Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 2:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR529 View Post
Just my two cents here. OP stated that he was taking advantage of BCM's warranty, and that removing the rail himself would void the warranty as per BCM in a discussion about providing a wrench. I also don't see how this has turned into a "you should do this or you should do that to troubleshoot. The OP doesn't have the upper. To the people saying he should calm down. I would be upset to if I was keeping in regular contact with them and getting responses in a reasonable amount of time, then all of the sudden I can't get a hold of anyone for 3 weeks. What do you people consider a reasonable amount of time for contact? I'm sorry, but initial troubleshooting and skill of the shooter aren't the problem here. The OP said he had a problem, sent it to BCM, and they said there was nothing wrong. 3 weeks ago they said they would send it back and now he hasn't heard from them and they're ignoring him. I don't see how that's NOT a cause for concern.
Seems as though they were in contact a week ago.

See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
Notice he said he'd have results on Monday, Monday came and went so on Friday I contact them. At this point I feel like I'm being BS'd.

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 8:34 AM
To: Bravo Information <info@bravocompanyusa.com>
Subject: Re: [#CS-100090] Order#: 559032 [1] [1] [1]

What's the deal? You said results on Monday. Today is Friday and I haven't heard from you guys. You've had the upper for over a month. I am trying to not lose my patience, but how would you feel? If you're too busy to fix my upper, just send it back and I'll have no choice but to handle it on my own.

Sent from my iPhone

Their reply:

A representative attempted to contact you Monday afternoon to discuss the results but did not reach you. If you are available today, we would be happy to contact you again and whatever number you say is best.

Thank you,

I had no missed calls or voicemails whatsoever.
Old 03-26-2016, 2:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseV8 View Post
Justifying a wrong with a wrong is lame. There is still a lot of haterade in this thread dumping on the op and fanboying BCM. I dont care which party is right or wrong, they way some people are handling this whole thread is sad.
Who is fanboying BCM?

OP PMed me calling me all sorts of names (mostly ***ed out) as well as a BCM fanboy. Odd when I've not said one positive thing about them on this thread.
Old 03-26-2016, 2:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberatore View Post
Who is fanboying BCM?

OP PMed me calling me all sorts of names (mostly ***ed out) as well as a BCM fanboy. Odd when I've not said one positive thing about them on this thread.
Then don't worry about it. Get off the thread then. You have no skin in the game and don't know what you're talking about. You have been trolling my thread implying that I'm stupid so if you wanna talk, let's do it.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Then don't worry about it. Get off the thread then. You have no skin in the game and don't know what you're talking about. You have been trolling my thread implying that I'm stupid so if you wanna talk, let's do it.
I'm not worried about it.

No one other than you has skin in the game for this issue but I do know what I am talking about.

Trolling is not disagreeing with you. I'm not implying you're stupid at all. I'm stating that you chose to handle this poorly and that you seem to be the only problem since BCM ruled out the upper and you ruled out the scope and mount. One of you could be wrong, but without proof I'll choose to believe both of you.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:02 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
For what? I don't have the upper. It comes with the rail, why should I buy the wrench?
you assume it comes with the rail.

IF I was BCM, I would have negotiated with the rail supplier to provide me with the rails in bulk OEM white boxing. Just bubble wrap 50 rails and put them in a box. I would have them not provide me with wrenches for each rail so I could save $5-10 on each rail. Just provide me with a couple wrenches for the production line.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
you assume it comes with the rail.

IF I was BCM, I would have negotiated with the rail supplier to provide me with the rails in bulk OEM white boxing. Just bubble wrap 50 rails and put them in a box. I would have them not provide me with wrenches for each rail so I could save $5-10 on each rail. Just provide me with a couple wrenches for the production line.
That makes sense. That's not what they told me, and honestly all this doesn't matter. They said my upper is fine and they'd ship it back.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:11 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
That makes sense. That's not what they told me, and honestly all this doesn't matter. They said my upper is fine and they'd ship it back.
well, until it shows up, nobody knows.

it might have had an issue and they tore it apart, looked at it, didn't find anything and when they put it back together, its now actually fine just from reassembly.

or, they tore it apart, found something, fixed it, and now its fine. but they just said that it is fine, not wanting to admit to sending out something bad.

bottom line is that you have to wait for it to show up and then see how it shoots. spend a couple minutes boresighting it and you know if it is even close before you send the first round down range. even with a quick look down the bore to get it sighted in should have you on paper with the first shot.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
well, until it shows up, nobody knows.

it might have had an issue and they tore it apart, looked at it, didn't find anything and when they put it back together, its now actually fine just from reassembly.

or, they tore it apart, found something, fixed it, and now its fine. but they just said that it is fine, not wanting to admit to sending out something bad.

bottom line is that you have to wait for it to show up and then see how it shoots. spend a couple minutes boresighting it and you know if it is even close before you send the first round down range. even with a quick look down the bore to get it sighted in should have you on paper with the first shot.
Yes sir. Thanks. My complaint is the lack of communication and the timeline.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:48 PM

OP, just do this.

when it arrives, test fire it again, if it still f'ed up, do a charge back on your credit card. i would recommend installing magpul iron sights just to be sure.

and if it doesnt arrive, then do a charge back as well.

thats it.
Old 03-26-2016, 3:52 PM

rattlesnake,
The best of luck to you, Sir, and please keep us posted on the eventual outcome.
Jon
Old 03-26-2016, 4:27 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Me too, back then I'd just warn you.
Now the hotheads are more insulting and then it's hammer time.
Quote:
Oh this is going to end sooo well for you...
Quote:
ou are a BCM guzzler.
Apparently I've been too subtle.

Let's try a different approach.

KNOCK OFF THE INSULT, NAME CALLING AND CRAP OR GET KICKED THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!

Still too subtle?
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 03-26-2016, 4:31 PM
Calguns Addict

What is disappointing is the time the repair is taking especially for what they charge for their products. AR stuff is so over priced.

Last edited by Sunday; 03-26-2016 at 9:20 PM..
Old 03-26-2016, 4:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

KNOCK OFF THE INSULT, NAME CALLING AND CRAP OR GET KICKED THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!

Still too subtle?
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-26-2016, 4:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckeeGunner66 View Post
OP, just do this.

when it arrives, test fire it again, if it still f'ed up, do a charge back on your credit card. i would recommend installing magpul iron sights just to be sure.

and if it doesnt arrive, then do a charge back as well.

thats it.
Good advice. Thank you very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
rattlesnake,
The best of luck to you, Sir, and please keep us posted on the eventual outcome.
Jon
Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words. I will update on the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
What is disappointing is the time the repair is taking especially for whatthey charge for their products. AR stuff is so over priced.
Agreed. That is what really irks me.
Old 03-26-2016, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Speaking of rude, this is the person you're defending...
LOL! Remember when you were in 2nd grade? Some kid would hit you. Then when you hit him back, he'd go crying to the teacher. If the teacher was brain dead, she'd yell at you. If the teacher's brain was working, she'd say, "Why did he hit you...did you hit him first?"
Old 03-26-2016, 6:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseV8 View Post
I love how everyone is attacking the op and offering little to no help.

Ive never used a laser. Does than mean I dont know how to zero a scope? You guys are making assumptions that the op doesnt know what he's doing. You are speculating that BCM is faultless when you dont know many of the details.

Whether or not he knows how to zero a scope, there is no excuse for the timeline. At this point he doesnt care who was right or what barrel is crooked, he just wants the upper returned and I dont blame him.

Quote:
I've got many rifles on paper without any thing but ammo. Either way at this point it doesn't matter. They owe me my upper or $750. I put that same scope on my other upper and had it zeroed in less than 30 rounds. But at this point it doesn't matter . Just if you ever send anything to BCM don't expect it back when they say they will send it back. And do not expect them to return phone calls or reply to emails. Lasers and bore sighters at this point don't matter. I paid for the upper, and was told I'd be getting it back. If I was a newb to the sport and was wrong and didn't know how to zero a scope , do you think BCM or any company should be able to just keep the money and product?
Old 03-26-2016, 7:08 PM

5 pages of this and still unsure whos fault it is...

so is it BMC or OP???
Old 03-26-2016, 7:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion.excal View Post

so is it BMC or OP???
That they've taken this long and have horrible communication? Or the whole not shooting straight?
Old 03-26-2016, 7:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion.excal View Post

so is it BMC or OP???
So far, seems it's OP's fault for buying BCM.
Old 03-26-2016, 7:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
So far, seems it's OP's fault for buying BCM.
LOL! I don't know what to say.
Old 03-26-2016, 7:40 PM
Banned

this thread is full of fail. I think it's OPs fault.
Old 03-26-2016, 7:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
this thread is full of fail. I think it's OPs fault.
How so? What would be acceptable? 3 months? 4 months? How long would you be ok with if it was your upper?
Old 03-26-2016, 7:50 PM
Banned

183 posts

you can barely manage appropriate responses on here--it's not a stretch to think you also screwed the pooch with your AR
Old 03-26-2016, 7:52 PM

Quote:
How so? What would be acceptable? 3 months? 4 months? How long would you be ok with if it was your upper?
Dealing with a company that is #1 in the AR spotlight with limited manufacturing capacity requires patients, I've had one bum upper out of 5 from bravo they made it good but it took myself 1.5 months for me circa Q1 2015 they ended up replacing it.

Germantown, WI need to catch up with Hartland's WI's demands.(non-BFH barrels)
Old 03-26-2016, 8:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
183 posts

you can barely manage appropriate responses on here--it's not a stretch to think you also screwed the pooch with your AR
What do you mean? Their ****ty customer service is my fault?
Old 03-26-2016, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Still too subtle?

Think this worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddindetroit View Post
I think you mean ProStaff on your ad and not Prostate- the male secretary organ that causes urinary obstruction in old age and make chymotrypsin to lyse seminal clots.

These are nice scopes - ProStaff that is; not the Prostate.

DD
Old 03-26-2016, 8:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
What do you mean? Their ****ty customer service is my fault?
He's saying that you cannot clearly communicate and that is probably a contributing factor to them taking a long time.

If you're as unclear on the phone as you are in many of your posts then I tend to agree.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
He's saying that you cannot clearly communicate and that is probably a contributing factor to them taking a long time.

If you're as unclear on the phone as you are in many of your posts then I tend to agree.
I only had one phone conversation with them and it was clear. They said they would send it back. I posted my email interaction with them. As you can see they clearly asked me to send the upper in. What has you so confused?
Old 03-26-2016, 8:42 PM

Quote:
So why you complaining so much ?!
Old 03-26-2016, 8:44 PM

Quote:
LOL! I don't know what to say.
Say maybe you don't know how to zero your rifle
Old 03-26-2016, 8:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I only had one phone conversation with them and it was clear. They said they would send it back. I posted my email interaction with them. As you can see they clearly asked me to send the upper in. What has you so confused?
Thanks for reaffirming my previous thoughts.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintman View Post
So why you complaining so much ?!
Because they didn't do what they said they were going to do. They said they'd call me on Monday, with results and then lied about it. Then they said they would ship it back on Friday the 18th and didn't.

I know you're just trying to be condescending but how would you feel if it was your $750 upper and you were being bull****ted?
Old 03-26-2016, 8:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for reaffirming my previous thoughts.
Thank you for reaffirming mine.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintman View Post
Say maybe you don't know how to zero your rifle
Maybe you don't know how to zero your rifle.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Relax man. You constantly seem like you're on the defensive in your replies.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Because they didn't do what they said they were going to do. They said they'd call me on Monday, with results and then lied about it. Then they said they would ship it back on Friday the 18th and didn't.

I know you're just trying to be condescending but how would you feel if it was your $750 upper and you were being bull****ted?
Nothing that you have posted until now states this. When did they state that they were shipping the upper on 3/18? During the phone call? Did he actually specify a date or just say that they would ship it back?
Old 03-26-2016, 8:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nothing that you have posted until now states this. When did they state that they were shipping the upper on 3/18? During the phone call? Did he actually specify a date or just say that they would ship it back?
Yes it does. You just lack reading conprehension.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Yes it does. You just lack reading conprehension.
and you have a serious lack of tact.
Old 03-26-2016, 8:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losd619 View Post
and you have a serious lack of tact.
Oh the humanity.
Old 03-26-2016, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately OP, you upper was not on the truck.