I wish I'd have seen this before I got the call...

Going in on 2/11 as well.
I'm sure I'm the last appointment of the day (pushed it back from 1 to 4), so be sure to post up the details of the interroga... I mean, interview.

I have a very good idea of what I'm walking in to, but, the more help/insight, the better.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 3:20 PM

I'm also set to meet with the Sheriff on 2/11. Do all applicants, that don't initially get declined, have a sit down with Sheriff Moore? Has anyone that simply stated "self defense" been approved? PM is on the way wildhawker, I have some more questions that I probably shouldn't ask on a public forum.
Old 01-31-2011, 6:01 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
I'm sure I'm the last appointment of the day (pushed it back from 1 to 4), so be sure to post up the details of the interroga... I mean, interview.

I have a very good idea of what I'm walking in to, but, the more help/insight, the better.
I was offered 3:30 or 4:30. I took the 3:30. I guess I'll meet you in passing...
Old 01-31-2011, 6:27 PM

If anyone has any inside info on what I'm walking into, send me a PM. My appointment will likely be one of the first of the day...
Old 01-31-2011, 8:38 PM

good luck guys! hoping to apply myself sometime soon
Old 02-01-2011, 2:39 PM

Brandon, I have been trying to get a hold of you I know you are out of state but when you get a chance if you could read and reply back,
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'll be back in CA and getting in touch on 2/4.

-Brandon

Old 02-02-2011, 7:49 AM
Administrator

She was nice until I told her that I was on my honeymoon during the 11th and could not come in that day. Then she seemed outright pissed off. Talked about how busy the sheriff is and how many meetings. I said I would be back on Monday the 14th and set an appointment up for then, but was told by my boss I could not take time off the first day back from work. I called her back and moved it to Wednesday the 16th which still is not ideal because I have to come in early and stay late at work to make up the time. One of my supervisors doesn’t care. The other one it will not be a problem, but I could tell by her voice that she was not thrilled about it. I am not really sure what to do. I wish I had seen Brandon’s recommendation before I agreed to go in… though I had seen a comment along those lines earlier in the thread but did not know if it was official advice.

A note to you Brandon, I will be getting married on the 5th and will be unavailable from the 5th through the 12th. I will be out of country, will not have my phone on, and will not be checking my messages. Sorry… my honeymoon and new wife are more important than my CCW Also, when I get back, I will not have internet access right away. My new house is so far out in the country we do not have high speed service and are still trying to decided what to do for internet.