Cowboy Ten Commandments
Cowboy Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in
Farlie, Texas :
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to church meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin'.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.
Did y'all git all that?
Our Liberty is insured by 4 Boxes!
The Ballot Box.
The Jury Box.
The Soap Box.
The Cartridge Box
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."
"Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."
Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Close to the hillbilly one.
I like the following:
Gene Autry's Code of Honor
1.A cowboy never takes unfair advantage - even of an enemy.
2.A cowboy never betrays a trust. He never goes back on his word.
3.A cowboy always tells the truth.
4.A cowboy is kind and gentle to small children, old folks, and animals.
5.A cowboy is free from racial and religious intolerances.
6.A cowboy is always helpful when someone is in trouble.
7.A cowboy is always a good worker.
8.A cowboy respects womanhood, his parents and his nation's laws.
9.A cowboy is clean about his person in thought, word, and deed.
10.A cowboy is a Patriot.
Hopalong Cassidy and "Topper"Hopalong Cassidy's Creed for American Boys and Girls
1.The highest badge of honor a person can wear is honesty. Be truthful at all times.
2.Your parents are the best friends you have. Listen to them and obey their instructions.
3.If you want to be respected, you must respect others. Show good manners in every way.
4.Only through hard work and study can you succeed. Don't be lazy.
5.Your good deeds always come to light. So don't boast or be a show-off.
6.If you waste time or money today, you will regret it tomorrow. Practice thrift in all ways.
7.Many animals are good and loyal companions. Be friendly and kind to them.
8.A strong, healthy body is a precious gift. Be neat and clean.
9.Our country's laws are made for your protection. Observe them carefully.
10.Children in many foreign lands are less fortunate than you. Be glad and proud you are an American.
Wild Bill HickockWild Bill Hickock Deputy Marshal's Code of Conduct
1.I will be brave, but never careless.
2.I will obey my parents. They DO know best.
3.I will be neat and clean at all times.
4.I will be polite and courteous.
5.I will protect the weak and help them.
6.I will study hard.
7.I will be kind to animals and care for them.
8.I will respect my flag and my country.
9.I will attend my place of worship regularly.
The Lone RangerThe Lone Ranger Creed
1.I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one.
2.That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.
3.That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.
4.In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.
5.That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
6.That "this government, of the people, by the people, and for the people," shall live always.
7.That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
8.That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.
9.That all things change, but the truth, and the truth alone lives on forever.
10.I believe in my Creator, my country, my fellow man.
Roy Rogers and "Trigger"Roy Rogers Riders Club Rules
1.Be neat and clean.
2.Be courteous and polite.
3.Always obey your parents.
4.Protect the weak and help them.
5.Be brave, but never take chances.
6.Study hard and learn all you can.
7.Be kind to animals and care for them.
8.Eat all your food and never waste any.
9.Love God and go to Sunday School regularly.
10. Always respect our flag and our country.
Roy RogersRoy Rogers Prayer
Lord, I reckon I'm not much just by myself,
I fail to do a lot of things I ought to do.
But Lord, when trails are steep and passes high,
Help me ride it straight the whole way through.
And when in the falling dusk I get that final call,
I do not care how many flowers they send,
Above all else, the happiest trail would be
For YOU to say to me, "Let's ride, My Friend"
Texas RangersTexas Rangers "Deputy Ranger" Oath
3.Defend the Weak.
4.Never Desert a Friend.
5.Never Take Unfair Advantage.
10.Have Faith in God.
Code of the West
(from "Cowboy Ethics: What Wall Street Can Learn from the Code of the West" by James P. Owen)
1.Live each day with courage.
2.Take pride in your work.
3.Always finish what you start.
4.Do what has to be done.
5.Be tough, but fair.
6.When you make a promise, keep it.
7.Ride for the brand.
8.Talk less and say more.
9.Remember that some things aren't for sale.
10.Know where to draw the line.
An Old Cowboy's Advice
* Keep your fences horse-high, pig-tight & bull-strong.
* Keep skunks & bankers & lawyers at a distance.
* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Don't corner something that would normally run from you.
* It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.
* Every path has a few puddles.
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about is never gonna happen anyway.
* Don't judge folks by their relatives.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* Sometimes you get, & sometimes you get got.
* Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* Good judgment comes from experience, & a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
* Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
"Freedom begins with an act of defiance"
Quote for the day: