Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 09-17-2017, 2:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
You really need to go back and READ everything I posted.
No, I don't, but you do.

Quote:
Just for fun, based on the law, please explain to everyone HOW any DA could prove that the FFL would have knowledge that the seller was selling a gun purchased as an exempt class was an LEO. Off roster PPTs are done everyday and there is NO requirements for a seller to identify what they do for a living.
You are assuming that is a requirement, as they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse and the intent is not always required, just that it was done. Explain why the law says what it does? Why does it say that the FFL can not transfer it when you say above that the FFL won't know?

Quote:
No DA is going to try to prosecute something that's not prosecutable in a court of law. It would be no different than delivering a gun to a prohibited person who DOJ approved on a background check or delivering a gun to a person who is undetermined.
You mean like the case I heard about years ago where they were charging a woman for having an illegal so-called a-salt weapon which actually was a SKS? You might like they would not drop the case, likely because they knew they could get sued, and instead was pushing her to plead guilty to a lessor charge?

It is very different since there is a system in place to check the background of a person, whereas there is NOT a system to determine how the seller got the firearm, as least not for the FFL. So please tell me why the law says that the FFL can not transfer it when it is clear that the FFL can't know?

Quote:
If it's impossible to determine if that transfer is in violation, there is no crime.
The CA DOJ and investigate and determine it and there is a crime.

In a related matter, you might want to consider sales tax issues. The CA FFL has to submit the correct sales tax amount. It does not matter if the receipt is not valid, if the BOE (now renamed) finds that it was false, the FFL still owes the correct amount. It does not matter that the FFL has no way of knowing, the FFL is still responsible. So tell me again how that when it is impossible to determine there can be no crime.

Quote:
Anyone can be arrested and charged for anything on any given day. Without intent or any way to avoid responsibility, you can't be convicted.
Really? You can't be convicted? That fantasy is good to know. Too bad it is not the way things actually work, plus even if you are not convicted you can be out a lot of money and have lost your business.

Quote:
I suppose, on the PPT of any off roster handgun you could have everyone sign an affidavit that they are not restricted from selling the handgun but in your world, that wouldn't help either.
Quit making things up. I suspect that would help, although it is not perfect, it is better than nothing.

In your world the FFL can never be convicted, so why worry about it, right?

Quote:
So I guess we are all just screwed and will have to stop doing all PPTs and explain to DOJ why. I'll just now suspect that EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER is employed as a newly exempted class so we cant do PPTs
All PPTs? Why? If the firearm is on the certified list, clearly you would not have an issue with that. Oh, you just want to make a strawman argument to knock it down and ignore the actual issue.

Or you could do what you want to do and just stick your head in the sand, ignore it and claim that there is nothing that they can do.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-17-2017, 2:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Jeezus. You have to much time in your hands lol

You know EXACTLY what I mean.

We both have ver valid points. You just like to argue. I'm trying to solve a potential problem and you help nothing.

I ask again, who's side are you on?
Old 09-17-2017, 2:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Jeezus. You have to much time in your hands lol

You know EXACTLY what I mean.

We both have ver valid points. You just like to argue. I'm trying to solve a potential problem and you help nothing.

I ask again, who's side are you on?
More snide comments from you.

I assume that you mean what you say. You say that the FFL can never be convicted, which you say means that the FFL can never be charged, which is FALSE. This is not a valid point by you.

You are trying to solve a problem? Really? By saying it isn't a possible problem???

You should ask yourself which side you are on since saying that it is nothing to worry about is not doing anyone any favors and certainly not helping anyone.

As you say, YOU need a life.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-17-2017, 2:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Oh, yes, I noticed you did not want to address the issues that I raised with what you said. Typical.

Old 09-17-2017, 2:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Tell us all Kemasa. What are you going to do about this situation? In your infinite wisdom, what should gun store owners do to protect themselves from breaking this law when the potential to not know who the seller is or where they work?

Or are we destined for court? All of us. It's gonna happen to someone and it will happen when they couldn't have known.
Old 09-17-2017, 2:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Oh, yes, I noticed you did not want to address the issues that I raised with what you said. Typical.
It to hard to go line for line on a phone
Old 09-17-2017, 2:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Tell us all Kemasa. What are you going to do about this situation? In your infinite wisdom, what should gun store owners do to protect themselves from breaking this law when the potential to not know who the seller is or where they work?

Or are we destined for court? All of us. It's gonna happen to someone and it will happen when they couldn't have known.
You just can't resist snide comments, can you?

Is it infinite stupidity to just claim it is not an issue?

The first step is to be aware that it can be an issue, rather than ignoring it.

I am not the one who claims to know everything, you are. You know that the FFL can not be charged, so there is nothing to worry about, so why are you asking me what should be done about something which is say is absolutely not a problem?

Old 09-17-2017, 2:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It to hard to go line for line on a phone
That is funny since it is false, plus you didn't even try, you ignored every issue as I suspect you don't want to address any of them as it would harm your position.

Old 09-17-2017, 3:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You just can't resist snide comments, can you?

Is it infinite stupidity to just claim it is not an issue?

The first step is to be aware that it can be an issue, rather than ignoring it.

I am not the one who claims to know everything, you are. You know that the FFL can not be charged, so there is nothing to worry about, so why are you asking me what should be done about something which is say is absolutely not a problem?
I never said an FFL can't be charged. I said it's probably destined for court.

I said it would be tough for a DA to convict if there was no intent and no way to know the sellers emplyment status
Old 09-17-2017, 3:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
That is funny since it is false, plus you didn't even try, you ignored every issue as I suspect you don't want to address any of them as it would harm your position.
I'm on an IPhone. It's impossible to. Comprehensively line item the way you did on a phone.

When I get back from my ranch and am on a computer I can articulate what I'm saying easier
Old 09-17-2017, 3:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I never said an FFL can't be charged. I said it's probably destined for court.

I said it would be tough for a DA to convict if there was no intent and no way to know the sellers emplyment status
You said:

Quote:
No DA is going to try to prosecute something that's not prosecutable in a court of law.
So how is that saying that it is probably destined for court if no DA is going to try to prosecute something that's not prosecutable in a court of law? That does not seem to be your saying that it is destined for court, quite the opposite.

You are now saying that it would be tough to get a conviction, which is quite different than what you said before. It is also just your opinion that a conviction is unlikely, but if the DA shows the law, documents that the firearm was illegal to transfer, then do you really think that a jury won't convict?

People get convicted based on breathalyzers. Do some research on that. The breath can give an indication of what the blood alcohol content is, but the machines use a general number to do the conversion, which is not accurate for everyone, yet people get convicted, in part because you are not allowed to bring up the issues with the machines. The same is true for radar guns and lidar (which calculates the speed based on the distance change).

I recall hearing a case where the person was found guilty, but was a bogus case. Unfortunately I don't remember the details, but then again, it seems that you are saying such things never occur.

I am glad you have faith in the so-called justice system. Remember that.

Old 09-17-2017, 3:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I'm on an IPhone. It's impossible to. Comprehensively line item the way you did on a phone.

When I get back from my ranch and am on a computer I can articulate what I'm saying easier
Impossible? No. I have done it, but then again I have done the impossible numerous times, or so I have been told.

Old 09-17-2017, 3:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Impossible? No. I have done it, but then again I have done the impossible numerous times, or so I have been told.
Youre probably right but convincing you that I agree with you in part as well as disagree isn't worth going through the trouble since I'm at my ranch, watching football and hunting deer over the next week.

I just don't want to take the effort while on vacation.

In fact I wouldn't reply to you now except for the fact that the 49ers just plain suck
Old 09-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Ok.
LEO has an off roster handgun (that they bought USING THEIR EXEMPTION) and they PPT it to NON LEO.

LEO has an off roster handgun (that they bought WITHOUT USING THEIR EXEMPTION) and they PPT it to NON LEO.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE ???
Old 09-18-2017, 4:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Youre probably right but convincing you that I agree with you in part as well as disagree isn't worth going through the trouble since I'm at my ranch, watching football and hunting deer over the next week.

I just don't want to take the effort while on vacation.

In fact I wouldn't reply to you now except for the fact that the 49ers just plain suck
I honestly don't think that you even know what I am saying.

Have a good vacation.

Old 09-18-2017, 4:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
Ok.
LEO has an off roster handgun (that they bought USING THEIR EXEMPTION) and they PPT it to NON LEO.

LEO has an off roster handgun (that they bought WITHOUT USING THEIR EXEMPTION) and they PPT it to NON LEO.

First off, the law does not apply to all LEOs, only some. It seems that CA does not think everyone is the same, not even LEOs. Some are better and more entitled than others, the politicians being the most entitled, at least in their own minds.

If the LEO mentioned about is one of the newly added category with the limitation, then in the first case it is illegal to transfer and the second case it is not. That is the only difference. It is the government, it does not have to make sense. The wonderful politicians don't like people figuring out ways around their stupid and unconstitutional laws, so they keep trying to make changes to prevent it.

Old 09-19-2017, 4:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Wow, do you really believe that? Do you really not see what you have posted? I am not the one being childish with the snide comments. You really need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. Talk about a person stomping their feet and declaring that they are right, that seems to apply to you.

Without any proof or basis you claim that the CA DOJ can't or won't go after a FFL, Amazing. It must be so nice to be able to see the future and know so much.

You last line conflicts with the first.

Even if there is a database of LEOs, which is likely, they have to have access to use that in terms of the DROS, but more than that they also have to know the employer and the position. You want to claim all of that exists, but then you say perhaps but perhaps not, so you don't even know what you are saying is true, but you keep pushing it.

You say it is so, so prove it. I don't know if it exists or not, I don't know if it exists that they can even use it with respect to the DROS.

I don’t think their is. That’s why they are tying to make the dealers enforce this law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 11:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No wonder your post counts are so high. . . .Both of you. . . . Sheesh!! Why not use PM's for your panty clumping. It would be the polite thing to do for the rest of us. . . .

Golden State Tactical <---click here >

An FORMER Outpost Deep In the Heart of the Beast! Home of "California Compliant" AR15 Parts and Magazines and some of the lowest priced guns in the state!!!

Last edited by rbetts; 09-19-2017 at 11:11 AM..
Old 09-19-2017, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
Ok.

The state simply determined that it does not want the LEO exemption to be used to circumvent the roster.
Old 09-19-2017, 6:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbetts View Post
No wonder your post counts are so high. . . .Both of you. . . . Sheesh!! Why not use PM's for your panty clumping. It would be the polite thing to do for the rest of us. . . .
Nope, not the reason, but thank you for your interest. Feel free to ignore anything that you like. It is nice to know that you speak for everyone else. I guess I missed that election, but perhaps it was just in your mind and I prefer to stick with reality.

Old 09-19-2017, 6:28 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
So those that can are :

CHP
City Police Departments
County Sheriff Departments
Department of Correction Officers
Federal Sworn Peace Officers (FBI, Marshall, Flight Officer)
Those who could in 2016 can still do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:02 PM

8314 and counting. (It feels good pad my count a little) thanks for leading the way Kemasa. Please point me to the "ignore a user" button on Calguns. Many a thread could use a delousing.

An FORMER Outpost Deep In the Heart of the Beast! Home of "California Compliant" AR15 Parts and Magazines and some of the lowest priced guns in the state!!!
Old 09-20-2017, 5:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
8314 and counting. (It feels good pad my count a little) thanks for leading the way Kemasa. Please point me to the "ignore a user" button on Calguns. Many a thread could use a delousing.
The number really does not matter, as well I have been a member longer than you have, but you seem to just want to continue to make snide remarks.

Your PPD is 0.34, whereas mine is 1.85. I suspect that I help people more than you do, which perhaps makes you jealous as you might not be able to answer questions or perhaps you just choose not to.

If you can't find it, you can hire me as a consultant to assist you. I charge more for people who are clueless though, just a warning.

Old 09-21-2017, 8:00 AM

LOL. Ok, OK, your unit can be bigger than mine if that's what you want. But for what it's worth, barfing all over threads or titty-tats because someone disagrees with you serves the thread no good and is a complete waste of time when someone is actually seeking information that is helpful. Good luck in that consulting career, you and the crickets can sing all you want. . . . . . . (oh look, my post count is rising now too)

Old 09-21-2017, 8:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
LOL. Ok, OK, your unit can be bigger than mine if that's what you want. But for what it's worth, barfing all over threads or titty-tats because someone disagrees with you serves the thread no good and is a complete waste of time when someone is actually seeking information that is helpful. Good luck in that consulting career, you and the crickets can sing all you want. . . . . . . (oh look, my post count is rising now too)
What exactly do you think that you are doing? It is not even on topic.

I might also point out that you bring up numbers, I point out that it is bogus and why, so then you have to respond with a stupid statement. As to the consulting, too bad you can't figure out how to block people, but based on your comments that is not unexpected, and it seems that when you can't figure things out, you are not bright enough to get assistance.

How about you trying to sticking to the topic instead of trying to bash people?

Last edited by kemasa; 09-21-2017 at 9:34 AM..
Old 09-21-2017, 9:31 AM

Couldn't help yourself could you (8319)

Old 09-21-2017, 9:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You really need to look in the mirror. It is amazing that you are SO focused on my post count, as if it means something and I already told you I have been on this forum years longer than you. I don't pay attention to it, but it really seems to matter to you for some odd reason.

Add to that, you still can't stick to the topic and instead you want to attack me. Have I hurt you little feelings? Perhaps you need to go to a safe room until you feel better. Or is it that you are posting just to increase your post count in order to feel better about yourself? In either case it is really pathetic of you.

Old 09-21-2017, 9:42 AM
Head Janitor

Oh this one's going to be FUN to go through...
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 09-21-2017, 2:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Where's Rodney King when we need him??

So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
Judge Roger T. Benitez
LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019
Old 09-21-2017, 3:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I can only find one person who is trying to up his post count without adding anything to this thread and, it's not kemasa or taperxz.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 09-22-2017 at 10:07 AM..