Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Lightbulb Important- A better tool for LEOs at wild fires...

I shared this info years ago and wanted to share again. Please dont attack me for just posting some helpful information.

Over the recent fires in Southern California, I observed some LEOs using basic construction and household type masks against the smoke and ash. Those are not the best choice by attaching a flammable cotton swap to your mouth and respiratory track. And those rubber bands will melt on to your as well.





What I would like to recommend is a product you could just buy once in your career and it should last you for years into your career and I do NOT work for them or selling them. I would recommend a HOTSHIELD face mask that offers a very comfortable mouth respirator and face wrap. I have worn one for years as a FF and its been a great tool and protective gear. Again, this is great if your going to be on or near the fire line for hours or days as it protects your face, neck and the back of your head. Its very comfortable, light weight and inexpensive. And will keep the embers and ash from going down your shirt collar area.

I also recoomend a pair of high end quality goggles as well. Your eyes and eyesight are so precious.

There is also a Bandana type shied as well- https://www.chiefsupply.com/hot-shie...CABEgKVovD_BwE

Their link- www.hotshield.com

This is one of the best pictures I can find...



Adding this picture. Dont get caught off guard with nothing to protect your faces, eyes, throat and neck.


Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-25-2017 at 12:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-22-2017, 10:31 PM
Rogue187 Rogue187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 957
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Your going to be fighting an uphill battle here. Is there a shelf life to these masks? How much are per unit? How much space does it take up? How fast can the company deliver? Ease of use? Any restrictions for those officers with breathing restrictions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
Your going to be fighting an uphill battle here. Is there a shelf life to these masks? How much are per unit? How much space does it take up? How fast can the company deliver? Ease of use? Any restrictions for those officers with breathing restrictions?
I know this, its just a recommendation.

To answer your questions-

Self life- The mask itself will last for the next 20 years. I say this because I know guys that have been using the same unit for 20+ years.

Cost per unit- $60-80 dollars. Not a lot, but it is so worth the money on a fire.

Space they take up- They come in a small yellow pouch, a small package. Pic below-


I cant say how fast the distributors will deliver, your mileage may vary.

Ease of use- Super easy, just wrap around your face and velcro in the back.

breathing restrictions- For me, none. But they are the same as those construction masks you guys are using in the field already.

And just so were clear, there are models without head straps. The basic HS2 is the best in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Rogue187 Rogue187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 957
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Now your main challenge is to get the cops to spend money on this piece of equipment. Will departments be willing to spend to equip the officers? Or will this company be able to deliver when there is an emergency? Not all Officer will be in wildfires like those that happened. Our job is to get people out of there. Not stay and fight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
Now your main challenge is to get the cops to spend money on this piece of equipment. Will departments be willing to spend to equip the officers? Or will this company be able to deliver when there is an emergency? Not all Officer will be in wildfires like those that happened. Our job is to get people out of there. Not stay and fight.
Yes, I know all of this. And I never said you stay and fight. Its just a better tool than the standard household or construction mask the cops are using now. You guys are smart and have the links, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-23-2017, 1:18 AM
hey_scooter hey_scooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Upside Down
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Cool recommendation, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-23-2017, 9:25 AM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_scooter View Post
Cool recommendation, thanks!
You welcome brother. Hope this helps, PM me with any questions.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:32 AM
M1NM's Avatar
M1NM M1NM is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Covina
Posts: 5,905
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
Your going to be fighting an uphill battle here. Is there a shelf life to these masks? How much are per unit? How much space does it take up? How fast can the company deliver? Ease of use? Any restrictions for those officers with breathing restrictions?
You forgot they won't spend their own money. These would be smart for departments in wildfire areas to put in the cars. Once needed and used it would become part of the LEOs personal equipment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:39 AM
SMarquez SMarquez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,046
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
Now your main challenge is to get the cops to spend money on this piece of equipment. Will departments be willing to spend to equip the officers? Or will this company be able to deliver when there is an emergency? Not all Officer will be in wildfires like those that happened. Our job is to get people out of there. Not stay and fight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know. I've seen cops sitting at intersection eating crap for days. Just being in the environment for too long is hard on you. There is also the issue of whether a department will accept it or approve for duty use. I've seen this on the fire side. Not providing protection but not allowing guys to supply their own stuff if it is not OSHA of NFPA approved.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
You forgot they won't spend their own money. These would be smart for departments in wildfire areas to put in the cars. Once needed and used it would become part of the LEOs personal equipment.
Its the smart officers that will figure out that their face, throat and lungs are worth the one time career long tax write off investment of $60. It up to them, I am not here to sell them, just offer a better tool in the field. Once you wear one for hours at brush fire, you'll wonder why you didnt get one before.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Fishwishin's Avatar
Fishwishin Fishwishin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 142
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

This would have been good in the Santa Rosa fires. There are several models in their product line. Which model is recommended?

Last edited by Fishwishin; 12-23-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:47 AM
UberPatriot's Avatar
UberPatriot UberPatriot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,997
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
Now your main challenge is to get the cops to spend money on this piece of equipment. Will departments be willing to spend to equip the officers? Or will this company be able to deliver when there is an emergency? Not all Officer will be in wildfires like those that happened. Our job is to get people out of there. Not stay and fight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about getting FEMA to buy these?
__________________
Location: North Bay Area/Marin

NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:50 AM
CG11's Avatar
CG11 CG11 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: I.E.
Posts: 216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thanks for the heads up; this looks like something worthwhile to carry.
__________________
I'm not that happy to see you - It's a gun.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarquez View Post
I don't know. I've seen cops sitting at intersection eating crap for days. Just being in the environment for too long is hard on you. There is also the issue of whether a department will accept it or approve for duty use. I've seen this on the fire side. Not providing protection but not allowing guys to supply their own stuff if it is not OSHA of NFPA approved.
My take- If the department is going to let you provide your own basic house and construction face filter, they will let you put something more safe on your face.


And yes, being in that environment for a medium to long period of time WILL have an effect on you. Breathing in that crap stays in your lungs. Consider this, you cant wash that smell out of your hair, so its also in your lungs.

Just so you know NFPA is a private association, hence the "A" in their name. They dont need to approve anything or have any power over the fire service or police departments. OSHA also has no real say or power over what you want to wear at a fire scene. If you put some protective device over your face, they dont care, there are no laws being broken here. As you can tell, there were officers all over wearing those household and construction masks and no agency said a thing. Its your face, respiratory track and lungs, if you want to protect them, thats your business, no one is going to stop you.

Or just keep attaching a flammable cotton swab to your face, its up to you, I got my Hotshield for a reason. Whether you get them or not, ok by me. I have mine, I am healthy and closer to retirement. I just wanted to share something that is far superior than that the cops are using now.

As for the legality of wearing them, the owner of Hotshield recently gave away units to the firefighters on the Thomas Fire. The guys loved them and some never even heard of them before. If the firefighters are wearing them, it might be a smart key to maybe consider it for the cops as well. Now they love them...






Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwishin View Post
This would have been good in the Santa Rosa fires. There are several models in their product line. Which model is recommended?
I like and recommend the HS2. Its very comfortable and hse NO head straps as some of the other models.

There is also a "Bandana" model that would be ideal for officers. I just never used it before, so I cant really comment much about it. (sorry)


Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Country_Jim Country_Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 334
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I wouldn't have minded having this item at the Santa Rosa fires. The smoke was pretty bad in some areas. I spent multiple 12 hour shifts in that crap.

Op, thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Jim View Post
Op, thanks for posting.
You're welcome brother.

Also, I bet if one of you call the HOTSHIELD USA corporate offices in So Cal and explain you want to test this product out for your whole agency, they might just send you a free model to try and evaluate. Just a guess.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default A better tool for LEOs at wild fires...

Since we are here, I also recommend ESS googles as they are my favorite. Your eyes and eyesight are so precious, they are worth the few dollars to protect them.



Link- http://www.esseyepro.com/Striketeam-..._category.html

Lots on Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=ESS+googles

For around $100 dollars, you can get a Hotshield and quality set of eye googles that are a tax write off. I love you LEOs and want you to have the right gear to protect yourselves.

While reading this thread, it reminded me of a fire I was on in 1993 and this picture taken by the OC Register. Dont get caught off guard with no gear like these guys-


Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Anyone can please PM me with any questions. I can also call you if needed. I got your back and only here to help. If some of you call down to Hotshield and epxlain youre a LEO and testing them out for your department, the owner might hook you up. If any of you live in the Sacramento/Pacer county area, i will bring mine by to show you and let you try it on.

Oh yeah, those rubber bands on your face holding those cotton masks, they will melt to your face. We dont want that, very bad.


Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-23-2017 at 8:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-23-2017, 8:07 PM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Great information. Thanks for taking the time to help out those that don't have that information and training. I never thought about the rubber straps melting to you in extreme heat. Great info and thanks for looking out for your brother and sister civil servants. Stay safe out there.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-23-2017, 8:27 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Youre welcome Mike and thank you as well.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-23-2017, 8:48 PM
fal_762x51's Avatar
fal_762x51 fal_762x51 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: BFE
Posts: 2,350
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

When we were doing mutual aid in Santa Rosa, the SRPD provided N95 masks. I don't know if it was a federal, state or local agency that provided them.

I now have a couple in my patrol bag.
__________________


Still alive, still fight.

Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-23-2017, 9:26 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fal_762x51 View Post
When we were doing mutual aid in Santa Rosa, the SRPD provided N95 masks. I don't know if it was a federal, state or local agency that provided them.

I now have a couple in my patrol bag.
These?



Again, thats applying a flammable cotton swap to your mouth to burn and rubber bands to your face to melt. I would strongly suggest the Hotshiled over the N95 mask.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-23-2017, 9:37 PM
CBR_rider CBR_rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,174
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Own a pair of these now; of course I haven’t had a real use for them since.. but that is how it goes I guess
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
[BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-23-2017, 9:49 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Your face, mouth, nose, eyes, airway and lungs are your most precious organs. Spend the $100+ or so on good gear and protect them for a long and safe career.

Dont get caught without the right gear to protect yourself...

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-24-2017 at 8:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-24-2017, 3:58 PM
orangeusa's Avatar
orangeusa orangeusa is offline
<-- Airplane pic !!!!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,963
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Question

So 1993 picture of Orange LEO's is relevant? Enough to post multiple times ?

.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-24-2017, 4:26 PM
1911su16b870's Avatar
1911su16b870 1911su16b870 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,766
iTrader: 141 / 100%
Default

How about this?



Sits in the back of the unit with my other stuff.
__________________
Trump on RKBA "The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. PERIOD."

CGF Contributor
NRA, CRPA LIFE MEMBER
Beretta 90 series, GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger Armorer just for fun!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-24-2017, 5:02 PM
IrishJoe3's Avatar
IrishJoe3 IrishJoe3 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,309
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Cool View Post
Oh yeah, those rubber bands on your face holding those cotton masks, they will melt to your face. We dont want that, very bad.

G]
Let's be honest, if you're wearing a patrol uniform, and are close enough to a fire that the elastic band on your face is melting, that melting elastic band is the LEAST of your worries!!!

Looks like a good product, but the reality is the scenario where a police officer could use that is very, very rare. I simply don't have room in my unit for every piece of gear that could potentially be useful for every conceivable scenario
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-24-2017, 5:33 PM
Spanky8601's Avatar
Spanky8601 Spanky8601 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwest of LA
Posts: 1,655
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoe3 View Post
Let's be honest, if you're wearing a patrol uniform, and are close enough to a fire that the elastic band on your face is melting, that melting elastic band is the LEAST of your worries!!!

Looks like a good product, but the reality is the scenario where a police officer could use that is very, very rare. I simply don't have room in my unit for every piece of gear that could potentially be useful for every conceivable scenario

Get a truck and ride to emergencies with 3 other officers.
__________________
May I always be the type of person my dog thinks I am
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-24-2017, 5:48 PM
IrishJoe3's Avatar
IrishJoe3 IrishJoe3 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,309
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky8601 View Post
Get a truck and ride to emergencies with 3 other officers.
This is pretty much sums up shift start

https://youtu.be/Q9XdxpDqgyY
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-24-2017, 7:54 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post
So 1993 picture of Orange LEO's is relevant? Enough to post multiple times?
You mean this one?



Because the same questions have been asked multiple times in this thread.




Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911su16b870 View Post
How about this?



Sits in the back of the unit with my other stuff.
Fine by me. That rubber gets sweaty on your face after 15 minutes and the mask will fog.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-24-2017 at 8:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-24-2017, 7:59 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoe3 View Post
Let's be honest, if you're wearing a patrol uniform, and are close enough to a fire that the elastic band on your face is melting, that melting elastic band is the LEAST of your worries!!!
I agree and thought about this as well. But as we know, poop happens. But as we have seen, glowing embers and other hot debris fly around during a major fire and whatever hot lands on your face, good luck.

Quote:
Looks like a good product, but the reality is the scenario where a police officer could use that is very, very rare. I simply don't have room in my unit for every piece of gear that could potentially be useful for every conceivable scenario
Agreed. Its just another tool to offer. I rather put it out there and maybe help someone instead of not saying anything.



You can also use the Hotshield on your next house fire...


Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-24-2017 at 8:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-24-2017, 10:15 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,741
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Rapid Cool,

How could you have brought this up years ago? You've only been a member since September of last year. The only other person to mention this product was Taco Shop. Like you, he also complained about Cal Fire and various state agencies. Interesting enough, you joined a month or so after he was banned. I think you're him.

Anyway, this product is overkill for a cop. Cotton burns about 250*, so the chance of a dust mask catching fire from the exposure a cop would have would be about zero.

I'm not sure of your experience, but I spend 35 years on the job, retiring three years ago. The most I wore on my face was a cotton bandana or the shroud on my helmet. We had a structure engine and brush engine at my station and none of the guys wore these. They're too hot and cumbersome to have on your face. The manufacturer may have given them away on the Thomas fire, but I didn't see any pictures of guys wearing them.

I have to wonder if you're currently a fireman. Last year you posted about considering a job in AZ (post 7 and 9.)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:50 AM
bk23103's Avatar
bk23103 bk23103 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: █████████
Posts: 909
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Seems like a useful product for rare situations involving dust or smoke but it seems that this guy is somehow associated with the distribution or marketing of the product, if not the manufacturing itself. Sort of odd for the layperson to have marketing photos readily available to upload to the thread when no one asked for them.
__________________
---KMJ448---
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk23103 View Post
Seems like a useful product for rare situations involving dust or smoke but it seems that this guy is somehow associated with the distribution or marketing of the product, if not the manufacturing itself. Sort of odd for the layperson to have marketing photos readily available to upload to the thread when no one asked for them.
So never again make any product or firearm recommendations here or its automatically assumed your associated with the company, right?

Sorry, but you are wrong. This was already answered in post #1, I do not work for or not associated with the company in anyway. Its just a good product Ive been using for the last 13 years or so. I'm a seasoned and respected fire service veteran who has been paying his dues since 1986. I'm no layperson and grabbed those pictures off of their Facebook page when some people here asked me more questions about the product.

Once in awhile, good people share good information to help others. I am also a former state Peace Officer, so dont do the typical cop assume attitude thing on me here, it wonk work. I also probably have more time in the field than you, so please be nice here and show some respect.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-25-2017 at 1:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-25-2017, 1:08 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Doheny- I knew you would be by here for the usual attack. Its dicks like you who constantly attack people here that ruin this website. Its also clowns like you that attack fellow California gun owners and hurt the fight for our rights.

But let me address your points-

I have been banned from the board before and Admin let me back in. The ONLY reason I have been banned is because people like you like to post false information and attack people, just like your post right now, some behavior never changes. The past topic has been CalPERS and clowns like you love to attack anyone who debates you. By me correcting people on CalPERS and showing them where they are wrong, they then get the admin to ban people like me. You have OCERS, so you dont care. But you're "that guy" that always causes problems or ruins it for everyone else, whether in person on here. You're the guy that the cops actually hate in the field- the know it all trouble maker that pushes things.

As for the mask, its not an "overkill" for the cops at all. Its still uses the cartridge insert, but totally protects the lower face, neck and back of the neck. It also keep the ashes from going down their collars into their undershirts and body armour. You would never know because you have never used the product. The fire material cloth that wraps around the face is much more comfortable than tight rubber band stretched on your cheeks. Again, you've never worn one so you wouldn't know.

As for you being on the job for 35 years, good for you. 25 years here and I got smart and stopped using the bandana because it doesnt work. I too have worked on a structure and wildland engines as well as patrols and aircraft and dozers and worn the mask multiple times and its not "...too hot and cumbersome to have on your face." You are only saying that in an effort to discredit me here and have never worn one. Look at one of the Facebook photos and see that San Diego one firefighter has been using one for 17 years. Would he really be using one for 17 years straight if the product was as you described? No, because youre just a troll here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
The manufacturer may have given them away on the Thomas fire, but I didn't see any pictures of guys wearing them.
That because he gave them away during the AM at breakfast time outside the chow hall. You if you even looked at the pictures, they are in dress uniform and it explains that they are getting breakfast. Ofcourse they are not going to wear them at breakfast, you wing nut.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
The manufacturer may have given them away on the Thomas fire, but I didn't see any pictures of guys wearing them.
You need to do more simple research...



As your your personal attack as to if I am still a fireman, yes. But I have done an almost full career in CA and looking to retire to AZ and then start a second career there. You just assume things here like a jacka** and rather troll people here like a social moron.

Doheny- You're just a bored retired clown, a cancer to this website and an embarrassment to public safety. You do nothing to help the gun community here except troll. Do us all a favor here and stroke out. Youre still a wing nut just like the other retired guys say about you in real life.

To the others here, dont listen to this clown. I do not work for or associated with the company that sells this product. As a long time seasoned fire service veteran, have used it on the line and swear by the product. If you buy one, great, if not, thats fine by me, I'm just trying to help out here and if you want to breath in smoke and ash on your next 12 hour brush fire assignment and get lung cancer, thats your business. I wish you all the luck and love in the world. Ask yourself this question- Is your face, lungs and neck worth the $60 to protect them? Or what about another $30 for eye googles? Protect yourself and retire healthy.

I am only here to help and share some information that worked for me, that is all.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-25-2017 at 2:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-25-2017, 2:10 PM
teetsjones's Avatar
teetsjones teetsjones is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Shillbyville
Posts: 1,355
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Cool View Post
Doheny- I knew you would be by here for the usual attack. Its dicks like you who constantly attack people here that ruin this website. Its also clowns like you that attack fellow California gun owners and hurt the fight for our rights.

But let me address your points-

I have been banned from the board before and Admin let me back in. The ONLY reason I have been banned is because people like you like to post false information and attack people, just like your post right now, some behavior never changes. The past topic has been CalPERS and clowns like you love to attack anyone who debates you. By me correcting people on CalPERS and showing them where they are wrong, they then get the admin to ban people like me. You have OCERS, so you dont care. But you're "that guy" that always causes problems or ruins it for everyone else, whether in person on here. You're the guy that the cops actually hate in the field- the know it all trouble maker that pushes things.

As for the mask, its not an "overkill" for the cops at all. Its still uses the cartridge insert, but totally protects the lower face, neck and back of the neck. It also keep the ashes from going down their collars into their undershirts and body armour. You would never know because you have never used the product. The fire material cloth that wraps around the face is much more comfortable than tight rubber band stretched on your cheeks. Again, you've never worn one so you wouldn't know.

As for you being on the job for 35 years, good for you. 25 years here and I got smart and stopped using the bandana because it doesnt work. I too have worked on a structure and wildland engines as well as patrols and aircraft and dozers and worn the mask multiple times and its not "...too hot and cumbersome to have on your face." You are only saying that in an effort to discredit me here and have never worn one. Look at one of the Facebook photos and see that San Diego one firefighter has been using one for 17 years. Would he really be using one for 17 years straight if the product was as you described? No, because youre just a troll here.



That because he gave them away during the AM at breakfast time outside the chow hall. You if you even looked at the pictures, they are in dress uniform and it explains that they are getting breakfast. Ofcourse they are not going to wear them at breakfast, you wing nut.




*BOOM* You need to do more research...



As your your personal attack as to if I am still a fireman, yes. But I have done an almost full career in CA and looking to retire to AZ and then start a second career there. You just assume things here like a jacka** and rather troll people here like a social moron.

Doheny- You're just a bored retired clown, a cancer to this website and an embarrassment to public safety. You do nothing to help the gun community here except troll. Do us all a favor here and stroke out. Youre still a wing nut just like the other retired guys say about you in real life.

To the others here, dont listen to this clown. I do not work or associated with the company that sells this product. I have used it on the line and swear by them. If you buy one, great, if not, thats fine by me, I'm just trying to help out here and if you want to breath in smoke and ash on your next 12 hour brush fire assignment and get lung cancer, thats your business. I wish you all the luck in the world. Ask yourself this question- Is your face, lungs and neck worth the $60 to protect them? Or what about another $30 for eye googles? Protect yourself and retire healthy.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

It wasn't the fact you were attempting to "correct" members about PERS, the problem was How you were correcting them,. Much the way you are "correcting" Doheny in this thread using insults...
__________________
First loser in a contest of Fools.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-25-2017, 2:16 PM
Rapid Cool Rapid Cool is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 270
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetsjones View Post
It wasn't the fact you were attempting to "correct" members about PERS, the problem was How you were correcting them,. Much the way you are "correcting" Doheny in this thread using insults...
Oh ,so there is a certain way to use the English language based solely on you now? There is a certain way to "correct them" and you're the authority? You dont like the way I responded because I am right and blasted Doheny for trolling. Just stop here dude, youre wrong.

I rather stay on topic like the rules say here. But since you brought it up, funny how you make an off topic post with no real evidence or facts, just make a hollow statement that must be right because you say it is. Thats what liberals also do about gun control- no real facts, just it must be true because I say it is. Thats exactly what orangeusa and Doheny do there and youre following the same behavior. Either stick to the topic, contribute or STFU.

Please stay on topic here and stop thread crapping and attacking me.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-25-2017 at 2:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-25-2017, 2:18 PM
eta34's Avatar
eta34 eta34 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,036
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Sorry, but most of us have been here longer than you. Iím certain I have. You donít come here and tell us how to act.

You plugged your product. Some may like it. Others wonít. Time to move on.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-25-2017, 2:21 PM
teetsjones's Avatar
teetsjones teetsjones is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Shillbyville
Posts: 1,355
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Cool View Post
I rather stay on topic like the rules say here. But since you brought it up, funny how you make an off topic post with no real evidence or facts, just make a hollow statement that must be right because you say it is. Thats what liberals also do about gun control- no real facts, just it must be true because I say it is. Thats exactly what orangeusa and Doheny do there and youre following the same behavior. Either stick to the topic, contribute or STFU.
LOL you insult a member then lecture another about the rules, on top of that, it was you who took it off topic in the post I quoted...
__________________
First loser in a contest of Fools.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.