Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-29-2019, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Could someone please explain the employer verification? What is that? We don't have that in OC!
It's just a few questions, how long you worked there, is there any reason they know of that aren't responsible and honest etc.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...cw-emp-ver.pdf
Old 11-29-2019, 8:01 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny1 View Post
Quote:
Could someone please explain the employer verification? What is that? We don't have that in OC!
It's just a few questions, how long you worked there, is there any reason they know of that aren't responsible and honest etc.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...cw-emp-ver.pdf
Is used to help determine if you are a person of "good moral character", which is a requirement for issuance of a CA LTC permit. [PC 26150(a)(1)]

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 11-30-2019, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Did you read the form?
link

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 11-30-2019, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeypunch0420 View Post
Regarding the employment verification;
I have found one of my direct managers that is willing to sign and fill out the paperwork. Will they send it directly to HR? I work for a very large company that will definitely drag their feet on this, if even fill it out at all.
It seems to me, been a while, but I provided the address and name of the individual.
But my old company, did I mention I am retired, is huge. My boss worked remotely, but his mailing address was in a high rise in St. Louis.
Mail is delivered via a robotic mail cart. They wound up calling him, but only after waiting 4 months.

Hopefully your situation is somewhat easier for th he manager to get his mail in a timely manner.
Side note: I discussed at length the CCW permit and why with my boss, it prompted him to get his own CCW.
Old 11-30-2019, 5:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Did you read the form?
link
Yes, I did read it. Seems like an odd requirement when so many agencies don't require it but ok. I'll pass the information on to my buddy. Thanks for the replies everyone!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 11-30-2019, 8:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeypunch0420 View Post
Regarding the employment verification;
I have found one of my direct managers that is willing to sign and fill out the paperwork. Will they send it directly to HR? I work for a very large company that will definitely drag their feet on this, if even fill it out at all.
I listed my employers main address and the verification letter was sent directly to our HR. I was contacted by HR about the letter and told that the questions would be best answered by my direct superior. I gave my manager a heads up and HR sent it directly to him to answer and return to HR so they could send it back to the sheriff‘S office that same day.

My guess would be your HR might be similar and may just forward it to your manager. It wouldn’t hurt to contact your HR dept to let them know you are expecting a time sensitive letter from the sheriff.
Old 12-11-2019, 5:28 AM

They seem to be moving very quickly.
App 11-1-19
Interview 11-7-19
Got the call 11-10-19
Range day scheduled 1-11-20

I would say employment verification really helps with this. Supervisor was expecting it and got back in the mail next day. I was not expecting the call for a couple more weeks. Seen the call from 909 and got super excited! 😃😃😃
Old 12-11-2019, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH2 View Post

App 11-1-19

Interview 11-7-19

Got the call 11-10-19

I would say employment verification really helps with this. Supervisor was expecting it and got back in the mail next day. I was not expecting the call for a couple more weeks. Seen the call from 909 and got super excited!
Nice...bro. I planning on getting mine really soon. Any paperwork to be presented at the interview?? Let me know thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2019, 6:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na7e View Post
Nice...bro. I planning on getting mine really soon. Any paperwork to be presented at the interview?? Let me know thanks

Read the new application section. Then read the rest of the page.

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/ccw-faq/

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 12-11-2019, 4:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
App 11-1-19
Interview 11-7-19
Got the call 11-10-19

I would say employment verification really helps with this. Supervisor was expecting it and got back in the mail next day. I was not expecting the call for a couple more weeks. Seen the call from 909 and got super excited! ������
Good to hear.
I was at work and missed what I assume was “the call” from one of the deputies last Thursday. He left a VM asking that I call back and talk to Sarah. Hoping it won’t take a full 2 weeks to hear back from Sarah, but I’m thinking it might be a good wait.
Old 12-13-2019, 5:30 AM

Quote:

First there was a typo. Got the call 12/10
Read the web site and follow the instructions to the best of your abilities. On my interview day they turned away 3 people before me due to not having their paper work straight. Get all of that straight and I’m sure you look more responsible. I would say biggest things are self defense as your cause and be sure you can verify your residence. I over verified as much as I could.
Old 12-13-2019, 7:24 AM

Quote:

You need to go the the Sheriff's CCW site and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 12-13-2019, 7:44 AM

WOW just found this, guess they are really trying to cover more ground.
Pre-Background
22. Have you ever been involved in a high speed pursuit in which you evaded
the police?..

― Mark Twain
Old 12-19-2019, 4:19 AM

Question about off roster guns. I have a Glock 22 Gen 4. I know its a little too big to carry every day but I would like to add it to my permit for in the event my normal carry is being worked on. Because it is not on the roster would that be frowned upon? or would they even allow it? Thank you

Last edited by DannyH2; 12-19-2019 at 4:19 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 12-19-2019, 4:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Question about off roster guns. I have a Glock 22 Gen 4. I know its a little too big to carry every day but I would like to add it to my permit for in the event my normal carry is being worked on. Because it is not on the roster would that be frowned upon? or would they even allow it? Thank you
No. All 3 of my listed guns are off roster. Just make sure that it is not listed as a single shot pistol with the DOJ.

Quote:

Old 12-20-2019, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
No. All 3 of my listed guns are off roster. Just make sure that it is not listed as a single shot pistol with the DOJ.

^This.

2 of the 3 guns on my permit are also off roster, no issue. The only thing they frown upon are basically any mods to the gun other than sights, I.E. trigger job, lighter springs, etc...
Old 12-20-2019, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
WOW just found this, guess they are really trying to cover more ground.
Pre-Background
22. Have you ever been involved in a high speed pursuit in which you evaded
the police?..
What would tattoos have to do with you being approved for a ccw ? Not asking you personally just asking to my self .
Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!
Old 12-20-2019, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaka View Post
What would tattoos have to do with you being approved for a ccw ? Not asking you personally just asking to my self .
Tattoos tell a lot about a person.

― Mark Twain
Old 12-22-2019, 3:14 PM

Quote:

What would happen if it is? I have a Glock 22 gen 4 I was planning on putting on my up coming permit. I just have range day left. I bought it right before the single shot ban a few years ago. So I am pretty sure that is how it is registered.
Old 12-22-2019, 3:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
What would happen if it is? I have a Glock 22 gen 4 I was planning on putting on my up coming permit. I just have range day left. I bought it right before the single shot ban a few years ago. So I am pretty sure that is how it is registered.
If you take it as is to the qualifications you'll get your permit sent to you with it missing and you won't be able to make changes until your renewal.

Do you have your range date? If you have more than 10 days until your range date you need to go and pawn it. When you get it back it will be corrected in your file and you'll have no problems putting it on your permit.

Quote:

Old 12-22-2019, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaka View Post

- I am covered with tattoos

- I was asked to strip to my underwear for documentation purposes and photographed..

- they are looking for GANG tattoos or "WHITE POWER" tattoos (Aryan Brotherhood)

- I am covered and they told me they've seen people with way more that they approved.

- They are simply looking for gang affiliation or racism

- Cops know good from bad. If your record is CLEAN you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by starlight; 12-22-2019 at 8:48 PM..
Old 12-23-2019, 6:39 PM

Quote:
If you take it as is to the qualifications you'll get your permit sent to you with it missing and you won't be able to make changes until your renewal.

Do you have your range date? If you have more than 10 days until your range date you need to go and pawn it. When you get it back it will be corrected in your file and you'll have no problems putting it on your permit.

Yeah range date is on 1/11 cutting it a little close. But that’s a good idea. Thanks for the info. Is it possible to just re-register it for what it actually is?
Old 12-23-2019, 6:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yeah range date is on 1/11 cutting it a little close. But that’s a good idea. Thanks for the info. Is it possible to just re-register it for what it actually is?
There's no way for you to do it. The only way to get it listed as a semi auto in the correct calibre is to do a pawn return.

Go to a pawn shop tomorrow. Go back on Thursday and pay off the pawn and start the DROS. You'll be able to pickup on the 5th. Plenty of time to get it fixed.

Quote:

Old 12-24-2019, 5:38 AM

Quote:
There's no way for you to do it. The only way to get it listed as a semi auto in the correct calibre is to do a pawn return.

Go to a pawn shop tomorrow. Go back on Thursday and pay off the pawn and start the DROS. You'll be able to pickup on the 5th. Plenty of time to get it fixed.

Thanks for all of the great information. I’m just glad there is a work around and I still have time left. Now hopefully I can find one open today. Merry Christmas
Old 12-27-2019, 7:40 AM

Quote:

So I actually got a lot of push back on this. Pawn Shop referred me to a new resident report form for the DOJ. I then went to the local gun store and he referred me to the firearm ownership report. SO I went online to the DOJ and filled out the firearm owner **** report and in the comments explained what I was doing and paid the $19 on the 24th. on the 27th they updated my request and there comments are

"On 12/27/2019 0750, Admin wrote: The Bureau of Firearms has received your Firearm Ownership Report but is unable to process it as the firearm is already recorded in your name. However, the update you requested has been made and you will receive a letter via U.S. Mail shortly confirming such."

So I am assuming that it is now registered as a Simi-Automatic in the correct Caliber. I will update once I get the letter and if it actually makes it onto ,my permit
Old 12-27-2019, 7:52 AM

Sounds hard and complicated,so I gonna put another one on the permit when I renew it.
Old 12-27-2019, 9:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So I actually got a lot of push back on this. Pawn Shop referred me to a new resident report form for the DOJ. I then went to the local gun store and he referred me to the firearm ownership report. SO I went online to the DOJ and filled out the firearm owner **** report and in the comments explained what I was doing and paid the $19 on the 24th. on the 27th they updated my request and there comments are

"On 12/27/2019 0750, Admin wrote: The Bureau of Firearms has received your Firearm Ownership Report but is unable to process it as the firearm is already recorded in your name. However, the update you requested has been made and you will receive a letter via U.S. Mail shortly confirming such."

So I am assuming that it is now registered as a Simi-Automatic in the correct Caliber. I will update once I get the letter and if it actually makes it onto ,my permit
Good luck and keep us posted on how things work out for you. From what had been posted before only option was the pawn return. If this works for you it could change a lot for others.

Quote:

Old 12-30-2019, 5:06 PM

Would I be correct to assume that our County will not be raising fees (as allowed beginning January 1, 2020)?

Concerning the Second Amendment: “If a lower court treated another Right so cavalierly, I have little doubt that this Court [the Supreme Court] would intervene. But as evidenced by our continued inaction in this area, the Second Amendment is a disfavored Right in this Court.” – U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
Old 12-30-2019, 7:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPastor View Post
Would I be correct to assume that our County will not be raising fees (as allowed beginning January 1, 2020)?
I would ***|u|me nothing.

Quote:

Old 12-31-2019, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Good luck and keep us posted on how things work out for you. From what had been posted before only option was the pawn return. If this works for you it could change a lot for others.

Well that was fast. I already received the letter from the DOJ Stating the firearm is now registered as a .40 cal and my request has been granted. Will keep posted about it making it on my permit or not
Old 12-31-2019, 5:39 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Well that was fast. I already received the letter from the DOJ Stating the firearm is now registered as a .40 cal and my request has been granted. Will keep posted about it making it on my permit or not
Is it also listed as a semi auto?

Quote:

Old 12-31-2019, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Is it also listed as a semi auto?

I listed it as a similar-auto in the form. The letter that came back just states serial#, make, model 22GEN4, and caliber .40. In their email to me they said the change has been recorded. No push back on the sumo-auto. So for now all I can do is assume it went through fine. We will see in the next few weeks I guess.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I listed it as a similar-auto in the form. The letter that came back just states serial#, make, model 22GEN4, and caliber .40. In their email to me they said the change has been recorded. No push back on the sumo-auto. So for now all I can do is assume it went through fine. We will see in the next few weeks I guess.
Nice. This is good news

Quote:

Old 01-04-2020, 8:58 PM

I had my interview Aug 19th, 2019. I have been waiting patiently since. I have a pristine record and have been with the same employer for 7 years. I just don’t understand why I’m not getting any communication either way. This is very frustrating.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to 909 View Post
I had my interview Aug 19th, 2019. I have been waiting patiently since. I have a pristine record and have been with the same employer for 7 years. I just don’t understand why I’m not getting any communication either way. This is very frustrating.
My first thought would be your employer has not returned the employment verification paperwork.
Email the CCW division.

― Mark Twain
Old 01-05-2020, 6:39 PM

It looks like your case is still pending.I still rembmer the officer told me if I approved,they will call me and if not,they will mail you.So it should be something wrong with it,contact them.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:28 AM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Hey guys,

I looked through the county website and couldn’t find an answer to my question. I can email them but I thought if you all knew the answer then I wouldn’t have to bother them.

I am PROBABLY moving out of state in March. My ccw expires in April. We are to surrender our permit when we move out of the county. So my two-part question is: since it’s a matter of about 20 days, would it be acceptable to simply allow my permit to expire or should I return it? If I should return it, is by mail acceptable or do I have to submit it in person?

Thanks
Mark 16:16
Old 01-07-2020, 12:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
Hey guys,

I looked through the county website and couldn’t find an answer to my question. I can email them but I thought if you all knew the answer then I wouldn’t have to bother them.

I am PROBABLY moving out of state in March. My ccw expires in April. We are to surrender our permit when we move out of the county. So my two-part question is: since it’s a matter of about 20 days, would it be acceptable to simply allow my permit to expire or should I return it? If I should return it, is by mail acceptable or do I have to submit it in person?

Thanks
There was another member in the same predicament. They told him to send it in when it expired.

Though you still have to let them know that you're moving.

Quote:

Old 01-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
There was another member in the same predicament. They told him to send it in when it expired.

Though you still have to let them know that you're moving.

Perfect. Thanks!
Mark 16:16
Old 01-07-2020, 1:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
Perfect. Thanks!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Bernardino County Sheriff

How many days do I have to report a change of address?

(10) business days to send an e-mail to our office

Quote: